• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Uhm...
Super Mario 3D All Stars?
Pikmin 3 Deluxe?
Not to mention new indie releases?
Games that wouldn't get more characters into smash.
Pokemon maybe has a small chance, but I feel like the train's left the building for that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Edit: Filler spirit event, so nothing for this week.

With no word of challenger 7 not appearing yet, we are still in a stalemate.
What else is new.

Something should happen before the next amiibo line releases this month, until then, we just wait.

It really feels like this discussion has gone off the rails.
Welcome to SmashBoards, it's like this all the time. :dk:

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Seems odd shantae isn't in the long hair event. Seems like they want to hide the spirit to surprise people latter for her being added :p

That or because she is a story spirit, she won't appear in events. not sure if other story spirits have

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Seems odd shantae isn't in the long hair event. Seems like they want to hide the spirit to surprise people latter for her being added :p

That or because she is a story spirit, she won't appear in events. not sure if other story spirits have
Pauline literally appears in WoL

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
September is THE month to reveal Shantae for Smash IMO, come on Nintendo!
I wish. Though, tons of ports and merchandise doesn't necessarily mean we are getting our girl in Smash. We can only hope and wait until the time comes for the next Smash reveal to have a answer.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like we should be getting a character announced within the minth, and the character that was planned to have their trailer shown at the end of e3. These latest trailers for hyrule warriors, pikman 3, and some from the developers showcases, seem to have been originally planned for e3.

So this character should have been, or in theory should have been, a big deal to close out e3. I feel this could lead to a few options, depending on how nintendo felt is a big deal.

If they wanted to be the reveal to be big for smash and ninte do fans, it would be either geno, waluigi, or isaac. All 3 are requested a lot from smash fans.

If they wanted it to be a big overall/third party character, then i feel its either Crash, Shantae, or a tecmo koei character(ryu or Ryza). these 3 are well known characters and/ or companies close with nintendo. Crash is the most likely given his status as an old rival of nintendo, but shantae is very likely for a indie rep and to give a big spotlight on indie companies that nintendo respects them. But with the new hyrule warriors games announced, i feel that a tecmo koei character is very likely, with nintendo being super close and trusted by nintendo to reward them with a spot. Ryu from ninja gaiden is likely due to legacy status, but i would rather have Ryza from the Alteir games since that is their current big hit, and she would be a super unique character.

Or i could be wrong and nintendo does something random.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think next week may be the time to reveal the next challenger(s?). I see a lot are getting into a loop. I can't stress this enough, but the worldwide pandemic isn't making patience any easier with the changed schedule for Nintendo.
Screenshot_20190728-175735_YouTube.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I honestly think characters that some people say have a big chance wont actually make it in smash at all, and I mean Crash, Ryu, Dante, Geno. and more.

I don't really feel like I know what nintendo's going to go for though, I really need to see who's next cuz I want to get a feel of where they're at now XD

Dukefire

Smash Master
Small update about Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. There will be more info brought up on the 26th.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
This is a bit sudden, but uhhh, Shantae's trending in the United States (not talking about "trends for you" either).

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 4.23.29 PM.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wish Nintendo would make our wish come true. If not this game, maybe Smash 6. But It would be amazing to have Shantae in Ultimate along with all the veterans and fan favorite newcomers.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/bounty_battle

Ouch. Maybe we should have paid attention to the red flag of not even Shovel Knight wanting to be part of this.
Yeah...suddenly, WF's strategy to avoid every indie fighting crossover doesn't sound so crazy.

It's such a shame that Juan and Guacamelee had to be attached to this.
Honestly when I saw the bit of gameplay we did at its announcement, it didn't look good to me, but I decided to keep open in case it could still be fun somehow. Guess it didn't turn out good :O

Top Bottom