• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And why do they leak in the first place, when we could just wait a little longer for official word?

And yes, most leaks are fake.
it's pretty much impossible to tell what is fake and what isn't.

Remember the Grinch Leak?
Yeah, that went very well...<sarcasm>

They leak probably because of what EarlTamm said, or because a lot of people like knowing things earlier than they should and these people like sharing stuff earlier than they should.

The Grinch "Leak" and stuff from 4chan, however - while there are some actual leaks from there - are usually random and fake, but the Banjo thing and other stuff are from identifiable individuals with a proven track record.

As I said, though, you don't have to listen, it's just other people like to.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, leaks have been a major factor in the speculation of characters, especially for Ultimate. Kinda hard to change at this point.
You don't need these to speculate and place your bets for characters.

Again, what do people hope to achieve by "leaking"?

They leak probably because of what EarlTamm said, or because a lot of people like knowing things earlier than they should and these people like sharing stuff earlier than they should.

The Grinch "Leak" and stuff from 4chan, however - while there are some actual leaks from there - are usually random and fake, but the Banjo thing and other stuff are from identifiable individuals with a proven track record.

As I said, though, you don't have to listen, it's just other people like to.
So basicly, people are just impatient and are incapable of waiting for official news.
So they'd rather listen to random people and believe in blurry images, that tell them exactly what they want to hear.

Yeah, confirmation bias...
it's pathetic really...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You don't need these to speculate and place your bets for characters.

Again, what do people hope to achieve by "leaking"?
It's info people want and they are in a position to share what they know. That's the baseline for all leaking.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So basicly, people are just impatient and are incapable of waiting for official news.
So they'd rather listen to random people and believe in blurry images, that tell them exactly what they want to hear.

Yeah, confirmation bias...
it's pathetic really...
Not everyone who listens treats this stuff as 100% gonna happen, but they take it as something to consider, especially from people who have actually leaked things before and aren't just posting photoshopped images on 4chan (though some of those blurry images are real, of course).

There's a difference between actual leaks + leakers, and 4chan trolls.

zferolie

Smash Hero
And why should we take his word over any other opinionated *******, who call themselves a "leaker"?

Seriously, can we just stop with the "leaks" already.
The only thing consistent about these, is the so called "leakers" being detestable scumbags.
Another thing to add is he as an admin for resetera, and they permaban for fake leaks. This guy is a major figure from the site so what does he gain from risking that for a fake leak?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not everyone who listens treats this stuff as 100% gonna happen, but they take it as something to consider, especially from people who have actually leaked things before and aren't just posting photoshopped images on 4chan (though some of those blurry images are real, of course).

And the guy who is leaking this time has leaked full blown screenshots of games pre showcase.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
It's info people want and they are in a position to share what they know. That's the baseline for all leaking.
Oh yeah, just like all the other so-called "Leakers", who posted nothing but legit info.
Oh wait...<<

Seriously, if people can't wait, that's their own problem.

Not everyone who listens treats this stuff as 100% gonna happen, but they take it as something to consider
But that's just speculation, then...

especially from people who have actually leaked things before and aren't just posting photoshopped images on 4chan (though some of those blurry images are real, of course).

And if you ask me, they all have no reason to exist...

Another thing to add is he as an admin for resetera, and they permaban for fake leaks. This guy is a major figure from the site so what does he gain from risking that for a fake leak?
And what does he gain from risking people's jobs?
Leaking classified info to outsiders can get you fired you know...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, just like all the other so-called "Leakers", who posted nothing but legit info.
Oh wait...<<

Seriously, if people can't wait, that's their own problem.

But that's just speculation, then...

And if you ask me, they all have no reason to exist...

And what does he gain from risking people's jobs?
Leaking classified info to outsiders can get you fired you know...
People who manufacture fake info are not true leakers. They are trolls.

And people giving info to outsiders is there own situation to deal with, not the leakers. Like leakers, they made that choice to give info.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
All in all, I find the whole premise of leaking to be very dubious.
Regardless of whether or not it's fake.

"Oh yeah, we're working for Nintendo. A company known for harshly protecting its secrecy. We know what characters are going to be in Smash right now. So what do we do? Tell it to that random stranger, that we don't know at all."
That scenario alone is very fishy and doesn't ring true at all.

And then there's the fact, that "leakers" also play part in risking those people's jobs.
Instead of keeping it for themselves, they make the info public, which Nintendo is sure to catch up on eventually.

Ultimately, there's nothing to gain. Only to lose.
The sources are risking their jobs, for reasons I do not wish to understand...

And "leakers" are just there for the attention and 15 minute fame.
When we could all just wait a little longer, for Big N to tell us the same thing.

Knowing things a few days in advance, is ultimately pointless.
You'd have known the things regardless.

But I guess patience is no longer a virtue in this day and age...

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Whatever the case, leaks will happen, be they legitimate or fake, and people will continue to consider and talk about them as part of speculation. Little point in complaining about them at this point imo. For better or worse, they've always been a part of this and they always will be.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
The only thing we can say about "leakers" is to take what they say with a truckload of salt.

We are a week away from finding out anyway(and 13 hours till we hopefully see the Sword and Shield Legendary Wolf Pokémon).

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I can see Shantae if she is in the Pass being revealed in the Fall.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Why is that? I wonder? I'm back for a bit, trying to gauge things as they stand with E3 before us.
I just feel like you have E3 for the BIG heavy hitter reveals. Shantae doesnt feel like FINAL 5th character for Fighter Pass, so I see as 4th or 3nd or 4rd reveal. if she doesnt get revealed by 4th reveal I personally will be backing out of hoping but hey crazier **** has happened, so even still she could end up being a final reveal IF she is in the Fighter Pass.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People leak to get others excited.

Leakers(not insiders) actually leak stuff they think is real. They aren't lying whatsoever. It's the insiders that often are, but not the actual leaker who gives us the information. Verge never lies. He can still believe wrong information.

No way the Admin is actually lying. It doesn't mean he was told the truth. Those are two different things.

Leakers who intentionally lie come in two categories; they aren't actually leakers and just trolls, or they're people who put in a few small things to gain attention along with telling the truth. The latter still believe they have real information regardless. Verge, for instance, believed a lot of things that weren't true. He only said stuff because he honestly believed in it and doesn't lie to people. He definitely backpedals and makes excuses, but that has nothing to do with his honesty, which couldn't be more topnotch.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
My issue with verge and all the "Leakers" is they position themselves (intentionally or not) to shift blame when they are wrong.

But I also take issue with this community believing "leaks" because it's what they want rather then what evidence says.

You guys remember the vitriol and drama that Box theory caused? That turned out to be correct.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not sure 8f this shantae birthday art was shown. There was a lot and i am bound to have missed some

A lot of art seems to be missing the memo that Shantae's breasts are actually fairly small. Maybe this one specifically just wanted to a classic ''my eyes are up here'' joke, but I feel the smaller breasts make Shantae more distinct and help emphasize her real special trait, the hips.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
A lot of art seems to be missing the memo that Shantae's breasts are actually fairly small. Maybe this one specifically just wanted to a classic ''my eyes are up here'' joke, but I feel the smaller breasts make Shantae more distinct and help emphasize her real special trait, the hips.
I'd say this piece in particular, while possibly still a tad larger, is still pretty close. It also depends on the art style really. They seem a bit larger in portrait art for PC and HGH, but smaller on her actual sprite in HGH and the art for the og* and RR. Plus the angles in this art don't give a good full body view to see the bust to hip size difference. And again, the angle on the second one is from from slightly above which is going to place more emphasis on the cleavage as it places them directly under view. Overall I wouldn't say they're small either, not big either, but somewhere in between.

This is also not the conversation I thought I'd be having right now (don't mean that in a bad way, just found it a little funny), but it is Shantae related so I guess it fits better than the other stuff that was being discussed earlier.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, small compared to basically every other female character in the series with a few exceptions. I do agree that her hips are her best trait.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
From what I've seen of this "leak," he didn't directly say Banjo-Kazooie was coming to Smash. Here's the thing: if it happens, everyone will say he leaked it. If it doesn't, he can say it was never meant to be a leak and get off scot-free. That's why I'm not going to believe this. People keep talking about how he's risking his account and whatever, but he really isn't because he carefully worded it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
From what I've seen of this "leak," he didn't directly say Banjo-Kazooie was coming to Smash. Here's the thing: if it happens, everyone will say he leaked it. If it doesn't, he can say it was never meant to be a leak and get off scot-free. That's why I'm not going to believe this. People keep talking about how he's risking his account and whatever, but he really isn't because he carefully worded it.
You see, that would work if the same thing didn't happen last year as well on resetera for Ridley, with the same exact wording. The fact that he has not given a response is also a major tell he knows what he is doing.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'm not fully on board either, but I'm more willing to give Shinobi the benefit of the doubt than I would be for Verge or someone else who I wouldn't believe at all. There's a good track record there in terms of what he's presented in the past, and there's no track record for messing with people just to troll.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
You see, that would work if the same thing didn't happen last year as well on resetera for Ridley, with the same exact wording. The fact that he has not given a response is also a major tell he knows what he is doing.
I'm sure he did. Maybe he really knew, maybe he got lucky. I know people have compiled all the times he was right, but has anyone researched the times he wasn't right? Given how he words stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if people glossed over that.

However, as we're only a week away from E3, it wouldn't be surprising for stuff to start leaking out. Still not on board, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm sure he did. Maybe he really knew, maybe he got lucky. I know people have compiled all the times he was right, but has anyone researched the times he wasn't right? Given how he words stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if people glossed over that.

However, as we're only a week away from E3, it wouldn't be surprising for stuff to start leaking out. Still not on board, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing.
That would be interesting to look into, but I don't think it would be that much considering he is a mod on a site that bans people for fake leaks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

From what people are saying, his record is spotless.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We will see soon.......

Of course all fans currently are getting close to panic mode to guess what will happen and who will show up.
20190531_210911.jpg

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
For the time being I don't care about leaks because i only have to wait a day for the news I care most about.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_finish_two_castlevania_episodes_with_konami
As difficult as it is to trust Konami right now, it is true that they didn't burn bridges with Iga. The prospect of the Battle of 1999 finally being covered is something I've wanted to see for a long time. As such, it's brazen to see Iga consider this now, given how Bloodstained could be seen as a "competitor" to Castlvevania.

We will see soon.......

Of course all fans currently are getting close to panic mode to guess what will happen and who will show up.
View attachment 225937
Also, don't forget that the forum's code is most likely going to do this again from the sudden traffic increase:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
People leak to get others excited.
Official news will also do that. Much more than any text for sure.
Why do the job for them?

Leakers(not insiders) actually leak stuff they think is real. They aren't lying whatsoever. It's the insiders that often are, but not the actual leaker who gives us the information. Verge never lies. He can still believe wrong information.

No way the Admin is actually lying. It doesn't mean he was told the truth. Those are two different things.

Leakers who intentionally lie come in two categories; they aren't actually leakers and just trolls, or they're people who put in a few small things to gain attention along with telling the truth. The latter still believe they have real information regardless. Verge, for instance, believed a lot of things that weren't true. He only said stuff because he honestly believed in it and doesn't lie to people. He definitely backpedals and makes excuses, but that has nothing to do with his honesty, which couldn't be more topnotch.
Except it's become somewhat difficult to differentiate between the two.
Who is telling the truth and who doesn't? What was an honest mistake and what was an outright act of deception?

"Leakers" (anyone who call themselves that anyways) are a dime a dozon.
So it's kinda difficult to seperate the good from the bad ones.

And even then, I'm against leaking in general.

People have gotten way too impatient these days.
They gotta learn to wait patiently for the stuff to come, when the time is right.

My issue with verge and all the "Leakers" is they position themselves (intentionally or not) to shift blame when they are wrong.

But I also take issue with this community believing "leaks" because it's what they want rather then what evidence says.

You guys remember the vitriol and drama that Box theory caused? That turned out to be correct.
Good point.

And on the other side of the spectrum, we had the Grinch Leak.
It told people exactly what they wanted to hear and whoever did this, put a lot of effort into it, to make it look as legitimate as possible.
But alas, it was all a lie...

The only thing we can say about "leakers" is to take what they say with a truckload of salt.
I can agree with that. ;)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, by the way, it seems that WayForward decided to do a post featuring a certain sports gal of theirs.

In some ways, her game was a predecessor to the Shantae series. It'd be neat if they did a remake of Xtreme Sports at some point.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Oh yeah, by the way, it seems that WayForward decided to do a post featuring a certain sports gal of theirs.

In some ways, her game was a predecessor to the Shantae series. It'd be neat if they did a remake of Xtreme Sports at some point.
Never heard of that series. Its my first time seeing it.

Edit: Also, there is a Pokemon Direct happening today. Here is the video that will start depending on your time zone.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Its cool they keep their past characters in their minds.

Never heard of that series. Its my first time seeing it.

Edit: Also, there is a Pokemon Direct happening today. Here is the video that will start depending on your time zone.
Beat me to linking that man.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So a leaker who had been dubbed the VR Plant (for taking about be in smash and fire plant in tennis before either were known)

Had done it again, predicting many things that would later be proven true during today's Pokemon direct (including raid battles from go making it into sword and shield which I don't anyone would have predicted)

I dunt know if they had days anything about the fighter pass, but if they do is say it's with listening to.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So a leaker who had been dubbed the VR Plant (for taking about be in smash and fire plant in tennis before either were known)

Had done it again, predicting many things that would later be proven true during today's Pokemon direct (including raid battles from go making it into sword and shield which I don't anyone would have predicted)

I dunt know if they had days anything about the fighter pass, but if they do is say it's with listening to.
VR Plant has said they know nothing of Smash so far.

Top Bottom