• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While its not something to fully get the attention, but some Japanese person info (supposedly) said that a Female Fighter is coming as the next new challenger soon.

Make sure to take it with a grain of salt. The flame is just getting higher the closer we are approaching the Climax of the Fighters Pass.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, fairly sure it's a fake leak, but at least it's not as blatant as the Frisk/Waluigi one.

Again, this thread is mature enough to handle it. It's some/most of the other ones that will go

I just wish there will be confirmation of further DLC after person number 5 shows up, to douse some of the fire with water.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Eh, fairly sure it's a fake leak, but at least it's not as blatant as the Frisk/Waluigi one.

Again, this thread is mature enough to handle it. It's some/most of the other ones that will go

I just wish there will be confirmation of further DLC after person number 5 shows up, to douse some of the fire with water.
well, there are always some stuff to keep the fire controlled like fan games and other games coming soon. However, its impossible to control the fire for a long while since its burning on a huge radius that has spots that cannot be control easily.

Best to embrace what we have now and run intensely with the flow. Plus, Anime Expo is almost here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
well, there are always some stuff to keep the fire controlled like fan games and other games coming soon. However, its impossible to control the fire for a long while since its burning on a huge radius that has spots that cannot be control easily.

Best to embrace what we have now and run intensely with the flow. Plus, Anime Expo is almost here.
I understand your concern, but I don't think that supporters from the other threads will come here to attack this one en masse out of frustration. Especially since Shantae still isn't playable.

If worse comes to worst, it's best to stay out of the forum until things quiet down. Which is what I did after Bayonetta came in as a newcomer.

Besides, I don't think people are too overly concerned about Anime Expo here right now. If this was 4Chan though...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I understand your concern, but I don't think that supporters from the other threads will come here to attack this one en masse out of frustration. Especially since Shantae still isn't playable.

If worse comes to worst, it's best to stay out of the forum until things quiet down. Which is what I did after Bayonetta came in as a newcomer.

Besides, I don't think people are too overly concerned about Anime Expo here right now. If this was 4Chan though...
oh yeah, I understand that one. Don't bother with 4chan.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace

They won't if she's in. "I always knew she was in" shenanigans. It's the ones that found out she's has been officially confirmed not in is the ones to look out for. They can be pretty disheartening. But it won't be actual members here on this forum. Only trolls.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They won't if she's in. "I always knew she was in" shenanigans. It's the ones that found out she's has been officially confirmed not in is the ones to look out for. They can be pretty disheartening. But it won't be actual members here on this forum. Only trolls.
Yeah, though the Joker thread still gets some detractors from time to time. The hate may die down, but it wouldn't completely stop, no place is safe from that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Do we know when WayForward will be announcing stuff at Anime Expo?

Edit:
I know I asked this before, but I still don't know and I am curious.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, don't try to push your luck if Wayforward has anything else to show other then Trigger Studio's collaberation to Shantae 5's intro and Indivisible.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I didn't play the others Shantae do you guys think i should do it first ?Because i'm quite interested to see this new game but i don't know if it'll spoil me anything

Dukefire

Smash Master
I didn't play the others Shantae do you guys think i should do it first ?Because i'm quite interested to see this new game but i don't know if it'll spoil me anything
If you want to, go ahead. Though a heads up for the previous games.

GBC: the screen is close up to Shantae, so its hard to see and there is no map. Better get an online map to see where you are going.
Risky's Revenge: Best to play Director's Cut version to have Warp Squids to all you found. Although, the map system is very confusing, so get an online map to see it better.
Pirate's Curse: Great if you want to start there.
Half Genie Hero: A Great place to start with. If you want all DLC with no extra purchase, get the collectors version.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, tomorrow is Anime Expo. So be ready once it comes.

Also, a shantae artwork for today.
Artist:
shantae_kamui_by_luckster1234_ddargx0-pre.jpg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hopefully I'm not late to the punch, but...
Been a while since I’ve tried a beat em up and this looks sweet. Can’t wait to try it out! And there’s no mistaking Cristina Vee here withthe vocals.

Inb4 they end up making Human Rottytops a cameo NPC...

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok i am god damn HYPED for sure. I was excited when i heard the news of the game, but the gameplay, the music, the graphics all look fantastic!!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Love how WayForward is making new games this year. Keep them coming!!!!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
See, no 8-bit pixels, nothing to worry about after all. Wonder if there's a physical edition to preorder somewhere, but I wouldn't mind digital in the meantime.

Edit: Limited Run Games, eh? That means it'll be high-quality!

I am not expecting it, just thinking about it because of relation. Tis just a fun idea.
Don't mind him, he's just doing damage control.

Oh ho. Way to tease us wayforward
Wouldn't be shocked. :4pacman:

Top Bottom