• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't think I have the capacity to not play Sonic, no matter how hard I try.

Rosalina & Luma and Little Mac interest me the most playstyle wise out of all the new characters.

:093:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
1. Sonic 2. Megaman 3. Marth 4. Pikachu 5. Fox 6. Lucario and ZSS somewhere in top 5 used for me (assuming she's back.) and definitely Snack if he's back.

Oh yeah, and definitely Little Mac lol

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This used to be the most infamous board. I'll always fondly remember those times. You guys are really the only reason why I bother checking this site anymore.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I missed out on the Brawl Sonic Boards back in it's glory days but i won't make that mistake with Smash 4's Sonic Boards. I've got a lot of things i plan on doing to contribute to help future sonic mainers get a jump start on using him.

(Also for any of you interested you can try out Sonic in Brawl DX, he feels a lot more smooth than vBrawl Sonic and imo smoother than PM sonic)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It'd be cool if old Sonics came back for Smash 4. I'm so ready to move forward with that game.

Everyone only ever wants to play Melee and PM...

PM Sonic is GARB I played it recently and I hate it so bad. You can't even ASC correctly let alone the fact that they removed the shield cancels. It sucks. I also don't like the Fair they gave him. Brawl's Fair I think is super useful and one of Sonic's faster moves and they just strip him of it for a... Spike? Really? I've already ranted about PM Sonic before so I'm not going further into it.

Brawl DX huh? Is it like, a new Balanced Brawl? I was always interested in seeing a mod that stays true to how Brawl plays but just improving upon it.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Braw DX is basically what would happen if you took some elements of every mod and condensed and blended them together and then sprinkled it all over their vbrawl movesets without going overboard. The pacing is not brawl slow but not melee or PM fast and i didnt remove any characters moves rather some of them were given new properties like sonics dair spikes where it used to send at that far horizontal angle and HA is usable and safe on shield and bair has less startup time,

But it is still very much brawl but 10x better

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I might have to mess with it.

Also, Happy Steak and a BJ Day everybody.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
same he seems good but still suffers greatly due to the silly nerfs they gave him because he was spacies level of good supposedly (something thats a tabuu for melee players). I mainly play and participate in PM tournaments just to abuse Fair Spike, i still think if Vbrawl sonic had a meteor smash of some kind, he would be in the higher tiers trade aerial for days with that move.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I restored that to sonic in Brawl DX and is makes a worlds difference in the offstage decisions you make. Hopefully sakurai realizes that sonic needed that and in smash 4 it returns

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic's dair still spikes early in P:M. He's fine, but he struggles against anyone with range or a sword. Same thing as Brawl for the most part, just with a much less fun moveset. :applejack:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I find that Dair spike in PM to only really be useful as a followup for SDJ's on stage rather than as an offstage kill option . I mean he isn't terrible just he doesn't feel like he has much going for him besides just spinning in a ball more so than in brawl, which was something i thought the PM team was suppose to fix.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGw4Na3wX4E A friend and I are trying to get this channel off the ground. Check it out if you find yourself bored!
I subscribed with both of my channels. I also do a let's play on my main channel if you want to check it out and possibly subscribe ;)

The channel is Gorilla Airplane and we do let's plays, sketches, and other random stuff. If I had to recommend a LP of ours, I'd say both of our Pokémon Stadium series are a good time.

I like your incorporation of the live comedy in the beginning. We did that for one of our videos too and I'd like to use it more. The background graphic is pretty clean too. Definitely look into dressing up your channel with the banner and profile picture. Also the thumbnails. Something to draw people in and show you put the extra effort into making your channel look professional and inviting.

Trent

Smash Champion
Oh sweet, thanks! I subbed your channel as well. We are currently having an artist friend make us an avatar and banner, and we are planning to make thumbnails by Sunday.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Not really a big thing, but it looks like Sonic's fthrow is back.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, that'd be nice lol. I could possibly see them making the fthrow animation the uthrow animation now and giving him a new fthrow entirely... But that's just me throwing out random speculation for the hell of it, cuz I doubt they'd do that. Also I'd be disappointed if they did that because Sonic's uthrow animation is so ****ing dope.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I really hope sakurai finally explains whats tje deal with windy hill and shows off changes to sonic. They reworked pikachus thunder so i can imagine given that sonic has two nearly visually identical specials that some type of alteration was made to his moveset. Personally i would love to see either the bounce attack as a new down b or the sonic somersault kick he does in lost world 3ds as a new side b or that sonic wind technique he used in sonic battle that pushed a projectile of air forward

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hopefully sakurai shows off something sonic related today. I mean i feel sakurai has neglected to really show any pic of the days with sonic in them. While other characters get plenty of them. Granted sonic is a 3rd party (a returning one) i still feel he deserves just as much exposure as the rest of the cast. The only pic he talked about sonic was the one with about his jab which looked exactly the same. That and during his reveal trailer you could clearly tell that sonic's model was still being worked on heavily, given the fact he had animations that lacked any changes in textures like his up taunt or his wait animation. I'd like to believe if characters like pikachu, lucario and link are receiving buffs that sonic would as well. Unless of course sakurai hates sonic and simply included him this time to satisfy the masses. :2

Well... Sakurai gave sonic a much needed buff i'd say. Spin dash looks much more useful and that dair spike.... though now i'll be seconding greninja.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The dair spike makes me happy. Hopefully there's even more to come.

Top Bottom