• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, not exactly Shantae news (but could be down the line) Dataminers have found some virtual console data in the Switch eshop code, among it data for "SNES" "Gameboy" "Gameboy Color" "N64" "Gameboy Advanced" and "DS"

So, we could be getting a version of the Virtual console on Switch, which could mean a chance to play the original Shantae on the big screen (hopefully running under GBA emulation so you can access the tinkerbat dance)
No......game.......cube?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Oi, sorry to barge in..but you guys know that terminal cancer patient who was able to play smash ultimate before he dies? Well he died today(or yesterday?) Unfortunately. I'm glad he got a chance to finally play.
Gawds this is so depressing.

D

Deleted member

I doubt it.

I guarantee that Shantae is in the game as, at the very least, an AT. WayForward's silence is completely out-of-character for them and if Shantae truly wasn't in the game in any form, they would most likely clamor for her inclusion by at least re-tweeting Smash-related posts. There's no reason they wouldn't since it's good publicity to do so and they genuinely love their character.
Hey Jazzy Jinx Jazzy Jinx remember when you said this.....well look where we are now lol she is more than a plain ol npc trophy lol

D

Deleted member

Ok so I went deep in the thread and found this and Matt and Erin the only important people sakurai would contact got the rights of shantae on 12/17/15 the month the roster was finalized that makes you wonder huh?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

Ok so I went deep in the thread and found this and Matt and Erin the only important people sakurai would contact got the rights of shantae on 12/17/15 the month the roster was finalized that makes you wonder huh?
This is a great find. Seems even more evidence is turning up as time goes on.

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
Just a heads up, trademark renewals happen all the time and don't always coincide with anything other than the need to upkeep them. Remember there was a Golden Sun trademark around the same time of the last Nintendo Direct and there was nothing to go along with it.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Already knew about this.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Just watched a Game Theory about how Smash Bros is a metaphor for Sakurai and his experience with Nintendo characters. SSB is about a child playing with plushes and making them fight and the series grows up with him until SSB4 where the boss puts up a huge fight before accepting defeat like Sakurai not wanting to continue making games but succumbing to Nintendo demands. Now we potentially have spirits where he's actively trying to kill his creation. Dark

D

Deleted member

Just a heads up, trademark renewals happen all the time and don't always coincide with anything other than the need to upkeep them. Remember there was a Golden Sun trademark around the same time of the last Nintendo Direct and there was nothing to go along with it.
Oh really if it was then why was this 2 days after the video presentation and they could have just done it like before this happened so yeah there’s something going with this. Also the roster was finalized on December this year

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I love Connor's so called "sh*tposts" which I think bring a lot of life and consistancy to this thread, positivity, fun ect and I don't know what the hell did he do to annoy anyone.
It's also stuff like him repeating himself over and over and over again.

Things such as:

"but theres so much evedence she has to be a fighter"

"please say this leak is fake i want it to be fake"

"hollywood remember what you did to us"

"hey stephano we have too much evedence right"

It's just really annoying.
Anyway, I'm just gonna run away now before one of you pulls out a knife and stabs me.

D

Deleted member

It's also stuff like him repeating himself over and over and over again.

Things such as:

"but theres so much evedence she has to be a fighter"

"please say this leak is fake i want it to be fake"

"hollywood remember what you did to us"

"hey stephano we have too much evedence right"

It's just really annoying.
Anyway, I'm just gonna run away now before one of you pulls out a knife and stabs me.
Sorry

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Nintendo renew K. Rool's trademark around the same time and look where we are now. My God I think our girl is in. :)

Last edited:

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
It's linked in my signature. I'm not sure why you haven't been able to edit it, everyone else has,
Thanks I was able to edit it after installing Google sheets. I added a tinfoil hat theory. I'm loving all the information in here, it's like a gold mine. Btw is there a way can I get an uneditable link incase someone wants to see it?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
There is so much evidence now, she's got to be a fighter !! ^_^

Edit : but seriously, if after all these elements she is still not in the game in any way, I quit speculations forever xD ( easy to say )

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Well, let's not count our warbird eggs until they hatch. After all, Shantae is a notoriously bad egg sitter.

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
Oh really if it was then why was this 2 days after the video presentation and they could have just done it like before this happened so yeah there’s something going with this. Also the roster was finalized on December this year
Coincidence. Why was Bayonetta not trademarked recently before her inclusion in to Smash 4? Her last trademark was back in 2008.

D

Deleted member

Coincidence. Why was Bayonetta not trademarked recently before her inclusion in to Smash 4? Her last trademark was back in 2008.
They did the same with k rool and look where we are now so please back away from this thread because you don’t know much

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Nintendo renew K. Rool's trademark around the same time and look where we are now. My God I think our girl is in. :)
renewing of trademarks happen all the time. Even if the franchise isn't being used. so it could very easily mean nothing.

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
They did the same with k rool and look where we are now so please back away from this thread because you don’t know much
So why does your piece of evidence count but mine doesn't? There haven't been any filings for Bayonetta around her inclusion time, I can't find any for Metroid or Ridley, and nothing for Inklings or Splatoon either. Sorry that I don't like to engage in conspiracy theory but I'm not backing out of a thread for a character that I like and want in just because I'm not drinking the kool-aid juice everyone else is. I'm going to approach this thread rationally thank you very much.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
OMG a rottytops fight is starting x'D

Hey I'm not a frequent poster in this thread. Could you fill me in on the evidence?
I think you could learn most things from this video ( and its part 2 from the same channel ) :

I'm curious to know one's fresh and arbitrary opinion regarding all of this :)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
:(:(:(
I don’t hate you I like you please calm down and don’t hurt yourself I don’t want you to get any worse:(
From stage 2 to Stage 4. I don't know what happened but it seems that whatever happened it pissed the mention person off.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
If it was JUST jammies mode or If it was JUST way forwards silence. Or JUST shovel knight appearing imdie crossover fighting games but not shantae, or if was JUST Shantae getting trademarked the same year as K. Rool then it wouldnt mean anything.

All these things Individually could easily be chalked up to coincidence. But all these things stringed together cannot easily be dismissed as mere coincidence.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace

Was there one done for Shovel Knight around this time?

D

Deleted member

From stage 2 to Stage 4. I don't know what happened but it seems that whatever happened it pissed the mention person off.
It was a smash rookie that got me riled up because he acused my piece of evidence and it had nothing to do with dylly he’s a great person and friend and I don’t want it to get any worse and this thing can make coincidences Into evidence.

Also I’m so sorry dylly:(

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
This is so cool, just seeing our spreadsheet come together! Though once we do complete it at a certain point, we'll need to lock it to prevent mass vandalism. Maybe even make a backup on Excel or GitHub or something. Then showcasing it, we'll see how blindly hated it'll get :p

Last edited:

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Who were the ones that flushed out the timeline? It looks incredible! I would have never been able to find all of that. Good work guys!

SoupCanMafia SoupCanMafia Don't worry, I've been backing it up every couple of hours.

Last edited:

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
It was a smash rookie that got me riled up because he acused my piece of evidence and it had nothing to do with dylly he’s a great person and friend and I don’t want it to get any worse and this thing can make coincidences Into evidence.

Also I’m so sorry dylly:(
Are you seriously just going to ignore me and attack my character? That's pretty low bud.

If it was JUST jammies mode or If it was JUST way forwards silence. Or JUST shovel knight appearing imdie crossover fighting games but not shantae, or if was JUST Shantae getting trademarked the same year as K. Rool then it wouldnt mean anything.

All these things Individually could easily be chalked up to coincidence. But all these things stringed together cannot easily be dismissed as mere coincidence.
Out of all of these the only ones that have any merit are WF silence and potentially the Indie fighter thing. Jammies mode is reaching as the phrase ultimate is pretty common when making something that is the best, or am I to assume that Thanos will be in Smash since Marvel referred to Infinity Wars as the "ultimate" crossover? Mimic's final words could just be a hint to a new Shantae in general and might not have anything to do with Smash. The "Warning" screen is a reference to Blaster Master Zero boss fights, a simple google search would have revealed that to everyone in here. I bet you can find a ton of other Trademarks that were submitted the same year as K. Rool or Shantae, am I to assume that each of those trademarks mean they are in Smash? And what about characters like Bayonetta or Simon, I can't find any trade marks around the same time for their inclusion in either Smash 4 for Bayo's case and Ultimate in Simon's case. As for the Indie fighters, just because there are Indie fighters doesn't mean Shantae has to be in them, it is entirely possible that WF was never approached for their inclusion and that is why they she isn't in either of them.

Now that isn't to say that Shantae isn't in or can't be in. I feel WF's silence is pretty evident that she is in this game or that WF has some part in it in some capacity. The question is what level of inclusion? If anyone can provide me links to actual statements from Game devs saying they reached out to WF to include Shantae in their games I will give more credence to the Indie fighters thing but as it stands the only real pillar we have to stand on is WF's silence, everything else could just be coincidental. People can find connections in anything if they want something hard enough, think of all of the people who have found Jesus in any number of things from clouds to toast.

D

Deleted member

Guy I’m getting to exited about this are you?

Also that SK trademark was for his JP release and that shantae trademark wasn’t for Japan but for something else that got me exited

Top Bottom