• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is it the calm before the storm so to speak. Tomorrow evening will change everything for someone's fav character.

My gut feeling just wont shut up about the strong possibility that Shantae is in smash. Personally it took my head awhile to believe that she had all of these small interesting things pointing her way and dang it I just want to root for her all the way! I'm going to go along with my gut to say that I think she is the next character revealed.

However it goes down I will support any characters that get in.
I don't think there's anyone from the list of most expected characters that I would be disappointed in seeing except maybe a pokemon. My personal hopes are Geno or Shantae, but there's tons of other characters I'd be happy to see. I still hold firm in that I think Shantae would most likely be revealed at the beginning of a focused smash direct where Sakurai has time to talk about her series and potential stage/items etc. but I'd be pleasantly surprised to see her during this direct.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It’s crazy how fast the supporter lists have grown along with the thread itself in such a short amount of time.

Either way, here’s my daily question: does anyone need to be added to the support list?
Me. Not sure how I'm not already on it from the Sm4sh days, but hey, things were crazy back then too...nowhere NEAR this crazy though! :D

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Regarding echo fighters, I feel that they're gonna withhold them until a Smash-Focused direct, unless they put them in a Newcomer Reveal Trailer, like Richter. Could be wrong though, but I just don't see them doing "here are some new Echo Fighters" during a normal Direct.
I mean that's kind of what they did for Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus. I could see them just dropping Isabelle as an echo fighter for smash during their Animal Crossing presentation like, "Oh, by the way, enjoy playing Isabelle as an echo fighter of Villager in smash kthx bye."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I am gonna call it a night, but not before I show this. This video really needs more attention, and the amount of hype in it is fitting for the evening before a direct that we know there is gonna contain a reveal.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I mean that's kind of what they did for Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus. I could see them just dropping Isabelle as an echo fighter for smash during their Animal Crossing presentation like, "Oh, by the way, enjoy playing Isabelle as an echo fighter of Villager in smash kthx bye."
I said during a normal direct. I do think they're gonna do it again, but just not tomorrow.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
ShantaeFast.gif

When shantae gets announced heavy metal will intensify and faces will melt and this genie will dance her way to victory

D

Deleted member

I hate to rain on your parade (note: this has nothing to do with her chances) but gamefaqs are just treating her like trash Take a look:crying:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah...I figured that must have been what happened with the Nindies video.

As for Isabelle, whether she's in as an Echo or not is a toss-up to me at this point. She seems a bit too "special" for her to get that position, as far as popularity and marketing goes.
I agree 100%. I think she's too big of a deal to be just an echo. With her being DLC for MK8 Deluxe and Monster Hunter, she seems too important to just be an echo

Shadowknight1

Yeah... right... coincidence. Am I the only one who thinks there’s a bit to much of that for it to just be coincidences at this point?
At a certain point, coincidence stops being coincidence. I know I've heard someone say something to that effect, but the closest quote I can remember is from V for Vendetta: "It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence." Or perhaps, more fittingly, "There are no coincidences. Only the illusion of coincidence."

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
As cool as the idea of Shantae being revealed in an indie Direct is, I doubt it will ever happen (or was ever planned to happen). The reason that Nintendo does Directs specifically for indies is so they won't have the spotlight stolen by bigger games. Having a reveal for Smash of all things would take all of the attention from the indie games that the indie Directs are supposed to be about.
And yet they had no problem having their bigger games steal the spotlight in their E3 presentation.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I hate to rain on your parade (note: this has nothing to do with her chances) but gamefaqs are just treating her like trash Take a look:crying:
That crying Shantae though. I hope tomorrow they are all proven wrong. I’ll wear my Shantae shirt tomorrow for good luck. (I can’t wear that thing in public lol.)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Regarding echo fighters, I feel that they're gonna withhold them until a Smash-Focused direct, unless they put them in a Newcomer Reveal Trailer, like Richter. Could be wrong though, but I just don't see them doing "here are some new Echo Fighters" during a normal Direct.
I could see them announcing one Echo fighter, similar to the E3 direct

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
And yet they had no problem having their bigger games steal the spotlight in their E3 presentation.
But that's E3, you're supposed to bring out your big guns there. A Smash reveal would be completely inappropriate for an indie showcase considering that those studios don't have anywhere near the advertising budget as the bigger games.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I don't see why just because if she was announced for Smash during a Nindie Direct, all the other games would be ignored. Marth and Roy appeared in Smash but did I ever play Fire Emblem? No.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Well they aren't going to not show off their biggest titles during one of the largest gaming conferences in the world... There's a big difference between an E3 direct broadcast and an indie direct.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I saw that topic, it's a lot of bull tbh, i don't think they'd do that to isaac fans either.

I think Shantae will be in but not like that
Now that I think about it, yeah this had that feeling of starting a fan war between two fandoms if this happened.

NukeA6

Smash Master
They are exactly the reason why I hope Bandana Dee, Shadow the Hedgehog, Dixie Kong, and Skull Kid (the most wanted of all those trolls) are assist trophies. I can't wait to tag one of them to close his account (he did bet Shantae wouldn't be in Smash).

Meanwhile, don't give those clowns any reason to think Shantae deserves to be hit with the axe because they like to grab every inch of "proof" of her fanbase being Sonic levels of bad.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I saw that topic, it's a lot of bull tbh, i don't think they'd do that to isaac fans either.

I think Shantae will be in but not like that
Maybe not in that way... but I honestly don’t see Isaac getting in regardless. Not enough is lining up for him. (Sorry Isaac fans, btw this is just an instinct/gut feeling. Anything could happen, but I don’t think he made it)
They are exactly the reason why I hope Bandana Dee, Shadow the Hedgehog, Dixie Kong, and Skull Kid (the most wanted of all those trolls) to be assist trophies.
wow. Low blow to the huge Dixie fan base outside of gameFAQs.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Maybe not in that way... but I honestly don’t see Isaac getting in regardless. Not enough is lining up for him. (Sorry Isaac fans, btw this is just an instinct/gut feeling. Anything could happen, but I don’t think he made it)

wow. Low blow to the huge Dixie fan base outside of gameFAQs.
I would honestly rather have a remaster of the Golden Sun games first, then bring him to Smash.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Not the same thing at all. Indie Directs are specifically made so that indie games (games which would otherwise be ignored in favor of more exciting announcements) can be in the spotlight without something bigger stealing their thunder. E3 is the premier video game showcase, and you are supposed to show off your biggest and best announcements (like Smash) there.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
*Nintendo Direct starts up*

*Shot of Iwata standing in white room*

*He knowingly winks at the camera, and a red circle closes in around his face*

*35 minutes of echo fighter Shadow the Hedgehog gameplay*

Last edited:
Top Bottom