• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
lol
No it doesn't.
We created our own theories... We can't deflate when they do. Our theories did great to us but from people who know they sound ridiculous. We probably sounds like this to people in the know.
Nintendo starts with N ends in O. So does Nemo who's from Disney whose logo is a castle where villains set up mazes that are risky... Risky is from Shantae #shantaeconfirmed.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There is no truth to figure out about a tweet that doesn't even mention Shantae by name. You are reading too much into it especially when dozens of other female indie characters besides Shantae have been mentioned. It feels more like they are simply trying to gauge what other characters their fans are interested in.

It has literally nothing to do with Shantae and this one tweet has literally zero impact on her chances.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
User was warned for this post
Im only trying to figure out the truth. And the truth can unfortunatly be quite negative.
you aren't trying to figure out ****, you're assuming a negative scenario and getting***blasted about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some people are still going on about this? Let's settle the score...

Nicalis has had no prior affiliation with WayForward whatsoever. What Nicalis does with their tweets will not affect WF or Shantae's chances of making it in. This is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

zferolie

Smash Hero
relax guys. they are just worried. they are allowed to. But are also allowed to try and show how he shouldn't be worried.

So, I just ordered those Shantae and Rottytops figures. with shipping its just 150 for the pair. thats not terrible for figures.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
lol
No it doesn't.
We created our own theories... We can't deflate when they do. Our theories did great to us but from people who know they sound ridiculous. We probably sounds like this to people in the know.
Nintendo starts with N ends in O. So does Nemo who's from Disney whose logo is a castle where villains set up mazes that are risky... Risky is from Shantae #shantaeconfirmed.
That's another thread on the forums, maybe you can figure out which one I mean. There's a difference between outlandish connections and leveled circumstantial evidence. That said, people who lose their **** when things aren't even hitting the fan, are really putting too much into it. It's being emotional, I guess, which can be natural..

Im only trying to figure out the truth. And the truth can unfortunatly be quite negative.
It's hard to explain it to you because of how you feel, but.. If you want to know the truth, then relax and look at the different perspectives too, because you're caught up in a particular one. Take a breather if you need to.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You know that tweet that I posted is a little odd. A palm tree with Diddy(a monkey) and Bayonetta(a supernatural being that uses hair to attack) is a bit to much of a hint. Heck it could be a hint. Nintendo is known to dropping hints in their media(whether video, background or pictures).

So yeah those three and that background is too much of a coincidence.

We should get WreckitRyan WreckitRyan to investigate this.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know that tweet that I posted is a little odd. A palm tree with Diddy(a monkey) and Bayonetta(a supernatural being that uses hair to attack) is a bit to much of a hint. Heck it could be a hint. Nintendo is known to dropping hints in their media(whether video, background or pictures).

Tin hat time boys!

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
And the cycle continues still...

Seriously, I am much more worried about Article 13. than I am about these empty Tweets. o_O

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I think the Alolan Exeggutor Tweet is a bit too much of a reach. Not necessarily to the damned chairs, but it's definitely in the tin foil territory.

Secondly, we never have made NCC as a piece of evidence. That, too, is simply a tin foil conspiracy theory talk as much as I wanted to make it a piece of evidence because it only has loose ties. The main reason why the NDA thing may not be a tin foil conspiracy is because of all these events we saw with the WF twitter group.

The EU can just go to HIFL for voting for stronger copyright infringement laws.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

We should get WreckitRyan WreckitRyan to investigate this.
You know what, I didn't know that was posted on the 5th, before the bowser one on the 9th.
It's definitely an outlandish connection, but I like what people thought about it lol. Yeah the hair and the monkey, and the palm tree, not bad :D
And look there's even a kind of gem-like snowflake thing on bayonetta

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
You know what, I didn't know that was posted on the 5th, before the bowser one on the 9th.
It's definitely an outlandish connection, but I like what people thought about it lol. Yeah the hair and the monkey, and the palm tree, not bad :D

[sarcasm]I mean, if that Blade Strangers tweet automatically deconfirms Shantae, then this blog update automatically confirms her![/sarcasm]

It's definitely interesting to look into. You never know with Sakurai.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah but it seems odd that those two characters specifically are chosen to be in that photo with Alolan Exeggutor and have an ocean background.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love the fact that we see that Eggecutor picture as a shantae tease, with Diddy as Monkey shantae and Bayonetta as a magic being with hair does hint at Shantae for sure.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

I feel that if this really was a reference to the micro-game, the zoomed-out photo with Peach and Mega Man would have had Wario in it, too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
hey it'd be really cool if we'd get a warioware character at the same time :D

Like, maybe Kat&Ana, as an echo of Ice Climbers or something XD

(I know. I'm just playfully wishing)

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
[sarcasm]I mean, if that Blade Strangers tweet automatically deconfirms Shantae, then this blog update automatically confirms her![/sarcasm]

It's definitely interesting to look into. You never know with Sakurai.
No one said the Nicalis tweet automatically deconfirms her. Its just not a good sign.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay so why are people seriously entertaining the executor thing as a hint but not the Nicalis tweet?
Well with the tweet, there is not one thing that teases shantae. the only thing is we know people have asked for her. But as the comments in that tweet show, a TON of other indies have also been asked.

This Pokemon has a lot of direct shantae hints in it. The monkey, the palm tree, and a magic lady that attacks with hair.

Not saying its actually a shantae hint, but it hints more about shantae then the nicalis tweet does. If they mentioned something about a popular character coming, or used certain words. they only thing hinting maybe at shantae is all female characters shown

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay so why are people seriously entertaining the executor thing as a hint but not the Nicalis tweet?
I know some people might, but I think most of us aren't 'seriously' entertaining it. We're just playing with the idea.
It's also much more of a stronger connection than the tweet. And also comes from Nintendo. :)

AngrySun stated he was sarcastic. And again, it's not a bad sign at all, in my eyes.
I may stop replying if I keep being ignored :p

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
hey it'd be really cool if we'd get a warioware character at the same time :D

Like, maybe Kat&Ana, as an echo of Ice Climbers or something XD

(I know. I'm just playfully wishing)
Kat & Ana would be better off with a unique moveset, all to their own. They don't use giant hammers, they use well... katanas.

I may stop replying if I keep being ignored :p
I won't ignore you!

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Both mean nothing, but are interesting to talk about. Like I and others have already said many times now, we have no evidence to suggest that Shantae would have to sign an NCC for indie fighting games. It's something we came up with ourselves to theorize why she hasn't shown up in them and how that might imply she's in. That being disproved would change absolutely nothing in regards to her actual chances. Why do you take it that her showing up in another fighting game stops her from being in smash? You're basically assuming that she would HAVE to have some kind of NCC which we have no evidence to suggest that. Even then, you're taking one tweet into a very specific context. It looks more like a tweet to gauge character interest to me but even if it was some kind of hint at Shantae, it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Kat & Ana would be better off with a unique moveset, all to their own. They don't use giant hammers, they use well... katanas.

I won't ignore you!
Thanks :) even if I meant more in the case of Kingofusa. :p

I thought about it and it'd be possible to make the hitboxes fit katanas relatively easy, with good animations.
Also with their new chubbier designs, they'd fit the hurtboxes too. Of course I want them to be original fighters, but if it'll take an echo to get a warioware character in, I'll take it :)

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Okay, we went over the NCC thing a lot, so let's just bury it. NCC is simply a conspiracy at this moment, without any hard evidence, but it's been suggested simply because of the lack of Shantae in fighting games and the amazing amount of silence in the face of direct questions/answers helps. Otherwise, it's simply nothing and I regret spreading it around as if it was everything.

Alright, moving on. If Shantae were a fighter, what else would you expect out of her? Aside from the WF-submitted designs, what other skins would you think she would have?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Thanks :) even if I meant more in the case of Kingofusa. :p

I thought about it and it'd be possible to make the hitboxes fit katanas relatively easy, with good animations.
Also with their new chubbier designs, they'd fit the hurtboxes too. Of course I want them to be original fighters, but if it'll take an echo to get a warioware character in, I'll take it :)
Now I was wondering about something weird that has happened to me twice on this site.Very briefly a strange red box appeared on my profile, filled with text. I didn't get time to read it because it only appeared for a fraction of a second, but I think it could be bad. Did I get reported? Was it a warning? Sorry about asking you, but you seem to have been here for a long time.

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Default Skin, Ninja, Pajama, Officer Wagon. With some chroma variations. Those are the most likely outfits but we'd likely not get more than two alternate skins in the base game unless they added them as DLC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Now I was wondering about something weird that has happened to me twice on this site.Very briefly a strange red box appeared on my profile, filled with text. I didn't get time to read it because it only appeared for a fraction of a second, but I think it could be bad. Did I get reported? Was it a warning? Sorry about asking you, but you seem to have been here for a while.
Uhh, no a mod would send you a message in your inbox. It's most likely an error. You could ask a mod about it if it gets annoying, but it's most likely nothing, or a secret message from the virtual world. either or..

:)

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Yeah but the thing is that Nicalis themselves would not be under an NCC just WayForward so they can talk about "do you want this or this in Blade Strangers" without worry. The only ones that the NCC would fall under would be Shantae's owners(Mr. & Mrs. Bozon and WayForward themselves). Like I stated before it is the reason why Snake is in Brawl but not PlayStation All Stars.

EDIT: Another thing, has any other character been hinted at like this prior to King K Rool by Nintendo themselves(since this pic of those 3 are from Nintendo's Smash site)?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Default Skin, Ninja, Pajama, Officer Wagon. With some chroma variations. Those are the most likely outfits but we'd likely not get more than two alternate skins in the base game unless they added them as DLC.
Although it's never going to happen, I still want to see the Tan-Line Island Space Princess outfits. I think the outfit from Officer Mode would be cool, because it would referencing another Wayforward IP. I was also thinking about a classic outfit, with those red arm band thingies.

EDIT: Another thing, has any other character been hinted at like this prior to King K Rool by Nintendo themselves(since this pic of those 3 are from Nintendo's Smash site)?
I didn't think so, unless you count the furniture in the E3 direct, but that is a bit too out there to be a hint.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Although it's never going to happen, I still want to see the Tan-Line Island Space Princess outfits. I think the outfit from Officer Mode would be cool, because it would referencing another Wayforward IP. I was also thinking about a classic outfit, with those red arm band thingies.
What I'd like to see Nintendo do is maybe work on cool costumes for dlc. If it's an actual character skin, I'd be willing to pay for that. Imagine being able to have a pack of Shantae costumes, or Dry Bowser for Bowser, or even of Cloud crossdressing like in the game :D

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
That's another thread on the forums, maybe you can figure out which one I mean. There's a difference between outlandish connections and leveled circumstantial evidence. That said, people who lose their **** when things aren't even hitting the fan, are really putting too much into it. It's being emotional, I guess, which can be natural..

It's hard to explain it to you because of how you feel, but.. If you want to know the truth, then relax and look at the different perspectives too, because you're caught up in a particular one. Take a breather if you need to.
aren't they all outlandish though? Right now we're debating if a monkey and a witch clinging to a sentient tree dragon is a clue for a genie being put into Nintendo's pitbull fighting ring.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
aren't they all outlandish though? Right now we're debating if a monkey and a witch clinging to a sentient tree dragon is a clue for a genie being put into Nintendo's pitbull fighting ring.
I guess it's about being able to know the difference between the various kinds of thoughts/connections and claims. You're kind of an all or nothing person? from what I can tell anyway, so I get why it might be a bit harder to see in that case, but to me it's relatively clear. I could go into more detail if you want, but it'd be longer to explain.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes! All the theorizing and fears here are getting too silly. We're nearing "Ridley is in the clouds" territory.

Now I suppose I could maybe see some hints in that screenshot, but there's one thing to take into consideration that's easily missed. Sakurai does not always tease on the long run, he shows his hand relatively quickly. Take the last Smash Direct, for instance, you could clearly see hints to K. Rool's inclusion throughout the video (a new DKC item, the Klaptrap AT).

In my neutral undivided opinion, I suppose that had the Direct not been postponed, that might have been proven true with a Shantae reveal in it, but as it stands right now, we have no definite way of proving it true.

Last edited:

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Well I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be the half genie hero, but if it's someone like Isaac then I wouldn't complain ('v')b

Top Bottom