• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
To get peoples expectations in check so they won't be disappointed if she isn't revealed for the Season Pass.
And you think you can do that, by forcing your thoughts on everybody else?
Who are you to tell people what to think anyways?

It's not your place to police what people should feel or think?
We're all responsible for our own opinions and expectations, but not for the ones of others.
If people have expectations you deem unreasonable, that's their thing. Not yours!

Because I don't like others twisting the words I said.
I didn't twist any words.
I simply went by the way you worded your posts.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If people have expectations you deem unreasonable, that's their thing. Not yours!
Says the person that's questioning my expectations. I'm not forcing my opinion on anybody, I'm just letting people know to expect any outcome even if it's one we all don't want.

I didn't twist any words.
I simply went by the way you worded your posts.
Or is it just the way you imagine how I said it? Don't let your imagination throw out reality in place of what you want to see.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; trolling. Time to lay off the user already.
Says the person that's questioning my expectations. I'm not forcing my opinion on anybody, I'm just letting people know to expect any outcome even if it's one we all don't want.
As you yourself said to me...

To get peoples expectations in check so they won't be disappointed if she isn't revealed for the Season Pass.
Does this really sound like someone who accepts any outcome?

To me, it more sounds like someone who is already convinced she won't be in.
And now that someone tries to "mend the pain" of others.
But again, it's not your place to do so.

We're not little children that need babysitting.
And you're not our parent.

You said you accept any outcome.
And yet, you seem to be dead set on just one.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Can we not? If you guys see a need to continue, move it PMs. At this point it's just derailing the thread.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As you yourself said to me...

Does this really sound like someone who accepts any outcome?

To me, it more sounds like someone who is already convinced she won't be in.
And now that someone tries to "mend the pain" of others.
But again, it's not your place to do so.

You said you accept any outcome.
And yet, you seem to be dead set on just one.
LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now is the time to go ahead and loosen up. Better to follow the flow rather then to fight it once it starts.
Screenshot_20190526-210852_YouTube.jpg

Also, I'll leave two shantae artworks for tonight

Artist for both: JaysonBlade
cutie_invader_by_jaysonblade-dd8qwhj.jpg
half_genie_daze_rotty_by_jaysonblade-dd8ui5r.jpg

Edit: there is a tournament video live right now from Nintendo if you are interested

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So they didn't announce any smash news, other then there will be smash news at the Nintendo direct. I am curious if that means no double reveals, or still could get one.

Dukefire

Smash Master
So they didn't announce any smash news, other then there will be smash news at the Nintendo direct. I am curious if that means no double reveals, or still could get one.
Nintendo has 3 days at the event to announce stuff, so they could either do it all on one day or a obvious pick first and later a surprise.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Based on it, looks like there is only one character coming, not two.

Just what are you hiding Sakurai?
Screenshot_20190328-092436_YouTube.jpg

Also, I might that Shantae's spot will have to wait for now since Invitation #2 is being overly crowded with an abundance of fans on obvious picks.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
What the heck happened in here...?

Nvm. Anyway. No, I refuse to expect Shantae at this point. My last hope is Banjo-Kazooie, since everyone else got flipped the bird (no pun intended), or maybe they'll throw in some left-fielder down the road, like Goemon or Marina Liteyears.

Hah... that's a good one. I wish, though.

Unfortunately, I expect Stevedrick to destroy the DLC.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Nvm. Anyway. No, I refuse to expect Shantae at this point. My last hope is Banjo-Kazooie, since everyone else got flipped the bird (no pun intended), or maybe they'll throw in some left-fielder down the road, like Goemon or Marina Liteyears.

Uggh I hate to be a whiner here but Steve and Erdrick seem soooo boring. Erdrick less so but even as a person with very little knowledge on DQ as a whole I just think the Slime mascot and maybe Luminary wokr far better as DQ fighters in Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero

All the evidence is pointing to banjo tuesday. Maybe as a teaser for character 3, but I still think that could be wrong or leak bait.

Even then, we have 2 more characters. Shantae is still in the running. Its funny not a single person has leaked or found hints at how it could be so anyone is game guys

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Lol everyone assumes only 1 character reveal now after what Sakurai said. but they dont remember the Japanese dont really have plurals in their language and the translation may reflect that.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
How do you think everyone would react, if Banjo AND Erdrick both DIDNT get revealed at the Direct, and we ended up just getting completely different reveals.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
How do you think everyone would react, if Banjo AND Erdrick both DIDNT get revealed at the Direct, and we ended up just getting completely different reveals.
I'd be sad about Banjo. But I'd also be happy that the leaks were wrong. I don't know Erdrick, so I can't say either way about him.

Although if we're looking at the public: I think there will be a salt storm of sorts. Lots of people probably emotionally charged for or against leaks clashing at the end for a while. We'd certainly get a lot of salt in the more... notorious places like 4chan of GameFaqs that hold leaks pretty close. We'd get some rage debates over characters as DLC for sure--probably a falling out on the threads that support Banjo and Erdrick (we'd likely see something similar across the internet). The floodgates would also be opened in speculation and old threads would probably get dusted off to discuss characters previously disregarded due to "fan rules", etcetera (ESPECIALLY if the new character(s) was a spirit before reveal).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Its Shantae and then the internet explodes. "Almost no leaks" "spirit already" "**** waifubait, no good games" "Shovel Knight/Quote/Commander Video/Sans are better indies" "no westerns" ALL of those would get BTFO.

and I'd LOVE it.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Its Shantae and then the internet explodes. "Almost no leaks" "spirit already" "**** waifubait, no good games" "Shovel Knight/Quote/Commander Video/Sans are better indies" "no westerns" ALL of those would get BTFO.

and I'd LOVE it.
If that were to happen, I think an appropriate song for the state of those vocal parts of the internet would be:

Because chaos.

Also Sakurai = Jevil in that case.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master

and I'd LOVE it.
Some Fan rules will be destroyed if that happens.

Also, whatever happens regardless of the preparations and alternatives, its almost impossible to avoid the salt storm

Screenshot_20190607-100308_YouTube.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If that were to happen, I think an appropriate song for the state of those vocal parts of the internet would be:

Because chaos.

Also Sakurai = Jevil in that case.
"Shantae dances to this song all the while dodging ALL of Galeem's beams."

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I think most people would stick to their guns. Those who didn't believe those characters were would say "See, they never had a chance"

While those who did believe those characters were in would say "They are still in, but Sakurai heard about the leaks and moved another character ahead of them to send off off the scent"

Personally I think we will definitely get one reveal and shadow release and that characters trailer might end with a hint, or reveal of the next character in the pass with an announcement that they are in development.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think most people would stick to their guns. Those who didn't believe those characters were would say "See, they never had a chance"

While those who did believe those characters were in would say "They are still in, but Sakurai heard about the leaks and moved another character ahead of them to send off off the scent"

Personally I think we will definitely get one reveal and shadow release and that characters trailer might end with a hint, or reveal of the next character in the pass with an announcement that they are in development.
As long as its not another 6 month wait

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, anyone else hoping for Battletoads details later today?

As long as its not another 6 month wait
Yeah, I'm honestly concerned about that. It's not really a time to pussyfoot around with one character at a time, since they got a deadline of February to reveal all the pass' characters.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So, anyone else hoping for Battletoads details later today?

Yeah, I'm honestly concerned about that. It's not really a time to pussyfoot around with one character at a time, since they got a deadline of February to reveal all the pass' characters.
They could still release it all by February if hey did this:
Announce 2ND in June, announce 3Rd in August, announce 4th in October, and announce 5th in December and they all get added in 2 months after their reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Shantae 5 is far along enough in development to show at E3.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wayforward has been busy, so it stands to reason that we might not get much from them for a while since NOW they have two projects. We will have Bloodstained soon later this month.

Top Bottom