• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Really, all of us has been fed slowly with juicy announcements for September. (Both images from Kirbo and the Amazing Mirror.)
Screenshot_20200925-101754_YouTube.jpg

Of course, Nintendo knows we are waiting for the main dish to be served. Just that how we react is a gamble since we don't know what Sakurai has prepared for us in the kitchen. For me, I have let go most of my biased hype to get the best out of it when ready.
Screenshot_20200925-101351_YouTube.jpg

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly the coolest part of this pokemon news was the ending music video. Some great animation.

22nd release date was a bit of a surprise. They sadly didnt give us any info on the new pokemon, which was what i was mostly looking forward to. That and Past champions showing up for that new mode, but nope.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The announcement is 11 mins long. So I doubt they had a lot to give for this video.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Isnt there usually a Smash tweet on tuesdays at 10am EST?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
One of the sakurai's pic tweets?
He made one 11 hours ago. Dunno if it's always regular.
Why did you respond when you didnt bother to read my tweet? Things happen at 10am EST on Tuesdays right?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
One of the sakurai's pic tweets?
He made one 11 hours ago. Dunno if it's always regular.
The Sakurai POTD tweets are always at 11pm est.

I think Shinuto meant a tweet covering Nintendo for the day... which they haven't done yet.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why did you respond when you didnt bother to read my tweet? Things happen at 10am EST on Tuesdays right?
Huh? Calm down. I didn't know what you were talking about. Was asking you.

I think Shinuto meant a tweet covering Nintendo for the day... which they haven't done yet.
Covering nintendo?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

yeah don't they usually do that? Does it mean smething if they dont right?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So it's not a smash tweet then?
No

That said around 9pm est tonight the Japan Smash twitter account may post about the next in game event. There has been exactly one week with nothing and no character to go with it so it may or may not be indicative.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No

That said around 9pm est tonight the Japan Smash twitter account may post about the next in game event. There has been exactly one week with nothing and no character to go with it so it may or may not be indicative.
Lol ok that was confusing then. But ok cool, curious if they'll show something tonight then.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Which has no influence on the facts whatsoever.
When someone's talking about their feelings, facts don't change much. Someone can end up feeling differently though.

But yes, nothing's changed with Shantae's chances ;p

Last edited:

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

zferolie

Smash Hero
Lets go!!! I find it exciting not a single leak has popped about this fighter. And yeah its just a 3 minute trailer so the character probably isnt dropping soon, but im excited for who this could be!

I feel the most likely ones are crash or geno for this spot, but still pullimg for my girl shantae!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Holy moly. Did not actually expect it today :D
3 mins? guess it's really just the reveal. Well, tomorow's gonna be something :)

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the three minute reveal leads me to believe it’s JUST a trailer for fighter 7, and a full reveal/release in a month maybe.

And the “brief message from Sakurai” I’m like 95% sure is going to be essentially “Hey the world’s been a bit crazy, so we have to push the finishing date of DLC from December 2021 to sometime in 2022.” Which is completely understandable. I just hope people don’t jump the gun and see “brief message” and think “YOOOO HE ANNOUNCING ANOTHER FIGHTER PASS“.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I kind of doubt it since FP2 is only about halfway done. Though, he could bring up about the online improvement and any other that is essential for this brief message.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Truth be told, I don't believe Shantae to be FP7, as much as that'd be amazing for us. It'd be more likely Crash Bandicoot, considering how often that orange marsupial was released in this range of dates relative to the Smash Announcement. Or, as someone else pointed out with the Mario 35th, It could also be Geno who gets his rightful dues.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For Crash Bandicoot, his latest game is LITERALLY coming out the day after Challenger 7 is revealed.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
It's ok to still be hopeful, guys. Just don't do anything drastic should it not be her. Yeesh. I get lowering expectations but the auto dismissal and weird simultaneous assurance "oh she'll be in the next 2 or 3 packs after". Like...what? F7 is not even revealed yet lol

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
FINALLY! I was talking last night saying this would happen today!

please Shantae!

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
It won't be Crash. Not only has COVID massively screwed with the timeline laid out for Fighter Pass 2 (which makes the coincidence that Crash 4 comes out the day after the announcement likely unplanned), but travel restrictions would make the meeting of Sakurai and Activision very difficult. I think we're going to get another Japanese character this time around.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think crash will be in smash at all. Just a feeling though.
But I really don't know who itll be at all. The 3 ideas I have are Pokemon rep, Zelda rep, or Tracer.

Surprise me with Shantae plz XD

Top Bottom