Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just don't let any ideas continuously bite away to the end if that hope isn't happening.

Worst Case Scenario (and possibly highly unlikely its 100%):
Don't fall into madness.

Last edited:
So Christina posted this...

So, possible news of Shantae 5 on the 7th?

That does bring up the question again. What are Wayforward's intentions at Anime Expo starting on July 4th with some fuel being added to the fire?

Guess we will find out soon in a week.

Also, here is a Shantae artwork for tonight
Artist: artfanparadise
Shantae_by_artfanparadise.jpg
Screenshot_20190426-011818_YouTube.jpg

zferolie

Smash Champion
So Christina posted this...

So, possible news of Shantae 5 on the 7th?
As others have said, it was unnanounced. I love her cosplay though and **** yes Indivisible news!!!!

Man, a Shantae anime would be great. It has the style, the characters, and HGH was already formatted like an episodic cartoon. I wonder though, who would make it?
... what if...Studio Trigger did a Shantae anime?

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said, it was unnanounced. I love her cosplay though and **** yes Indivisible news!!!!

That would be cool, but would the styles mesh well?
When it comes to who I could see making a Shantae show, I was thinking that maybe Netflix could give it a go. They helped make the excellence that is the Castlevania and they have done well with other animated originals.

zferolie

Smash Champion
That would be cool, but would the styles mesh well?
When it comes to who I could see making a Shantae show, I was thinking that maybe Netflix could give it a go. They helped make the excellence that is the Castlevania and they have done well with other animated originals.
Well the did little witch academia, and that could fit the shantae look

Well the did little witch academia, and that could fit the shantae look
I just watched a clip and I could see it. It would be great to have some fluent animation for action and dancing. Any other studios people have in mind?

Edit:
Just in case anyone was curious, this was the clip I watched. Figured it might as well be of a dance since that is a big element of Shantae.

Last edited:
I don't know if people consider them Anime, but I could see the team behind Avatar doing a good job with Shantae. They have dance fighting down and have worked a few transformation scenes in their time.
That would also be cool, especially since Avatar was such a great show. Just hope what is animated would be of similar style to the games.

You know, Shantae getting an animated series would really help when it comes to Smash support. I know that's kinda obvious to say, but it is true. If the series is good, her popularity would increase immensely due to the exposure.

That would also be cool, especially since Avatar was such a great show. Just hope what is animated would be of similar style to the games.

You know, Shantae getting an animated series would really help when it comes to Smash support. I know that's kinda obvious to say, but it is true. If the series is good, her popularity would increase immensely due to the exposure.
I mean, Smash aside an animated series would give her a lot more exposure. Especially if it is on one of the streaming platforms that most people have like Netflix or Hulu.

Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
NNID
Wade94
I mean, Smash aside an animated series would give her a lot more exposure. Especially if it is on one of the streaming platforms that most people have like Netflix or Hulu.
Yeah I always felt an animated series for Shantae would feel better suited for a streaming service and it wouldn’t have to follow network restrictions.

Considering their work on stuff like Kill La Kill, yeah they’d be a pretty solid choice.

Idk if you found out yet, but Etika is dead.
Poor etika man. I just learned about his disappearance this morning when the article about his body being found showed up in my feed. Didn't really have an opinion on the dude, but I knew he was going through alot. I thought he was getting better. At least he's at peace now.

3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
NNID
Shinuto
Poor etika man. I just learned about his disappearance this morning when the article about his body being found showed up in my feed. Didn't really have an opinion on the dude, but I knew he was going through alot. I thought he was getting better. At least he's at peace now.
I thought he was fine again after those events in 2018 and when he did the Nintendo E3 stream this year.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to add something before it turned into an Etika topic, but I'm too late. So I'll save it for another time.

Anyway, I've never been an avid fan of reaction channels, but I already knew well who he was. I still don't know what drove him to making that unfortunate decision, since the most I heard was that he was "declined any help" at mental hospital due to "not meeting" some kind of the "criteria", whatever the heck that means. There shouldn't be any criteria for a mentally ill person with a history like his. There shouldn't be a list of qualifications for receiving mental help. Never even heard of that until now.

Could have potentially been prevented.
I don't really have much to add, so I'll come back whenever the internet cools down.

Last edited:

Sunny-Zee

Smash Apprentice
Damn... I loved his reaction vids. RIP man
(Sigh...) We’re down by one acolyte of hype. I’ll admit I watch more of the likes of Maximilian Dood, SomeCallMeJohnny, and members of The Runaway Guys, but Etika’s reactions have been some of the most amusing on the net, and it’s a blasted shame he went out the way he did. This one goes out to all of the JOYCON BOYZ (now JOYCON MEN) out there...

(Sigh...) We’re down by one acolyte of hype. I’ll admit I watch more of the likes of Maximilian Dood, SomeCallMeJohnny, and members of The Runaway Guys, but Etika’s reactions have been some of the most amusing on the net, and it’s a blasted shame he went out the way he did. This one goes out to all of the JOYCON BOYZ (now JOYCON MEN) out there...
Not only was he great at hype, he was one of the most vocal public supporters of our girl getting into Smash.

It's an absolute tragedy what happened too him and it just further displays how horribly mental health is taken care of here in the states. He was clearly in need but for whatever reason he was denied.

I'm not sure how it is on his side of the country, but out where I am mental health issues are dealt in tandem with substance abuse therapy. So people with mental and emotional disorders need to share facilities and time with court appointed drug addicts. thanks to this there is almost never enough time or people and often pills are just thrown at the patients with a "wait and see" mentality. Thanks to this far too many mentally ill give up on the system entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only was he great at hype, he was one of the most vocal public supporters of our girl getting into Smash.

It's an absolute tragedy what happened too him and it just further displays how horribly mental health is taken care of here in the states. He was clearly in need but for whatever reason he was denied.

I'm not sure how it is on his side of the country, but out where I am mental health issues are dealt in tandem with substance abuse therapy. So people with mental and emotional disorders need to share facilities and time with court appointed drug addicts. thanks to this there is almost never enough time or people and often pills are just thrown at the patients with a "wait and see" mentality. Thanks to this far too many mentally ill give up on the system entirely.
I don't know a lot of mental health honestly, but if the system's rules does happen like that. Then people won't know what is troubling them and result to disasters.