• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Seems fair. In which case, I seriously hope that the Undertale fans are understanding if Frisk doesn't come with a Sans package deal.
I mean, to be honest, Sans isn't really fighter material, as opposed to say, Assist trophy material.

It's not a case of say, Sakurai not being able to come up with a moveset for him, but like, Sans as a fighter doesn't fit with him character wise. And his moves essentially are kinda not really suited for Smash, if you catch my drift.

Doesn't help that he really doesn't fight that hard unless you do Genocide. Something Undertale isn't necessarily characterized solely by.

Whereas as Frisk would be much better at representing the game as a whole.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Please stop not this again!:scared:

Are you guys trying to scare me or something?
We're not fortunetellers, son.

I mean, to be honest, Sans isn't really fighter material, as opposed to say, Assist trophy material.

It's not a case of say, Sakurai not being able to come up with a moveset for him, but like, Sans as a fighter doesn't fit with him character wise. And his moves essentially are kinda not really suited for Smash, if you catch my drift.

Doesn't help that he really doesn't fight that hard unless you do Genocide. Something Undertale isn't necessarily characterized solely by.

Whereas as Frisk would be much better at representing the game as a whole.
In any case, the Ness jokes would get even stronger...by having the Ness Echo that people aren't expecting to see. :p

That said, I'm not expecting an Undertale character that strongly at the moment anyway, they could go with a different decently-successful indie.

D

Deleted member

Y’all are forgetting something

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind just now.

Forget guns and zapping people from a distance with lightning, the guy's too anime. :rolleyes:

Next thing you know, they'll reject anyone new that's a grown-up human.
I wouldn't be surprised, they already reject any idea that a indie or a character that looks too anime can get into smash haha. Btw, the gunvolt thread is kindaaaa dead rip.

D

Deleted member

What’s going on here?

I feel like your starting to think she has no chance anymore and move on to someone else.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Y’all are forgetting something
Yeah, except here's the thing. That was for the base game speculation phase. Not the dlc phase. There's a window between then and November where he could've been added.

Not only that, but that kind of answer doesn't deconfirm presence in Smash, as YCG have shown.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides, it eventually gets tiring to talk about the character in question when a thread is big enough and nothing much is happening for the time being. So changing things up a bit is necessary sometimes.

Though I should at least point out that Shovel Knight, Shantae and Gunvolt did show up in Blaster Master Zero, if that matters.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, except here's the thing. That was for the base game speculation phase. Not the dlc phase. There's a window between then and November where he could've been added.

Not only that, but that kind of answer doesn't deconfirm presence in Smash, as YCG have shown.
What has yacht said that doesn’t deconfirm him?

Also why are you now doubting the spirits don’t deconfirm thing? Did some random person say something to you?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know this is off topic on what you guys are talking about right now, but which Shantae game do you guys think is the best? I've never played the first game and Risky's Revenge before and I have only played Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I know this is off topic on what you guys are talking about right now, but which Shantae game do you guys think is the best? I've never played the first game and Risky's Revenge before and I have only played Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero.
I haven't played pirates curse, so I'm just gonna say half genie hero lololol. I like the style more anyway.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Pirate's Curse has the tightest gameplay and the best story by far. Half-Genie Hero with it's DLC campaigns is more replayable though.

On another note, has anyone noticed something peculiar about the evolution of her designs here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shantae/comments/a9ecda/you_guys_seem_to_like_my_meme_so_heres_another/

Her skin tone seems to get lighter each game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pirate's Curse has the tightest gameplay and the best story by far. Half-Genie Hero with it's DLC campaigns is more replayable though.

On another note, has anyone noticed something peculiar about the evolution of her designs here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shantae/comments/a9ecda/you_guys_seem_to_like_my_meme_so_heres_another/

Not only that, it was even lighter than that on the pre-release for HGH. She caught Michael Jackson's condition!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

RR is the darkest she got, the first game had her on par with PC, I wouldn’t put too much thought into it, I doubt it was intentional. Personally I think her tan in HGH looks the most natural and balanced with the rest of her colors.

Not only that, it was even lighter than that on the pre-release for HGH. She caught Michael Jackson's condition!
I think that was cause of an error in their lighting engine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“Piranha plant doesn’t have a spirit therefore spirits do deconfirm fighters for dlc”

This quote right here is false because piranha plant was done early judging by his trailer and alts meaning that they knew he was gonna be a character unlike Batman’s rival who got only just a teaser and no gameplay just like what they did to :ultmewtwo: during the 50 fact extravaganza

So let’s all ignore what the fan base says about spirits and just listen to what sakurai says because he gives out the official words and not some random people who make up rules so that people’s favorite characters cannot become dlc.

Edit: wow a moderator likes what I said:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is great! I love their expressions! Poor Bolo.
Thank you very much! Yeah the story here was the girls would only let Bolo join their slumber party if he agreed to wear those jammies. He went through with it, but he’s still not used to them yet (though I think he’ll warm up to them after the party)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok this may sound stupid but I would like to see shantae and risky as mii fighter costumes I mean If shantae doesn’t make it as dlc she could be upgraded as a fighter in the next smash game like:ultinkling:,:ultchrom:,:ultkrool:,and :ultisabelle: and tbh I still don’t see her as an AT because it’s impossible after having this much move set potential

What do y’all think
(This is not against her this what I think and thought it be cool)

Top Bottom