• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Oh for crying out loud....
I literally just said it's not your opinion, but you saying he should be removed based just on your opinion.
What is so hard to understand about that?
Is it hard to respect my opinion? Not saying I want to remove him. just don’t have many taste on him is all. Like I said, if he stays, cool. That’s it so please stop keep on replying me back over this stupid argument or I have to report you for keep on going.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Is it hard to respect my opinion? Not saying I want to remove him. just don’t have many taste on him is all. Like I said, if he stays, cool. That’s it so please stop keep on replying me back over this stupid argument or I have to report you for keep on going.
I told you your opinion on Cloud is not the issue. You can like or dislike him however you want.

But whatever. I give up trying to explain it to you.
Subject change, please!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sorry to interrupt this latest episode of Kamen Rider written by Toshiki Inoue (misunderstandings), but this Crash rumor brought up a rather curious text leak that supposedly spoils what'll be in the event.

I can't post the text leak itself due to the offensive tripname, but some of what they claim has seemingly come true so far.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
Does that coincide with that "Crash in Smash" leak that you guys mentioned recently?
Maybe, maybe not. The last line claims "something Kingdom Hearts related at the end, and yes it's exactly what you think it is", so we're likely to be looking at conflicting leaks.

In the coming days, it'll be tough to sort out this maze of what is or isn't true until the Awards get here.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Sorry to interrupt this latest episode of Kamen Rider written by Toshiki Inoue (misunderstandings), but this Crash rumor brought up a rather curious text leak that supposedly spoils what'll be in the event.

I can't post the text leak itself due to the offensive tripname, but some of what they claim has seemingly come true so far.
What text leak? That twitter thing doesn't have any link anywhere,

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm still waking up so having trouble making sense of it, but they're saying an actual crash fighting game?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What text leak? That twitter thing doesn't have any link anywhere,
https://crashynews.wordpress.com/20...k-at-rumoured-crash-bandicoot-pvp-video-game/
https://crashynews.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/screenshot-2020-12-05-220605.png?w=1400&h=

I'm still waking up so having trouble making sense of it, but they're saying an actual crash fighting game?
It looks to be a party game of some sort. Like a more elaborate successor to Crash Bash.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
On different news...

Sigh... Nintendo...
What's wrong with you? :/

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Touching on the KH thing at the end, it might actually be Kingdom Hearts 4, which has been rumoured and speculated lately. Going back to Smash, earlier this year, it was reported that Disney of Japan blocked Sora's entry into SSBU, which I figured would happen due to Sora being owned by Disney and not Square Enix, essentially making him a fourth party character in video game form. Plus both companies are stingy with their IPs.

Even if Sora was to be playable, it would be very hard to represent him without Disney, since his series is drenched in fourth party content. Now sure, he has appeared in other media without Disney content in them (at least according to someone I heard), but this is Smash Bros., not some random game.

So, my guess is that the Kingdom Hearts thing at the end is either KH4 or nothing at all.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
On different news...

Sigh... Nintendo...
What's wrong with you? :/
Seriously? Wow. I wonder if there's more to the story, but if they really did that because of the melee support, that's insanely mean of them.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Crash Bash-Boom-Bang?

Seriously? Wow. I wonder if there's more to the story, but if they really did that because of the melee support, that's insanely mean of them.
Melee players don't really make themselves look like angels most of the time either. And that's all I will say about that here, you can go the front page articles on this site if you want to hear more.

As Professor Oak would say: "There is a time and place for everything! But not showing solidarity to an anti-Nintendo implied hashtag at an official Nintendo event".

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Defcon 1: Blocked Content is at it again.

Does any of this look legit to you guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M21_9Agspxk

Also, how can Spirit Events tie into character reveals? They don't. If there was a Spirit Event of something like Super Mario RPG, then what's the point of adding DLC Spirits with Geno? It just ruins the idea of including Geno as a Fighter.

EDIT: I realised this video is one week old.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Defcon 1: Blocked Content is at it again.

Does any of this look legit to you guys? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M21_9Agspxk

Also, how can Spirit Events tie into character reveals? They don't. If there was a Spirit Event of something like Super Mario RPG, then what's the point of adding DLC Spirits with Geno? It just ruins the idea of including Geno as a Fighter.

EDIT: I realised this video is one week old.
Defcon 5. The least worrying. Blocked Content is no different than LaxChris, just with slightly better production values. They report on any “leak” they can find, no matter how fake or far fetched, and present it as potentially true up until a “oh but it could also be 100% bogus who knows”.

It’s clickbait. Ignore it.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think the issue is twofold:
  • Nintendo hating game modding
  • Nintendo wanting to kill the relevance of past entires.

So yeah, it's basically about control and monopoly.
They always hated game modding and always equated it to piracy with absolute statements.
And they also don't want competition. Not even with themselves.
It seems that as soon as the newest entry of a series is out, they want to all previous entries to just explode on the spot.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the issue is twofold:
  • Nintendo hating game modding
  • Nintendo wanting to kill the relevance of past entires.

So yeah, it's basically about control and monopoly.
They always hated game modding and always equated it to piracy with absolute statements.
And they also don't want competition. Not even with themselves.
It seems that as soon as the newest entry of a series is out, they want to all previous entries to just explode on the spot.
Yeah but it's pretty crazy that they'd turn against other game communities like splatoon even just for supporting it.

There's good arguments for being able to play those games online, it's not even illegal to have the iso of the game if someone owns the original copy, and yeth that's the argument nintendo used. They should listen to the community, but clearly they're big headed.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Defcon 5. The least worrying. Blocked Content is no different than LaxChris, just with slightly better production values. They report on any “leak” they can find, no matter how fake or far fetched, and present it as potentially true up until a “oh but it could also be 100% bogus who knows”.

Yeah, and looking through the comments, many people have pointed out that it's fake. So yeah, we're safe.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

I didn't realize those 2 were still making Smash leak videos. Though I never took them seriously either way.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah but it's pretty crazy that they'd turn against other game communities like splatoon even just for supporting it.

There's good arguments for being able to play those games online, it's not even illegal to have the iso of the game if someone owns the original copy, and yeth that's the argument nintendo used. They should listen to the community, but clearly they're big headed.
Who, in this day and age, is going to shell out the cash to get a legit physical copy upon watching tourneys of a game no longer for sale? Even shelling out hundreds on Amazon or whatever for physical earns Nintendo zero cents.

And before you suggest they remake or remaster Melee to circumvent this problem, that's just a lost cause in terms of sales (to the casual player it has little to nothing to offer compared to Ultimate) and pleasing the hardcore (any and all changes will be blasted by people used to playing an almost 20-year old game).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Who, in this day and age, is going to shell out the cash to get a legit physical copy upon watching tourneys of a game no longer for sale? Even shelling out hundreds on Amazon or whatever for physical earns Nintendo zero cents.

And before you suggest they remake or remaster Melee to circumvent this problem, that's just a lost cause in terms of sales (to the casual player it has little to nothing to offer compared to Ultimate) and pleasing the hardcore (any and all changes will be blasted by people used to playing an almost 20-year old game).
Huh? every melee player I know has the physical copy. (that's not to say everyone who played for fun at tourneys had one, but it wasn't online)
I sold mine to a friend because I've basically stopped playing melee for now.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Mhm. It's not even a video game franchise. It's an anime. Why would Nintendo add an anime of all things to Smash?
And it’s not even a series where people could even THINK of debating it, like a visual novel series that expanded into an anime or multimedia whatever. This is JUST an anime.

The fact that they would make a video about it and the theme of the video not being “seriously? We’re trying to pass THIS as a leak now?” tells you what you need to know about the channel.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Owning the ISO is only legal, if you dumped it yourself.
But yeah, if this issue were to be taken to court, I think it would be up to Nintendo prove that the copies used were actually made illegaly.

In the end though, this is nothing new for Nintendo.
Nintendo has always equated modding, emulation and hacking to piracy, hiding behind absolute statements, preventing any and all discourse on this subject.
Even though the law is not on their side on this.

C&Ds are only a threat. An attempt to get your way, via intimidation.
And sadly, since common people can't afford a lawsuit, it always works.
Which basically allows companies to run their own twisted version of the law, and since common people have no way to combat this, they will always succeed in forcing people to submit to their rule.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Owning the ISO is only legal, if you dumped it yourself.
But yeah, if this issue were to be taken to court, I think it would be up to Nintendo prove that the copies used were actually made illegaly.

In the end though, this is nothing new for Nintendo.
Nintendo has always equated modding, emulation and hacking to piracy, hiding behind absolute statements, preventing any and all discourse on this subject.
Even though the law is not on their side on this.

C&Ds are only a threat. An attempt to get your way, via intimidation.
And sadly, since common people can't afford a lawsuit, it always works.
Which basically allows companies to run their own twisted version of the law, and since common people have no way to combat this, they will always succeed in forcing people to submit to their rule.
I think the worst in this case isn't the legal side, but just that everyone's isolated in their homes, and arent able to go to offline tourneys. It's just a blow to the community as a whole right now, on the melee side at least.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Same here. Though, I do want to see what big announcements the companies are planning to present during the event.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given how both Smash reveals for the second fighter pass so far happened after the conclusion of Smash Bros Challenge Cups, I'd be more inclined to look at the 3rd week of December for potential news

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know what to expect in TGA. Maybe something interesting we might experience. Maybe something new, maybe something pretty different for us. We don’t know. Tbh, I don’t want to expect any Smash reveals in case if it won’t happen like last year. Don’t know if it’s the case but I think the reason Joker was revealed in Smash as first ever DLC in TGA because I think to make the very first DLC fighter “unexpectedly” before the full release date of Smash Ultimate. It really fits for all of us “never see it coming”. It fits so well.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think the worst in this case isn't the legal side, but just that everyone's isolated in their homes, and arent able to go to offline tourneys. It's just a blow to the community as a whole right now, on the melee side at least.
Unfortunately, corporate people couldn't care less about this.
Legalities are headache inducing at times
Yeah, especially if the law is filled with so many contradictions.

On that note, Nerrel's videos are very enlightening on this subject:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, corporate people couldn't care less about this.

Yeah, especially if the law is filled with so many contradictions.

On that note, Nerrel's videos are very enlightening on this subject:
Well, companies that care about their fans will do better.
What if eventually some begin a movement of boycotting nintendo games? that wouldnt be good for them. People are upset with other things they do too.
Though, considering how fun the games are, that might be hard to do XD

Top Bottom