• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I remember there being (at least) one or two instances, but I can't remember any off the top of my head, so can you please show me one?
If you remember there being instances, then shouldn't that be enough? I'm sorry but I don't like hunting down deplorable things that he says.

Also, didn't you pledge your undying faith in him as some dark lord a while ago?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
If you remember there being instances, then shouldn't that be enough? I'm sorry but I don't like hunting down deplorable things that he says.

Also, didn't you pledge your undying faith in him as some dark lord a while ago?
I called him Dark Lord Vergeben because I figured the "Dark" would override the "Lord". Like the "Dark Lord" usually refers to the bad guy, so I was like "Oh I don't like this guy. Lemme just call him Dark Lord hur muh dur". Clearly it didn't give off the impression I wanted it to.

I love these grinch memes!View attachment 172064
No. Just No. That's as bad as the nightmare Steve.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
called him Dark Lord Vergeben because I figured the "Dark" would override the "Lord". Like the "Dark Lord" usually refers to the bad guy, so I was like "Oh I don't like this guy. Lemme just call him Dark Lord hur muh dur". Clearly it didn't give off the impression I wanted it to.
It wasn't funny. And no, coupled with your insistence of constantly shouting "Assist Trophy confirmed!", in what's supposed to be a support thread didn't give that impression.

Like, I get you wanting to temper your own expectations, but holy heck, don't rain on other people's parades. It doesn't help morale at all.

D

Deleted member

I called him Dark Lord Vergeben because I figured the "Dark" would override the "Lord". Like the "Dark Lord" usually refers to the bad guy, so I was like "Oh I don't like this guy. Lemme just call him Dark Lord hur muh dur". Clearly it didn't give off the impression I wanted it to.

No. Just No. That's as bad as the nightmare Steve.
What? someone posted the same thing plus this one has a stronger anus

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Wait a minute... @Maxie , I know you!

You uploaded some videos of Luigi humping things on Youtube, if I'm correct. :p

It's also, pretty explicit. It's making me really uncomfortable anyway.
Oof it (meaning Connor's post) got edited by a mod.

We need something to get back on topic. Uhhh... What would an event match involving the HGH be?

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
He's a condescending jerk who uses inappropriate terms of "autism" against "naysayers". And quite frankly has slipped up innumerable times in his leaking career, backtracked and lied. Not to mention, he's one of the rude anti-Shantae personnel from Gamefaqs to boot.

Why support another "leaker" for destroying another leak? Particularly in the case where the latter leak is more fun and speculation-fueling anyway?
I've only vaguely followed verge and wasn't aware of any of that. I still don't want either leak to be true.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

We need something to get back on topic. Uhhh... What would an event match involving the HGH be?
I mean, I know it's probably impossible, but Shantae against Megaman and Ryu, could be called "The Big Reunion". :p
Also, she could fight against both King K. Rool and Ridley, because you know... pirates (I have no name to use here :sadeyes:).

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that would be a bit overly paranoid on Wayforward's part. Turning down crossovers just in fear that Shantae would become memetic is a waste of potential in actually increasing her popularity. I mean, the more the merrier either way.

While I get not wanting to spam her across the industry, they've apparently turned down quite a lot of good publicity crossover stunts. An act that's a bit baffling. Especially if they wanted her more popular for better Smash backing.
Oh yeah, this was one of the reasons we believe she's in Smash. WF would have no reason to turn down free publicity in the form of getting in indie pogo or blade strangers unless she's actually in Smash as a fighter and is under NCC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

0:28 new item

So growth=golden sun=grinch leak=Cristina in the recording booth=Vees science with smash=unlikely to voice new lines for an AT=DLC boooooiiiiiisssssss!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to remember cause it's a bit fuzzy for me but what was different about how Yacht Club acted before Shovel Knight was revealed as an assist compared to Wayforward's current radio silence again?

Also what about those two missing blog posts for the site that were reportedly gonna be posted on the same day as that one Nindie showcase or was that purely circumstantial?

Dukefire

Smash Master
For this video here, it does show 3 details that are small that wasn't shown in the main video demostrations in the previous Smash Ultimate Clips.

1. Cornaria Battlefield Form

2. Donkey Kong (Arcade) Hammer now has the music and the Sound Effects when hitting something.

3. (Not really something interesting) Isabelle does GET hurt and sent flying.
What did you expect when the cute mayor joins the most chaotic game in gaming history

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Artwork I found while roaming for various reasons

My headcanon now that I mentioned previously is that she's the one doling out invites to the fighters instead of the other way around... until those two that one last letter handed out by Master Hand...

The evil counterpart challenge gets taken up and even further notch with Link, Samus and Shantae versus Dark Link, Dark Samus and Nega-Shantae.

Also Ninjas Stink!, where she has to defeat Sheik and Greninja.

And a dance-off with Bayonetta where each competes to complete a dance at certain intervals, and whoever does it the most wins.

D

Deleted member

Is it unlikely for Cristina to voice new lines for an AT while they can just use recycled lines from previous games and not contact her given her being silent?

D

Deleted member

Welp guys Isaac confirmed due to an item in a video+grinch leak=shantae is a........

Lock for dlc
It doesn’t make sense for an assist

Go to the Isaac thread and find out

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
(Pops in out of thin air) THIRD WHEEL!
Sure, you can be our third wheel.

As long as you'll enjoy watching the stuff we do, your alright. :)
I see what you did there.
I don't, understand it! :(

I'm just a dirty, filthy, scummy, conniving, heartless, millennial rat. Just discard me, I don't deserve anything.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think the Grinch Leak is real. But Isaac was coming either way. I mean... c'mon. Dude was super popular.

Also, is it cool if we start asking WayForward questions now? There silence and absence in other fighting games is still curious.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Even though Shantae isn't shown on the leak. At least she doesn't share the same case with Ashley and Shovel Knight yet. SHE STILL HAS A CHANCE.
DLC!!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
My headcanon now that I mentioned previously is that she's the one doling out invites to the fighters instead of the other way around... until those two that one last letter handed out by Master Hand...

The evil counterpart challenge gets taken up and even further notch with Link, Samus and Shantae versus Dark Link, Dark Samus and Nega-Shantae.

Also Ninjas Stink!, where she has to defeat Sheik and Greninja.

And a dance-off with Bayonetta where each competes to complete a dance at certain intervals, and whoever does it the most wins.
For the first event, don't forget the Pits!

As for your headcanon, that would be a very interesting trailer idea. I could see it being like a bunch of veterans get handed their letter from someone who isn't shown, including some characters everyone new was gonna return, and some characters that are just returning for Ultimate, and then you hear a female voice saying "That's the last of them. Hopefully some day I'll get one of those letters too!". Then Master Hand does the "1" gesture and makes a letter appear. Cue the DTtD.

Dukefire

Smash Master
We are still on unstable waters, so she could be either in base or later DLC down the line on Smash Ultimate's lifespan. Until Sakurai and the Smash Team makes their move, its anyone's game as of now.

Top Bottom