• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well alright, it's up now.

For the sake of being able to track down the person on SWF, I've used peoples' screen names. You are free to address them any way you wish. I'm glad I kept mine simple :laugh:

I'm going to need some ideas on how to polish it up and make it look nicer. Please also feel free to tell me what I could improve on, because it's not just me that's managing this, "we're all in this together!" I'm sure we would all benefit if I did a better job. :)

Sperz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sperzz
Most of the time I get the same feedback after a match: "your sonic is so annoying"

Do any of you get this? I take it as a compliment (h)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Again, those are just some examples. I know There are more but then it would take me another hour just to think over, look around, and point them out. I'm not intentionally leaving out anyone but it's not easy to remember, especially when a lot of them don't make posts every day or every other day. :(
I contributed unfinished Sonic hitbubbles, do I count? :bee:

Btw...uploading that MM tonight

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh btw, anyone here feel like recording/uploading some Brawl- replays? ¦3

my friend and I went crazy in Brawl- and "broke" Ike and Wolf.

Well, after looking at a Wolf minus thread, I found out that pretty much all of it has been mentioned before.

Change list:
*To be added when it is put up*

Pros:
Fast in the air (especially with Side-B)
-Tilts are all very fast
-Aerials are also very fast
-Great juggle game
-Aerial Canceled Side-B greatly helps recovery and chasing

General Tips:
-Use Aerial Canceled Side-B to chase your opponent when you knock them off stage
-F-tilt is pretty good for shield pressure, seeing as it holds your opponent in shield stun and moves you forward with them
-Tilted F-smash is not only very good for mix-ups, but it is also good for starting juggles
-Try to end juggle strings with Up-B aimed up
-At low percents you can land both the sweet spot and aerial from an Aerial Canceled Side-B

too bad lol - we basically "discovered" everything bolded in that quote XD, so there's nothing really new there except for some combo stuff.

At least we did it the fun way, experimenting lol.

We thought he had gone and broken Wolf when we did figured out there was a tilted F-smash. It has some quirky 1-hit-kill weak-hit BS that we may or may not have gotten a replay for.

But with Ike, I threw in B-reversed Quickdraw and basically, he dashes around in the air like it's Gunz lol.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I wanna play Brawl-... Only for abusing the Dsmash/dash attack and taunt cancelling

No PAL version though :(

Tenki

Smash Hero
Gunz is like, the Melee/B- of TPS lol.

not that there are many TPS out there の_の

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've been ****ing with PSA alll day.

And of course, one of the characters giving me issues is Sonic.

Dash attack momentum ****ing is kicking my ***.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I haven't been able to get HoN to work. For some reason the mouse is in a different place compared to where it's displays on the screen, to to mention clicking isn't any bit responsive.

Plus DotA is just a pass time. I don't take pug games seriously.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I freggin suck online, i ad about 20 opportunities to get a Jab Lock, and i couldn't freakin do it!:mad:
I got one or two jabs in, then i either Dash Attacked or Ftilted...
Wifi sucks, or i just suck on it(Wifi).

Tenki

Smash Hero
I freggin suck online, i ad about 20 opportunities to get a Jab Lock, and i couldn't freakin do it!:mad:

both!

Online, you should be playing to punish player habits, esp. on ledges, failed techs, etc.
that's the most productive thing you can get from online play. Don't worry about the really timing-specific stuff moreso than the setups that lead up to them lol.

and if you really wanna win, spindash cancels are overpowered online XD.

You can feint for a moment, and they can spotdodge/react late enough for you to predict-buffer a movement before it even happens.

Kupo Rose

Your connection was probably laggy, I can (and have been >.>) jab locked pretty fine online.

And TL;DR what Tenki said. RATS/Bokurolling is overpowered online.

edit:

idk. A friend of mine sent me the file. It works, I think every char was available. Don't know if it's a recent version though.
Oh right. I found a PAL Brawl- gct in the Brawl- thread but all I noticed was a crapload of hitstun. Nothing else was changed. Blehh

MaverickZ

Smash Cadet
Only more hitstun? The one I played had lots of stuff changed I think, Sonic had that ridiculous damage in his attacks, you could jump and use any aerial after dash atk, homing attack was faster, etc. I tried lots of chars and they had changes too, CF's falcon punch was huge, Samus missiles could freeze opponents, Ike could "fly", and many other stuff.
I think the guys from the portuguese community brought it when they went to a tourney in Spain and then one of them sent it to me.
I don't know if it's a recent version but it's pretty fun.

edit:
I've uploaded it to mediafire if you want: http://www.mediafire.com/?jhmonimzkhy
You should delete the menu folders if you want to play with all the chars. It's basically a different and cool menu but you can't select some chars (like sonic :o) so just delete it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I just want to say this now:

I got done with a two hour training session. I practiced Dash Dance Pivot, Ledgedrop ASC, Short Hop aerials to grounded attacks, and Perfect DACUS. All of them to at least 65% consistency.

Ho

ly

Sh

@#.

It took me two hours to get all those down, I didn't spend that much free time playing around with some miscellaneous stuff. I believe it is only now that I am beginning to realize what a technically demanding and unforgiving character Sonic can be, and perhaps even then I still have little idea to the frustration that is required that has to be experienced and overcome to be playing an "Unleashed" Sonic.

I know I'm probably missing some stuff, but I can't think if they have any names, an example of what I also did was ledgedrop to wall jump off of Battlefield's lip to Dair to Spring recovery. On the way up I would Back or Forward air facing both directions to have a feel of being able to master that edgeguarding technique to it's absolute best.

Most everyone must already be familiar with the mental strain it takes as well.

It started to burn my wrists and fingers after some time, but I told myself I would not stop; I would not give up until I could do all of this with some sort of consistency.

I absolutely refuse to give up. If it took me two hours to start being able to this stuff consistently, and I'm very happy to see that I am capable of it and I hope to put it into practice soon. Espy is such an inspiration, watching him do all this crap and making it look like it takes no effort. My hat goes off to you good sir and I hope that in the future I may be able to follow suit and see the joys of conducting something beautiful.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I've never really practiced AT's with Sonic super seriously. The only "advanced" thing I ever worked on was the walljump ledge grab that Muhsoce does on FD and that took me about 10 minutes to get right. I mess around with everything else when I'm playing against friends. The DDP is too hard for me to do with my really ****ty controller. Like dash dancing is out of the question with that thing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont know how people act like they are going to tournaments to seriously attempt to win/make money, when they dont have a 100% perfectly functioning controller.

It boggles my mind.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Scourge is better than Sonic in all ways possible.
Discuss.
Too bad i win vs all the scourges. (lol jk, i get luckeh/havent played them all yet) Not only that, Scourge got *****, more than once mind you, by Sonic. Sonic even imprisoned that Green Faker. <3 you wedge/shado/omega, you guys know how this goes

Kinzer, dun worry about eet, you did fine. :<

Kupo Rose

Needs moar Knuckles music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEEdbR3bGYQ

I try to learn all the tricks I can with Sonic. It just makes him more fun and helps prevent me being predictable (sometimes).

Now I'm trying to do what Speed does with those B reversals.

I've never really practiced AT's with Sonic super seriously. The only "advanced" thing I ever worked on was the walljump ledge grab that Muhsoce does on FD and that took me about 10 minutes to get right. I mess around with everything else when I'm playing against friends. The DDP is too hard for me to do with my really ****ty controller. Like dash dancing is out of the question with that thing.
Lol, the walljump ledge grab was probably the first essential "AT" I learned. Stopped me from doing those embarassing SD's. DDP is the cause of me wrecking my controllers >.>

Camalange made a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ep1qA_D3KI&playnext_from=TL&videos=ZnJ-q8fzRak&feature=sub

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

Kupo Rose

I tend to copy people's tricksies 'cause I'm unoriginal like that

Everyone's a Sonic fan at heart. We're just the weird ones that main him in Brawl. Ffffff Mario.

Hi hi Isblis. We don't get too many people from other character boards often.

Tenki

Smash Hero
more @ iblis, but were there any vids of KID's Sonic from the SPSU smashfest?

Top Bottom