• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to wish everyone in this powerhouse of a thread good luck from the Skull Kid thread! I've played Pirate's Curse and have wanted Shantae ever since. After reading some of the very compelling evidence (that Jammies dlc, Jesus, could you be anymore blatant?), I think Shantae has the best chance of any independent character to get in!

Also I've been wanting to pick up another game of hers, which one should I go for? I've only played Pirate's Curse.

Please do add me to the support list as well!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I am super duper offended that nobody cares about my totally not unfunny and totally not overused jokes. Looks I'm going to have to delete this account, change my name, run away from home, move to a new country and spend the rest of my days living out in the woods with a pack of wolves. Hope you are happy.
You can run.

But unless you can deny your love for Rottytops, you can never hide.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh, I guess I wondered into the Rick Astley support thread by mistake. If someone could point me to the Shantae thread please?
Oh, its right up your bum crack and to the left. Glad I could help.

You can run.

But unless you can deny your love for Rottytops, you can never hide.
I'll swear I'll think about her every single time I breath. The girl I loved oh so much. I know that I'll never be able to see her again, but she'll never be forgotten. I will still have those weird dreams about her and... can I just go and cry over in LaBeteNoire's mushroom house for a while.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Also I've been wanting to pick up another game of hers, which one should I go for? I've only played Pirate's Curse.
I'd recommend Half Genie Hero. It's not super duper tough (except for Beach mode, holy ****) but it's the prettiest one in the series with the most transformations and extras.

If you're looking for a more solid game though, Risky's Revenge got me into the series.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And here I thought things would calm down when the direct was back on.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Veodok posted fanart that's a cross of gardevoir and Shantae in another thread, it's both creepy and beautiful at the same time:
Mostly beautiful for this one:
You have no idea what you've just enlightened me to, do you?
There's some other ones from that artist, they're.. interesting :)

Last edited:

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
It's not super duper tough (except for Beach mode, holy ****)
Imma be real here; as much as I disliked the sunscreen timer in Beach mode, I really hated Officer mode. Dialogue was fun, gameplay was not.

Veodok posted a cross of gardevoir and Shantae in another thread, it's both creepy and beautiful at the same time:
I will fite u m8.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Veodok posted a cross of gardevoir and Shantae in another thread, it's both creepy and beautiful at the same time:
Mostly beautiful for this one:

There's some other ones from that artist, they're.. interesting :)
I posted the same one a few pages ago but it's always good to share things around.

Gardevoir is at it's best when it's a mix of creepy and beautiful, like the angels that inspired it. Not that 90% of art out there understand that.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Imma be real here; as much as I disliked the sunscreen timer in Beach mode, I really hated Officer mode. Dialogue was fun, gameplay was not.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

That was my favorite mode. Even had to pick up Mighty Switch Force afterwards. xD

(And the music is killer.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I posted the same one a few pages ago but it's always good to share things around.

Gardevoir is at it's best when it's a mix of creepy and beautiful, like the angels that inspired it. Not that 90% of art out there understand that.
I can't believe I missed it! I like both characters .
Sorry for reposting it. But yeah, they're great :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd recommend Half Genie Hero. It's not super duper tough (except for Beach mode, holy ****) but it's the prettiest one in the series with the most transformations and extras.

If you're looking for a more solid game though, Risky's Revenge got me into the series.
Bruh, you can float past tons of obstacles in Beach mode. If you know the levels it's not too hard at all. You want hard(Without being the self-explanatory Hard Core Mode)? Friends To The End. The tosses you're expected to pull late in that one are unbelievably unforgiving, and recovery is scarce throughout.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

That was my favorite mode. Even had to pick up Mighty Switch Force afterwards. xD

(And the music is killer.)
Ditto. Wish there was more meat on those games though...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Closing in on 200...

Anyway I knew that trick well since I actually check my links first as in check if the link actually goes to the link mentioned lol.

Well guys we are 21 hours left before the Direct. Final Bingo predictions? Mine are:

1. Shadow
2. Isabelle
3. Shantae
4. Issac
5. Geno
6. Incineroar

Damn didn't have enough wants lol.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman

I will fite u m8.
U wut?
Okay, I’ll admit, it was pretty tough and not as good as almighty switch force but I loved playing as Shantae instead of Pat. I like Pat but Shantae is better.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Bruh, you can float past tons of obstacles in Beach mode. If you know the levels it's not too hard at all. You want hard(Without being the self-explanatory Hard Core Mode)? Friends To The End. The tosses you're expected to pull late in that one are unbelievably unforgiving, and recovery is scarce throughout.
I'm the exploratory type though. So I always killed everything and examined every nook and cranny. I didn't have too many issues with Hardcore Mode or Friends to the End.

It is funny to see people's different experiences, though.~

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Closing in on 200...

Anyway I knew that trick well since I actually check my links first as in check if the link actually goes to the link mentioned lol.

Well guys we are 21 hours left before the Direct. Final Bingo predictions? Mine are:

1. Shadow
2. Isabelle
3. Shantae
4. Issac
5. Geno
6. Incineroar

Damn didn't have enough wants lol.
But didn't you hear? The direct is being delayed again because a rogue pulsar is going to completely vaporise the Earth. Nintendo have assured us however, that the delay will be shorter than the last one.

Last edited:

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
You want hard(Without being the self-explanatory Hard Core Mode)? Friends To The End. The tosses you're expected to pull late in that one are unbelievably unforgiving, and recovery is scarce throughout.
Honesty, gotta disagree (I swear I'm not a contrarian). I didn't really have much of a problem getting the tosses off in the final level, but I will say that the difficulty does spike there. Not really 'unforgiving', but significantly more challenging than the rest of the mode

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright, I think we've settled a bit :p
I forgot again about a new pokemon rep. I wonder if it's actually possible we won't get one in the base roster. I think it's possible now, since we have so many, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's a reveal soon.

I do think Isabelle is a strong chance for an echo tomorow,
but for an actual newcomer I feel like it's pretty open, and that makes me reeaally curious who it could be :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really like Officer Mode. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Mighty Switch Force music.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Alright, I think we've settled a bit :p
I forgot again about a new pokemon rep. I wonder if it's actually possible we won't get one in the base roster. I think it's possible now, since we have so many, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's a reveal soon.

I do think Isabelle is a strong chance for an echo tomorow,
but for an actual newcomer I feel like it's pretty open, and that makes me reeaally curious who it could be :)

I'm still set with Isabelle and Dixie announced as new echos at the same time around the halfway point. Then at the end we get the reveal trailer for either shantae or a pokemon(Hopefully Gardevoir)

... but what if... a trailer starts as a Gardevoir reveal(like with charizard in 4) then halfway it becomes also a trailer for shantae somehow lol

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It’s crazy how fast the supporter lists have grown along with the thread itself in such a short amount of time.

Either way, here’s my daily question: does anyone need to be added to the support list?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I just wanted to wish everyone in this powerhouse of a thread good luck from the Skull Kid thread! I've played Pirate's Curse and have wanted Shantae ever since. After reading some of the very compelling evidence (that Jammies dlc, Jesus, could you be anymore blatant?), I think Shantae has the best chance of any independent character to get in!

Please do add me to the support list as well!
Dude, MM is my favorite Zelda game to date (When BotW came out i had to really go deep into both to decide which was #1) and I would be so excited to have Skull Kid in the game. Thanks a lot for the show of good faith.

As for which game to try next... It's important to remember that Pirate's Curse is the one game that plays very differently from a traditional Shantae game as the plot of it has her magic powers taken away and she is forced to use other methods of defense/offense.

That said, they all have their qualities. The GBC game that you can get on the 3DS Virtual Console is worth while just to see all the things hey were able to do with Gameboy limitations. It's really impressive just how beautiful that game is and how much they were able to cram in there. That said it's a little unforgiving and getting from place to place can be a bit of a slog at times (savepoints from the VC help with the unforgiving part but not the travel)

Risky's Revenge will probably feel the most familiar to someone who played Pirate's Curse, but it's a bit short. If you go with that one i would say get the director's cut version on the Wii U (or Steam or wherever) as it improves on the DSi version available on the 3DS.

Half Genie Hero is probably the one you want to go with tho. It's jam packed with extra content and modes (including a mode where you play as Risky who functions like Shantae did in Pirate's Curse) and the music and visuals are just top notch.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Right now, lets put our poker face and wait to find out.

At this point, its anyone's game during the final stretch.

Made by RasenXoru

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm the exploratory type though. So I always killed everything and examined every nook and cranny. I didn't have too many issues with Hardcore Mode or Friends to the End.

It is funny to see people's different experiences, though.~
Well, with the main modes, the difficulty is kind of what you make it. Seek out/purchase and use all the upgrades and it becomes a breeze. Don't and they become harder than anything.

I really like Officer Mode. Maybe I'm just a sucker for Mighty Switch Force music.
The one that plays during the Tassel Tower sequence (hate that no matter what mode it is. Damn rubber-banding worm,,,) reminds me of Mario Strikers Charged sudden death music.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
mfw Shantae gets revealed tomorrow and the chair theory was 100% right

eyyy, you're using my pic :D
Is that Riku/Rika from Digimon Tamers?

Well, because of my antics, everyone has seemed to have put me on their ignore list, so I'm just gonna go and leave now. bye
Nah, we love you. There is just a lot on people's minds what with the direct getting so close.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If you "like" the OP then you'll get added. The TC is usually pretty busy with work.
I did that, twice. I even sent him a pm. Nothing.
I've let it go though, don't really care anymore.

Geno has a great chance now, regardless of support anyway :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd imagine this week's blog posts are irrelevant to the direct, since they were apparently meant to come the week after this one.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ryu is owned by Capcom...

Shantae's first game published by Capcom...

HMMMMM

I did that, twice. I even sent him a pm. Nothing.
I've let it go though, don't really care anymore.

Geno has a great chance now, regardless of support anyway :)
Oh well, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Don't know what's up then.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It’s crazy how fast the supporter lists have grown along with the thread itself in such a short amount of time.

Either way, here’s my daily question: does anyone need to be added to the support list?
R RetrogamerMax apparently. Posted just before you did.

Top Bottom