• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I mean, maybe? I'm not too familiar with the comics. Though with that design, it also brings to mind the possibility of going the Tron Bonne route. And now I'm reminded that I also want Tron Bonne to come back. MvC, Smash, a new Legends or Misadventures. I'd gladly take any of those.
I don't know the full scope of it's moveset, but it does have laser guns stored somewhere, the classic wrecking ball which fits Sakurai's tendency of implementing aspects of characters in novel ways, and the Sonic bumper symbol on a shield.

While it and other similar mechs like the Egg Emperor are quite large normally, it mainly seems to be so that his Egg Mobile can fit neatly inside (and of course detach easily for an escape). The Sonic Adventure 2 mech, however is just a little over twice the size of Sonic & friends. Something like that or a mech that's more like a suit of armour could work without drastic resizing (at most he'd be as tall as Ridley in his normal stance), even if it'd be a bit uncharacteristic of him to not have the usual Plan B of an Egg Mobile escape incorporated.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I don't know the full scope of it's moveset, but it does have laser guns stored somewhere, the classic wrecking ball which fits Sakurai's tendency of implementing aspects of characters in novel ways, and the Sonic bumper symbol on a shield.

While it and other similar mechs like the Egg Emperor are quite large normally, it mainly seems to be so that his Egg Mobile can fit neatly inside (and of course detach easily for an escape). The Sonic Adventure 2 mech, however is just a little over twice the size of Sonic & friends. Something like that or a mech that's more like a suit of armour could work without drastic resizing (at most he'd be as tall as Ridley in his normal stance), even if it'd be a bit uncharacteristic of him to not have the usual Plan B of an Egg Mobile escape incorporated.
he could randomly summon another mech his egg mobile can attach to fight and of course his final smash could trap his opponents to face his latest creation yet,

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
If this brave slot turns out to be from DQ, then what Reggie mentioned will feel like mostly PR talk.

Cause at this point most would expect this franchise would come to Smash and not feel as much as a wild care like Joker was.

Also can't really see how Edrick would be all that unique or different.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
If this brave slot turns out to be from DQ, then what Reggie mentioned will feel like mostly PR talk.

Cause at this point most would expect this franchise would come to Smash and not feel as much as a wild care like Joker was.

Also can't really see how Edrick would be all that unique or different.
It'd probably be more surprising to those who don't listen to leakers or other info we aren't supposed to know about...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It'd probably be more surprising to those who don't listen to leakers or other info we aren't supposed to know about...
I like to think that Reggie is a busy man who doesn't go on forums, so every reveal is a surprise to him.

That aside, guess we'll have to wait and see what will be showcased for him. I suppose there might be a trailer reveal if the Direct ends up real.

Is there something in the image I’m supposed to be seeing?
The ninjas have the faces of various Nintendo folks. I can only identify Sakurai and Reggie.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I like to think that Reggie is a busy man who doesn't go on forums, so every reveal is a surprise to him.

That aside, guess we'll have to wait and see what will be showcased for him. I suppose there might be a trailer reveal if the Direct ends up real.

The ninjas have the faces of various Nintendo folks. I can only identify Sakurai and Reggie.
We might not even get a trailer for the newcomer even if he or she's announced. Probably not before gameplay is shown for Joker at least.

...That said, if it is Erdrick and they highlight him with Joker at the same time, it would be an interesting pair-up with one very modern and one very classic JRPG star.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We might not even get a trailer for the newcomer even if he or she's announced. Probably not before gameplay is shown for Joker at least.

...That said, if it is Erdrick and they highlight him with Joker at the same time, it would be an interesting pair-up with one very modern and one very classic JRPG star.
Actually, Shin Megami was a rival to DQ and FF back in the day. Sure, SM and Persona are very separated at this point, but it is still apart of Persona's roots. We have a triad of classic JRPG representatives.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Guys i cracked the code.
Code name is brave.
take away the b and its rave.
character will die alot so theyll be in the grave.
put those 2 together and you get rave in the grave
rave in the grave is a shantae song.
shantae confirmed.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Guys i cracked the code.
Code name is brave.
shantae confirmed.
You have way too much time on your hands.

Why do I get the feeling I’m gonna regret making that statement...

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Guys i cracked the code.
Code name is brave.
shantae confirmed.
The irony is strong with this post...

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Guys i cracked the code.
Code name is brave.
shantae confirmed.
Interesting. But I think we can go deeper.
The code name is Brave. If we take the ve away, we can tell it sounds like me. I'm not in the game so we can take this out.
We're left with bra. Girls wear those, well.. usually. Shantae's a girl. But that's not right, she doesn't seem to wear one.
None of the cast seems to wear one in fact. But... oh of course!
It's Eggman. We're getting Eggman from that awful cartoon. What a time to be alive.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Guys i cracked the code.
Code name is brave.
shantae confirmed.
i expect nothing less from a person with your name.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Beautiful
Cute but the top is being blown in a way dangerously close to raising the age rating.

(And apparently stretched it out afterwards)

Last edited:

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Cute but the top is being blown in a way dangerously close to raising the age rating.

(And apparently stretched it out afterwards)
I doubt showing a bit more under chest would do anything with the game already chocked to the brim with so much cleave.
But maybe I'm wrong?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm okay. Probably not staying here for too long, though.
Hopefully not bad news, I feel sick like a dog right now. :sick:

I know right? To think we're having two JRPG protags in a row too, that's unprecedented. :smash:

And, in a way, somewhat balances out concerns in the home country about "Captain America". :ultridley:

Actually, Shin Megami was a rival to DQ and FF back in the day. Sure, SM and Persona are very separated at this point, but it is still apart of Persona's roots. We have a triad of classic JRPG representatives.
If Joker and Eddy manage to have more spirits than Cloud, I'm going to flipping laugh.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace

Dukefire

Smash Master
Maybe because I just woked up, but what does that even mean?
From what I can gather, seems like its a dream that those characters cannot reach since they are either an Assist Trophy and/or spirit. (Of course, spirits doesn't mean deconfirm yet. Assist on the other hand is a different story. Shadow and Issac fans sorry for the hit. Though Issac is a better Assist compared to his brawl version.)

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
With how big and loose that part of her top is, it may end up showing a bit more than a little under chest, just saying
It's not like they would allow that to be even the case. They're the ones animating it, they probably didn't even put those bits on her model.
Plus nothing wrong with a little underboob man.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
This:
View attachment 185465

Jokes aside, I’m guessing something Dragon Quest related.

Because the translation could also mean “Hero”.
The problem I have with this theory is: Why would "yuusha" be translated but the files still use "packu?"

As well as I just find it hard to believe that they'd actually translate "Yuusha" as "Brave" instead of "Hero." If this were some small time dev with a lack of international presence, maybe, but yeah, no, and while DQ has never exactly hit it big in the west it still exists and the class is "Hero."

Anyway, I hope the next DLC announcement completely blindsides us with someone no one has been talking about because these rumors aren't appealing to me in the slightest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well that wasn't very nice

As of that...

Sry uploads aren’t working
I despise those kind of people so much, it's like they think it's the last game in the series.

The problem I have with this theory is: Why would "yuusha" be translated but the files still use "packu?"

As well as I just find it hard to believe that they'd actually translate "Yuusha" as "Brave" instead of "Hero." If this were some small time dev with a lack of international presence, maybe, but yeah, no, and while DQ has never exactly hit it big in the west it still exists and the class is "Hero."

Anyway, I hope the next DLC announcement completely blindsides us with someone no one has been talking about because these rumors aren't appealing to me in the slightest.
To be fair, it's not the first time Pakku didn't get translated properly, as Super Mario Land can attest.

Also, the problem with a character no one talks about is that every character possible has been brought up by someone at some point.

Aside from really obscure games that not even most parts of the Smash fanbase remember, like Run Saber.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I despise those kind of people so much, it's like they think it's the last game in the series.

To be fair, it's not the first time Pakku didn't get translated properly, as Super Mario Land can attest.

Also, the problem with a character no one talks about is that every character possible has been brought up by someone at some point.

Aside from really obscure games that not even most parts of the Smash fanbase remember, like Run Saber.
Culdcept is a franchise that has recently caught my eye due to receiving an unusual amount of attention (three songs and a spirit) for a franchise that actually started on the Sega Saturn, and to this day isn't developed by Nintendo even though it's latest games were exclusive to the 3DS. Kind of like Ever Oasis, except at least I remember that one being marketed somewhat heavily...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
About the whole Waluigi thing...

How unexpectedly wholesome.
It's an interesting thing to think about, how not getting in Smash, or better yet, being in but not playable can in some ways make you more (in)famous than a reveal trailer would.

Also something about how unusual it is to get life counseling advice from a murderous, sociopathic space dragon, but eh, that's Smash and the Internet for ya.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About the whole Waluigi thing...

It's an interesting thing to think about, how not getting in Smash, or better yet, being in but not playable can in some ways make you more (in)famous than a reveal trailer would.

Also something about how unusual it is to get life counseling advice from a murderous, sociopathic space dragon, but eh, that's Smash and the Internet for ya.
Mn9 in the trash bin lol

Shadowknight1

So about those apparent leaks....why do they have to happen? I don't know what to think about the veracity of the leak.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ded
Not big surprise

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So about those apparent leaks....why do they have to happen? I don't know what to think about the veracity of the leak.
It hardly counts as a real leak to be honest. "Hero" or "Brave" could describe any number of protagonists outside of Dragon Quest.

Shadowknight1

It hardly counts as a real leak to be honest. "Hero" or "Brave" could describe any number of protagonists outside of Dragon Quest.
That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the 5channel leak. The guy who leaked the fact that Granblue Fantasy is getting a fighting game as well as Persona 5 R said that we're getting Erdrick, Doomguy, Steve, and Ryu Hayabusa.

Top Bottom