• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm all for rpgs, so definitely would be awesome. Would easily make sense to have the whole crew as a party traveling together. Maybe a few extra characters to add something too, either from the series already or made for the game specifically, like geno i mean. :)

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
This place became like Tassle Town, a desert ( but with less monsters haha )

EDIT : Anyway, are you guys still hopeful to see Shantae make it in as a DLC fighter ? :)

Last edited:

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice

EDIT : Anyway, are you guys still hopeful to see Shantae make it in as a DLC fighter ? :)
I mean, of course! With us past the Holidays and Smash being out for over a month, it's just a lot of slow news days. People are expecting a Direct soon to bring the hype back up again. Until more info comes out I think we can expect things to slow down to a halt more often than not.

Also I changed my desktop wallpaper to Shantae and friends in kimonos for the new year! I couldn't resist the artwork.

Dukefire

Smash Master
sure, just that not a lot of news have been appearing other then more talk about the rumors of DLC and direct for the month

Besides, we already know who is the first fighter coming to Smash as DLC (also, not part of the DLC fighter pass in case some still didn't get the memo.)
super-smash-bros-piranha-plant-amiibo-1153393.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

sure, just that not a lot of news have been appearing other then more talk about the rumors of DLC and direct for the month

Besides, we already know who is the first fighter coming to Smash as DLC (also, not part of the DLC fighter pass in case some still didn't get the memo.)
View attachment 186963
THIS PLEASES THE PLANT!

But the plant must go to sleep
A83042CF-88AF-4C82-8FFE-96B77EF9484F.gif

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling super positive about Shantae's chances, even after all the recent events, and foreseeing a future soon-to-be announced new entry in our beloved Shantae series !
Smash bros is amazing but just lacks a half genie to be 100% ultimate for me :) At least when I lose online, I'm glad to know that at leatst one more person will have one more Shantae "representative" in his list of beaten players, thus building up her impact in everyone's minds ! Keep loosing everyone ! xD ( well I don't lose that often with my kickass Daisy :grin: )

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

Of course. So many fan favorite characters are spirits, her being one just proves that she is indeed a gaming icon. If theres a another pass that focuses on making spirits fighters, shed defiantly get in. and if not, I still have hope for her.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling super positive about Shantae's chances, even after all the recent events, and foreseeing a future soon-to-be announced new entry in our beloved Shantae series !
Smash bros is amazing but just lacks a half genie to be 100% ultimate for me :) At least when I lose online, I'm glad to know that at leatst one more person will have one more Shantae "representative" in his list of beaten players, thus building up her impact in everyone's minds ! Keep loosing everyone ! xD ( well I don't lose that often with my kickass Daisy :grin: )
my Zelda and King K Rool can fix that.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Some guy posted otters on Twitter, which according to some people hints at a Direct coming later this week.

No idea how accurate this is, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Getting tired of Unlimited Korean Bot Works.
best to act oblivious when it comes down to leaks in order to avoid a salt wave

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Of course. So many fan favorite characters are spirits, her being one just proves that she is indeed a gaming icon. If theres a another pass that focuses on making spirits fighters, shed defiantly get in. and if not, I still have hope for her.
If there are themed fighter passes, it'll either be that, or Super Bash Sisters (all females).

Edit: And it's true, honestly any character or franchise made or published by Nintendo (Culdcept and Ever Oasis are notable examples of the latter) can be a spirit regardless of popularity; it takes something special for a non-fighter represented third party to get this kind of treatment.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I came across something saying Jan29th, but untill we get official confirmation and the leak ive seen isnt just pure BS I wont say anything about it.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I came across something saying Jan29th, but untill we get official confirmation and the leak ive seen isnt just pure BS I wont say anything about it.
Considering all the rumblings of SNES games in the NES Online app, I'd think they would have a Direct planned for sooner than that (or at least i hope so because i want some news)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Considering all the rumblings of SNES games in the NES Online app, I'd think they would have a Direct planned for sooner than that (or at least i hope so because i want some news)
oh yeah sorry it was 24th, I confused myself on another thing unrelated.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
If we don't get a direct announcement in the coming days, then I doubt we're getting one in January. That's how I feel, hope I'm wrong though!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So, I just beat Classic at 9.9 (Not bragging, I'm terrible at Smash but this time around it's not that hard) So It made me wonder how everyone else is doing this time around?

I currently have all spirits aside from the Partner Pikachu spirit and 34 Fighter spirits and 33 challenges left to complete (Adventure, Spirit Board, Spirits, Classic and Other all completed. Online completely empty as i haven't bought the online service yet, the rest some of the Specific Smash challenges and three from Games and More.

For anyone having trouble on the 9.9 challenge there are a few characters that make it pretty simple. For me, I used Ganondorf. Just be super aggressive to end each fight as soon as possible (Forward Special leading into a side up up smash does wonders) Ending the battles quickly will get your score up really high right away. As long as you can reach 9.9 before the final battle things are a cake walk. If you aren't at 9.9 by the final boss, losing and using a ticket won't let you get to 9.9, but if you are already there, then you can lose to the boss and ticket as many times as you want and still max out by the end.

So much easier than Master Fortress on Wii U. This might be the first Smash i fully complete (If I went back to Melee I might be able to finally get that Mew Trophy that used to mock me back on the day)

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
So, I just beat Classic at 9.9 (Not bragging, I'm terrible at Smash but this time around it's not that hard) So It made me wonder how everyone else is doing this time around?

I currently have all spirits aside from the Partner Pikachu spirit and 34 Fighter spirits and 33 challenges left to complete (Adventure, Spirit Board, Spirits, Classic and Other all completed. Online completely empty as i haven't bought the online service yet, the rest some of the Specific Smash challenges and three from Games and More.

For anyone having trouble on the 9.9 challenge there are a few characters that make it pretty simple. For me, I used Ganondorf. Just be super aggressive to end each fight as soon as possible (Forward Special leading into a side up up smash does wonders) Ending the battles quickly will get your score up really high right away. As long as you can reach 9.9 before the final battle things are a cake walk. If you aren't at 9.9 by the final boss, losing and using a ticket won't let you get to 9.9, but if you are already there, then you can lose to the boss and ticket as many times as you want and still max out by the end.

So much easier than Master Fortress on Wii U. This might be the first Smash i fully complete (If I went back to Melee I might be able to finally get that Mew Trophy that used to mock me back on the day)
Congrats!

I've completed all the challenges, 100% World of Light and I'm missing ONE spirit, being the Partner Eevee.
Have to say, no real reward or prompt for completing all challenges, but hey ho, it's the first time I've bothered to do it in a Smash game so I'll pat myself on the back :)

I managed 9.9 pretty easily with Mega Man and Lucina - the only point where I struggle is with Master and Crazy Hand, since I always fall for some cheese. If you're fighting a regular character as the final boss, it really isn't hard to do.

As for the partner spirits, I heard somewhere that they will be released to everyone at a later date?
I hope soon, because that 1 empty slot is fueling my anxiety

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The Classic Mode in Ultimate is so much easier than the Classic Mode in Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. The CPU is less aggressive in Classic Mode than they are in VS Mode and Spirits Mode. I've beaten Classic Mode with every character over 9.0 and have beaten it over 9.9 with several characters. I've beaten Spirits Mode 100% percent and have over 1,060 spirits as of right now.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Congrats!

I've completed all the challenges, 100% World of Light and I'm missing ONE spirit, being the Partner Eevee.
Have to say, no real reward or prompt for completing all challenges, but hey ho, it's the first time I've bothered to do it in a Smash game so I'll pat myself on the back :)

I managed 9.9 pretty easily with Mega Man and Lucina - the only point where I struggle is with Master and Crazy Hand, since I always fall for some cheese. If you're fighting a regular character as the final boss, it really isn't hard to do.

As for the partner spirits, I heard somewhere that they will be released to everyone at a later date?
I hope soon, because that 1 empty slot is fueling my anxiety
I am literally in the same boat as you are. Its kinda eerie actually,

And they did say in a later spirit event the partner spirits would be available to everyone

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I didn’t say I was good at being a monster. I’m a monster no one is afraid of. I’m like Mike Wazowski.

I do appreciate you noticing my avatar, Penny is precious.
I love Penny! The WarioWare games have so many good characters. I do like Ashley just a little more than Penny, but just slightly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What's this, the shantae gang is around :O
:)

I didn't think there'd be a direct tomorow anyway, but I still think there could be one near the end of the month or early feb. I think nintendo would want to show a bit of piranha plant before they release it (could be wrong). And then maybe just maybe also show the next dlc one :)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love Penny! The WarioWare games have so many good characters. I do like Ashley just a little more than Penny, but just slightly.
It makes me wish we could see a WarioWare original character as a fighter in Smash.

Ahh! How terrifying...!
He’ll steal your heart if you’re not careful!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It makes me wish we could see a WarioWare original character as a fighter in Smash.

He’ll steal your heart if you’re not careful!
Been rooting for mona or kat&ana for quite a while. Warioware really should have someone :/
Ashley would be fine too i guess :p (In that, she'd be the best choice, for popularity)
I dont know penny much, i havent played the last games, but I love the design :)

It feels kind of strange, really.
Yeah maybe kinda. Or just a pleasant random momentary quasi-reunion ;p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s nice to see you guys here again.

Wait, so that's Morgana?!
Well, he’ll steal your heart in a different way.

Been rooting for mona or kat&ana for quite a while. Warioware really should have someone :/
Ashley would be fine too i guess :p (In that, she'd be the best choice, for popularity)
I dont know penny much, i havent played the last games, but I love the design :)
Yeah if we’re not getting Ashley I think Mona, Kat & Ana or 9-Volt would be the best options. Penny first appeared in Smooth Moves, she’s Dr. Crygor’s granddaughter so she’s also a genius but also dreams of being a pop star.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's a good attitude to have. While it's doubtful whether spirit promotions will happen with this pass, what you suggest could be a likely possibility.

Yeah. I would at the very least want Mona. Just wish there wasn't so much focus on supporting Ashley, though I think her returning as an AT finally provided a splash of cold water in the face in regards to that.

If we don't get a direct announcement in the coming days, then I doubt we're getting one in January. That's how I feel, hope I'm wrong though!
Same. The last thing we need is the otter man to be wrong for the first time in his life.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It’s nice to see you guys here again.

Well, he’ll steal your heart in a different way.

Yeah if we’re not getting Ashley I think Mona, Kat & Ana or 9-Volt would be the best options. Penny first appeared in Smooth Moves, she’s Dr. Crygor’s granddaughter so she’s also a genius but also dreams of being a pop star.
Well.. genius girls are cool. It's weird that I dont remember her, I played smooth moves.

I dont know how much warioware has a chance for dlc, since they said it'd be characters new to the series, but wario may not count since he's got his own thing going too.

I really dont think spirits even count as fighter replacements, so I think all we need is just another wave of dlc after this one. Altho, anything's possible for this one too. I'm just not counting on it.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well.. genius girls are cool. It's weird that I dont remember her, I played smooth moves.

I dont know how much warioware has a chance for dlc, since they said it'd be characters new to the series, but wario may not count since he's got his own thing going too.

I really dont think spirits even count as fighter replacements, so I think all we need is just another wave of dlc after this one. Altho, anything's possible for this one too. I'm just not counting on it.
What a nice avatar you have there. It's a rather bold choice. Brave, even.

Top Bottom