• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
So people suggest Shantae for Blade Strangers and that's supposed to mean something? Even if Blade Strangers want her, they have to get her and right now they don't have her.

Quit freaking out over every little thing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just hopped on Wayforward/Matt's Twitters to see if they retweeted/liked (that's usually a sign if they did).

Neither one did.

So it could be a false alarm. Or it could be worse.

I'm scared.

VizardJeffhog

Smash Cadet
NNID
VizardJeffhog

...well then.

Not just a couple of days, but a whole week's worth of blog content appears to have been pushed.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Call me dumb and uninformed but what is this NDA you're all worried about since the Direct got delayed? I'm pretty confused here.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
People have been requesting Shantae for Blade Strangers for quite a while, yet she has not appeared.

Nicalis, on record, has said specifically that they'd love Shantae to appear in their game, yet she has not appeared.

People are pretty much screaming at WayForward to get Shantae in Smash (and probably the other indie fighting crossover games), yet they haven't openly responded yet (and she hasn't appeared in any of them).

We've already established these things.

This changes nothing.

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

...well then.

Not just a couple of days, but a whole week's worth of blog content appears to have been pushed.
No that's something interesting. If it's a whole WEEK of skipped stuff then some big Smash announcements will be coming with this direct. Also way to go Issac board!

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm trying to think nothing of it. Moments of panic are going to happen though, no matter how inconsequential the situation might seem.

Best we can do is try to stay positive until we get to the end of Mr Sakurai's Wild Ride xD

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Matt Bozon: *breathes*

The Masses: "OMFG!!! NOOOO!!! SHE'S DECONFIRMED!!1!!!"

*literally catches on fire and blows up*

Find a safer character to support if you can't handle this. This **** is getting really old.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

...well then.

For ease of viewing, here's the blog post numbers he posted:
We'e got
Post # | Contents
146 | Pikmin Song
145 | ???
144 | ???
143 | ???
142 | Bowser Video
141 | ???
140 | ???
139 | Toon Link Memories
138 | Toon Link Video
137 | ???
136 | ???
135 | ???
134 | ???
133 | Exeggutor Images
132 | Final Destination Images
131 | Fortress Boss Music

Suddenly we have 9 missing blog posts (10 if you include 121).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well that's a dumb thing to freak out over. If Shantae is is Smash Bros, she would have been made months ago. Blade Strangers having Shantae changes nothing.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868

Find a safer character to support if you can't handle this. This **** is getting really old.
Captain Falcon for Smash!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Regarding Blade Strangers, does anyone know about whether or not Shovel Knight and Gunvolt went trough an NDA? Nicalis would have an NDA for this too, right?

...well then.

And then there's this... has this been verified yet!? So many thoughts are running through my head!!!!! A week would warrant multiple newcomers... and/or a new franchise!!!

This is madness!!!!

I tried to with Bandana Dee, but then Shovel Knight became an assist trophy and Shantae's chances skyrocketed LOL.

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
No that's something interesting. If it's a whole WEEK of skipped stuff then some big Smash announcements will be coming with this direct. Also way to go Issac board!
I wouldn't jump to think that the entire week is involved necessarily. It may have just been easier from an organizational standpoint to swap two weeks of planned updates to compensate for the Direct getting delayed. I'll take all the Smash news I can get though.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
For ease of viewing, here's the blog post numbers he posted:
We'e got
Post # | Contents
146 | Pikmin Song
145 | ???
144 | ???
143 | ???
142 | Bowser Video
141 | ???
140 | ???
139 | Toon Link Memories
138 | Toon Link Video
137 | ???
136 | ???
135 | ???
134 | ???
133 | Exeggutor Images
132 | Final Destination Images
131 | Fortress Boss Music

Suddenly we have 9 missing blog posts (10 if you include 121).
I thought little of this a bit earlier today, but this seems to be developing into something very interesting.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/1039639004667240448

Uh oh. If this tweet goes in a certain direction, we could be kissing our Non-Compete Clause goodbye!
I wouldn't worry. We know from the other tweet that Shantae hasn't been officially discussed with them (the one saying that her inclusion would be up to Wayforward and Bozon)

So if they are teasing someone that would mean they are teasing a character far enough in development to show off relatively soon (even if it's just concept art they would want to show something and not just drop a name)

Or it could just be them fishing for ideas. Really there is nothing in that tweet to suggest they are implying Shantae, but in the responses we can see how highly wanted she is by there fans.

For me this only helps her case for Smash. We clearly see that she would be profitable for Nicalis to add her since her fans want her, so they aren't the reasons she's not in. The game is very high quality and Nicalis are a great company that treats all their projects well, so I doubt it's a case of WF or Bozon not trusting them with the character. Yet for some reason, they haven't given Nicalis the go ahead to use her (as aforementioned tweet stated) So why would WF and Bozon be keeping Shantae out of this game? Curiouser and curiouser...

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I wouldn't jump to think that the entire week is involved necessarily. It may have just been easier from an organizational standpoint to swap two weeks of planned updates to compensate for the Direct getting delayed. I'll take all the Smash news I can get though.
But if nothing was to be confirmed, then why put things out of order, with the exception of the song at the same time every week?

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

Ok half of that was actually funny, but at the same time (and I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting this, I am tired), the last thing we need is basically saying "chill or get out" we don't want to run off any supporters. Things happen, people are on edge.

Let's all take a breath here.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
What is with you guys freaking out over **** we've already discussed at length multiple times?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Like I just said, you guys shouldn't be worrying: I understand this might be because you guys are worried about who'll show up in the upcoming Direct, but you really shouldn't be worried about this right now.

ChirimoyaX

Smash Rookie
Don't panic, people! (So many new messages have been posted before I got to finish this message, hahahah)
Besides, Blade Strangers was released just two weeks ago. I don't think Nicalis would announce DLC so soon after launch...
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, don't let your excitement become anxiety ;)
#Shantae4Smash

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
the last thing we need is basically saying "chill or get out" we don't want to run off any supporters. Things happen, people are on edge.
I agree with Jazzy to an extent. I do think if you can't handle the "breaking information" that sometimes happens, then perhaps staying glued to the thread isn't for you. But you don't have to leave forever, just chill a little bit.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I agree with Jazzy to an extent. I do think if you can't handle the "breaking information" that sometimes happens, then perhaps staying glued to the thread isn't for you. But you don't have to leave forever, just chill a little bit.
Yeah. Let's call it a day and see what happens tomorrow.

Edit:
Don't panic, people! (So many new messages have been posted before I got to finish this message, hahahah)
Besides, Blade Strangers was released just two weeks ago. I don't think Nicalis would announce DLC so soon after launch...
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, don't let your excitement become anxiety ;)
#Shantae4Smash
It was kinda the opposite. The whole week thing came up and my anxiety turned to excitement lol.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ok half of that was actually funny, but at the same time (and I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting this, I am tired), the last thing we need is basically saying "chill or get out" we don't want to run off any supporters. Things happen, people are on edge.

Let's all take a breath here.
Sorry, I'm not going to lie... it's aggravating.

It's fine if it's one time or two times or whatever... but this is literally every single day now. People ready to jump ship at the drop of a hat. And trust me, I realize the irony here, I need to take a deep breath over all of this too.

But seriously, people need to chill the hell out. It's not bringing anything positive to the thread when every other second somebody is freaking out.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Either way, I hope everyone will be alright: I understand we're all waiting for a Direct announcement, but I really do think everyone should take a deep breath and relax at this point.

The Direct will come very soon, and I promise that.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm not going to lie... it's aggravating.

It's fine if it's one time or two times or whatever... but this is literally every single day now. People ready to jump ship at the drop of a hat. And trust me, I realize the irony here, I need to take a deep breath over all of this too.

But seriously, people need to chill the hell out. It's not bringing anything positive to the thread when every other second somebody is freaking out.
Its quite obvious at this point that the tensions risen by the new Direct date has hyped up pretty much everyone in the community and with hype comes tension as well. I'll probably try to distract myself with the Hat in Time DLC coming tomorrow so I don't kill myself from overhype.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I actually want Shantae to be confirmed as playable in Blade Strangers, just for the laughs. Besides, it will would just give me another reason to get the game.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I love how quickly we can get back together.

(apologies if this video is a bit too "soon" or what have you, I actually mean this sincerely cuz we in the Shantae thread are like a family; I COULD NOT RESIST)

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I love how quickly we can get back together.

(apologies if this video is a bit too "soon" or what have you, I actually mean this sincerely cuz we in the Shantae thread are like a family; I COULD NOT RESIST)

Well now I just ****** hate you for reminding me of Barney.

how dare you...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I have to look at this NCC/NDA crap almost every single ****ing night. C'mon people, stop losing your heads over some simple Tweets. What will be gained by it, what will be lost? Well looks like I'm restarting my hiatus, I really need a breather.

i also never liked barney

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Calm down! This is really p***ing me off right now. I have to look at this NCC/NDA crap almost every single ****ing night. C'mon people, stop losing your heads over some simple Tweets. What will be gained by it, what will be lost? Well looks like I'm restarting my hiatus, I really need a breather.

i also never liked barney
It looks like things have calmed down already, so...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Calm down! This is really p***ing me off right now. I have to look at this NCC/NDA crap almost every single ****ing night. C'mon people, stop losing your heads over some simple Tweets. What will be gained by it, what will be lost? Well looks like I'm restarting my hiatus, I really need a breather.
Personally, I think it's funny. They act like it's gonna remove Shantae off Smash Bros. You'd think fans would be happy to see Shantae appear in another game but I guess not.

Top Bottom