• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, by your logic, Chorus Kids would be number 69? I was about to say 'kinky' due to there being three of them, but then I remembered the name 'kids'...

Literally the #1 reason to rejoice if this leak is true.
Lol honestly they are just there because i put them there. As long as Shantae isn't 69 :)

D

Deleted member

No one should go hard on WayForward regardless. The whole NDA thing was just pure speculation.
I know they’re a small game company but they just want her to show up that’s all they would love her to be an assist that’s all that matters

Besides What if daisy is just looking at :ultcorrin:anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What if we’re wrong about there being an NCC and Matt’s just trying to be protective with their ip so they don’t end up like SK?

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Alright, I am now awake.

Whats going on now?

What if we’re wrong about there being an NCC and Matt’s just trying to be protective with their ip so they don’t end up like SK?
It's an NDA, and even then it is extremely weird they aren't responding at all to Smash-related content. If he didn't want her in Smash Bros, he is more than capable of saying "while I know she's popular, blah blah blah", and yet he hasn't, so that implies something else.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Alright, I am now awake.

Whats going on now?

It's an NDA, and even then it is extremely weird they aren't responding at all to Smash-related content. If he didn't want her in Smash Bros, he is more than capable of saying "while I know she's popular, blah blah blah", and yet he hasn't, so that implies something else.
I've stated several times that that means nothing, and I won't rehash most of the reasons, but I will state a new reason I thought of this morning. They were talkative during the ballot because they were trying to get fans to vote for her. They aren't talkative now because there is no ballot (not a total rehash, let me finish), so what if they are silent now, because they are privately TRYING to get her in Smash? Much like how when Snake was revealed, Nintendo gave an open invitation to 3rd parties for Smash Bros, and Sega privately answered and got Sonic in last minute. We never heard from Sega about that until it happened. WayForward might still be trying to get Shantae in, but knowing there are no votings going on, they aren't including the public, out of fear their fans might harass Nintendo for Shantae. They might even be trying to be quiet about it just in case they do manage to talk Nintendo into including Shantae, they wouldn't 'pre-break' an NDA that they would already expect Nintendo to have them sign.

In other words, the silence could also mean they are still TRYING to get Shantae in, without fear of fans harassing Nintendo or Sakurai and ruining their chances.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I've stated several times that that means nothing, and I won't rehash most of the reasons, but I will state a new reason I thought of this morning. They were talkative during the ballot because they were trying to get fans to vote for her. They aren't talkative now because there is no ballot (not a total rehash, let me finish), so what if they are silent now, because they are privately TRYING to get her in Smash? Much like how when Snake was revealed, Nintendo gave an open invitation to 3rd parties for Smash Bros, and Sega privately answered and got Sonic in last minute. We never heard from Sega about that until it happened. WayForward might still be trying to get Shantae in, but knowing there are no votings going on, they aren't including the public, out of fear their fans might harass Nintendo for Shantae. They might even be trying to be quiet about it just in case they do manage to talk Nintendo into including Shantae, they wouldn't 'pre-break' an NDA that they would already expect Nintendo to have them sign.

In other words, the silence could also mean they are still TRYING to get Shantae in, without fear of fans harassing Nintendo or Sakurai and ruining their chances.
Hm....fair point. We'll just have to see, though.

Another thing I'd like to ask. Seems like the company the leaker worked at came out saying the information was false. It might be going even deeper, where the person in question actually used the name of the worker, rather than an actual name, when he leaked the info.

"Rumors of privacy leakage on the latest version of the game Super Smash Bros. report a connection with our company. All these rumors only support one idea, journalism is not limited to doing a search on Google. Indeed, the person incriminated in this "rumor", if it is it, is no longer present in our company since November 2016. Having not updated his profile updated, some have wanted to make a connection with the Marina Workshops that can not exist. Namco is a company we have worked with and want to rework with, this is not currently the case for the launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. These rumors are therefore a discredit on our professionalism widely recognized, especially with respect to our commitments on confidentiality. We are currently contacting all these sites and Namco / Nintendo to remove this false information and assess the judicial follow-up. The Marina team."

Last edited:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Hm....fair point. We'll just have to see, though.

Another thing I'd like to ask. Seems like the company the leaker worked at came out saying the information was false. It might be going even deeper, where the person in question actually used the name of the worker, rather than an actual name, when he leaked the info.

"Rumors of privacy leakage on the latest version of the game Super Smash Bros. report a connection with our company. All these rumors only support one idea, journalism is not limited to doing a search on Google. Indeed, the person incriminated in this "rumor", if it is it, is no longer present in our company since November 2016. Having not updated his profile updated, some have wanted to make a connection with the Marina Workshops that can not exist. Namco is a company we have worked with and want to rework with, this is not currently the case for the launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. These rumors are therefore a discredit on our professionalism widely recognized, especially with respect to our commitments on confidentiality. We are currently contacting all these sites and Namco / Nintendo to remove this false information and assess the judicial follow-up. The Marina team."
Didn't matter. Turned out to be a different company anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Seems fair. Luckily WF is pretty low profile and relatively niche as far as companies go, so they won't have leakers make a beeline for them, not to mention that the majority of fake leakers have no faith in Shantae to begin with.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
From my understanding, this at least confirms that the Marina connection was outright false, so the entire leak needs to make an entirely new connection between the employee, the company, and Smash Ultimate in order to re-establish itself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9rb02w/liam_robertson_on_twitter_what_im_hearing_now_is/

Speculation is also turning towards the leaker faking this guys name to do it.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
But I censored it

And there was no picture I posted
It's just what happens, when you disrelish a character/their supporters, and express your feelings in an derogatory manner, in a public space...
Although, I may be doing something similar with you, now that I think about... oh well. :/

This entire thing could be handled differently, and in a much better way, I know. But, what you say sometimes is quite frankly wrong, and very disrespectful, and you don't seem to listen to anyone on how you could improve not even Teeb. You don't listen to advice, you don't listen to what we have to say you're doing wrong, you just ask for an apology, and go on, doing business as usual, as if nothing ever happened. I'm being harsh here, because I reckon it may be the only way to get into your head, to pierce your mind, so you can change, get better, so that nobody has to forcefully remove you from the premises. Nothing is working, it is so annoying. You have to change some aspects of yourself, Connor, or, you have to go. You must listen, it'll benefit everyone in the long run.

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
No one's been able to provide proof that this other company actually works for either Bandai Namco or Nintendo. The first company having worked for Bandai was one of the strongest pieces of evidence and now we know that they haven't even work with them since 2016.

I'm thinking it's possible that it was all faked, but the Grinch stuff is real.

...or hoping at least, as none of the newcomers in the leak really excite me.

Shark X

Smash Lord
No one's been able to provide proof that this other company actually works for either Bandai Namco or Nintendo. The first company having worked for Bandai was one of the strongest pieces of evidence and now we know that they haven't even work with them since 2016.

None of the newcomers period excite me. If the leak is real, I'll have to pass on the game, and get it if Shantae comes out as DLC at all.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Well, here's a possibility. They work at a printing company, right? How hard would it be to grab a Grinch poster alongside your fake leak? It seems like that whoever did the leak is really trying to work in the details to make themselves as legit as possible, assuming it is fake.

None of the newcomers period excite me. If the leak is real, I'll have to pass on the game, and get it if Shantae comes out as DLC at all.
The only two that excite me are Geno and Isaac. I never grew up with Banjo, never cared much for rhythm games, Mach Rider is a literal who for me, and Shadow is...Shadow.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, here's a possibility. They work at a printing company, right? How hard would it be to grab a Grinch poster alongside your fake leak? It seems like that whoever did the leak is really trying to work in the details to make themselves as legit as possible, assuming it is fake.

The only two that excite me are Geno and Isaac. I never grew up with Banjo, never cared much for rhythm games, Mach Rider is a literal who for me, and Shadow is...Shadow.
The only newcomer that excites me is Inkling. The one who had a 100% chance to be in the game. But I do feel good for the others who got their favorites in. All I'm hoping for at this point is that none of my faves are ATs so I can go for DLC.

I'd much rather this leak be real than Box Theory.
You said it. I'd rather all these guys, many of which would make other fans very happy, than just Ken (Granted he's in either way) and Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

You can just make a mii out of her if that happens like me:)

D

Deleted member

You know what's even better? You can chanhe the voices of the miis too, I heard the cutesy female one at e3. I just had to say that because no one seems to talk about that.
You’re right it won’t be a nobody anymore:)

Shark X

Smash Lord
You can just make a mii out of her if that happens like me:)
Yeah but one, I hate the existence of Mii's, two, Mii's aren't fun to play as, three, why would anyone make a mock of a character with a Mii? And four, Mii's are probably even LESS fun to play as this time around. I know Palutena won't be any good anymore since they took out all of her custom moves and left her with her terrible defaults.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey I'm still reading upon the last pages, but did anyone post this?

https://nintendosoup.com/alleged-su...r-leaker-says-he-is-unaware-of-the-situation/

"
French website Nintendo Actu has got into contact with Eric Bricard, whose name appeared on the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate final roster leak.

When asked whether he was aware of what’s going on on the Internet, Bricard claimed he’s completely unaware of the situation. In addition, he says that he has not been contacted by anybody, including his employer and former employer, about the leak.

This means that someone could have planted Bricard’s name into the photo, to make him seem to appear as the leaker, when he isn’t. No one knows what’s going on until Bricard’s current employer, ACP-PLV, comments on the situation.

"

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I AM YOU LORD!!!! YOU WILL ALL DO AS I SAY!!!!:demon::demon::demon:
I am at a loss for words. I put that as bluntly as I could. Read, what I said, and make an intelligent, response. For the love of god, listen.
Oh dear, that's a catastrophe. You wanna see MY Shantae Miis? ;)

I spent several days on the Rottytops one, had to get her details just right.

Top Bottom