• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good luck at WHOBO you HOBO.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
<3

Also, is anyone in the NY area, or know anywhere in NY where people play Brawl? There's constantly stuff going on for Melee and PM around here but no one wants to support Brawl it seems. I'm down for Melee but really I just want to beat people up with Sonic, so if anyone knows anything please help me out.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You talkin' to me?

EDIT: Also, getting to see Espy play and commentate. Good stuff so far, brah.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wish they showed some singles. My sets vs. Gnes and Jnig were awesome. I was trying to look good for the stream, but with the heat/humidity combo this weekend, my hair didn't stand a chance. :(

From what I recall, I got 9th in Brawl singles, 4th in doubles with Megafox, 13th in Project M singles, something like 5th in doubles, 3rd in Low Tier for Brawl (kinda rushed so we could leave. WHOBO was run horribly this year as far as time goes) going mostly Bowser/Jigglypuff, and 2nd in Mid Tier doubles (had to split since the venue was closing, and me and Zero came from loser's bracket). Could've done better, but them's the breaks. Still proud of myself since I thought I was a rusty old git.

Hope you guys saw me and Mega tearing up teams. So friggin' close to beating Denti/Zero. So goddamn close.
ONE REGRAB CLOSE. :applejack:

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea that set was really close that bair you did on ps1 to steal zero's stock rrally shifted the momentum in your favor just unfortunate that that upsmash missed

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Would've loved to see some Sonic in singles. Doubles was tight though. Good work.

I was wondering why Fox and then it actually worked fairly well. It's basically a team of Sonic + reliable KO move.

Never heard of Megafox before so it was cool to see a Fox putting in work, let alone with a Sonic. Interesting team. Very awesome stuff.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I wish i could travel so bad, as from what i saw a lot of people lack sufficient knowledge in the sonic MU i would probably turn a couple heads i'm certain. Not trying to bash any of the people i saw play just when it came to playing vs you or even brawlman when he was on stream in doubles they all seemed to struggle vs sonic but won through the sheer fact that they could 2 v 1 the sonic. Though i will say their were a couple moments where i would've applied harder platform pressure on stages like battlefield as imo sonic's platform pressure is pretty good given that fair eats shields and forces opponents to either jump or get frame trapped.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
People were bashing Sonic players on Battlefield and platforms in general and I was internally screaming I'LL DESTROY YOU ON BATTLEFIELD AAAAH I LIVE FOR PLATFORMS

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I have to learn how to actually make it to tournaments instead of being like "Yeah imma try!" and end up staying home and playing Pokemon. This summer I'll try harder lol which starts next week for me ;)

You guys excited for the demos at Best Buy? I haven't looked much up but I'm still stoked

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Actually, I will be coming out of retirement this summer...

(uproarious applause)

Thank you, thank you. I'm going to Spring Fighter in NY. They added Smash this year... Including Brawl for once, haha, so I'll be there. It's on June 7th-8th, so I have to kind of "train" again to work out some of my rusty kinks. I'm hoping that match up experience will come back like riding a bike.

And yes, we should probably camp out by Best Buys...

Also, is there a way to choose when to show your sig in posts? I feel like there used to be an option for it and now I can't find it.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hopefully meek continues to make it through he bracket sad to see both KID and meek play in losers of all places. 1 stock sonic is pretty scary given he can rack up % quick and then it's a matter of a few nice reads to take the first stock.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I can't remember how to quote on this site. Still remember how to do these though :054:

Infzy I'm awesome. By the looks of it a lot of people who used to post here have disappeared. All the ones in ssb4 forums seem uneducated in the ways of real sonics, sort of normal. Well normal for sonic fanboys anyhow

infomon

Smash Scientist
there's still the infrequent lurkings here (you just proved this btw); that will slowly increase for smash4. but until its release there's not a whole lot to say, here nor there.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey, what a surprise!
It's like we're getting the band back together but video games.
Also, SWF is now like Facebook but video games so to quote you have to click "Reply" on the bottom right of the post. You can "Like" posts too.

btw who ended up taking it between KID and Meek lol and is it really 1 stock Brawl god that **** sounds so lame. I'm so anti-that.

infomon

Smash Scientist
1-stock brawl makes a surprising amount of sense now that I've seen it play out in tourney. Every set is Bo5, each match is 1-stock 3-min. It means there's a bigger emphasis on counterpicking, both stages and characters. It's faster, there are more stages and characters in play, and each single match feels way more hype -- e.g. Ice Climbers, you get grabbed once then that's the match! Which is a pretty fair proxy for what would have happened even if we let you squander 8 minutes for it.

Meek beat KID, I think it was 3-0 in steak dittos, then Meek lost his next set.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not going to go into all the reasons why I'm against it, but basically changing the amount of stocks doesn't fix the flaws of the game. It might bring some attention to Brawl for like 5 seconds because it's a janky thing to do for a Smash game but that's about it.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well a large reason that vbrawl gets so much hate is because it turns into a complete camp fest where a majority of the time is spent doing nothing but spacing around your opponent. Brawl is like fencing where they dance around a bit then stab each other rapidly then retreat for the next opening and melee/PM is like boxing where they dance for a little while but then just start swinging full on punches until someone goes down.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Okay I don't care if I was the last person to post in here but like it's a related post anyway and you all need to wake the **** up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw&feature=youtu.be

Discuss.

You couldn't ask for better commentators than Prog, Scar, and D1. The player choice I think is a great balance of people who represent the community in a positive and skilled light. The approach to the tournament is appealing to both casual and competitive players. Everything about this is handled with such tact and respect. The Gamecube controller port is brilliant, and that controller looks beautiful. I'm just. It's just too much for me right now. This god damn game.

Trent

Smash Champion
I also understand where they're coming from with the ruleset. This tournament is a way to hype up the game and show off gameplay; so they obviously want to show off the 4 player casual aspect of the side as well. I agree that this is freakin' the best thing ever freak.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Absolutely. Not everyone knows who these Smash players are. The audience, especially casuals and the typical E3 attender, is going to want to see as many stages, characters, and items in action at once to really display the game.

Also Trent and I met up IRL and we shared an umbrella so you guys can start writing your Sonic boards fan fic now (if you haven't already) here's your chance free material here people.

EDIT: "*Grand Finals is a 4-stock, 8-minute, 1-on-1 match on Battlefield as an homage to the competitive Smash Bros. community."

STRAIGHT FROM NINTENDO THEMSELVES HOLY **** OH MY GOD

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I hope they consider releasing wired wii U Pro controllers. Not that i don't love GC controllers but having switched to classic controller for over a year i've gotten so used to have that extra Z button that i map for specials, it helps so much with doing things like up-b OoS because i don't use tap jump. That and because GC controller use analog triggers and brawl registered digital inputs the time i took to shield was faster for me atleast using the classic controllers straight digital L and R buttons over the GC's analog ones (unless smash 4 goes and secretly adds support for analog triggers via light and heavy shields again like in melee). Even if they were to simply add another Z button to the new GC controllers (it's blatantly obvious they are going to have to reproduce GC controllers).

Top Bottom