• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Fake, because again 4chan lol. and also they wouldn't show Geno here. He is one of the super hype ones. he is going top be saved for closer and on a smash focused direct.

Speaking of fake, last week I was bored, and I wanted to make my own fake leak, see what people said. Got lots of the normal 4chan hate, racist, homophobic, calling me autistic, and all that ****, but wanted to show you guys, and see if you guys wish this was what we were gonna get.

Its basically my want, but I could see someone like Rayman or Banjo and kazooie getting in over elma and/or Isaac. Honestly Rayman over Isaac is probably what would most likely happen. Isaac while I love him is quite... outdated. yeah he's super popular, but I don't know if Sakurai would grab Ridley, K Rool, Geno, AND Isaac...
Heh, good going at least giving Shantae the "leak" chance on here :p Though this may just give them more justification to go after us as a collective, all in a bid to be right. It's unreasonable to fight against an opponent like Legion for there are too many of them to really "fight". And 4chan is basically the closest equivalent of Legion, the only other thing that can even rival 4chan in Legion-ness is Twitch Plays Pokemon and their people.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Heh, good going at least giving Shantae the "leak" chance on here :p Though this may just give them more justification to go after us as a collective, all in a bid to be right. It's unreasonable to fight against an opponent like Legion for there are too many of them to really "fight". And 4chan is basically the closest equivalent of Legion, the only other thing that can even rival 4chan in Legion-ness is Twitch Plays Pokemon and their people.
Well I never said in the thread at all it was fake, and everyone just assumes these are fake anyway. I was just bored and wanted to see peoples reactions. Plus I enjoyed typing it out :)

I think what really sinks the leak even more than Gardevoir is having Cappy as a playable character In Mario Kart.
They only character that should be DLC is Pauline. why she isn't even in super mario party but god damn Monty Mole is in baffles me

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Fake, because again 4chan lol. and also they wouldn't show Geno here. He is one of the super hype ones. he is going top be saved for closer and on a smash focused direct.

Speaking of fake, last week I was bored, and I wanted to make my own fake leak, see what people said. Got lots of the normal 4chan hate, racist, homophobic, calling me autistic, and all that ****, but wanted to show you guys, and see if you guys wish this was what we were gonna get.

Its basically my want, but I could see someone like Rayman or Banjo and kazooie getting in over elma and/or Isaac. Honestly Rayman over Isaac is probably what would most likely happen. Isaac while I love him is quite... outdated. yeah he's super popular, but I don't know if Sakurai would grab Ridley, K Rool, Geno, AND Isaac...
I'm half tempted to post my own fake 4Chan leak to see how many people believe it.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I'm half tempted to post my own fake 4Chan leak and see how many people believe it.
Truth be told, I now want to see just how quickly everyone will jump on the "Your Waifu is Trash" statement. With me, however, I want to see the reaction, not necessarily the likelihood of this "leak" being accepted. Y'know, like the classical troll of old.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I think what really sinks the leak even more than Gardevoir is having Cappy as a playable character In Mario Kart.
I did see someone mention that Cappy would probably be in his original ghost form if he were playable, and I could see (unfortunately) Nintendo putting Cappy in over Diddy Kong (because for some reason they refuse to put him in MK8).
That being said, I don't buy this 'leak' either. I also don't think they would include an Indie sizzle reel, since they had an entire direct dedicated to indies a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I don't see 5 newcomers being announced in a non-smash related direct. Wasn't it only supposed to be 35 minutes long? I could be wrong, and I would like to be wrong, but it just seems unrealistic.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Could Squid Baron's aspirations of painting himself to provide elemental variety become reality with the Inkling's help?

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
It's funny going through the Japanese Nintendo twitter. Seems like even they're getting impatient. Several tweets like these:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi.

Damn, waiting for the direct seems endless ! I'm here expecting an annoucement at any moment but it doesn't come !
Stop doing that to yourself. :)
Is it just me or did we spend the recent days running in circles? o_O
It seems to be a cycle of hope, loss of hope and repeating the same information over and over again.
Not that I want to prevent you guys from doing that. It's just strange to me. ^^;
Again, we've been running around in circles for a long time, maybe it's just more noticeable now. On the plus side we're going a bit crazy so we're exploring different things, kinda.

I don't like leaks, but if people take them as fake anyway, maybe it doesn't matter. I like yours. I like that the first announcements are all gals :) It's like, hey time to bring some of that side. Although I'd like for Terra to be in too :) And Kat & Ana. But then I guess it kind of wouldn't do quite as well as a leak :p

I'm really hoping there's a lot of dlc characters that can be made, cuz getting new characters is such a thrill. (especially when they're characters I like :p)

Last edited:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1039112079121080320?s=09

OK, so since he brought this up, has there EVER actually been a Famitsu article that covered a Direct the very next week?

Obviously I don't think Nintendo can wait forever but now I realise I really need to do my own research on stuff like this, because I keep feeling dumb over and over again. It's really looking like they don't HAVE to make it by Wednesday.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1039112079121080320?s=09

OK, so since he brought this up, has there EVER actually been a Famitsu article that covered a Direct the very next week?

Obviously I don't think Nintendo can wait forever but now I realise I really need to do my own research on stuff like this, because I keep feeling dumb over and over again. It's really looking like they don't HAVE to make it by Wednesday.
Not a "direct," but I distinctly remember Robin and Lucina being revealed and then seeing details about them days later in Famitsu coverage.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Not a "direct," but I distinctly remember Robin and Lucina being revealed and then seeing details about them days later in Famitsu coverage.
Hmm, makes sense, seeing as it's actually not very much to cover. If there's no evidence of a full direct being covered next week, then I'm gonna be with him on that note, and I think I'm changing my prediction back to Thursday.

I'm gonna try to find out though.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't like leaks, but if people take them as fake anyway, maybe it doesn't matter. I like yours. I like that the first announcements are all gals :) It's like, hey time to bring some of that side. Although I'd like for Terra to be in too :) And Kat & Ana. But then I guess it kind of wouldn't do quite as well as a leak :p

I'm really hoping there's a lot of dlc characters that can be made, cuz getting new characters is such a thrill. (especially when they're characters I like :p)
I have a strong feeling we'll get a bunch of DLC. I can see nintendo wanting this game to last for most of the switches life cycle, and I assume the switch has a good 5 more years on it, if not more. Added 4 characters a year or so(maybe more with echos), would be a smart stratagy. Plus they would all be new, so we don't get the negitive a lot of fighting games have is forcing old mains to rebuy them.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
All of these just seem like coincidence to me.

We know that the big shot of the cast changed in each trailer so looking for "empty spaces" isn't really a thing. The latter two just seem like grasps to somehow relate things back to Shantae.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something to break the ice somewhat till the freezing again.

Made by Daniel-xdk

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
I think most here are already convinced that Daisy's lack of a partner is strange but I'm not sure about the last one. Konga Beat was changed to streamline Final Smashes so they get right to the punch (heh) and having the Dance Parlor as her Final Smash would directly conflict with that ideology

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Konga Beat was changed to streamline Final Smashes so they get right to the punch (heh) and having the Dance Parlor as her Final Smash would directly conflict with that ideology
It'll either be the Obliterate Dance or a super-powered version of her electric magic in HGH. I agree that the dance parlor final smash seems more like a Brawl/4 thing.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think most here are already convinced that Daisy's lack of a partner is strange but I'm not sure about the last one. Konga Beat was changed to streamline Final Smashes so they get right to the punch (heh) and having the Dance Parlor as her Final Smash would directly conflict with that ideology
I'm starting to think that some people here are actually serious about these little things.
I can't in good conscious take it seriously though, so excuse me if it makes me laugh when you talk about this stuff as if it's a nudge for shantae or otherwise
XD (all in lightness)

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Yeah, we've already speculated Daisy's "ghost partner", though with everything in place, could we see Shantae hitting a fighter and stunning them, turning into her Tinkerbat form to slice and dice them before using the log to send them flying?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
So I ended up having another Shantae related dream again. This time it was about Shantae getting her own Art Academy type of game, a playable appearance as a DLC character in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and being confirmed for Smash, all during a Nintendo Direct.

I...don't think Smash speculation has ever gotten to my head this much before...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
It is probably because they have experienced so many disasters that they are consider it a normal thing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I ended up having another Shantae related dream again. This time it was about Shantae getting her own Art Academy type of game, a playable appearance as a DLC character in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and being confirmed for Smash, all during a Nintendo Direct.

I...don't think Smash speculation has ever gotten to my head this much before...
HEy I had a vision of Shantae in Mario Kart yesterday. :D
I thought it was a stretch because why would a third party liker her be brought in mario kart. Very cool timing. I think there'd be a ways to go for it to happen tho XD
She'd fit right in tho, dont you think?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel as though speculation has reached a peak. To the point I repeat this every time I go on Nintendo’s Social Media.

I’ll take a simple livestream of a new Smash challenger at this point.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

The first picture that came into my head there, was of Shantae speeding around a racing track on an island shaped like a certain small green dinosaur, in a Mercedes, being pursued by babies and mushroom people. Mario Kart is weird.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I don't want to go too off topic, but since Smash dreams have been brought up, I've had some weird ones.

During the Smash Ballot, I had a dream that we got Rambi as DLC, and two nights ago I had one where we got Frog Mario and Darkspine Sonic as Echoes and all 3 Triforce Heroes Links as one new fighter. Dreams are weird.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't want to go too off topic, but since Smash dreams have been brought up, I've had some weird ones.

During the Smash Ballot, I had a dream that we got Rambi as DLC, and two nights ago I had one where we got Frog Mario and Darkspine Sonic as Echoes and all 3 Triforce Heroes Links as one new fighter. Dreams are weird.
They should have the Link from Skyward Sword, the Link(s) from Minish Cap, the Link(s) from Four Swords, the Link from Spirit Tracks, the Link from Twilight Princess, the Link(s) from Four Swords Adventures, the Link from A Link to the Past and Links Awakening, the Link from the Oracle Games, the Link from A Link Between Worlds, the Link(s) from Triforce Heroes, the Link from Zelda 1 and Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link and also Ravio.

shhh the cdi games don't exist. and the lcd games don't count

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
They should have the Link from Skyward Sword, the Link(s) from Minish Cap, the Link(s) from Four Swords, the Link from Spirit Tracks, the Link from Twilight Princess, the Link(s) from Four Swords Adventures, the Link from A Link to the Past and Links Awakening, the Link from the Oracle Games, the Link from A Link Between Worlds, the Link(s) from Triforce Heroes, the Link from Zelda 1 and Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link and also Ravio.

shhh the cdi games don't exist. and the lcd games don't count
Don't forget Dark Link, Shadow Link, Wolf Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link and Fierce Deity Link.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well I never said in the thread at all it was fake, and everyone just assumes these are fake anyway. I was just bored and wanted to see peoples reactions. Plus I enjoyed typing it out :)

They only character that should be DLC is Pauline. why she isn't even in super mario party but god damn Monty Mole is in baffles me
Too "recent", apparently (yes, I know she's been around for decades, but her role as mayor is new enough). How long did it take before Rosalina became playable in spin-offs, anyway?

It is probably because they have experienced so many disasters that they are consider it a normal thing.
Like I said before, it's the difference between "those poor people :sadeyes:" and "oh no, not again :facepalm:". Cultural differences, and such.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok just forget what I just said and move on to daisy’s Ghost buddy.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Don't forget Dark Link, Shadow Link, Wolf Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link and Fierce Deity Link.
Dark Link, and the many Shadow Links don't count. I don't think many of the transformation masks count either, except for the Fierce Deity, because some theorise that he is the Terminian counterpart to Link.

And now that I think about it, they really could've implemented Wolf Link into the Twilight Princess Link's move set and or final smash in many interesting ways, unfortunate that they didn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom