• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As much as I love Rotty, that race in the first game was a nightmare! It took me about 10 times to master it. Please don't tell her I said that...
Don’t even worry about it, that race took me at least twice as long, (Also, the ending when Rotty collided with the tree, I’m reminded of that scene from Spongebob when Patrick crashes into a sand hill and his limbs fly off and I can’t help but imagine the same thing happening to her)

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
As much as I love Rotty, that race in the first game was a nightmare! It took me about 10 times to master it. Please don't tell her I said that...
right as you're about to pass by Risky (if I remember correctly) with Risky ahead of you, turn around in mid-air after jumping so when you hit the wall at the end youre facing to the left.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I know this is a super stupid question to ask, and very irrelevant, but do you guys dislike me? I'm just very immature and quite annoying, and bringing up the same things constantly. This is the only place where I feel comfortable talking about what I like, because I have absolutely no other people to talk to (and the people i care about the most are my two lovely felines and a zombie) but if none of you are happy with my presence here, I'll go somewhere else.
You are welcome here as much as anyone. Please don't let that worry you. And please continue to be active on here. You are doing your part in making this board as fun as it is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thought I’d share something I rediscovered while looking through my old drawings earlier. I completely forgot that I made this:

16E90675-15B0-4910-B5BF-B22F1C5BD3C7.jpeg

So, uh...context...yeah. So I made this back when LEGO Dimensions was still a thing and being a fan of massive crossovers, (I mean look at where we are) there was a lot of franchises I wanted to see make it in that game before it was canned. Even though I knew it was a looooong shot and I never included on any wishlists I shared with anyone, I still thought this would’ve been a cool series to incorporate in that game.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Thought I’d share something I rediscovered while looking through my old drawings earlier. I completely forgot that I made this:

View attachment 163521

So, uh...context...yeah. So I made this back when LEGO Dimensions was still a thing and being a fan of massive crossovers, (I mean look at where we are) there was a lot of franchises I wanted to see make it in that game before it was canned. Even though I knew it was a looooong shot and I never included on any wishlists I shared with anyone, I still thought this would’ve been a cool series to incorporate in that game.
That is very well done and I would personally love some official Shantae Lego sets.

grizby2

Smash Lord

View attachment 163521

I like it. I think LEGO and shantae would share the same type of humor actually!

to all of you here, is there anyone besides me that wants to record their own reaction to the Nintendo direct? i think id be a fun little suicide pact activity.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I like it. I think LEGO and shantae would share the same type of humor actually!

to all of you here, is there anyone besides me that wants to record their own reaction to the Nintendo direct? i think id be a fun little suicide pact activity.
I already planned on it lol. I recorded my reaction to the nindies in March and the Smash Direct in August. Would've gotten the E3 one too, but I hit my shortcut for pausing the recording on accident at the beginning.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thank you. Back then I worked on ideas for her full representation and moveset in that game just like I’m doing here. I think a lot of her abilities and humor would've translated well into that game.

Actually, imagine if the first official 3D model of Shantae would be of her as a LEGO minifigure instead of something like Smash as well as be the first time she met Sonic, wouldn’t that be something?

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Wow okay guys
First: Calm Down
Second: Breath in and out for a minute thinking of Shantae Dancing in your minds
Third: Think for a moment the NCC doesn't prevent her from being in other types of fighters, just the platform crossover fighting ones. Basically it's the same situation with Solid Snake back in Brawl. PSAS couldn't get Snake because that game was the same type of gameplay as Smash Bros so the NCC would have prevented him in it(which is why they got Raiden instead).
Fourth: Unless WayForward replies to them(which they haven't yet) do not worry about it.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
I think you guys are forgetting that this whole NCC thing was made up by us as fan theory to why she hasn't appeared in other indie fighting games and we have no real evidence to suggest that her possible inclusion in them, or lack thereof, has any real bearing on whether she can appear in smash or not as a fighter.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Wow okay guys
First: Calm Down
Second: Breath in and out for a minute thinking of Shantae Dancing in your minds
Third: Think for a moment the NCC doesn't prevent her from being in other types of fighters, just the platform crossover fighting ones. Basically it's the same situation with Solid Snake back in Brawl. PSAS couldn't get Snake because that game was the same type of gameplay as Smash Bros so the NCC would have prevented him in it(which is why they got Raiden instead).
Fourth: Unless WayForward replies to them(which they haven't yet) do not worry about it.
What is this "NCC thing" anyways?

This thread moves so fast I swear I'm never in the loop.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Non-compete clause. Basically, it's part of a legal contract that prevents one entity(usually an employee) from using assets/knowledge gained from working with another entity(usually the employer) to directly compete with them for some fixed amount of time. In the case of Shantae, a theoretical NCC would be to prevent Wayforward from putting Shantae into other fighting games that might draw people to that game instead of smash.

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
You're all way too fragile. WF hasn't even responded to this tweet. I get that emotions are high, but seriously, chill. Speculating every tweet is not going to be helpful.
think of it this way. Regardless of the percentages we put on her inclusion it's, in reality, already determined. Freaking out whenever WF sneezes is not helpful. Just be positive.
She deserves to be in, right? Let that be your motivation to derail the negativity train.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
You're all way too fragile. WF hasn't even responded to this tweet. I get that emotions are high, but seriously, chill. Speculating every tweet is not going to be helpful.
think of it this way. Regardless of the percentages we put on her inclusion it's, in reality, already determined. Freaking out whenever WF sneezes is not helpful. Just be positive.
She deserves to be in, right? Let that be your motivation to derail the negativity train.
I don't think there's anything wrong with negativity, or even dissenting opinions. It's all speculation to me.

That said, WF didn't reply so I'm not worried at all.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I will say, if the direct is on Thursday, it will likely delay the Shantae rate their chances, since the Geno and BK day has gotten an extra day and that knocks the schedule around.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a scale of 1 to Canary Mary, how tough is it?

I'm the only other one here that's chill. Then again, I don't support just one character.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's anything wrong with negativity, or even dissenting opinions. It's all speculation to me.

That said, WF didn't reply so I'm not worried at all.
I agree. Sometimes positivity can be delusional and negativity can be realism depending on the lips that day then and the ears who hear them. I think we just need a healthy balance and a thread full of people who have only shown leanings to one side at a time is not really the best place to flex that muscle. I'm just saying that it's already been decided on whether or not she'll be in. Only time will tell and everything we do in between is only stressing us out.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Can't remember, but I imagine it wasn't that many, since I played plenty of N64 games back then. :p
Well for me, Canary Mary is the reason I'll never be able to 100% Banjo Tooie. It's just too hard! But I do suck at video games, so it's probably just my lack of skill. If you were able to beat Canary Mary, you can conquer any obstacle life throws at you. You'll beat the Rottytops race without giving it a second thought, I assume.

i don't suck at video games that much. i have beaten battletoads.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well for me, Canary Mary is the reason I'll never be able to 100% Banjo Tooie. It's just too hard! But I do suck at video games, so it's probably just my lack of skill. If you were able to beat Canary Mary, you can conquer any obstacle life throws at you. You'll beat the Rottytops race without giving it a second thought, I assume.

That depends, trial and error usually happens on my part. At other times, I can do things like the regular version of Grannies World Tour on one try, so it's 50/50.

That said, I'll be off to work now, so hype responsibly.

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet

I found going at an average speed during the 2nd match against canary mary then speeding up near the end helps. She kinda rubber bands a bit.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Oh we are talking about Canary Mary? Man, I thought she was just hot air from peoples stories...I was wrong when I raced her at Cloud Cuckoo Land. Oooh, my thumbs.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Still no news on the Direct. I'm guessing if we don't hear anything from Nintendo today then we won't get it tomorrow.

As I said before, don't put all your hopes in this Direct. If she's not shown here, Shantae still has a chance.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Still no news on the Direct. I'm guessing if we don't hear anything from Nintendo today then we won't get it tomorrow.

As I said before, don't put all your hopes in this Direct. If she's not shown here, Shantae still has a chance.
I am 100% sure the direct is tommorow, and we should hear about it in a few hours

zferolie

Smash Hero
Last week they announced it around 10 EST. I would guess it would be the same again

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh, i am not sure if people said this, but not only did we get music to, but also ice climber stage on the site. a surprise double post it seems huh?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ah ok, my bad,

But what number is the stage in the code? I know the pikman music skipped some days, did the stage as well?
According to sourcegaming, https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1039791700061769728, the post was 141, one of the ones skipped.

Edit: Bad news, it means we're less likely to get something (more than just 1 fighter) at the direct. Good news: It means all of those missing slots WILL be filled, including those two suspicious slots right by the Indies direct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom