• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Guys....what did the japanese version of Jammies Mode dialogue translate to in their version?
It translates to Ultimate, if you're wondering about the whole JP Name being Special.

I said it on GFAQs, it's a reference that could get lost in translation by the JP localizers and, if they (Wayforward) are under an NDA, may not have been privy to the JP name at the time. I stated earlier, Jammies mode was very likely about to go Gold around the time of Ultimate's official reveal. Either they Knew about Ultimate or it's a huge coincidence.

D

Deleted member

It translates to Ultimate, if you're wondering about the whole JP Name being Special.

I said it on GFAQs, it's a reference that could get lost in translation by the JP localizers and, if they (Wayforward) are under an NDA, may not have been privy to the JP name at the time. I stated earlier, Jammies mode was very likely about to go Gold around the time of Ultimate's official reveal. Either they Knew about Ultimate or it's a huge coincidence.
Coincidence?.....

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Yo WreckitRyan WreckitRyan , we just made your next video. We got all the information in one place. I present to you, the Shantae Spreadsheet (See Signature). Feel free to use it.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
@Connorb0t2 Stephano Stephano I have an alternate explanation for the Nindies post part of the spread-sheet. I wanted to run it by you and see what you think. Should I add it (or an altered version of it) in the same box or in an alternate and/or new one?

"The Super Smash Blog on the Smash website is updated everyday from Sunday to Thursday. Each of those blog posts has a number, most likely meant to indicate their placing in chronological order. There were two noticeable gaps: one week’s worth of posts due to the delayed Nintendo Direct, and two posts at around the time of the August Nindies Showcase: #120 and #121. Since the Nindies Direct, those two slots haven’t been filled. In addition, Nintendo used their “one last announcement” trick for a game that was nothing to write home about. This trick is usually used for big reveals or at the very least, something that couldn't have been reasonably saved for the end. Because of this, it is possible that an indie rep was meant to be revealed at the Nindies showcase. Could it have been her?"

Edit: Added it in as an alternate explanation. (In a separate box)

Last edited:

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
@Connorb0t2 Stephano Stephano I have an alternate explanation for the Nindies post part of the spread-sheet. I wanted to run it by you and see what you think. Should I add it (or an altered version of it) in the same box or in an alternate and/or new one?

"The Super Smash Blog on the Smash website is updated everyday from Sunday to Thursday. Each of those blog posts has a number, most likely meant to indicate their placing in chronological order. There were two noticeable gaps: one week’s worth of posts due to the delayed Nintendo Direct, and two posts at around the time of the August Nindies Showcase: #120 and #121. Since the Nindies Direct, those two slots haven’t been filled. In addition, Nintendo used their “one last announcement” trick for a game that was nothing to write home about. This trick is usually used for big reveals or at the very least, something that couldn't have been reasonably saved for the end. Because of this, it is possible that an indie rep was meant to be revealed at the Nindies showcase. Could it have been her?"
The whole blog post thing still confuses me and I have no idea what it’s suppose to mean. So..... ya go ahead.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Now, you see, I realised that all of my silly jokes didn't add anything to this thread, and were just a huge waste of space, and made people dislike me even more than they already do. Will you?
They didn't make anyone dislike you, Dyl. You were having fun and everyone was just trying to have fun back.

We're all friends here, so please don't worry about stuff like that.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Now, you see, I realised that all of my silly jokes didn't add anything to this thread, and were just a huge waste of space, and made people dislike me even more than they already do. Will you?
I get happy when I see you post. It makes this place more lively and easy going. Everyone here gets stressed really easily.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
They didn't make anyone dislike you, Dyl. You were having fun and everyone was just trying to have fun back.

We're all friends here, so please don't worry about stuff like that.
It was mostly me telling (not asking) connor to stop ****posting because it really pisses me off.

Well, looks like I have turned to the dark side now.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I've been thinking of the types of magic Shantae can use, along with the colors present in her design. The elements at her disposal match. First and most obviously there's fire, matching her red clothing, the most predominant color outside her purple hair (we'll get back to that in a moment). Next, there's her golden accessories, representing electricity. Finally there's the most subtle one: her blue eyes, representing water, which she uses as a shield.

That only leaves her purple hair. This is trickier, since unnatural hair color is not uncommon in Sequin Land. It could very well be nothing, but it may also the color of magic, plain & simple.

It was mostly me telling (not asking) connor to stop ****posting because it really pisses me off.

Do what I do, dylly. Hit that ignore button if a single person consistently bothers you for any reason.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone is ok, I don't think Connor is upset not were they trying to upset you.

It's ok if friends sometimes hey in each other's nerves. It's just part of human interaction.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But, MajestyIndigo, Nuke, Shark, Veodok, Shinuto don't. And nobody else really gives a damn.

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...
Look. We like your Rotty worship schtick, because passion for a character is always to be admired. But any joke, no matter how good, gets old fast if repeated too often. You cannot expect raucous laughter and applause every time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, exactly.

Thanks for proving my point even more. :)
It would be better if you stopped while you're ahead dylly (for now at least), not much good can come from where this could be heading now.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You shouldn't be.

Oh and look at me, bringing the whole thread down again. It seems that's what I do best, break people's spirits. Hopefully I go sooner rather than later, eh? If only it would hurry up!
Please check your pms.

Things will be ok. And there's enough positivity around for people to balance some things out. We can get back on track.
It's no worry.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Dyl, its really okay! Its good to hear from you again, and I think most of us can agree to that here. Best way I can say it, its incredibly hard to detect sarcasm through a text, so don't beat yourself down. We all miss ya man. Best way I can say it, is that nobody hates you for sharing how you feel (Your love for Rotty competes with my love for Pichu), and we had our slow days too. Sometimes we get off task.

But anyway, glad to have ya back man. Hope everything is getting better. It sounds like you're beating whatever the hell tried to take you down.

NukeA6

Smash Master
But, MajestyIndigo, Nuke, Shark, Connor, Veodok, Shinuto don't. And nobody else really gives a damn.

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...
Why oh why do you feel the need to beat yourself up? I even told you I had nothing against you.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

Hmm, I don't know about the phrase "go Gold" in terms of video games... I thought that was about selling a lot of titles, like soundtracks and albums?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
My guy, I will be honest with you, when I was younger I used to overpost in forums to nauseating amounts. Looking back on it, I wish I would have just stopped while I was ahead, to keep the forum on topic and to keep from drama starting and all. Nothing bad against you, but from someone who’s overposted before it’s best to just cool it a bit for now and come back later.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You shouldn't be.

Oh and look at me, bringing the whole thread down again. It seems that's what I do best, break people's spirits. Hopefully I go sooner rather than later, eh? If only it would hurry up!
Okay, hold on there buddy, do you even realize how many people here were wishing and hoping for you to get better and we’re sad to see that you might not be around much longer? I understand you were on death’s door not too long ago and I really hope you pull through, but you’re better than this kind of behavior. You’re not worthless or a waste of space. We want you to be here, so don’t you dare take all of this for granted.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Well, if I was.

I've stopped trying now.

Oh and report me if you want, I don't mind. I haven't brought anything to this thread anyway, I'm a waste of space here.
Nah. None of us are gonna report you if you haven't done anything man. Ya sound like you're in a depressive state, so I really recommend just cooling off. Get your head together.

Let me make this clear though: We are NOT telling you to leave forever. Just come back when you feel ready. You are a massive drive to this thread, whether you think so or not. Your love and positive attitude really kept us going. You may not think so, but it did. So, keep this in mind: We all love you man. We really do. But please, take your time. Ya sound depressed, and we can completely understand if you feel what you think is happening. But we all love you dude. We really do. Take some time to get your head together. Remind yourself that we don't hate you. And remind yourself that you mean a lot to us. Especially those from the Shantae AND Isaac thread. I believe the Geno thread too at one point.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Oh dang sorry didn’t realize stuff was so serious. Apologies if what I said earlier was any harsh at all, just didn’t want someone to go through same stuff I did in forums back in the day, though there’s some more serious stuff going on, my bad.

Love Shantae and even though I’ve lurked around smashboards for a while, y’all are great people. Hope whatever’s happening yall are doing well.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh dang sorry didn’t realize stuff was so serious. Apologies if what I said earlier was any harsh at all, just didn’t want someone to go through same stuff I did in forums back in the day, though there’s some more serious stuff going on, my bad.
No it's ok. It still applies. It's just the situation is more complicated :/

It's hard to convey to someone care, when they dont see it because they're hurt or worse.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My apologies if that came off a bit too harsh. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , I may not know how your condition is affecting you, but as someone else here with Asperger’s, I can understand where you are mentally, I can’t tell you how many times I was there when I was a teen. Don’t be afraid to take as much time as you need to recover and sort things out, we’ll all be here waiting for you.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My guy, I will be honest with you, when I was younger I used to overpost in forums to nauseating amounts. Looking back on it, I wish I would have just stopped while I was ahead, to keep the forum on topic and to keep from drama starting and all. Nothing bad against you, but from someone who’s overposted before it’s best to just cool it a bit for now and come back later.
This is good advice for everyone.

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy The next time you're about to post something self-deprecating, stop and just don't post instead. Seriously. It's better for you because you don't have to beat yourself up and it's better for us because we don't have to see you beating yourself up. If you need to talk with someone, I know there are people you can PM.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
*woops the thread is back at it, let's join the fun*

I love Connor's so called "sh*tposts" which I think bring a lot of life and consistancy to this thread, positivity, fun ect and I don't know what the hell did he do to annoy anyone.

And Dilly, I never stated that I dont like you. Answer to your PMs, I'm all ears.

EDIT : there is no one I dislike on this thread, I say it once and for all <3

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey guys, not exactly Shantae news (but could be down the line) Dataminers have found some virtual console data in the Switch eshop code, among it data for "SNES" "Gameboy" "Gameboy Color" "N64" "Gameboy Advanced" and "DS"

So, we could be getting a version of the Virtual console on Switch, which could mean a chance to play the original Shantae on the big screen (hopefully running under GBA emulation so you can access the tinkerbat dance)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
This situation reminds of a person being in either stage one or stage two. What I am talking about? Think of it like Majora's Mask. There is an underlining theme to that game. Basically either Clock Town or the Deku Nation to the South.

Anyway so how's everyone doing?

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
Pretty good waiting for the next speculation to pop up xD.

Btw can anyone link me to that Google doc that we can edit?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You shouldn't be.

No no, don't do that, taking yourself out is not the answer. Even N N. Onymous isn't that negative. Then we'd all feel awful for not doing anything about it.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oi, sorry to barge in..but you guys know that terminal cancer patient who was able to play smash ultimate before he dies? Well he died today(or yesterday?) Unfortunately. I'm glad he got a chance to finally play.

Top Bottom