• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Oh I just realise something interesting about those spirits to fighters. I realised Min Min spirit is next to Bomberman spirit and Shantae spirit. Min Min first got in as a fighter, Bomberman got in as a Mii and the only spirit who should be next is Shantae. either as a Mii or a fighter but god sake please no Mii.
I am confident that she won't be a Mii.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay, now this is getting sketchy. Normally, unless they plan a double reveal, only one character can be leaked. Shinobi leaked Banjo-Kazooie before his reveal, and he was revealed alongside Hero. To be able to know who the Fighter after the upcoming Fighter is, you would have to break into Sora Ltd. and find Sakurai's list of upcoming characters or something like that or hack into the system, which would both land you in deep trouble and Nintendo has made Smash harder to for dataminers to access the game's files. It shouldn't be possible for the leaker to know about two characters at the same time unless they are being worked on back to back and are being saved for a double reveal. So yeah, this all sounds pretty sus, as the leaker should only have knowledge of Crash and not Shantae, and yet somehow he knows Shantae is coming, which would only be possible if they're planning a double reveal.

Either way, we'll have to wait and see in VGA 2020. Could be Crash, could be Shantae, or could be both.
Those leakers have insiders in specific companies that aren't nintendo.
If this one has direct info in nintendo, which would explain the rest of the stuff that covers a longer period of time, then it's not that really odd to know the 2 next characters.

But you should know you can never trust 4chan leaks XD
If crash somehow ends up being next, I'll be giving it more thought :p

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Those leakers have insiders in specific companies that aren't nintendo.
If this one has direct info in nintendo, which would explain the rest of the stuff that covers a longer period of time, then it's not that really odd to know the 2 next characters.

But you should know you can never trust 4chan leaks XD
If crash somehow ends up being next, I'll be giving it more thought :p
The leak didn't propose a double reveal but at the same time didn't rule it out.

Like I said before, we should just wait until December 10th to find out. It could be Crash, it could be Shantae, it could be both or it could be someone else entirely. Only 8 days left.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Can we just wait and see if Game Awards will even GET reveals at all?

Meanwhile, there is now going to be a spirit event active on the same week as the Mario 35 tourney.

I'm all for that idea

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just control the hype once the VGA arrives. Smash may not appear since the joker reveal was big enough to get the Fighter Pass DLC started in 2018.

You can if you want, just be warned about others and salt level. Also, does anyone wants to make another Bingo chart for the VGA 2020?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
The thing about the leak I posted was when I found it in early November the Switch 11.0 update wasnt a thing as I recall, at that point the earliest I could confirm was the Animal Crossing Holiday related updates that happened about two weeks later which did happen but not the way it was said in the leak. You cant craft vegetables or toys but they do play a part in the update.

Now I heard apparently that the content of the update was datamined or something so the holiday stuff was "common" knowledge. Which would mean this leaking this update wouldnt be an actual leak more just trying to trick people int thinking it was a proper leak of Animal Crosing updates. I can't confirm that since I dont follow Animal Crossing at all. BUT I think personally the leak here had info on the update and possibly made a reasonable assumption based on the info they got about it due to lack of details.

Now this same leak has something that could very well correlate to the new NSO app, you can access NES and SNES simultaneously. This new app defintely seems like it could end up being that "one app that has N64, Gamecube, Wii, ameboy, and Gameboy Advance (and NES and SNES) all together.

Can anyone confirm if info on the 11.0 update was known at all in early November?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I usually find awards shows long and boring, but I guess I should try to watch some of the vga.
At what point did joker show up in the one he did, was it near the end of it?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Joker showed up a few minutes before midnight, near the very end.
And a few minutes before Smash Ultimate's midnight release in stores. That was probably the big reason Joker was shown off during TGA 2018. I'm just not sure Nintendo will have a reason to show another Smash character off at the show again. I hope they do, but I'm not expecting them to tbh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And a few minutes before Smash Ultimate's midnight release in stores. That was probably the big reason Joker was shown off during TGA 2018. I'm just not sure Nintendo will have a reason to show another Smash character off at the show again. I hope they do, but I'm not expecting them to tbh.
Well, there should at least be some sort of reason for Nintendo to be there at all beyond broadcasting Smash ads and seeing if any of their games have won any awards. I would take any sort of interesting game news over pointless musical performance fluff and endless commercials, it doesn't matter if it has anything to do with Ultimate or not. We know that Tokyo is present this year, and that's it so far.

I want a reason to watch the Game Awards this year. If Geoff doesn't deliver, then he's wasted his final chance for me to pay his nonsense any mind.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well, there should at least be some sort of reason for Nintendo to be there at all beyond broadcasting Smash ads and seeing if any of their games have won any awards. I would take any sort of interesting game news over pointless musical performance fluff and endless commercials, it doesn't matter if it has anything to do with Ultimate or not. We know that Tokyo is present this year, and that's it so far.

I want a reason to watch the Game Awards this year. If Geoff doesn't deliver, then he's wasted his final chance for me to pay his nonsense any mind.

All I'm really hoping for from Nintendo at TGA 2020 is a Breath of the Wild 2 update trailer.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm just excited to see what announcement shows up at the VGA and interested how the music for the GOTY will play out. Also, how the music team will transition from Animal Crossing to Doom Eternal during the performance.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
I want to see if a Crash game reveal crops up. Also, an announcement for the release date to Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: Complete Edition.
I dunno, feels a bit too soon to announce a Crash 5, the newest game isn’t even 2 months old.
Now, if Toys for Bob reveals that they’ve also been working on a proper Spyro 4? THAT would get me jumpin’.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno, feels a bit too soon to announce a Crash 5, the newest game isn’t even 2 months old.
Now, if Toys for Bob reveals that they’ve also been working on a proper Spyro 4? THAT would get me jumpin’.
The thing is, we have no idea what Beenox has been doing for the past several months besides their assistance on Crash 4 and Tony Hawk, so we could get a new spin-off. There's been rumors of a PvP game for a good bit.

Plus, this clip has things that aren't in Crash 4:

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
I am keeping my expectations in check for VGA 2020, but I think a Smash reveal is possible, or even two Smash reveals. As mentioned before, the leak (which will either be proven real or fake by December 10th) didn't propose a double reveal featuring Crash and Shantae while at the same time not ruling it out. I'd say we can either get Crash, Shantae, both or someone else entirely at VGA 2020.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I am keeping my expectations in check for VGA 2020, but I think a Smash reveal is possible, or even two Smash reveals. As mentioned before, the leak (which will either be proven real or fake by December 10th) didn't propose a double reveal featuring Crash and Shantae while at the same time not ruling it out. I'd say we can either get Crash, Shantae, both or someone else entirely at VGA 2020.
I'm gonna play it safe and not assume that that leak is real. As far as potential fighters go, I thought about it long and hard for a few hours while at work today and decided to make a list of characters that I personally think are likely, possible and unlikely of coming to Smash Ultimate. I'm gonna be naming a lot of characters, so I hope you all don't mind me not explaining my reasons for each character, but just know that I haven't changed my stance on Shantae. She's still my Number 1 Most-Wanted fighter 👍 But here is where I think she, and a bunch of other characters stand:

Likely: Ryu Hayabusa.

Possible: Shantae, Geno, Lloyd Irving, Crash Bandicoot, BotW Zelda and Rex & Pyra.

Unlikely: Waluigi, Rillaboom, Urshifu, Arle, Dante, Monster Hunter, Reimu, Doomguy, Master Chief, 2B, Sora, Rayman, KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Spyro, Asuka, Sol Badguy, Ragna the Bloodedge, Rean Schwarzer, Adol Christian, or any other characters from Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, Konami, Bandai Namco, Microsoft, SNK or Koei Tecmo.

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, what's gonna happen to this thread after Shantae gets in Smash? Are we gonna close up shop and say goodbye? If that's the case, I don't mind. I will always have a place in this community.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Soooo, what's gonna happen to this thread after Shantae gets in Smash? Are we gonna close up shop and say goodbye? If that's the case, I don't mind. I will always have a place in this community.
It'll still be there, with the occasional post about whatever the series is getting.

You can always move to another character support base afterwards, those always need a few good fans.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
T The Robot Dump when a character gets in, the support thread gets put into the character's section and can even be turned into the social thread for it.
Altho, Yellowlord hasn't been on the site since 2019, so in order to change the first page we'd need someone to either be able to take it over and if not then a new thread. But we'd all be there to talk about her and shantae things one way or another :p

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
That and the initial reaction of her getting in (good or bad, but that is the initial reaction before being accepted.).

Sometimes, it's those characters some or many aren't paying attention to that could be the next challenger. Either set as a joke
Screenshot_20201203-184848_YouTube.jpg
or the character is being overshadowed by others for reasons. (As stated many times before.)

Also, old artwork comic from Twitter after Min Min's arrival
Artist: SenchoDoodle
EbsYQVIWsAITvob.jpeg
EbsYQxEWAAAnJzy.jpeg

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
I am certain that the leak with Sora fighting with Incineroar is fake. It might just be a Shulk mod as well as Photoshop. There are only screenshots, which are the most common forms of fake leaks. There is no gameplay, no Final Smash, nothing to prove that it is real, just like the Mallow and Cacodemon Mii hat leak.

Dukefire

Smash Master
It is getting somewhat harder to tell what is real or fake thanks to technology today. Still, some that believed it for the moment are going back to the drawing board.
Screenshot_20201203-234658_YouTube.jpg

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
If it turns out I'm wrong I will gladly eat my words, but i can't see that recent "Sora" leak as anything but fake. The render might be ok in regards to poly count and texture, but when it comes to personality it really falls flat. I can understand the character having a very blank, emotionless face in usual fighting conditions, where you might not see the face to well or can't account for everything happening to the character, but a character select screen is focusing mainly on a character's face and is a very controlled environment.

Putting him up against Incineroar in particular points this out more than anything. Incineroar is so bombastic and expressive even if he wouldn't need to be to work as a character. I just don't see Sakurai's team going so bland on any character with a visible face capable of emoting. Particularly with a character who is most traditionally shown being very animated and expressive as Sora.

This doesn't mean Sora can't be in, it just means that this Sora isn't.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If it turns out I'm wrong I will gladly eat my words, but i can't see that recent "Sora" leak as anything but fake. The render might be ok in regards to poly count and texture, but when it comes to personality it really falls flat. I can understand the character having a very blank, emotionless face in usual fighting conditions, where you might not see the face to well or can't account for everything happening to the character, but a character select screen is focusing mainly on a character's face and is a very controlled environment.

Putting him up against Incineroar in particular points this out more than anything. Incineroar is so bombastic and expressive even if he wouldn't need to be to work as a character. I just don't see Sakurai's team going so bland on any character with a visible face capable of emoting. Particularly with a character who is most traditionally shown being very animated and expressive as Sora.

This doesn't mean Sora can't be in, it just means that this Sora isn't.
ITs fake! its been pointed out nuerous times some of the pics had Monado light in it from his attacks!

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
There are only two leaks that sound believable to me. The list of characters Nintendo gave to Sakurai and the Tanooki Luigi leak saying that Crash and Shantae are coming to Smash, which could possibly (key word: possibly) mean a double reveal at TGA 2020. In my opinion, that seems like the most likely outcome.

But these two leaks are only part of the 1% of leaks which are real. 99% of them are mostly just wishlists, false information or borderline trolling, like gechotaris claiming that he saw a Shantae Mii Costume on the Canadian Smash website and it got pulled. There is nothing to prove his case and Kazoka called him out for it by saying "Please stop spreading false information without proof." He didn't even make the video he promised. He's lying. This counts as both false information and trolling.

All in all, out of any leak community I've seen, the Smash community is the most untrustworthy. Call of Duty and Battlefield leakers are way more reliable due to them having actual proof for their claims. It's sad that only 1% out of all Smash leaks are trustworthy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think double reveals are in the past. For E3 it makes sense because it's huge, lots of people watch it. But vga.. well, it's alright, but not really big. I just don't see a double reveal anymore.

Top Bottom