• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Exactly.

So why all the forced negativity?
Repeating the factors to the negativity.

1. Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, so the conclusion say that no Indie Characters will be a fighter.
2. She's a spirit and spirit deconfirms that character's chances. (Or so they say as fan rules.)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Repeating the factors to the negativity.

1. Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, so the conclusion say that no Indie Characters will be a fighter.
2. She's a spirit and spirit deconfirms that character's chances. (Or so they say as fan rules.)
And who decided any of these things?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No one at Nintendo ever said anything about specific characters being deconfirmed even after Smash 4's DLC ended (although the ICs' fate was easy to guess, due to 3DS limitations and Sakurai stating he doesn't do version-exclusive characters), so I think we'll be left in limbo until the end, once again.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, business as usual. At least most of the active support threads (that isn't this one) on here would annoy you, since fan rules are everywhere right now.

I want E3 to come and snap half of those fan rules away.
Yeah.
Man's knowledge is mostly made up.

And sadly, we are prone to forgetting that, and easily mistake interpretations for truth.

Dukefire

Smash Master
All the more reason to majorly reduce the drama for the Smash Community. Also, two images made by Shxdowmewtwo for a parody of Endgame.

D8Z9DLZWwAALx5v.jpeg

D8Z9DLbXoAUWnIG.jpeg

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
All the more reason to majorly reduce the drama for the Smash Community. Also, two images made by Shxdowmewtwo for a parody of Endgame.

So, what I am getting from this...
Steve=Banjo
Geno=Sans
Sora=Doomguy
Rayman=Rex
Skull Kid=Waluigi
Crash=Tracer
Isaac=2B
Bandana Dee=Shadow
Shantae=Shovel Knight
Spyro=Edelgard

Why did he make two versions of this?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So what new transformations do you hope to see in Shantae 5? I want a dragon.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im kicking myself for even giving this attention but...Id like to request help in finding a surce on this claim I found. "Someone from Rare hinted that Shantae and Banjo would both be coming to E3, and I believe it was also revealed by E3 that Rare had actually invited Wayforward but I can't remember where I saw that. perhaps banjo is appearing in Shantae 5 after all and won't be in smash bros...'

zferolie

Smash Hero
Im kicking myself for even giving this attention but...Id like to request help in finding a surce on this claim I found. "Someone from Rare hinted that Shantae and Banjo would both be coming to E3, and I believe it was also revealed by E3 that Rare had actually invited Wayforward but I can't remember where I saw that. perhaps banjo is appearing in Shantae 5 after all and won't be in smash bros...'
first i ever heard of this,

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You might want to ask Fatmanonice or PolarPanda for this one.

Although, given that last claim, a certain drawing from a certain Dry Bones fan would be hilariously prophetic.

D7BYJ4PX4AEjyDZ.png

Incidentally, Mayles retweeted the original post for that pic...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Its crazy what I will say, but I kind of thought the same way as KrazyBones by a Dream months ago.

Of course, dreams are a build of the mind for things you experienced and/or wished for. So it can be either a telling of the near future or just something you made up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man I would flip out if thats the reveals. I mean, really, the only thing going for Erdrick is Brave and Vergeben right? Brave could have been code for Banjo. Jack-Joker, Brave-Banjo
Tansut, as well, don't forget. Although in his case, he was doing a riddle with Cloud last time, yet has been unambiguous about the topic of Erdrick. The thing that leaves me hanging is the lack of response from his source, in regards to confirming if Eddy's in.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Tansut, as well, don't forget. Although in his case, he was doing a riddle with Cloud last time, yet has been unambiguous about the topic of Erdrick. The thing that leaves me hanging is the lack of response from his source, in regards to confirming if Eddy's in.
I don't remember that guy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, this seems like a good time to bring back this lil nugget of wisdom in a trying time such as this.

...unless it fits with our fondest wishes-(Krakoom!!)
I mean, Sturgeon's Law applies to leaks as much as anything: 90% of all leaks are bad (read as: fake), with the remaining 10% being any good.

In any case, the healthiest thing to do is to pretend that they aren't there.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is a Shantae Artwork for tonight.
Artist: Snow-Kichiii
fanart__shantae__by_snow_kichiii_dd8s6s6-pre.jpg

Also, prepare for the final 3 days.
tUmm7Ze_d.jpg

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I didn't say that as a fact, it's my opinion and you can't change my mind about that.
Word yourself better then.
Don't word it, like it's the truth.

Also, if you're so convinced she won't be in...
1. Why post it publicly in a support thread of all places, potentially ruining the mood for everybody?
2. Why are you still part of said support thread?

And why are you defensive?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
While the Nintendo Direct is 3 Days away. Microsoft will be going first on their presentations tomorrow.
Here is the schedule for E3 2019.
Screenshot_20190608-074349_Chrome.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
you know, i will laugh so hard if Erdrick was leak bait. I mean all people are going on are leakers saying stuff, and the word Brave in code. You guys really think Nintendo would put the name the character is known for in the code when they know about dataminers? Sakurai learned from the past.

My theory is the first letter is the code for the character. Jack->Joker. Brave-> Banjo. Plus the code stats for how Brave fights fits banjo more. Floaty is what it was described.

So Yeah, Banjo Has a ton more evidence then Erdrick. Merchandising, Code for rare Spirits in the game, and one 100% more credible person. So I am expecting Banjo for sure, but I bet we will see a surpise other character. Shantae? Reimu? Doom Slayer? Slime? Heck Freaking Geno? Anything can happen. Just don't expect Erdrick.

Remember everyone was saying Armor form pokemon were absoultely happening? This weeks direct shot down that for sure and absolute leak.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
you know, i will laugh so hard if Erdrick was leak bait. I mean all people are going on are leakers saying stuff, and the word Brave in code. You guys really think Nintendo would put the name the character is known for in the code when they know about dataminers? Sakurai learned from the past.

My theory is the first letter is the code for the character. Jack->Joker. Brave-> Banjo. Plus the code stats for how Brave fights fits banjo more. Floaty is what it was described.

So Yeah, Banjo Has a ton more evidence then Erdrick. Merchandising, Code for rare Spirits in the game, and one 100% more credible person. So I am expecting Banjo for sure, but I bet we will see a surpise other character. Shantae? Reimu? Doom Slayer? Slime? Heck Freaking Geno? Anything can happen. Just don't expect Erdrick.

Remember everyone was saying Armor form pokemon were absoultely happening? This weeks direct shot down that for sure and absolute leak.
I dunno if I can fully agree with this. I'm still expecting Erdrick just as much as Banjo

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, I don't even know what you guys are talking about...

Anyway, I said it multiple times already and I am gonna say it again: Anything can happen!
Don't think anyone will be in or out, like it's a proven truth.
Whatever happens, happens.
Stay neutral!

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Pretty much what we are as of now with the information SO CLOSE to taste for.

Though it not like all are like that, but many can agree it is due time for one to appear officially.
Screenshot_20190608-121544_YouTube.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So basicly...

Until proven true or not by Sakurai or Nintendo.

I think it was Steve Mayles that posted that on Twitter and said "They're talking about their N64 and Gameboy Color days."

1. Why post it publicly in a support thread of all places, potentially ruining the mood for everybody?
To get peoples expectations in check so they won't be disappointed if she isn't revealed for the Season Pass.

2. Why are you still part of said support thread?
Because Shantae is one of my most wanted characters.

And why are you defensive?
Because I don't like others twisting the words I said.

Top Bottom