• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Considering the large amount of skipped blog posts, I’ll say the next character is definitely from a new franchise. A veteran would most likely not come with a stage or extra stuff to talk about.

Edit: Oh nice Direct same time tomorrow. Let’s go people!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
According to sourcegaming, https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1039791700061769728, the post was 141, one of the ones skipped.

Edit: Bad news, it means we're less likely to get something (more than just 1 fighter) at the direct. Good news: It means all of those missing slots WILL be filled, including those two suspicious slots right by the Indies direct.
Thanks.

I think this solidifies the 1 newcomer and 2 echos idea. Newcomer could be a pokemon or a new franchise. Franchise works because there is spaces for the music or stage, on one of the days, plus spots for the 2 echos as well(I don't think dixie would get a japanese memories, as K rool covers that right? Isabelle could though as I don't think villager got their character shown yet.

I am sure we will get either shantae or a pokemon.

And speak of the devil, tweet is life

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I was getting worried, but the rumors are true!

Fingers crossed for a Shantae reveal tomorrow, but as long as she's not deconfirmed, there's no reason to give up hope if she doesn't show up tomorrow.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Okay guys it's that time once again(again lol) for the Nintendo Direct. We were delayed a week so now tomorrow at 6 PM EST(Eastern Standard Time) we will know more information about the Nintendo Online, games for the 3DS and Nintendo Switch and most definitely hear about some more info(whether fighter or other) about Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Stay tuned for we have less than 32 hours to go.

#ShantaeForSmash

VizardJeffhog

Smash Cadet
NNID
VizardJeffhog
The way I see it, we'll definitely get at least one newcomer reveal for tomorrow. I wouldn't expect a Pokémon newcomer announcement until closer to Let's Go's release in November, so here's what I'm predicting:

1. Expected: Elma. With Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country dropping next week, this Direct would be the absolute perfect time to announce a Xenoblade newcomer. Barring a possible Greninja-type scenario with Rex, my money is on Elma for the base roster, who recently made it into XC2 as a special guest Blade with her own reveal trailer.
  2. Surprise: Isaac. I don't feel he'd be perfect for a final reveal, compared to the likes of Geno, but newcomers from dormant and low-billing Nintendo IPs nonetheless make some of the best surprises on the road towards a new Smash game, like Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.
  3. Dark Horse: Shantae. With everything we've discussed here, all the mysterious signs and behaviour from WayForward that all but SCREAM they're under NDA, it's almost a guarantee that our favourite half-genie hero will star in Ultimate in some form. I say "dark horse" in her case because she's not too well known and many don't expect her to make it in, but with what we've seen, she might just make top billing as a new fighter!
As things stand, I'm sticking by my initial prediction from last week!

zferolie

Smash Hero
As things stand, I'm sticking by my initial prediction from last week!
Honestly I see Pokemon more likely then Elma, but will take either honestly. Elma I really want but I'm getting more and more worried shes not in. Thinking we only have 5 more newcomers hurts my chances of seeing her (As a pokemon and a retro I still feel is likely, Shantae I still hope for, either Geno or Slime from Dragon quest, and last would be Isaac or rayman.) Hard to replace anyone there with Elma, unless we don't get a pokemon or a retro (or maybe Isaac counts as the retro, would be odd though)

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So glad the direct is finally confirmed. Knowing that one is gonna happen and not knowing when is a bit too stressful to deal with.

D

Deleted member

Considering the large amount of skipped blog posts, I’ll say the next character is definitely from a new franchise. A veteran would most likely not come with a stage or extra stuff to talk about.

Edit: Oh nice Direct same time tomorrow. Let’s go people!
Could it be her?

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully we'll get some meaty smash info to chew on at the very least if not a straight up Shantae reveal.
The wait is just getting a bit.... too much.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I can't believe Sakurai is going to cause another earthquake tomorrow just so he can lie about Wurmple in smash.

D

Deleted member

Do You feel weird that they did a fake out in the nindies showcase?

D

Deleted member

At the end of the Nindies direct, they did the 'we have one more announcement' thing, which felt so much like a Smash announcement.
Then they announced Into the Breach......
And in that website data two sections were missing right before the nindies direct

They could have swapped it out

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah that Nindies direct end was such a heart stopping tease. I couldn't take it haha.

So I am feeling that Shantae, or a new series rep, could be highly likely tommorow. As much as a pokemon. the 3 blog posts on that day could be teasing a reveal trailer, a character spot light, and a Memory in japan. However newcomers haven't always gotten memories, like Ridley never got one, or Inkling, or Chrom. Plus a lot of character spot lights didn't have a memory always tied to it. So that last one may not be a memory, but maybe music if a new series.

honestly if a pokemon was shown I doubt the would get a memory. Only pokemon that would I feel would be pikachu or mewtwo. Gardevoir or a gen 7 pokemon I don't think would.

As for Shantae, I could see her getting either a memory or a music track. heck, its possible to get both, since there were 4 missing slots there(though bowser was moved into that 4th suggesting that was sundays not thursdays one), but even then the music could have been shown later?

Gah over thinking everything!!!

And in that website data two sections were missing right before the nindies direct

They could have swapped it out
Prime tin foil hat talk here, but maybe originally they wanted shantae then, but Sakurai wasn't finished with her reveal, so pushed it back, but the website may have still be set for her partially at the time

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
With the direct announcement I thought to pass around again to wish you so much luck with Shantae tomorrow!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
My gut is saying October reveal for Shantae honestly. There's zero evidence backing this up; it's just a feeling.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: they finally announced the new date for the Direct, which ultimately turned out to be a week delay. Still, despite me not necessarily being too thrilled about the new date because it falls on the one day I have a night class right after the direct, I should still be able to watch it live and even upload my reaction if there's enough time.

Let's hope for the best tomorrow, fellow Shantae supporters!

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I noticed that one of the blog posts intended for the post-reveal of the newcomer was the Toon Link FotD entry. Maybe he’s involved in the reveal trailer? And he would be very fitting for a potential Shantae trailer.

Top Bottom