• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Hey I'm still reading upon the last pages, but did anyone post this?

https://nintendosoup.com/alleged-su...r-leaker-says-he-is-unaware-of-the-situation/

"
French website Nintendo Actu has got into contact with Eric Bricard, whose name appeared on the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate final roster leak.

When asked whether he was aware of what’s going on on the Internet, Bricard claimed he’s completely unaware of the situation. In addition, he says that he has not been contacted by anybody, including his employer and former employer, about the leak.

This means that someone could have planted Bricard’s name into the photo, to make him seem to appear as the leaker, when he isn’t. No one knows what’s going on until Bricard’s current employer, ACP-PLV, comments on the situation.

"
I sort of literally just did, but it was from the new GameXplain video, so this would probably help explain it more.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I sort of literally just did, but it was from the new GameXplain video, so this would probably help explain it more.
Just watched it. I think it complements it.
I liked that they pointed out that the new company doesnt have anything to do with the grinch.

hence, we can easily lean towards it being planted, since there'd be little reason there'd be grinch stuff at this new company he's working at.
And there's no ties to nintendo or bandai namco, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just watched it. I think it complements it.
I liked that they pointed out that the new company doesnt have anything to do with the grinch.

hence, we can easily lean towards it being planted, since there's no reason there'd be grinch stuff at this new company he's working at.
Teeb everyone hates my MII idea can you do something about that:(

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace

https://nintendosoup.com/alleged-su...r-leaker-says-he-is-unaware-of-the-situation/

"
French website Nintendo Actu has got into contact with Eric Bricard, whose name appeared on the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate final roster leak.

When asked whether he was aware of what’s going on on the Internet, Bricard claimed he’s completely unaware of the situation. In addition, he says that he has not been contacted by anybody, including his employer and former employer, about the leak.

This means that someone could have planted Bricard’s name into the photo, to make him seem to appear as the leaker, when he isn’t. No one knows what’s going on until Bricard’s current employer, ACP-PLV, comments on the situation.

"
Uh oh, I think some of us may have gotten played HARD. This may be the debunk of the leak for me. And I really wanted Isaac in so badly...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Teeb everyone hates my MII idea can you do something about that:(
Why do you want to jump around so much with things? It's simple, she's got a chance as a fighter unless she's shown as an assist trophy. We havent seen an assist trophy, so there's no point in discounting chances, especially for supporters. There's nothing wrong with talking about making a mii fighter but that's not what interests us right now. You can play with that if you want to but We want to talk about shantae and chances considering where things are now.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Uh oh, I think some of us may have gotten played HARD. This may be the debunk of the leak for me. And I really wanted Isaac in so badly...
Hey don't worry, Isaac is very likely anyway in my opinion .... and I'm not often wrong :p
remember that Sakurai tweet for instance ? ;-)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Why do you want to jump around so much with things? It's simple, she's got a chance as a fighter unless she's shown as an assist trophy. We havent seen an assist trophy, so there's no point in discounting chances, especially for supporters. There's nothing wrong with talking about making a mii fighter but that's not what interests us right now? You can play with that if you want to but We want to talk about shantae chances considering where things are now.
Yup, I'm done. There's no way, there is no way. I don't want to give up, but this impossible, and you aren't trying to help.

D

Deleted member

Hey don't worry, Isaac is very likely anyway in my opinion anyway.... and I'm not often wrong :p
remember that Sakurai tweet for instance ? ;-)
And that shantae reference in the direct?
Nope not listening to you all yadadada

D

Deleted member

"

"
So what your saying is this leak is now dead?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So what your saying is this leak is now dead?
Stop trying to jump to conclusions alright?
These things mean something, but it's not always just debunked or proven.

This is part of what shows more how the leak could've been faked, but it doesnt conclude anything, since the guy could be lying. But it does go against the leak.
We need more though.

And why do you care? You keep talking about mii fighter and assist trophy stuff, and you wanted banjo in and jumped to it being real. Why not take a break from this for now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stop trying to jump to conclusions alright?
These things mean something, but it's not always just debunked or proven.

This is part of what shows more how the leak could've been faked, but it doesnt conclude anything, since the guy could be lying. But it does go against the leak.
We need more though.

And why do you care? You keep talking about mii fighter and assist trophy stuff, and you wanted banjo in and jumped to it being real. Why not take a break from this for now?
Ok I’m sorry

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel the leak will only be debunked or be real when the next direct comes; y'know, see if a character's mural art matches the leak's (I feel like it's gonna be Ken).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are these sales strictly for the 3DS/Wii U entries, or do they include the Switch? Pirate's Curse is getting rereleased on the latter very soon.
They're for every Shantae game released on every platform in Japan, including re-releases. 3DS, Wii U, Switch and PS4. Didn't include XB1 since that console is all but non-existent over there, but those minuscule units can be accounted for in the 13k I tacked on.

Also if publishing gives more association with a company than consistent marketing, than I guess Shantae is more of a Capcom character.
If you were to argue that Shantae has closer ties to Capcom than Shovel Knight, I'd agree with you. Anything else is misconstruing the point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Issac can still be in Smash. Remember that Palutena 3DS gameplay screenshot leak? It could be a boy cried wolf scenario.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's just what happens, when you disrelish a character/their supporters, and express your feelings in an derogatory manner, in a public space...
Although, I may be doing something similar with you, now that I think about... oh well. :/

This entire thing could be handled differently, and in a much better way, I know. But, what you say sometimes is quite frankly wrong, and very disrespectful, and you don't seem to listen to anyone on how you could improve not even Teeb. You don't listen to advice, you don't listen to what we have to say you're doing wrong, you just ask for an apology, and go on, doing business as usual, as if nothing ever happened. I'm being harsh here, because I reckon it may be the only way to get into your head, to pierce your mind, so you can change, get better, so that nobody has to forcefully remove you from the premises. Nothing is working, it is so annoying. You have to change some aspects of yourself, Connor, or, you have to go. You must listen, it'll benefit everyone in the long run.
I only read this now. And I want to say that I'm proud of you for voicing your feelings in a better way. You may think you were harsh (and maybe in some way it was), but it's much cleaner and better in expressing things well, it helps and is a step in a better direction.
The next step is letting go of it enough to recompile your feelings and thoughts and deal with things from a better (or calmer) place.

It's like when people get frustrated and just try the same thing over and over again (which can look like banging against a wall). At some point it takes to take step back and re-evaluate and see what would actually work, and be in harmony with others (and good sense and the rules, etc).

There isn't always a good solution, especially when it comes to people, but there's always ways to improve things still :)

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Massively widespread and popular? No seriously, what's so bad about Shovel Knight?
Nothing is wrong with SK himself but his tendency to cameo in literally anything has really devalued his name to fans.
"Here's a random indie game! Featuring Shovel Knight!"
Now he has the nickname Shovelware Knight. Here are the comments on SK's Brawlhalla reveal

No is saying SK isn't popular, people just don't want Shantae to get so many cameos she becomes a meme.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well I am going to support Shantae no matter what.
#ShantaeForSmash

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Unfortunately the civil war is about to get even worse. Verge is back......
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77131579?jumpto=4#4
I'm still of the opinion that both Verge AND the grinch leak are bull**** but either way there's about to be a war within a war.
I see that Vergeben is trying to savor his last few moments of fame before he fades back into irrelevancy, as hacks often do.

Never believed that this guy was credible for a second and I don't believe him now.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Nothing is wrong with SK himself but his tendency to cameo in literally anything has really devalued his name to fans.
"Here's a random indie game! Featuring Shovel Knight!"
Now he has the nickname Shovelware Knight. Here are the comments on SK's Brawlhalla reveal

No is saying SK isn't popular, people just don't want Shantae to get so many cameos she becomes a meme.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that would be a bit overly paranoid on Wayforward's part. Turning down crossovers just in fear that Shantae would become memetic is a waste of potential in actually increasing her popularity. I mean, the more the merrier either way.

While I get not wanting to spam her across the industry, they've apparently turned down quite a lot of good publicity crossover stunts. An act that's a bit baffling. Especially if they wanted her more popular for better Smash backing.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
To be fair, all we have been doing is trying to disprove this current "leak", it is still a possibility that Isaac will be there. So keep your chin up ('v')b

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I'll believe him now if only in hopes that he destroys this new leak.
He's a condescending jerk who uses inappropriate terms of "autism" against "naysayers". And quite frankly has slipped up innumerable times in his leaking career, backtracked and lied. Not to mention, he's one of the rude anti-Shantae personnel from Gamefaqs to boot.

Why support another "leaker" for destroying another leak? Particularly in the case where the latter leak is more fun and speculation-fueling anyway?

Last edited:
Top Bottom