• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I've seen every single "debunk" and it looks exactly like detail nitpicking. You're making the same exact arguments that others made for the ESRB leak. Shulk was said to be Little Mac photoshopped too as well as other character portraits (i.e. Wario being too ugly).

And of course the person who took the pic is gonna deny it. As if he's gonna say, "Yeah I took a photo of the updated banner and uploaded it on the Internet so I can be the biggest news to an online videogame community." He's already identified and his career has crashed and burned.
The ESRB leak wasnt blurry.

Not to mention people shouted "shulk is a photoshopped little mac" when some inconsistency was brought up with the Agnes leak too.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Umm, little side note guys, but, has anybody heard about Etika? I'm scared for his life.
Umm, well, I don't know exactly, it is all very frantic.

His Youtube channel, has been taken down, for starters. I don't know much else, but there's this post right, which I won't put here because I don't think it's appropriate, I'll put this link here anyway. It certainly presents a dark reality.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1055634196540977153
Suddenly, these songs feel incredibly appropriate.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I still believe Shantae has a chance to be one base. A few people are saying they have sources saying the leak ius right but there are more characters, at least 2 with Incineroar and someone else. Who that someone else is could be shantae. and just adding 2 would make the screen look all weird, so I feel the others could be big echos like Medusa, Impa, and Ms Pac Man, then maybe also skullkid/

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
For the first event, don't forget the Pits!

As for your headcanon, that would be a very interesting trailer idea. I could see it being like a bunch of veterans get handed their letter from someone who isn't shown, including some characters everyone new was gonna return, and some characters that are just returning for Ultimate, and then you hear a female voice saying "That's the last of them. Hopefully some day I'll get one of those letters too!". Then Master Hand does the "1" gesture and makes a letter appear. Cue the DTtD.
Ehhh, Dark Pit's not evil enough to be with those guys, at least voluntarily.

Some of the invitees might have to be beaten into submission before they accept the letter, to get her power across. This trailer would not only be the perfect way to wrap up the final reveals for the base roster, but also provide some twisted irony to haters who might "owe" their favourite getting in to Shantae.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of fake leaks. Y'all remember back in the day when melee came out one of the gaming magazines put out an april fool's that sonic and tails were in the game you had to beat 25 wire frame fighters in cruel melee. I still remember the struggle and disappointment when trying to unlock them. "Sigh" It's amusing now but yeah simpler times.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I am pretty sure Wademan94 Wademan94 was referencing this. I could be wrong though.
Yeah you got me, I’m actually a little surprised someone caught that, I keep forgetting how many people watch them. I would love to see these guys tackle a Shantae game together. They’re all aware of the series, I know they’ve talked about in their videos. I know NintendoCapriSun has played HGH on his channel if not more and Protonjon has streamed himself playing the beginning chapters of the same game.

EDIT: NCS also did a race of the GBC game with fellow Shantae fan Kuuribro, who’s also in that Protonjon stream

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm just treating this "leak" like I do every other "leak"/Theory that has come out of this speculation cycle.

I treat/assume them as false. But I put them in a pile as a potentiality (to somewhat temper my expectations)

But no matter what happens i'm going to support Shantae. It was relentless support that got Ridley in. We can do the same for shantae.
Don't forget King K. Rool, he didn't have as much active opposition but he was still contending with the threat of obscurity.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Wait Etika's Channel got deleted?! I remember him making a video abut the n-word like a few days ago but for it to just up and disappear is really weird.

D

Deleted member

Welp it seems like I found this it’s not shantae and smash but it could be bad for WF
AE564ADD-8A43-4B9B-A2BB-B6CDCA5BE67D.jpeg

WF is officialy gonna be in shovelware hell *gulp* don’t let them touch our genie girl:(

Edit:Oh wait I forgot Matt owns shantae not wf but still

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
First of all, shovelware is unlikely. That practice is almost dead because previous gaming kids are now parents and aren't buying them for their kids. Second, its from 4chan, so it could easily be a lie.

Third...why do you keep posting so many negative things, real or fake?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First of all, shovelware is unlikely. That practice is almost dead because previous gaming kids are now parents and aren't buying them for their kids. Second, its from 4chan, so it could easily be a lie.

Third...why do you keep posting so many negative things, real or fake?

Sorry I’m kinda acting a little like Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 :(

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Sorry I’m kinda acting a little like Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 :(
Look. Others have gotten on your case about it before, and you really do have a habit of posting things that are either off-topic, things that are of little to no use in speculation, or things that just make people feel negative, even if its likely nothing. Could you please try to stop?

D

Deleted member

Look. Others have gotten on your case about it before, and you really do have a habit of posting things that are either off-topic, things that are of little to no use in speculation, or things that just make people feel negative, even if its likely nothing. Could you please try to stop?
Ok I’ll try:)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I'm gonna sound dumb here but...what is this supposed to mean?
Welp it seems like I found this it’s not shantae and smash but it could be bad for WF
View attachment 172164
WF is officialy gonna be in shovelware hell *gulp* don’t let them touch our genie girl:(

Edit:Oh wait I forgot Matt owns shantae not wf but still
WayForward being bought by Warner Bros. Interactive doesn't mean shovelware. Are the Injustice and Mortal Kombat games shovelware? The Middle Earth games? If anything, being brought under WB would give them a larger budget to make bigger games. Now, do I believe any of that? Absolutely not. Text is text. I could make a text leak if I wanted.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Someone made a good point here
I want Shantae in Smash a lot, but I feel really bad for whoever posted this on 4chan (that is 4chan right?) The reason being is that not only is this reaching, but 4chan both hates Shantae and, from what I've actually seen, hates people who try to debunk this leak.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I want Shantae in Smash a lot, but I feel really bad for whoever posted this on 4chan (that is 4chan right?) The reason being is that not only is this reaching, but 4chan both hates Shantae and, from what I've actually seen, hates people who try to debunk this leak.
While I am a big, big fan of Shantae in Smash, I try to only prioritize reliable information, and avoid making too many reaching claims... the exeggutor "hint" is incredibly reaching, and I don't put any reliance in it at all.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Looks like I don't need to jump ship before it sinks! It's going down on its own!
Feel free to stop posting at any time.
The one on the bus is from 8/8. Isabelle isn't on it. This is nothing
Oh my, really? That's good then...
Someone made a good point hereView attachment 172172
Okay I'm just gonna say that I've always thought the "tortimer island+ A-exeggcutor" thing is the biggest reach any of us could make. The Exeggutor was shown on Tortimer island because Exeggutor is a palm tree. Diddy Kong and Bayonetta are one of the like, 5? Characters who can wall cling in Smash as well (only Shiek, Greninja and Lucario come to mind for other characters but I may be forgetting one or two) so I think the two of them being shown clinging to A-Exegutor was more of a coincidence rather than a reference to Scuttle Land.

There's plenty of other things we can go off of in regards to Shantae being in but I never saw this as one of them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For this video here, it does show 3 details that are small that wasn't shown in the main video demostrations in the previous Smash Ultimate Clips.

1. Cornaria Battlefield Form

2. Donkey Kong (Arcade) Hammer now has the music and the Sound Effects when hitting something.

3. (Not really something interesting) Isabelle does GET hurt and sent flying.
What did you expect when the cute mayor joins the most chaotic game in gaming history

Yesss!! Isabelle's aerial mobility is good, or at least decent enough (from those few seconds I can see :))
thanks youuu

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna sound dumb here but...what is this supposed to mean?

WayForward being bought by Warner Bros. Interactive doesn't mean shovelware. Are the Injustice and Mortal Kombat games shovelware? The Middle Earth games? If anything, being brought under WB would give them a larger budget to make bigger games. Now, do I believe any of that? Absolutely not. Text is text. I could make a text leak if I wanted.
So what you saying is larger budget=big games,possible 3D shantae game,possible shantae anime,enough money for amiibo? Great now I want this to be real!!

Top Bottom