• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Eh, who knows why someone says no comment, but it's not impossible for travis to be in the pass somewhere. doesn't have to be fighter 7.
Would rather see someone else, but he'd be interesting as a game character.

I don't think anyone knows who 7 is right now. It's getting closer though so expect tons of rumours and fake leaks like usual.
We'll see when it's time :)

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, apparently there's some kind of speculation going on with Fighter 7? I have no idea what's going on myself, but I'm hoping someone who is more speculative can fill me in what's going on over there.
From what I remember reading, someone reported that a direct will be occuring the second week of October. They predicted a multitude of titles that seemed "too good to be true". I only remember a new Wario title. Lastly, they predicted Crash coming as the next DLC.

zferolie

Smash Hero
From what I remember reading, someone reported that a direct will be occuring the second week of October. They predicted a multitude of titles that seemed "too good to be true". I only remember a new Wario title. Lastly, they predicted Crash coming as the next DLC.
i really don't think we are getting any actual directs this year. just partner showcases and game focused ones...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I’d like to see some kind of Smash Direct Mini or something. Sakurai could give a presentation on FP7 and reveal FP8. Could go over any other interesting plans or things like that. Not expecting it, but it’d be neat.
I do think FP7 is coming in the next two weeks though.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I’d like to see some kind of Smash Direct Mini or something. Sakurai could give a presentation on FP7 and reveal FP8. Could go over any other interesting plans or things like that. Not expecting it, but it’d be neat.
I do think FP7 is coming in the next two weeks though.
It may even show up next week. Seems like every DLC fighter was revealed before the 7-11 Smash ads in Japan would end and with the current one ending on Oct 4th...

Min Min has so far been the only exception of this getting delayed for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For those unaware, WF's Trollhunters game was out a couple days ago. Maybe it'll be counted among the milestones?

Also, James Montagna interview.

Anyone specific that said this? For some time, a few folks like me assumed we'd hear something on the week of the 5th/the first full week of the month (assuming Pokémon Crown of Tundra news don't suddenly pop out of nowhere for that week), but I didn't know of anyone that got things consistently right recently.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For those unaware, WF's Trollhunters game was out a couple days ago. Maybe it'll be counted among the milestones?

Also, James Montagna interview.

Anyone specific that said this? For some time, a few folks like me assumed we'd hear something on the week of the 5th/the first full week of the month (assuming Pokémon Crown of Tundra news don't suddenly pop out of nowhere for that week), but I didn't know of anyone that got things consistently right recently.
No question about shantae in smash :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So do you think Nintendo will ever decide to buyout any Indie studios especially WayForward if a big monopoly plays out in the industry?
It doesn't seem likely to me. They generally leave them to their own devices and already have directs dedicated entirely towards lesser-known indies. So far, monopolies usually seem to happen for companies that are struggling for some extended amount of time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It doesn't seem likely to me. They generally leave them to their own devices and already have directs dedicated entirely towards lesser-known indies. So far, monopolies usually seem to happen for companies that are struggling for some extended amount of time.
Well, if a monopoly does happen I hope Nintendo buys out WayForward so our girl can become a official member of the Nintendo family.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, if a monopoly does happen I hope Nintendo buys out WayForward so our girl can become a official member of the Nintendo family.
They are pretty traditional in some aspects as a company, so I still can't really see them doing that. They aren't exactly Disney.

Besides, they apparently own a war chest of funds as a contingency plan, in the event something goes down.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They are pretty traditional in some aspects as a company, so I still can't really see them doing that. They aren't exactly Disney.

Besides, they apparently own a war chest of funds as a contingency plan, in the event something goes down.
I just hope Microsoft and Sony don't buyout the industry themselves. I want some of my favorite franchises to be saved by Nintendo if things come down to that.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I'm pulling for fighter 7 to be revealed this next week with the 7/11 ad. As for predictions? I don't think it'll be Shantae for fighter 7. I think she's more of a fighter 9 or 10 reveal. I'm predicting Rex and Pyra.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I say that Crash Bandicoot might be next (not because of rumors, but his history as Mario and Sonic's third challenger in Gaming history) and possibly someone else to follow as a teaser. (IDK who)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm pulling for fighter 7 to be revealed this next week with the 7/11 ad. As for predictions? I don't think it'll be Shantae for fighter 7. I think she's more of a fighter 9 or 10 reveal. I'm predicting Rex and Pyra.
So two fighters for Xenoblade 2?
I don't think the fans will like that...

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
lol Microsoft sucsk and doesnt understand having a billion new owned IPs doesnt mean *** * if you have no exclusives and only marginally better specs than the competition.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So two fighters for Xenoblade 2?
I don't think the fans will like that...
I dont think they'll like another 1st party reveal for the Fighter Pass, this long drought needs something HYPE to get people excited and into buying the pass.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont think they'll like another 1st party reveal for the Fighter Pass, this long drought needs something HYPE to get people excited and into buying the pass.
I expect 2 more first parties, and 3 third party. dunno what order they'll do though

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't care how important the next character will even be. The wait's been long enough that anyone will be exciting for me at this point.

Someone out there will care about the next character, whoever it is. It's not going to be some literally who from an indie game that hasn't been released yet.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Theres gonna be a LOT of “leaks” and speculation due to the Smash amiibos coming out in the next week or two in addition to the 7/11 ads. I do hope that the pattern holds true for both those factors leading up to Smash news. Just remember to be skeptical.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'm still hopeful for FP7 being Shantae but if Nintendo is still kicking off that Mario 35th Anniversary, if I had to guess, the Waluigi/Geno fans may finally get their wish or perhaps it'll be somebody else like Pauline.

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Well folks:

Looks like we have our Pokémon news for this week. Considering next week is the Smash Amiibo launch, and the pattern of Nintendo announcing several things in a row during the pandemic instead of single Directs... it may be happening.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well folks:

Looks like we have our Pokémon news for this week. Considering next week is the Smash Amiibo launch, and the pattern of Nintendo announcing several things in a row during the pandemic instead of single Directs... it may be happening.
So this week is pokemon, and next week hopefully is smash news

Dukefire

Smash Master
so maybe smash and pokemon in the same week? guess its possible
It has happen before in the past. Also, The Pokémon Company is responsible for their own announcements, so Nintendo posting Smash days after Pokémon isn't a problem.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Timing might make some people speculate pokemon character for the dlc again.
Every single time a game is announced for the Switch makes people speculate that character is coming to Smash, hah.

Also yeah, Min Min's presentation was the same week as Pokemon News, so Smash news this week definitely could happen. Could also happen next week. I think the chances are pretty great for one of these weeks, I'm excited to see who FP7 is (and maybe even an FP8 tease?).

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hopeful for FP7 being Shantae but if Nintendo is still kicking off that Mario 35th Anniversary, if I had to guess, the Waluigi/Geno fans may finally get their wish or perhaps it'll be somebody else like Pauline.
My guess is Geno or Crash.

I'm not remotely sure on anything outside those two atm.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Looks like we're definitely hearing something next week.

Also, he'll post about the upcoming Sakurai column.

That said, this is the last time I post in this thread until news actually come, so I'll see you on the other side, I guess.

Timing might make some people speculate pokemon character for the dlc again.
And no one's going to believe anyone saying that The Pokémon Company barely even want any major Pokémon-related DLC that doesn't involve selling separate physical releases, yet again. It's going to be the same old song and dance until next year ends. :glare:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Stupid question that might start a flame war, but do you guys think that Shantae's games will become more popular than Shovel Knight, Undertale, or Cuphead if she makes it in first as the first ever playable Indie rep?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Stupid question that might start a flame war, but do you guys think that Shantae's games will become more popular than Shovel Knight, Undertale, or Cuphead if she makes it in first as the first ever playable Indie rep?
Lol, yeah if she makes it in smash as a fighter.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
yeah to an extent.

Top Bottom