• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm looking all the way back to 2017, but I'm not seeing it yet. Any idea roughly what the date was when they made the post?
Are you sure it even happened? I used advanced search and found only the 60k one and ones from 2013 and back.

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Kinda sad that this Thread overtook Ashley, but I suppose it was bound to happen.
As both a big Ashley and Shantae supporter, I have mixed feelings about the development. I suppose you could look at it partially being due to Ashley fans choosing to become more active on other threads? I think it's largely a good thing that this thread is breaking those numbers.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Betting all the chips on one character wasn't going to end well, honestly. Equal support for at least a few characters is what's best.
Unless every other character you actually care about already made it in, in which case you're me and 2018 is your year anyway so might as well go balls to the wall supporting one character :colorful: Marx from Kirby also has my support but I feel only for the djinn for now

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Kinda sad that this Thread overtook Ashley, but I suppose it was bound to happen.
For what it's worth, I at least was really heartbroken when we saw Ashley as an assist trophy again. I Did want Shantae more, but personally thought Ashley was more likely at the time and had high hopes for her. I was also sad that that April Fool's game the Badge arcade teased with her wasn't real. Nintendo really likes toying with Ashley fans' hearts.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey everyone: thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.

In addition, is there anyone new on here that would like to be added to the support list that's not already on it?

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Checking in too! Been only a day or two sincr I was gone. But you guys jumped the freaking pages. Jeez.

So, crazy thought, but has anyone realized that Smash Bros is what Sakurai considers a party game? Key word, Party?

Shantae throwing the ULTIMATE slumber PARTY, And Sakurai considers Super Smash Bros a party game?

Thought I could share since its a strange coincidence.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I hope you're right because we really don't need anymore holes blown into our theories :(
Keep calm and carry on, gentlemen. As the other members have pointed out, Blade Strangers is looking to be a normal fighting game, ala Street Fighter and not a Platform Fighter, which Smash is. However, I will say if this hypothesis bears fruit, it will knock points off the NCC hypothesis. Only knock off points from the hypothesis, not entirely disprove it in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It's just a teaser, not a confirmation, and a NCC might only effect platform fighters, but I still have to say it:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Probably a joke but I'll give some background anyways.

Magnemite is a troll request that's popular in Japan. He's basically their version of Shrek or Spongebob over here.
Sceptile and Gardevoir were realizable and did pretty good from what I can tell.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You support multiple characters... so that the more that get in, the more you can support the ones left!

Top Bottom