• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I hope she's at least DLC, as a AT would kinda suck, but at the end of the day I hope she's just in the game somewhere.

For her to be completely absent would really really suck.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I mean, don't forget that the banner leak is slowly crumbling. We might fight out its fake within a few days.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure @Wademan94 was referencing this. I could be wrong though.
Is that... a TRG reference?

Quick! What's the best part about playing Olimar? (I'm not an Olimar main)

This is stressful
:132: (yay I found a use for one of the random Pokemon Sprites on here)

Pack your bags boys and girls

It’s dlc or bust
I still think it's base or bust, since Sakurai doesn't ever consider DLC until development is complete for the Base Game, so it wouldn't make sense to have all of this evidence in advance.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
One more word from you or Hollywood.... and I'm putting both of you on ignore. You're starting to realllllllly irritate me. I for one don't believe that banner leak. That's not to say that some of those characters aren't in, but the fact that insiders aren't outright dismissing it tell me that it got enough things right that it's making them second guess themselves.

1. B-K, Ken, and Geno, I think are highly likely due to those sources and Verges, if you're giving them the benefit of a doubt.
2. Incineroar possibly is good if he's not leak bait.
3. I don't see Shadow going back to Assist so if he's indeed in, he's playable.
4. The rest of them are either ATs or a possible maybe in the playable department.

As for Isaac? As this came from a Nintendo event, I'm marking him as a near definitive yes as an accidental slip.

That's how I'm seeing things. There's still plenty of room for Shantae, I think.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I can't debunk this leak. There's nothing we can do about it. If she's in, great; if not, oh well, it'll be another 5 years before we get another shot.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Dear god, I've felt the atmosphere drastically shift here, in the past few days, or maybe even weeks. This is so different to how this place was only about two months ago, everyone was so cheery, happy, and bright. It was all great fun.

It seems, people now are deciding on what her demise will be. Huh.

Incase anyone was ignoring it
Sorry, what was that? I think it may have just been wind, with a very foul smell, blowing on it...
I despise those books, with a passion. :(

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I mean, don't forget that the banner leak is slowly crumbling. We might fight out its fake within a few days.
Crumbling? LOL It's getting more evidence supporting it as time passes. So far, all of its opposition is looking exactly the same as what the ESRB leak had (which was nitpicked to death). The only thing stopping the Grinch leak is ACP FLV and so far, there's no word from them.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Its pretty much that the support is a flimsy shield depending what it was protecting against. The Grinch leak hit it hard to near pass repair

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Its pretty much that the support is a flimsy shield depending what it was protecting against. The Grinch leak hit it hard to near pass repair
The Grinch leak is already falling apart, so im not sure thats quite true.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't know what the Grinch leak is doing, all I know is that we are not gonna solve it on our own. I am just waiting for Nintendo to give us something we can really use to confirm or disconfirm the leaks legitimacy.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Crumbling? LOL It's getting more evidence supporting it as time passes. So far, all of its opposition is looking exactly the same as what the ESRB leak had (which was nitpicked to death). The only thing stopping the Grinch leak is ACP FLV and so far, there's no word from them.
...Did you pay any attention to anything that's been shown? The banner appears to have lots of telltale signs of Photoshopping. The person who "SUPPOSEDLY" took the video that started this has been contacted and said he is unaware of the leak and has denied it. And I think someone said that ACP FLV has nothing to do with Nintendo, Bandai Namco, or Grinch. What exactly is SUPPORTING this garbage?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will say this though, it is rather interesting being an avid watcher of the Shantae, Geno, and Isaac threads. All three have different views on how to go about this, and it certainly has assisted me in taking a more neutral stance since I have seen the evidence each has come up with.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
...Did you pay any attention to anything that's been shown? The banner appears to have lots of telltale signs of Photoshopping. The person who "SUPPOSEDLY" took the video that started this has been contacted and said he is unaware of the leak and has denied it. And I think someone said that ACP FLV has nothing to do with Nintendo, Bandai Namco, or Grinch. What exactly is SUPPORTING this garbage?
Hope from the fans of the featured characters, I suppose?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guess to spice up the Drama. Getting attention from the fanbases while Smash Ultimate is not here yet is a hot topic as of right now

D

Deleted member

I'm just treating this "leak" like I do every other "leak"/Theory that has come out of this speculation cycle.

I treat/assume them as false. But I put them in a pile as a potentiality (to somewhat temper my expectations)

But no matter what happens i'm going to support Shantae. It was relentless support that got Ridley in. We can do the same for shantae.

D

Deleted member

I can't debunk this leak. There's nothing we can do about it. If she's in, great; if not, oh well, it'll be another 5 years before we get another shot.
We’ll be fine don’t worry

Last edited by a moderator:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I've seen every single "debunk" and it looks exactly like detail nitpicking. You're making the same exact arguments that others made for the ESRB leak. Shulk was said to be Little Mac photoshopped too as well as other character portraits (i.e. Wario being too ugly).

And of course the person who took the pic is gonna deny it. As if he's gonna say, "Yeah I took a photo of the updated banner and uploaded it on the Internet so I can be the biggest news to an online videogame community." He's already identified and his career has crashed and burned.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of favorite books...

Anyone here a fan of "A Series of Unfortunate Events"?
I have to admit I loved those books as a kid. Unfortunately I kinda stopped reading halfway through the Ersatz Elevator and never got back to it. Maybe I'll pick it back up if I have the chance.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I've seen every single "debunk" and it looks exactly like detail nitpicking. You're making the same exact arguments that others made for the ESRB leak. Shulk was said to be Little Mac photoshopped too as well as other character portraits (i.e. Wario being too ugly).

And of course the person who took the pic is gonna deny it. As if he's gonna say, "Yeah I took a photo of the updated banner and uploaded it on the Internet so I can be the biggest news to an online videogame community." He's already identified and his career has crashed and burned.

Its impossible to say whether he lied to avoid followup, or that someone actually used his identity in the leak.

Whether the leak is real almost entirely relies upon the next direct. It could be proven false almost as early as the first character reveal.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Top Bottom