• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
But seriously, people need to chill the hell out. It's not bringing anything positive to the thread when every other second somebody is freaking out
It's kinda funny in a way.
I suppose that's positive. :troll:

but this is literally every single day now. People ready to jump ship at the drop of a hat
Anything that could threaten any theory being seen as instant deconfirm. I've said this before but a fan made theory is not going to bend space and time so that Shantae ceases to exist.

Well now I just ****** hate you for reminding me of Barney.
What did Barney do to you?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
When was Nicalis' tweet about Shantae anyway ,cause they couldnt talk about her if she was being talked to get in.
It's kinda funny in a way.
I suppose that's positive. :troll:

Anything that could threaten any theory being seen as instant deconfirm. I've said this before but a fan made theory is not going to bend space and time so that Shantae ceases to exist.

What did Barney do to you?
He had songs that got stuck in my head.

Last edited:

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
I have to look at this NCC/NDA crap almost every single ****ing night. C'mon people, stop losing your heads over some simple Tweets. What will be gained by it, what will be lost? Well looks like I'm restarting my hiatus, I really need a breather.

i also never liked barney
Losing our heads like...

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Why do I imagine Rotty would say "come on guys, no need to lose your head!" while currently decapitated?

headlessrotty.png

I feel like this is fitting btw ^ xD

EDIT: Had to fix the image

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Actually, I have a little scenario for you guys. What would happen should have Capcom acquired the rights to Shantae off WayForward or, heck, go full EA and acquire WayForward themselves? Mean, would Shantae as we know it even exist? Would she be a guest character for some Marvel V. Capcom? The mysteries of the universe, I tells yas...
And I meant like back in 2002, after Shantae was released, because through some black magic, Capcom found out that Shantae will become viable in around 2014 or something like that, not necessarily now since they've long passed up on the opportunity.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Honestly, I'd be fine with Shantae in Blade Strangers. More Shantae in anything is always welcome!

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Actually, I have a little scenario for you guys. What would happen should have Capcom acquired the rights to Shantae off WayForward or, heck, go full EA and acquire WayForward themselves? Mean, would Shantae as we know it even exist? Would she be a guest character for some Marvel V. Capcom? The mysteries of the universe, I tells yas...
I can see that happening if they won her rights. But there is also the possibility that she could be simply a forgotten gem in Capcoms vault. Never to be touched upon again. Who knows? It can easily become the butterfly effect with her if Capcom still owned her.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hiiii.
I didn't realize there were so many sensitive here, to be spooked by a tweet that only is posing the question of which characters could be added to the game. People want Shantae for it too, but they don't know about all the smash-related stuff. It doesn't change anything unless they'd hint at shantae being a next character, which they definitely didn't do.

But listen, I think it's cool that you all care about shantae that much that you'd be attached to what we've talked about and don't want the logic to be broken. But it's not broken, and even if it was we'd assess the damage and support her and see what her chances are still.

Anyway, thanks for showing me you care. Now how about a little trust, just a little is fine :)

:reverse:

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
If Shantae gets into Blade Strangers (which I hope she does actually) that doesn't change a thing. This is the point where I think some people are buying into their theories a bit too much. Panicking off of the assumption of an NCC when it's little more than a theory based on another theory regarding her guest appearances is a bit much don't you think? This is why I don't think people should invest too much in these theories. They're fun and interesting speculation sure, but the number of people freaking out because they've convinced themselves she's a lock are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

There's a possibility that she'll get in. Great. But as of now there's an equal chance that she won't be despite anything we may see as hints or evidence. It'll be disappointing, but it's better to be prepared for that than to take everything thus far as a sure fire "She's definitely in!".

Just support and speculate responsibly peeps.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Shantae gets into Blade Strangers (which I hope she does actually) that doesn't change a thing. This is the point where I think some people are buying into their theories a bit too much. Panicking off of the assumption of an NCC when it's little more than a theory based on another theory regarding her guest appearances is a bit much don't you think? This is why I don't think people should invest too much in these theories. They're fun and interesting speculation sure, but the number of people freaking out because they've convinced themselves she's a lock are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

There's a possibility that she'll get in. Great. But as of now there's an equal chance that she won't be despite anything we may see as hints or evidence. It'll be disappointing, but it's better to be prepared for that than to take everything thus far as a sure fire "She's definitely in!".

Just support and speculate responsibly peeps.
Well it would matter to one part of the longer theory, which is that she has more clauses to her inclusion (in terms of the agreements) compared to Shovel Knight. Non-compete clauses (or agreements) are actually normal in lots of different businesses, and while it's not that much of an increase in her chances in being in smash, it does raise it for her being playable, since the agreement we're talking about would explain why she hasn't been in any of the indie fighting games, and would only make sense if nintendo wanted the agreement to secure her uniqueness in smash, at least for some years.

Now that you know that, it explains a bit why people were freaking out right? I mean it doesn't excuse it, because she could still be in smash, especially thanks to the smash ballot, but some people put a lot into it, is what I can gather. It shows how badly some people want her in smash.

I want her pretty badly in smash, but I'm a little more calm about it maybe :p

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Seriously, can we stop jumping ship as soon as we see a tweet? Shantae's chances this evening are the exact same as they were this morning. A speculative tweet that didn't even mention Shantae changes absolutely nothing.

The negativity that comes around literally every day does not contribute anything to this thread. It just brings the rest of us down.

I get being pessimistic, but to constantly go through these bouts of negativity frankly gets frustrating to deal with every few pages. This needs to stop.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well it would matter to one part of the longer theory, which is that she has more clauses to her inclusion (in terms of the agreements) compared to Shovel Knight. Non-compete clauses (or agreements) are actually normal in lots of different businesses, and while it's not that much of an increase in her chances in being in smash, it does raise it for her being playable, since the agreement we're talking about would explain why she hasn't been in any of the indie fighting games, and would only make sense if nintendo wanted the agreement to secure her uniqueness in smash, at least for some years.

Now that you know that, it explains a bit why people were freaking out right? I mean it doesn't excuse it, because she could still be in smash, especially thanks to the smash ballot, but some people put a lot into it, is what I can gather. It shows how badly some people want her in smash.

I want her pretty badly in smash, but I'm a little more calm about it maybe :p
I'm more or less in the same boat. Shantae is my most wanted character, but I'm not going to be super bummed if she's not in because I don't expect her to be. I get the idea behind the NCC and how that might be why WF has refrained from putting her in Blade Strangers, Indie Pogo, Rivals of Aether, etc. My point was that while it could throw a wrench in the overarching theory that's been put together, it's not the final nail in the coffin of a deconformation.

We don't know the details of the development of these other games with our only indication of anything is Nicalis' tweet expressing interest in having Shantae in Blade Strangers. She's not in the base game, but they could very well be in talks with WF to maybe get her in as DLC. The Indie Pogo and RoA devs may not have approached WF for Shantae. And if they did, Smash isn't the only reason as to why WF may have declined if they were offered. The details we have are too few and too vague to be jumping to such drastic conclusions is more of what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, can we stop jumping ship as soon as we see a tweet? Shantae's chances this evening are the exact same as they were this morning. A speculative tweet that didn't even mention Shantae changes absolutely nothing.

The negativity that comes around literally every day does not contribute anything to this thread. It just brings the rest of us down.

I get being pessimistic, but to constantly go through these bouts of negativity frankly gets frustrating to deal with every few pages. This needs to stop.
Seriously, I'm actually less confident in her odds overall than most others here (I'm of the mindset that nothing is a lock until it's all over) but seriously guys, until we see something that solidly points to deconfirmation there's nothing worth getting worried over. Just indulge in the joy of Smash speculation, we only get to enjoy it once a console generation!

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I know this is a super stupid question to ask, and very irrelevant, but do you guys dislike me? I'm just very immature and quite annoying, and bringing up the same things constantly. This is the only place where I feel comfortable talking about what I like, because I have absolutely no other people to talk to (and the people i care about the most are my two lovely felines and a zombie) but if none of you are happy with my presence here, I'll go somewhere else.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I feel that we should just report these things or find a way to negate these things, because if we don't, we as a collective will die in the same swamp that Artax died in. Like, holy crap, either don't post this type of schmuck or... well, that's it, really! Just use common sense and don't post stuff that will only bring more negativity because you think that she's a lock when she has a chance to not be playable! Shocking, isn't it?
Author's note, even though I put my chances for Shantae higher up, I do recognize that she can be glossed over or "unrealizable to a fighter prospective" by Sakurai and Team.

I know this is a super stupid question to ask, and very irrelevant, but do you guys dislike me? I'm just very immature and quite annoying, and bringing up the same things constantly. This is the only place where I feel comfortable talking about what I like, because I have absolutely no other people to talk to (and the people i care about the most are my two lovely felines and a zombie) but if none of you are happy with my presence here, I'll go somewhere else.
Nah, you're pretty good on here. At least unlike some people on here, you don't just post tweets and have some ****ty sentence that's like "Uh, guys? You're gonna want a look at this!" when it's just WF liking a piece of fan art or Nicalis going all like "Gee wilikers, I sure do hope Shantae can come to our game!" You actually give us pretty good joy.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Seriously, I'm actually less confident in her odds overall than most others here (I'm of the mindset that nothing is a lock until it's all over) but seriously guys, until we see something that solidly points to deconfirmation there's nothing worth getting worried over. Just indulge in the joy of Smash speculation, we only get to enjoy it once a console generation!
We should also consider that no character is an absolute 100% lock either despite whatever evidence there might be for them. Even popular choices like Geno and Issac aren't certain due to things such as legal issues.

Shantae does have more speculative evidence than most characters and out of all the third party characters and she probably would be the easiest character to get. Right now I'm 50/50 and Blade Strangers changes nothing.

No matter what characters we support, we also shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket for this Direct. It's almost positive that there will be another Smash Direct in November and potential random character reveal drops before that. It's not over until it's over. Stop giving up hope like the drop of a hat.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I know its late, bit I figured we could have a little fun to past the time.

This is a list if Smash Fighters were to eat at McDonalds. Where is your Sm4sh Main standing, and where do you think Shantae lands?

If you don't eat at McDonalds, thats fine too. Just thought we can do a lil something to past the time.

EDIT:

You're absolutely fine. We're all just impatient, tbh. Its understandable. To me, at least.

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Well I think I can speak for everyone here that nobody hates you or thinks ill of you in any regard. If you care about cats and zombies don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The internet is a place where anybody and everybody can be a part of something including you. So don't be afraid to express yourself because people are more accepting then they let on.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well I think I can speak for everyone here that nobody hates you or thinks ill of you in any regard. If you care about cats and zombies don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The internet is a place where anybody and everybody can be a part of something including you. So don't be afraid to express yourself because people are more accepting then they let on.
That's not exactly what I meant but okay. The bit about my cats was true, they're my two best friends (it's sad i know) but the zombie bit is literally just a joke that was blown out of proportion. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord

Hmmst, where would Shantae go to? Well, I can see three most likely scenarios:
1. She doesn't eat at McDonalds. Mainly because she's likely never heard of it and she would very likely go out of her way to avoid it because of its fatty foods.
2. Salad. On the off chance she does eat at McDonalds, she simply gets a salad, because it may look withered, but it's not that bad.
3. Nuggies. On the off off chance she eats at McDonalds and doesn't get a salad, she'll just get some nuggies, because they're tiny.
I'm a nuggies main in real life, so I know the meta all too well

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The Indie Pogo and RoA devs may not have approached WF for Shantae.
Indie Pogo actually did make a formal request for her and they mentioned that they were waiting before making the request because they think that highly of her and really wanted her.

She still isn't in it.

That's why I'm not sweating this Blade Strangers stuff. Even if the devs come out and say they want her, unless she's actually in it it doesn't change anything. If anything, it'll help.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
My only problem with you is your occasional backseat moderation. Outside that I've no problem with you. Plus you like Rottytops, thats always a plus.

This is a list if Smash Fighters were to eat at McDonalds. Where is your Sm4sh Main standing, and where do you think Shantae lands?

If you don't eat at McDonalds, thats fine too. Just thought we can do a lil something to past the time.

EDIT:

You're absolutely fine. We're all just impatient, tbh. Its understandable. To me, at least.
1. She doesn't eat at McDonalds. Mainly because she's likely never heard of it and she would very likely go out of her way to avoid it because of its fatty foods.
2. Salad. On the off chance she does eat at McDonalds, she simply gets a salad, because it may look withered, but it's not that bad.
3. Nuggies. On the off off chance she eats at McDonalds and doesn't get a salad, she'll just get some nuggies, because they're tiny.
You forget Shantae has at least once eaten an entire half gallon tub of cookie dough ice cream in her bed whil reading comic books she'd totally get an M&M McFlurry or two.

Or eat everything cause Shantae is total fatty waiting to happen, fast food doesnt seem to exist in her world.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I don't dislike you. Honestly I'm having a blast chatting it up with you and everyone else here about Shantae and other things.

There are times (like the Barney post) where I like to make posts that "strike the iron while it's hot", which are not meant to be jabs at anyone.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If it helps dude, I can guarantee you’re not the only one here with Asperger’s ;) or who worries about the same things when posting here. You have every right to be here as everyone else and your input is just as valuable. Don’t let anyone or anything (especially yourself) force you away from enjoying what you do, but remember to be mindful about the people around you as well. We’re here to enjoy this crazy ride together, and I’d really hate to see you get off it early.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
That's not exactly what I meant but okay. The bit about my cats was true, they're my two best friends (it's sad i know) but the zombie bit is literally just a joke that was blown out of proportion. Sorry if that caused any confusion.
Well that wasn't my main point anyway I just wanted to cheer you up. Sorry for confusing you with my poor wording.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
You forget Shantae has at least once eaten an entire half gallon tub of cookie dough ice cream in her bed while reading comic books she'd totally get an M&M McFlurry or two.

Or eat everything cause Shantae is total fatty waiting to happen, fast food doesnt seem to exist in her world.
I was gonna come in saying that it was nothing more than pure sugar in a cup mixed in with partially melted ice cream, but then I realized that's Burger King's icy treats and not Micky D's. :p
I actually did forget about her eating an entire tub of cookie dough ice cream actually! Okay, so four options, the topmost one is now just her getting all the McFlurries in the world!

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman

Doesn't understand that apple pie/deserts are best to Main in the meta.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Everyone here is saying they don't dislike you, so that's a good thing. and I understand some of how you feel because I've had a lot of fear being judged by others in my life. You can feel at least a bit safe to be here without thinking you'll be rejected by us. Hyfiner was saying that you can be yourself and express yourself. Of course sometimes it can mean considering others too, but everyone has different boundaries. I don't give a **** if you're fakely moderating people :p Though I do think that unless you keep making things fresh for something like that it loses its appeal.

And really, I mean you do care about cats and zombies, so.. well maybe it's about what's behind the zombie, but anyway :p

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

EDIT:

"WcDonalds" killed me. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Lets take a look at what we know of her diet so far:

-health potions
-flesh pops (source of flesh unknown)
-meat chunklets (source of meat unknown)
-bento boxes
-lobster tails
-Monster Milk™
-cookie dough ice cream
-oranges
-monster eggs
-gator steaks

(Feel free to add any I missed)

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Lets take a look at what we know of her diet so far:

-health potions
-flesh pops (source of flesh unknown)
-meat chunklets (source of meat unknown)
-bento boxes
-lobster tails
-Monster Milk™
-cookie dough ice cream
-oranges
-monster eggs
-gator steaks

(Feel free to add any I missed)
Uhh you forget Super Monster MilkTM (how did you align it like that)

so thats like....double the calories

ChirimoyaX

Smash Rookie
I made this doodle a while ago, but I just edited it and wanted to share it with you. (I posted the original on imgur, but I didn't know how to post an image here until just now hahahah:upsidedown:). Keep the good energies flowing!
#Shantae4Smash
EDIT: Seems like I still can't post an image correctly :(
EDIT 2: Well, I'm still having trouble with jpg and gif, so here's the link: https://imgur.com/gallery/jjXTEsG

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I made this doodle a while ago, but I just edited it and wanted to share it with you. (I posted the original on imgur, but I didn't know how to post an image here until just now hahahah:upsidedown:). Keep the good energies flowing!
#Shantae4Smash
EDIT: Seems like I still can't post an image correctly :(
You can try to change the format of the image, like jpeg and gif usually work.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Everyone here is saying they don't dislike you, so that's a good thing. and I understand some of how you feel because I've had a lot of fear being judged by others in my life. You can feel at least a bit safe to be here without thinking you'll be rejected by us. Hyfiner was saying that you can be yourself and express yourself. Of course sometimes it can mean considering others too, but everyone has different boundaries. I don't give a **** if you're fakely moderating people :p Though I do think that unless you keep making things fresh for something like that it loses its appeal.

And really, I mean you do care about cats and zombies, so.. well maybe it's about what's behind the zombie, but anyway :p
I mean okay, I do love cats, I've had to live in a house filled with them my whole life. And the only zombie I care about is Rotty, all the other ones are savages.

Well it seems people are talking about McDonald's now so I thought I'd just mention that I have coeliac disease, so the only thing I can eat in there are the chips... fries. Or whatever you call them over there in the land of the free.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean okay, I do love cats, I've had to live in a house filled with them my whole life. And the only zombie I care about is Rotty, all the other ones are savages.

Well it seems people are talking about McDonald's now so I thought I'd just mention that I have coeliac disease, so the only thing I can eat in there are the chips... fries. Or whatever you call them over there in the land of the free.
7B3EABFC-DC47-4681-9E96-E84871973C7B.png

“Who ya callin’ savages, punk?”

6F30DA1C-C481-4D6B-A980-BD4C2C361158.png

“Oh dear...”

Last edited:
Top Bottom