• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You gotta love how there are people in freaking Hokkaido are like "Yeah we had a 6.7 earthquake, whatever where's the Direct Nintendo?!"

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But what does it have anything to do with Shantae? He hasn't mentioned her once!
He’s a leaker who apologizes I added him because he seems ok to me

Edit: it has nothing to do with her inclusion it’s just for fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Shantae gets in i'll delete my account.
Just to clarify, do you mean Shantae gets in whatsoever or only if Shantae is playable?

I just like to know what game is going on.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Tried to preorder the Smash Bros Pro Controller and it seems that it doesn't ship to Puerto Rico. Hopefully Amazon lets me know why this is.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But what does it have anything to do with Shantae? He hasn't mentioned her once!
I think it's just everything around, and how it's almost like an anti-leak statement, and at the same time goes against the bandwagon who think the chairs's colors are about a certain character.

Also, careful being the one to talk about relevancy ;)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I honestly think after the direct Sakurai took a quick look at the online reaction, then looked at those chairs he's had for ages and wondered how they could have caused all these silly theories.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think it's just everything around, and how it's almost like an anti-leak statement, and at the same time goes against the bandwagon who think the chairs's colors are about a certain character.

Also, careful being the one to talk about relevancy ;)
I just want this person to stop making me feel down! I started today on such a high note too.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I honestly think after the direct Sakurai took a quick look at the online reaction, then looked at those chairs he's had for ages and wondered how they could have caused all these silly theories.
Maybe, but we don't know for sure if he even had them for long.

Eh, whatever, if nobody matches the colors in the next reveal, no biggie, we'll just move on. :smash:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just want this person to stop making me feel down! I started today on such a high note too.
How is it affecting you in feeling down?
Also just a note, anyone can pm me if they feel like talking some things out, like for how feeling, or otherwise. just putting it here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe, but we don't know for sure if he even had them for long.

Eh, whatever, if nobody matches the colors in the next reveal, no biggie, we'll just move on. :smash:
And meme it like Shulk=Little Mac+Photoshop.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Same, nowhere to find a store that ships the Limited Edition to Mexico. Feels bad.
Tried to preorder the Smash Bros Pro Controller and it seems that it doesn't ship to Puerto Rico. Hopefully Amazon lets me know why this is.
You guys should see if you can find a proxy shipping service.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
How is it affecting you in feeling down?
Also just a note, anyone can pm me if they feel like talking some things out, like for how feeling, or otherwise. just putting it here.
I'm probably just overreacting. It felt like the atmosphere was much nicer before he appeared here though. I get angry at the dumbest of things, mostly because of my mental illness', so I'm sorry if I upset anybody. Or else... it's because there's not enough Rottytops! I always get cranky when there is a lack of Rottytops in my life!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm probably just overreacting. It felt like the atmosphere was much nicer before he appeared here though. I get angry at the dumbest of things, mostly because of my mental illness', so I'm sorry if I upset anybody. Or else... it's because there's not enough Rottytops! I always get cranky when there is a lack of Rottytops in my life!
Sorry you feel that way. I can understand in different ways, though I'm not sure what's triggering it, since I see nothing there to be down about, but I've had a lot of downs too and sometimes it's something that springs it up and it's not really the reason for it, if you know what I mean. But like I said, if you feel like having an extra person to talk to, feel free to pm me. :)
And I hope you get a good dosage of rottytops too :)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
It's so dull just trying to find good talking points for Shantae, because we've almost exhausted every talking point about her as it is! I hope that she makes it in as a fighter, so that we may finally find a good place to rest with the Half-Genie and her quirky friends.
One of the most freaky "dreams" I ever had with Shantae is one where she was in our world like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and I had to hide her from my parents, ala ET the Extraterrestrial. Her design was obviously from the static images used in Pirate's Curse to give more emphasis on her emotions.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You guys should see if you can find a proxy shipping service.
I never had trouble with Amazon for shipping but some items do not allow. Like say the regular Switch Messenger Bag I had ordered from Amazon but not they do not ship here yet I can get the Super Mario Bros version of the Messenger Bag with no problems(my First Sargeant's son wants one).

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sorry you feel that way. I can understand in different ways, though I'm not sure what's triggering it, since I see nothing there to be down about, but I've had a lot of downs too and sometimes it's something that springs it up and it's not really the reason for it, if you know what I mean. But like I said, if you feel like having an extra person to talk to, feel free to pm me. :)
And I hope you get a good dosage of rottytops too :)

Well I can relate to having mental issues. So no worries. ;)
I am Aspergian if you must know.

I also understand how anxious you guys must be feeling.
Personally I only feel nervous when a Direct is close (or at least if it's supposed to be).
Since I get an "All or Nothing" feeling, for Shantae.
And since she is the last character of mine that I really want in the game, the tension is definitely there, when an announcement is close.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It's so dull just trying to find good talking points for Shantae, because we've almost exhausted every talking point about her as it is! I hope that she makes it in as a fighter, so that we may finally find a good place to rest with the Half-Genie and her quirky friends.
One of the most freaky "dreams" I ever had with Shantae is one where she was in our world like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and I had to hide her from my parents, ala ET the Extraterrestrial. Her design was obviously from the static images used in Pirate's Curse to give more emphasis on her emotions.
I once had a dream about Shantae and Ganon (in his giant pig form) fighting a barrage of quirky creatures from different fictional universes, in a place which resembled Naboo. I however, was inserting cannonballs into cannons on top of St. Mark's Campanile. I think the mother-ship from Independence Day was also there. Shantae had her original GBC design weirdly enough.

(and by the way, yes i also suffer from asperger's, among many other things that i'd rather not discuss)

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
My dream was me waking up, making eggs plopped them down on my dining room table where Shantae sat in her jammies. I think I called her a munchkin or something liked that when I gave her her eggs all she did was stick her tongue out at me and proceeded to eat.

I dont know why, but I took my eggs outside where, I proceeded to walk in my yard, turn around and stare at my house that's on fire and didn't even bat an eye at it and grumbled about something . That's most detailed/bizarred dream I ever remembered.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know for me I'll feel more settled once we know the date the direct will be now.
But other than that I'm all over the place, sometimes I'm excited at prospects and other times I'm doubting and putting too much into certain things.
I like to enjoy whatever the case is tho, as much as i can :)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Imagine our shock if Shantae is revealed in the Direct. We've been toiling for days about the delayed direct adn then it eneded up holding what we most wanted all along.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
My dream was me waking up, making eggs plopped them down on my dining room table where Shantae sat in her jammies. I think I called her a munchkin or something liked that when I gave her her eggs all she did was stick her tongue out at me and proceeded to eat.

I dont know why, but I took my eggs outside where, I proceeded to walk in my yard, turn around and stare at my house that's on fire and didn't even bat an eye at it and grumbled about something . That's most detailed/bizarred dream I ever remembered.
Holy crap, man, that actually made me giggle uncontrollably. Though I can't help but think you actually made the eggs, like pooped them out, cooked them up, then had Shantae eat them. All before she proceeded to torch the building with a fireball. Which would possibly be Dorkly with the latter portion, but certainly Oney quality for the former portion.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth, I imagine everyone wanting a newcomer is going bonkers right now due to the lack of info. So we aren't suffering alone.

Dunno if this has been linked before, but here guys, have an oldie (well 3 years old about) but goodie, a Burning Town remix by the master of Game Metal covers himself, Johnny Atma ;D

I love this guy's stuff.

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Man I wish I had any shantae related dreams to share. Most of my dreams are just really abstract looking back at them. And I mean jumping on levitating rock platforms to get to a flying train levels of abstract.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd love to have Shantae in my dreams :)
Just seems to be random other stuff tho. It's actually pretty rare I dream of smash related stuff, maybe unless I play a lot in a day.

I'm not sure what Nintendo wants to wait for, since it's good that they did it, but they're still a business. My guess is that they're actually changing some things in it, whatever they might be. Hopefully not too much. I'm still thinking we should get info soon, but I really don't know.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
When/if she is announced with the trailer and everything, what do you think your reaction would/will be ?

I think my reaction would be similar to Daisy's annoucement, I would have my eyes and mouth wide open a few seconds in shock before transitioning into a big smile and a round of applause ^^ Then I would probably watch the trailer a few times in a row
I'm not one to scream and shout though

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
When/if she is announced with the trailer and everything, what do you think your reaction would/will be ?

I think my reaction would be similar to Daisy's annoucement, I would have my eyes and mouth wide open a few seconds in shock before transitioning into a big smile and a round of applause ^^ Then I would probably watch the trailer a few times in a row
Hmm... I thought we already did this discussion? Well, regardless, there are two different reactions that people would have.
This will be for the people that really didn't expect Shantae or even those who did expect Shantae, but were more on the "defeatist" side of things:
Whereas for me, this would be my most approximate, yet accurate reaction to her inclusion:

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

I'm not one to scream and shout though
Considering how bad I want Shantae I would lose my ****. There may be tears and incoherent joyful screaming xD

Top Bottom