• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
If you're feeling down, try picturing Mario X Shantae scenarios in your head. It's what I do to relax these days, while listening to relevant music to provide inspiration.
What? No I’m not feeling down. I just send a Christmas art I made with Mario and Shantae to you guys to check out if you like it or not on Instagram

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I question the brain capacity of Smash fans. For example, that leak claiming Rayman, Ryu and Doomguy are coming to the game. The latter was very obviously deconfirmed prior to the start of FP2, and yet Smash fans are treating this leak as legit just because the user behind it was "100% correct". Very few of this community, such as us, recognise this "leak" as fake and illegitimate. Also, Geno being a Mii has proven the Mallow and Cacodemon Mii Hat leak to be fake. Smash fans should do their research if they know what's best for them. They are setting themselves up for disappointment.

But while Doomguy may never see the light of day in Smash other than a potential Mii Gunner, he has a huge shot at becoming playable in Mortal Kombat 11. #DoomguyForMK11

FemMain26

Smash Apprentice
That leak about Doomguy,Rayman, & Hayabusa coming to Smash had me worried at first but after seeing Geno coming back as a mii costume it`s now come to me that it`s fake.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
That leak about Doomguy,Rayman, & Hayabusa coming to Smash had me worried at first but after seeing Geno coming back as a mii costume it`s now come to me that it`s fake.
Well Doomguy is deconfirmed for this Fighters Pass. Maybe he’ll be in the next volume or in next Smash instalment. I heard the actual source about it before.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sometimes I question the brain capacity of Smash fans. For example, that leak claiming Rayman, Ryu and Doomguy are coming to the game. The latter was very obviously deconfirmed prior to the start of FP2, and yet Smash fans are treating this leak as legit just because the user behind it was "100% correct". Very few of this community, such as us, recognise this "leak" as fake and illegitimate. Also, Geno being a Mii has proven the Mallow and Cacodemon Mii Hat leak to be fake. Smash fans should do their research if they know what's best for them. They are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Can someone explain to me which "leaker"? I was already under the impression it was a fake text leak with no one in particular attached to it.

I told him KirbyWorshipper2465 considered Tails as a Mii to be a deconfirmation.

Besides, he's my friend.
Well, see the thing is that his opinions don't sit well with most of the regulars in this thread. 😓

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me which "leaker"? I was already under the impression it was a fake text leak with no one in particular attached to it.

Well, see the thing is that his opinions don't sit well with most of the regulars in this thread. 😓
1. The "leaker" appears to be anonymous, which is standard for 4chan users, so I don't know who it is.
2. He has gotten some much needed moral support thanks to me. While he isn't gonna change his personal views, I respect that. As a matter of fact, my own views are quite similar to his. But this isn't a political thread. This is a Smash thread.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
It’s a 4chan text leak. It claimed the FP2 list was:
-Min Min and Ninjara
-Doomguy
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Sephiroth
-Steve

Why it’s fake as hell?
-They say Min Min AND Ninjara, back when there was some discussion on if an ARMS fighter would be a Hero type character with multiple characters as alts and remove their unique traits and just keep their stretchy arms
-It’s not in the correct order
-It was posted on a 4chan thread about FIGHTERS PASS WISHLISTS not leaks how are people still falling for it

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
1. The "leaker" appears to be anonymous, which is standard for 4chan users, so I don't know who it is.
2. He has gotten some much needed moral support thanks to me. While he isn't gonna change his personal views, I respect that. As a matter of fact, my own views are quite similar to his. But this isn't a political thread. This is a Smash thread.
Let's just say, your little friend has a history of being a drama queen and overall being somewhat of a nutjob.
So be careful, who you surround yourself with.
(You aren't NintIce, are you?)

In any case, the truth is out there and will come to us, soon enough.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't mind leaks as much as I used to. I think they can be fun if people take them lightly. Which does happen more now that the smash cycle is far along and we've seen so many of them (and how 99.999% are fake). I think it's not really supposed to be something to believe in, it's just ideas. That's overlooking that a lot of people are actively trying to deceive others, which sucks, lol, but what can you do when it's become a sort of trend.. In any case I don't visit 4chan, I only hear about them through others for the most part.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Let's just say, your little friend has a history of being a drama queen and overall being somewhat of a nutjob.
So be careful, who you surround yourself with.
(You aren't NintIce, are you?)

In any case, the truth is out there and will come to us, soon enough.
No, I am not that traitorous son of a ***** N*ntIce. I've never met him, and even then, I think he should be punished for his actions.

Schonberg Schonberg The list also mentioned Rayman.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
In Doomguy's defense, I can't stress enough that SNK did the same thing "deconfirming" a playable rep of their own before. This doesn't mean I support the leak. You can be good at darts but you're not always gonna hit a bullseye. I just think Doomguy still has chances.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just what did I walk into?
Screenshot_20201222-115238_YouTube.jpg

Still, if you want to ship a character, just do it to yourself. Honestly, some just cringe at the idea alone.
Also, here is a shantae artwork for today.
Artist: found the art on twitter, so I apologize to not properly give the original artist credit.
EpdT4ElXIAMVruu.jpeg

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
In Doomguy's defense, I can't stress enough that SNK did the same thing "deconfirming" a playable rep of their own before. This doesn't mean I support the leak. You can be good at darts but you're not always gonna hit a bullseye. I just think Doomguy still has chances.
Doomguy literally doesn't work in Smash. Unlike Joker, Bayonetta and Snake, he is far too violent. Toning him down would never work because Doom was built around gory violence.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doomguy literally doesn't work in Smash. Unlike Joker, Bayonetta and Snake, he is far too violent. Toning him down would never work because Doom was built around gory violence.
I agree with you, but you'll get a ton of people who don't feel that way, just to warn you ;p I've seen all kinds of arguments, so it's a never ending battle. I really don't think doomguy would make it in at all. But plenty of people think it can happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just to speak on, gory violence is from the later Doom games. The original ones were not nearly about gore.

He can easily work fine.

But he's not Shantae either, so. Not that I wouldn't love Doomguy.

Anyway, the leak is kind of odd. Worth noting that Sakurai did actually speak on Ninjara being his second choice. This sounds more like "information that was heard and thrown together with little context" than outright incorrect. Also, leaks don't throw things in "correct order". It just lists what they heard. The order only matters if they say "they'll be released in this order." If it doesn't say that, then it's irrelevant.

I still think it's fake, but does it even mention Ninjara as an alt alone? Implications aren't the same as an outright thing. Besides that, when hearing information, it's a telephone game. It's very easy for someone to hear he wanted Ninjara and Min Min in, and think they'd be an alt situation(as they do have the same bodyshape anyway, it would be possible to do in coding, though like many, they'd lose their personality in doing so).

Here's another example of the telephone game; Verge heard of Isabelle, but his source didn't know if she was a clone or an echo. As the gameplay has her play similar to Villager, you have no real way to tell until you get further information. It's the lack of information that creates assumptions. Verge made it clear he had no idea which one it is, nor took a guess either. In other words, leaks have tidbits of information and can easily misinterpret the data heard. I wouldn't take the information here as instantly fake right now. It sounds too good to be true, imo, but that's all I got for why it would be an easy fake. So basically nothing actually strong against it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I believe if Doomguy was to be represented in Smash, they would have to go with the modern games.
I don't see why that would have to be the case either.

Gore isn't the notable thing with the character. It's the fact he goes through Hell with nothing more than armor and weapons and kicks ass. That's Doomguy. The big thing they changed in later games is give him a better reason to go through Hell at best. Gore is far more notable for Mortal Kombat, and they've toned that down while still keeping the core point(which is the extreme violence... which honestly is pretty much Ridley represents in Smash too, meaning it's been done) quite well. Another series that can be translated well.

There's no such case as "we can only represent it one way" to begin with. There's more than one way. There's a difference between an opinion and some kind of fact. There's nothing to back up the idea they'd only choose the modern design. Especially since if we're talking about Sakurai, he has appreciation for the classic games due to being important to the FPS genre as a whole.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The leak sucks, and if those characters make it in I'll be really disappointed in the dlc choices XD
In any case like always it's best to treat is as most likely fake.

We have a few months before we see the next character. Would be nice earlier than later :p

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Can you grab me a source on that? I don’t recall SNK saying anything unless it was a vague statement like Grant Kirkhope’s post. You try to avoid outright lying when under NDA to avoid upsetting your consumers, even if you have to mislead them by saying there’s nothing to say at that time.

Unless it was as concrete as ID software’s response, I’d question it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think for the next game I'll just be around here for base game speculation as that's the more fun and interesting time in speculation anyway since most characters ain't deconfirmed or passed off as deconfirmed yet. The DLC line-up for both Smash 4 and Ultimate have been pretty meh to me with me just getting 3 characters that I actually wanted and two that were okay being :4mewtwo: returning in Smash 4 and :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultsephiroth:, :ult_terry:, and :ultminmin. The rest I really had no interest in. And while it isn't the case with all DLC characters, I feel like 90% of them are characters Nintendo and said developers are just trying to commercialize a game with at the moment more so than catering to more fan favorites. I think base game is more interesting to me because and that is way I won't be here for Smash 6 DLC speculation.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
While we wait for more news, here somewhat of a reminder and something you should keep in mind.
I don't know what you're trying to do with these uncalled for reminders, but if you're looking for allies in your grudge, you're not likely to find them in a forum dedicated to fans of a series that owes a lot to the company in question giving it places to live.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know what you're trying to do with these uncalled for reminders, but if you're looking for allies in your grudge, you're not likely to find them in a forum dedicated to fans of a series that owes a lot to the company in question giving it places to live.
I think there's better places to talk about it, but nintendo does a lot of things that players have hated. And remember this site has melee players too. It's not just that though, they've done a lot of things that not only is annoying for youtubers, streamers, and more, but beyond what other companies would, Nintendo is not a perfect company at all.

Again though, I think that's something to talk about in a thread more around that. There's no reason to discuss it in a support thread :p

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
You literally just misquoted me by removing Joker and Snake. Bruh.
Joker & Snake don't have enough gorefests unlike Bayonetta you claim because has less than Doom's amount she's ok. It's still blood & gore but hey, nice attempt dodging the point.

Can you grab me a source on that? I don’t recall SNK saying anything unless it was a vague statement like Grant Kirkhope’s post. You try to avoid outright lying when under NDA to avoid upsetting your consumers, even if you have to mislead them by saying there’s nothing to say at that time.

Unless it was as concrete as ID software’s response, I’d question it.

"I'd love that, please Nintendo-san!" implying like talks haven't yet happened or at least a decision being made.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just saying while thinking, what if the indie rep is actually meat boy. (Not because of Indie Pogo. I do remember the creators of Meat Boy wanted him in on a post years ago.)

For real, the challengers could be anyone since sakurai has been presenting characters that is either known or just wasn't highly anticipated. So, near the end of february may be the time to gather speculation after time has pass.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Just saying while thinking, what if the indie rep is actually meat boy. (Not because of Indie Pogo. I do remember the creators of Meat Boy wanted him in on a post years ago.)

For real, the challengers could be anyone since sakurai has been presenting characters that is either known or just wasn't highly anticipated. So, near the end of february may be the time to gather speculation after time has pass.
Or even Cadence from Crypt of the NecroDancer seeing as Nintendo shared it's Zelda IP to create that Cadence of Hyrule crossover game but I'll still be rooting for Shantae. She's the closest than any other indie having an actual presence within Ultimate in a position that doesn't deconfirm her.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Joker & Snake don't have enough gorefests unlike Bayonetta you claim because has less than Doom's amount she's ok. It's still blood & gore but hey, nice attempt dodging the point.

"I'd love that, please Nintendo-san!" implying like talks haven't yet happened or at least a decision being made.
...Yeah no, that definitely falls into the standard NDA response category. The fact even you yourself used ‘implying’ to describe what it might mean shows there’s ambiguity there, not to mention it’s a generally playfully toned statement. Nothing saying ‘no talks have happened’, nothing saying it isn’t coming, not even a ‘we approached Nintendo but it’s up to them”.

As opposed to ID software about Doomguy and smash, “It’s one of those things where it’s like, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool?’ But it’s never gone anywhere serious.” That’s cut and dry, and definite in its final sentence.

Top Bottom