• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeaahh... Well, thinking about it, maybe i can imagine a sitcom. it'd be cheezy and awkward.

LaBeteNoire LaBeteNoire that was quite a ferocious joke. I might be roaring with laugher it I wasnt so subdued by your avatar.

uhm.. yeah, cyas later ;)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What's this, the shantae gang is around :O
:)

I didn't think there'd be a direct tomorow anyway, but I still think there could be one near the end of the month or early feb. I think nintendo would want to show a bit of piranha plant before they release it (could be wrong). And then maybe just maybe also show the next dlc one :)
Well, they already did show us a bit of Piranha Plant. He doesn't need anything more than a concrete release date at this point. Right now it's Joker who's waiting for his reveal spotlight.

D

Deleted member

I just posted this in the general thread lol
View attachment 187146
“Now now listen here @SonicSmasher1 do you see that syrup lady anywhere as of now? NO because she’s not around anymore because she’s broke after spending all dat money in the last warioland game and can’t afford to get in any warioware games and 3 games you say? I’ve been in four and my recent one, risky boots half pirate hero just ended it’s kickstarter 4 months ago I’m still around and everyone knows me I’m gonna be the pirate rep for smash ultimate altho I already have a spirit in this game but they can use my pirates curse design and BOOM I’m in! now if you excuse me I’m gonna have a word with this :ultdaisy: person. Ta ta!”

View attachment 187148
“Now Wademan94 Wademan94 here’s where you wanna rethink what you said
After smash released wayforward and my creator Matt bozon said this
And here’s the catch the said shantae just shantae. the villain in my game series, risky boots and that means she’s not gonna be a fighter she’ll be a spirit for the rest of her life but what about me? Why haven’t they mentioned about me? Because that’s kinda fishy right there and this could mean that i risky boots savior of sequin land will become a dlc character for the ssbu fighters pass just me!!! No goku no blocky roblox guy no master chief echo and not even that ninja who’s name is actually from a street fighter character.:ultryu: And as I said on top they can use my pirates curse design. If you were wanting that half genie brat then too bad because you’re getting me instead! Bye now.”

“Oh and btw that’s not Connor that’s actually my echo fighter PLANTY BOOTS!!!”
View attachment 187152

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm both ashamed and amazed by you at the same time. congrats.

Well, they already did show us a bit of Piranha Plant. He doesn't need anything more than a concrete release date at this point. Right now it's Joker who's waiting for his reveal spotlight.
Lots of people want gameplay of both. that's all :)

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Been finally sitting down to play World of Light, and I have to say... it's weird how I seem to do pretty well on high power fights, but when it comes to some random low power one I have to retry a few times. A few of em have just a bunch of fighters spamming the same move over and over. Dunno why but those one's get me a lot more than they should.

In other random news, had a weird dream with Rottytops and RE zombies. Guess I'm just excited for Resident Evil 2 remake coming out soon.
Or I have a thing for zombies. Who knows?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...sh-bros-ultimate-creating-entertainment-more/

I intend to do as much as I can with this Smash Bros – the source of all this endurance being me seeing how amazing other games are! In order for the development scene in Japan to compete with the rest of the world, doing a little just isn’t enough. We’re pushing ourselves to the limit here. In terms of both teams and creative manpower, competition is inevitable, isn’t it? The games I mentioned earlier in the column took a lot to make, and they’re actually fun – I can really appreciate that.
So there you have it, we might get more DLC after the fighter pass, especially if he paid attention to what DB Fighter Z has been doing.

That's pretty brazen there, given how fickle they can get. Though I do appreciate taking a leak on the spirit theory.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Hello once again fellow Shantae fans. So I hear Sakurai's taking interest in how other fighting games do their things(DLC way of course).

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

Dukefire

Smash Master
While we are still waiting for more news from Nintendo and Sakurai on a Direct. Here is something to chew on for the meantime.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Evening peeps. How have you all been?
We had a rich discussion on the possibilities of a Shantae RPG, both standalone and as a crossover. Because all the characters in the series are legitamately great and have loads of potential in interactions with the Nintendo cast thanks to the series's classic inspirations... another reason to keep hoping for Smash.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Evening peeps. How have you all been?
Oh we’ve been good Nothing important

Except the brave character might not be erdrick at all
And it seems mashpotato samurai will give Ultimate his all, which might lead to some post-pass characters.

or sora. It might be someone else completly that not a lot of people are expecting to appear.
It's been even half-joked that it could be Arthur (yes, that one).

Dukefire

Smash Master
And it seems mashpotato samurai will give Ultimate his all, which might lead to some post-pass characters.

It's been even half-joked that it could be Arthur (yes, that one).
the one from Dungeon and Dragons or from the sun game? (I forgot the title of the game.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Dukefire

Smash Master
Too tall.

Well, I guess it was my mistake in assuming everyone here would remember the specific one I was talking about. :ohwell:

And, reminder that both Shantae and Arthur had games on the GBC.
oh yeah, that game was hard as hell if you didn't know all of the enemy placements and getting the most important weapon for most of the game:
1. Get the Knife
2. Get the Knife
3. GET THE KNIFE!!!!!!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Really? Knife was the best weapon to get? Huh... No wonder I sucked in Super Ghost n Goblins.
The Knife is the fastest weapon to use and can fire faster then the lance. while it lacks some power, it makes up with speed and usage against multiple enemies. Though you do need the shield in the classic game to finish off the final boss.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Really? Knife was the best weapon to get? Huh... No wonder I sucked in Super Ghost n Goblins.
We're talking about the original on NES, where the knife was strictly superior to the starting lance; it's not quite so cut and dry in Super Ghouls N' Ghosts. There, the knife is still a very good weapon for it's rate of fire (which is maintained through the first armor upgrade unlike most), but the magic gained from the golden armor is a little awkward. Other good choices are the lance (solid all-rounder with a fast and versatile magic attack), the bow (by far the best weapon to deal with Red Arremers and other aerial threats, but can be finicky when upgraded and magic is non-offensive) and the scythe (slow rate of fire, but good damage and can be aimed down slopes. Best of all, it's tornado magic is devastating).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Too tall.
Now that you mentioned it this character is a bit shorter than :ultmario: and it’s unlikley to be a swordsman because it’s a zoner character and there’s only one character that I think of that has that size...
F3EDCB3A-760D-4DEC-9F14-F2329AC7B1FD.png

And it seams to be floaty

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Too tall.

Well, I guess it was my mistake in assuming everyone here would remember the specific one I was talking about. :ohwell:

And, reminder that both Shantae and Arthur had games on the GBC.
I knew you were talking about Ghosts n’ Goblins Arthur, I was just doing it for the joke.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
oh yeah, that game was hard as hell if you didn't know all of the enemy placements and getting the most important weapon for most of the game:
1. Get the Knife
2. Get the Knife
3. GET THE KNIFE!!!!!!
Ah, a man of taste, I see.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
If it was actually Arthur though, that'd be genuinely hype imo. I think Arthur would fit in perfectly, and GnG is a classic series. Some might complain that it's more Capcom, but tbh, after Nintendo they probably have the biggest library of iconic games/characters.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I would personally like Firebrand more than Arthur, but i suppose Ridley makes him a little redundant.

Tho a red Ridley as the second to last fight and Dracula for the boss would make sense for Arthur's classic mode.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If it was actually Arthur though, that'd be genuinely hype imo. I think Arthur would fit in perfectly, and GnG is a classic series. Some might complain that it's more Capcom, but tbh, after Nintendo they probably have the biggest library of iconic games/characters.
It helps that his series formula has been kept alive by Cursed Castilla and Battle Princess Madelyn. Plus Smash is pretty much the only way to have a Nintendo Vs. Capcom until further notice, as it stands.

I would personally like Firebrand more than Arthur, but i suppose Ridley makes him a little redundant.

Tho a red Ridley as the second to last fight and Dracula for the boss would make sense for Arthur's classic mode.
And he's technically a villain. That'd be like if you had M. Bison get in before :ultryu:.

Crossbow's also pretty good in that game, it comes in handy for covering dead angles.

Dukefire

Smash Master
People are going crazy for this scene from Travis Touchdown's latest game. Thinking this is a hint towards a certain game everyone loves. Do you think its true?

D

Deleted member

People are going crazy for this scene from Travis Touchdown's latest game. Thinking this is a hint towards a certain game everyone loves. Do you think its true?

It's most likely nothing at all

Top Bottom