• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard of Earthworm Jim for Smash in so long XD Interesting mix, obviously a personal pick of theirs. Shantae looks great tho :)
Admittedly, the Earthworm Jim smashboards support thread... uh... self destructed. So it’s nice to see support for it elsewhere! And nice to see him and Shantae being represented with some industry titans in that fanart!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Admittedly, the Earthworm Jim smashboards support thread... uh... self destructed. So it’s nice to see support for it elsewhere! And nice to see him and Shantae being represented with some industry titans in that fanart!
Did it have anything to do with the dubious opinions of Jim's creator?

Either way, I love Earthworm Jim and would love him in Smash or to just get a proper revival like Crash has seen recently.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Did it have anything to do with the dubious opinions of Jim's creator?

Either way, I love Earthworm Jim and would love him in Smash or to just get a proper revival like Crash has seen recently.
Nope. The thread owner had a pretty big meltdown over Steve getting into Smash and quit the board and allegedly the smash series after quite the tantrum post. Very little’s happened on the thread since then and I think it’s clear why.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Nope. The thread owner had a pretty big meltdown over Steve getting into Smash and quit the board and allegedly the smash series after quite the tantrum post. Very little’s happened on the thread since then and I think it’s clear why.
I checked the thread for myself and damn that reaction was violent! I wish I had this level of eloquence though.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Flaming
I see these 6 as the only ones left with any real decent chances.

Rex
Crash
Ryu Hayabusa
Lol what a loser, I dont like Steve, but that was pathetic.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Off-topic
I checked the thread for myself and damn that reaction was violent! I wish I had this level of eloquence though.
You gotta love how he implicity called everyone on the boards stupid then invites them to check out his games. You can't make up this level of self-absorption, and I feel sorry for those Jim fans that had the misfortune of rallying around him.

A look through that user's post history should have revealed this coming from a mile away.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's the funniest thing about it, throwing flawless shade and still asking for favors xD
There are lots of reasons to make threads. One of those is echo-chambers. I'm sure those kind of people can appear civil when things are going their way, but they do not see you as friends, acquaintances or maybe even as people.

His games won't go far if he's as inflexible and utterly convinced in the righteousness of his visions as he sounds.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
That's only 3 names
I forgot to finish my post!
Rex
Shantae
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash
Phoenix Wright
Yuri

I PREDICT the last three will be a combination of those SIX CHARACTERS!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't predict, that barely ever works in this fandom.

Out of those names, I only see one of those as a safe bet as best, and even then plenty of people doubt the evidence in their favor, even some of their supporters.

One thing for sure is though, we'll see who the next fighter is by the time March ends. Still around two months to go.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I don't predict, that barely ever works in this fandom.
My prediction is the next three characters will be video game characters that existed before the year 2021, and that I will enjoy them as I trust Sakurai and his team continue to put respect and creativity into those characters that they show the rest of the cast.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My prediction is the next three characters will be video game characters that existed before the year 2021, and that I will enjoy them as I trust Sakurai and his team continue to put respect and creativity into those characters that they show the rest of the cast.
On that note, do you think they will get cinematic reveal trailers? Not sure if it'll be plain gameplay montages instead. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Smash 4 yes.
Smash Ultimate: they are going to continue with different styles depending on who is next.

Now, if the characters where 3 out of the 6 on that list. How would their trailers play out?

Edit: I will have my list of how they could show.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
On that note, do you think they will get cinematic reveal trailers? Not sure if it'll be plain gameplay montages instead. :4pacman:
Nah they're absolutely getting cinematic trailers. The Smash 4 DLC got in-engine trailers only, but for Ultimate, the only one to not get a cinematic trailer was Piranha Plant, who was in a weird spot as far as DLC goes anyway. They’re not gonna stop the cinematic trailers midway through pass 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My remaining Fighter's Pass 2 predictions are Chun-Li, Lloyd/Yuri, and Elma.

Chun-Li and Lloyd/Yuri because of this notable 5chan leak from 2018 that predicted Erdrick, Byleth, Steve, and Sephiroth and claimed they were being worked on during base game but scrapped for some reason along with Chun-Li and Lloyd or Yuri:

And Elma because of this pile of potential evidence me and originally Calamitas Calamitas throwed out there:

So with the rumor about Hero, Sephiroth, and Steve being planned all the way back since base game right here:

And Elma's actress talking about a secret project she couldn't discuss around the same time that leak up above popped up on the Internet on 5chan, the timeline adds up if they were also planning to add another Xenoblade rep all the way back then.

What is that? Xenoblade X music is missing from the game?! And what is that? Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought MIA content from their series with them in their Challenger Packs?!

No. I remember Bill Trinen said it.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman

Chun-Li and Lloyd/Yuri because of this notable 5chan leak from 2018 that predicted Erdrick, Byleth, Steve, and Sephiroth and claimed they were being worked on during base game but scrapped for some reason along with Chun-Li and Lloyd or Yuri:

And Elma because of this pile of potential evidence me and originally Calamitas Calamitas throwed out there:
If those were really the case then my hopes for Shantae will be gone and wait until another few years or Smash Ultimate would be the actual end of Smash. Like I said, my hopes for Shantae are really tiny until the next fighter who will not be her then will be poofed.

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

They said that Chun-Li was replaced by Ken, which calls me to question the "leak".

Besides, didn't we already discuss that predictions don't work for Smash?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If those were really the case then my hopes for Shantae will be gone and wait until another few years or Smash Ultimate would be the actual end of Smash. Like I said, my hopes for Shantae are really tiny until the next fighter who will not be her then will be poofed.
They said that Chun-Li was replaced by Ken, which calls me to question the "leak".

Besides, didn't we already discuss that predictions don't work for Smash?
Well, I'm just stating my predictions as well as what I was thinking about that leak. I didn't say you guys had to agree with me or anything just that I was stating my predictions. But I think it was about how most leaks didn't work not predictions I believe. I also think Chun-Li couldn't have been replaced by Ken if true because of her being too unique and impossible to be a Ryu Echo. They would have to make her unique to put her in and Ken a Echo replacing Chun-Li a full unique fighter doesn't sound roght to me. If it's true, perhaps they're saving her for DLC like Sephiroth.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Predictions have always been something people do for fun. Just like expressing your faves.
I don't have any predictions this time around for the last 3 though, and I don't think we'll get what people expect :p

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
You know the "For fun" argument has always been one of the cheapest lines of defense for something in my eyes.
This vague and cheap argument can be used to justify and excuse pretty much anything.
Completely ignoring how useful or valuable these actions truly are.
Anyway...

I also think Chun-Li couldn't have been replaced by Ken if true because of her being too unique and impossible to be a Ryu Echo. They would have to make her unique to put her in and Ken a Echo replacing Chun-Li a full unique fighter doesn't sound roght to me.
Doesn't that immediately debunk that so called "leak" then?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know the "For fun" argument has always been one of the cheapest lines of defense for something in my eyes.
This vague and cheap argument can be used to justify and excuse pretty much anything.
Completely ignoring how useful or valuable these actions truly are.
Anyway...

Doesn't that immediately debunk that so called "leak" then?
If it's the truth then it's not an excuse :p It's literally fun to try to give predictions. And most people wouldn't invest a lot into it and think 'aw man I can't believe I was wrong' or whatever. Some people probably do though, since we have try-hards around too xD

And it's so much better for people to do that than create fake leaks. That's just lying.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well, I'm just stating my predictions as well as what I was thinking about that leak. I didn't say you guys had to agree with me or anything just that I was stating my predictions. But I think it was about how most leaks didn't work not predictions I believe. I also think Chun-Li couldn't have been replaced by Ken if true because of her being too unique and impossible to be a Ryu Echo. They would have to make her unique to put her in and Ken a Echo replacing Chun-Li a full unique fighter doesn't sound roght to me. If it's true, perhaps they're saving her for DLC like Sephiroth.
It does make sense if the purpose was to simply include more Street Fighter representation. They wanted Chun-Li at first due to being more unique but found they didnt have enough time to implement her and then made Ken since he IS Ryu's "echo" fighter even in actual Street Fighter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so they're paying attention to support threads more often now, so let's try to talk about Shantae in every post. I'm not sure how Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy would feel about this.

About the alleged Chun-Li leak...it's from 5Chan, the place that claimed Anlucia would be a Hero skin, and that Steve, Hayabusa and Doom Slayer would be in Fighters Pass 1. I honestly wouldn't put any stock into that.

In all seriousness though, I hope that blasted Udon art book for Shantae actually gets released and not put off for more Street Fighter stuff.

Nah they're absolutely getting cinematic trailers. The Smash 4 DLC got in-engine trailers only, but for Ultimate, the only one to not get a cinematic trailer was Piranha Plant, who was in a weird spot as far as DLC goes anyway. They’re not gonna stop the cinematic trailers midway through pass 2.
I know, I was just kidding around. Thought the Pac-Man emoticon made it obvious.

Dukefire

Smash Master
As I continue to watch speculation and leaks appear while waiting for Challenger 9's reveal either in February or March. I do see some just scraping at the bottom of the barrel just to get their content still rolling.

Of course, while most fan rules are broken. There are few lines that cannot be crossed regarding Sakurai's ideas to blow our minds.

Now to take a stab at the dark, I think that march might be the hot topic for news since stuff is happening there. (Mario 35 vs, Mario All Stars, and the greeting smash invatations going away on March. Plus the Shantae Artbook release date is scheduled in march.) If the character was going to appear at that time, who would it be? (skip coincidences as proven that mostly it is not reliable.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Of course, while most fan rules are broken. There are few lines that cannot be crossed regarding of Sakurai's ideas to blow out minds.

Now to take a stab at the dark, I think that march might be the hot topic for news since stuff is happening there. (Mario 35 vs, Mario All Stars, and the greeting smash invatations going away on March. Plus the Shantae Artbook release date is scheduled in march.) If the character was going to appear at that time, who would it be? (skip coincidences as proven that mostly it is not reliable.)
Given how close-minded people tend to be at times nowadays, it won't take much to surprise them.

Also, don't forget about the Ninja Gaiden trilogy rumors, the release of Crash on mobile (and a possible mystery game announcement), both on March.

If we eliminate the aforementioned NG trilogy rumor, Crash stuff and Shantae artbook, Rayman might be a possibility. Otherwise, I have no clue who it'd be otherwise.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I heard some are now saying that Dr Eggman is the next best thing since Sephiroth descended to battle for 2 reasons I can list:
1. Sonic is the only fighter to represent his series (if you set aside Shadow AT and the other spirits) and the only character without his villain in the base roster. (Cloud = Sephiroth (DLC), Mario = Bowser, Donkey Kong = King K Rool, Link = Ganondorf, Pokemon is self explanatory, Samus = Ridley and Dark Samus, Kirby = King Dedede and Meta Knight, Fox and Falco = Wolf)
2. More iconic villains needed

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
1. Sonic is the only fighter to represent his series and the only character without his villain in the base roster.
I mean... Kid Icarus, Mother, Fire Emblem, Metal Gear, Mega Man, Xenoblade, the list goes on...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, there are so many wishes sent to the sky. Only for 3 to fall as a shooting star to grant the wish of many.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, there are so many wishes sent to the sky. Only for 3 to fall as a shooting star to grant the wish of many.
At least until the goalpost gets moved, anyway.

011.jpg

At any rate, a much more plausible reasoning for assuming Eggman might come is because this is an anniversary year for Sonic, even if anniversaries don't matter much for Smash.

Although if Shantae is anything like :ultbanjokazooie:, then an anniversary wouldn't be needed to be added in Smash at all, except if it's belated, I guess.

Dukefire

Smash Master
At least until the goalpost gets moved, anyway.

At any rate, a much more plausible reasoning for assuming Eggman might come is because this is an anniversary year for Sonic, even if anniversaries don't matter much for Smash.

Although if Shantae is anything like :ultbanjokazooie:, then an anniversary wouldn't be needed to be added in Smash at all, except if it's belated, I guess.
Do you think that a third pass may happen? I don't think it may happen with FP2 appearing like it is the last one. Though, if another happens, I will be surprised.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know if anything will happen to Rayman anymore. Not just in Smash, but his series in general. Ubisoft didn't celebrate his 25th anniversary last year, and it shows. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'd want to see a new Rayman game first. He can get in Smash afterwards. Right now, we need a new main series game after Rayman Legends.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do you think that a third pass may happen? I don't think it may happen with FP2 appearing like it is the last one. Though, if another happens, I will be surprised.
Seeing as the supposed confirmation of it being last was only stated on a Famitsu column, and FP2 is selling gangbusters, only time will tell. :drshrug:

Anyway, I'm leaving this thread until something interesting in March happens.

Top Bottom