• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Probably a joke but I'll give some background anyways.

Magnemite is a troll request that's popular in Japan. He's basically their version of Shrek or Spongebob over here.
You didn't have to spoil it so soon :/ :p

But there aren't really any top contenders for a pokemon, since sun and moon werent there for the time. And it's most likely one from that we'd be getting.
But who knows.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Shantae’s still going to happen tho and to make ultimate more ultimate they need an indie rep
I didn't say she wasn't. All I said is the palm tree Exeggutor point you made could likely be used for a Gen 7 mon or could even more likely mean nothing.

Magnemite is a troll request that's popular in Japan. He's basically their version of Shrek or Spongebob over here.
This is the first Japanese troll request I've heard of.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We did it!! We passed the Ashley thread!

WHO'S NUMBER 2!?
WE'RE NUMBER 2!

YEAAAhhh. :)

Just wanted to be here for this ;p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's kind of amazing that their thread was so far in the first place. I definitely think Ashley had some love. No reason we can't have love for both, really.

found this:

A1Again

Smash Cadet
Something tells me Sakurai is trying to sneak in some Pokémon echoes as the closest we have is Pichu. Who could be echoes of who according to what we have already for that franchise? Perhaps a separate Pokémon Trainer? Unova Trainer, for example?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Shantae's wearing the pigtails around here now. Shantae has unlocked the dual hair whip. What have we done?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's kind of amazing that their thread was so far in the first place. I definitely think Ashley had some love. No reason we can't have love for both, really.

found this:
Teeb At 8 I want to start a private conversation with you about shantae as a fighter please.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Teeb At 8 I want to start a private conversation with you about shantae as a fighter please.
well, I'll be in and out, but you can pm me and I can respond as I can.
In case you don't know how, hover or click on a person's name, and you can select 'start conversation' to open up a pm thread with them.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember not to give up hope if she's not shown during this Direct. There's still plenty of chances for her to be shown later.

D

Deleted member

well, I'll be in and out, but you can pm me and I can respond as I can.
In case you don't know how, hover or click on a person's name, and you can select 'start conversation' to open up a pm thread with them.
I know that

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Remember not to give up hope if she's not shown during this Direct. There's still plenty of chances for her to be shown later.
Oh personally there's no way I could lose hope ! I'm conviced she will be playable, for she fits perfectly everything a cool newcomer should be! Only a blind man couldn't see it ! And Smash's devs surely are not

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I have a feeling that Shantae will be the next playable character reveal based on complicated algorithms.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I have a feeling that Shantae will be the next playable character reveal based on complicated algorithms.
The Smash Blog data that reveals three entries missing? Maybe, since it's likely to be at least two characters and a stage or maybe a character, a stage, and an item. I highly doubt Bandana Dee, a Pokemon, or Skull Kid are gonna have a stage so you only have to worry about Isaac being the reveal. Of course, it could be three characters too.

zferolie

Smash Hero
so after thinking it over a bit, I think getting 1 newcomer and 2 echos is quite likely, given what the website was shown, plus i can see them giving us more echos then newcomers. I would like to say shantae is likely but I can see it either being Shantae, or a pokemon rep. the echos II am 90% sure will be Dixie Kong and Isabelle.

With that i still think we have 84 total characters(counting echos) with 5 newcomers and 8 echos left to be revealed(this is including my 3 characters I assume are coming thursday.

As for who they are? Newcomers I feel are Shantae, A pokemon, a retro, Geno OR a dragon quest character like slime, and Isaac OR Rayman. For Echos I like Isabelle, Dixie, Shadow, Impa, Medusa, Black Shadow, Akuma, and either Ms Pac Man or Felix or an echo of that pokemon rep.

The Smash Blog data that reveals three entries missing? Maybe, since it's likely to be at least two characters and a stage or maybe a character, a stage, and an item. I highly doubt Bandana Dee, a Pokemon, or Skull Kid are gonna have a stage so you only have to worry about Isaac being the reveal. Of course, it could be three characters too.
Actually, 3 posts is enough for 1 newcomer. The reveal trailer, the charcter spot light, and the japan only mileston/history that comes with every character spotlight

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Three entries are missing? Do you mean last Thursday's and Friday's blog entries?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Not true for two reasons. Even if there was a new stage, we wouldn't have a blog post for the stage, since Dracula's castle didn't get the blog post till later.

On the other hand, they need three blog posts: one for the newcomer trailer, one for the newcomer video, and one for the JP exclusive character memory.

So no, there probably won't be more than 1 fighter, but I could be wrong and they just changed their plans over the weekend.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not true for two reasons. Even if there was a new stage, we wouldn't have a blog post for the stage, since Dracula's castle didn't get the blog post till later.

On the other hand, they need three blog posts: one for the newcomer trailer, one for the newcomer video, and one for the JP exclusive character memory.

So no, there probably won't be more than 1 fighter, but I could be wrong and they just changed their plans over the weekend.
won't be more then 1 full newcomer. We could still get echos, and i see Dixie kong as a lock, and Isabelle high up there as the 2 we see

Dukefire

Smash Master
How all of us and many other fans from different franchises are as of right now during the remaining 3 months before the initial roster is complete. Current focus is the Nintendo Direct that was delayed.

Made by DFKJR

Note: King K Rool is already confirmed to join and the Geno Graveyard is nothing saying that he has no chance. Its the artist that put it there to show his thoughts about Geno joining

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Eh, I know I said I was gonna be away from here for a while, but I'm dying to know about anything that may have happened.

Multiple blog posts will happen during directs. The very first one to showcase the ballot, then one or two for the reveal trailers, following up with one or two for the characters revealed, in Japan one or two could have their memories, possibly ending with a generalized update. So could it really just be one character this time around? Logically, this would feel correct. I'll still hold two newcomers out, mainly because it makes sense to have one reveal at the beginning and one reveal at the end of the segment, but at the same time, this logic is broken down from the E3 itself, I think? Otherwise, it's expected to have just one newcomer this time around with some echos, which makes sense because it'll take more than one bloody month to finish a single character.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Eh, I know I said I was gonna be away from here for a while, but I'm dying to know about anything that may have happened.

Multiple blog posts will happen during directs. The very first one to showcase the ballot, then one or two for the reveal trailers, following up with one or two for the characters revealed, in Japan one or two could have their memories, possibly ending with a generalized update. So could it really just be one character this time around? Logically, this would feel correct. I'll still hold two newcomers out, mainly because it makes sense to have one reveal at the beginning and one reveal at the end of the segment, but at the same time, this logic is broken down from the E3 itself, I think? Otherwise, it's expected to have just one newcomer this time around with some echos, which makes sense because it'll take more than one bloody month to finish a single character.
I don't think we will get a blog update about the website being updated... that time it was a huge update with many more sections added. this would just be 3 characters(1 newcomer 2 echos) to the page not that much to say the whole site has been updated.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict one unique fighter, one echo, and a stage for the unique fighter. I don't think they want this Direct too focused on Smash.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict one unique fighter, one echo, and a stage for the unique fighter. I don't think they want this Direct too focused on Smash.
That makes sense. I could see the new stage being announced with the unique fighter, even if the stage is not officially announced and is just shown with the character on it. I also agree with what was said before about the newcomer being either Shantae or a Pokémon rep, and the echo being either Dixie or Isabelle, though I think Isabelle is a lock in and not Dixie

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
It makes enough sense. Mean, there has to be some meat for the normal Switch player that isn't just tailor-made for a Smash Bros player, unless you want to run a gambit that could or could not pay off.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Of course we won't get that much smash information since it has to share the spotlight with other games coming to the Switch and 3DS, so it might have enough time to see a stage and a fighter.

If we ever get ourselves another dedicated direct, it would have to be next month somewhere in October or November if possible.

Made by ExcaliburKaizuhan17

D

Deleted member

Hey can someone go on wayforwards twitter and find the post when the celebrated 40k followers please?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Of course we won't get that much smash information since it has to share the spotlight with other games coming to the Switch and 3DS, so it might have enough time to see a stage and a fighter.

If we ever get ourselves another dedicated direct, it would have to be next month somewhere in October or November if possible.
That would very likely be the final full Smash-dedicated Direct before release. Personally, there are two things that could happen. One is the 8/8 Direct again, which would talk about some more items that we should see in the game, among more fighters and echoes that we could see. The other option could be a 50-Fact Extravaganza-esque presentation, talking about and rounding out the game to fully envelope us in the hype once more. Either one could have reveal trailers or surprise announcements, like the Mewtwo DLC announcement, or both, as was the case in the 50-Fact Extravaganza.

Though I won't discount the possibility of a smaller Smash Direct like we have upcoming, it would not fit in too well, since by that point, most of the game would have been fully completed. The only way this could be possible is, again, under two conditions. One, they delay the game to a Winter 2019 release to add in some final touches. Second, they use it to increase hype to the highest potential.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You know, with the nindie direct doing that "one more thing" stunt and there being a direct that's most likely gonna have smash news in it, I'm not for sure if I'd be surprised she was shown in this direct.

Dukefire

Smash Master
That would very likely be the final full Smash-dedicated Direct before release. Personally, there are two things that could happen. One is the 8/8 Direct again, which would talk about some more items that we should see in the game, among more fighters and echoes that we could see. The other option could be a 50-Fact Extravaganza-esque presentation, talking about and rounding out the game to fully envelope us in the hype once more. Either one could have reveal trailers or surprise announcements, like the Mewtwo DLC announcement, or both, as was the case in the 50-Fact Extravaganza.
"Anything can Change" at this point for the last 3 months.

I will say that it is making everyone exhausted from all of the theories and speculation

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

I thought Sans was like their current meme/troll character
We did it!! We passed the Ashley thread!

WHO'S NUMBER 2!?
WE'RE NUMBER 2!

YEAAAhhh. :)

Just wanted to be here for this ;p
Well technically it's currently tied but y'all will pass it soon- congratulations!

found this:
IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! :love:
Shantae in twintails is what my life currently needs! I'm savin this~ I'm sharin this~
Hey don't forget about GENO
How all of us and many other fans from different franchises are as of right now during the remaining 3 months before the initial roster is complete. Current focus is the Nintendo Direct that was delayed.

Made by DFKJR

Note: King K Rool is already confirmed to join and the Geno Graveyard is nothing saying that he has no chance. Its the artist that put it there to show his thoughts about Geno joining

Geno: RISE FROM THE GRAVE

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey can someone go on wayforwards twitter and find the post when the celebrated 40k followers please?
I'm looking all the way back to 2017, but I'm not seeing it yet. Any idea roughly what the date was when they made the post?

Top Bottom