• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tails kinda sucks though. The hovering ability does not translate well in such a tilt-based game imo

Still gotta unlock the other characters, but I'm anxious for the next update, hoping that Vector will be playable then.

Still love that artwork so damn much too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Call me crazy for saying this, but I want a mainstream Sonic game that has the others playable again.

We've had Sonic-only main games long enough methinks.

I also want Sonic 2006 remade, though I know they won't go back to it. And by remade, I mean the finished version that would give us the Sonic Adventure 3 we wanted.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Kupo! :)

Anyways, I don't want a Sonic 06 remake, because there's still bad ideas non-glitch wise.

Even though i've never played it (I still will for my collection btw) but i've seen proof of stupid ideas gameplay wise. (not judging all gameplay)

And the writing. UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The writing, though cheesy, was decent enough. Especially the Shadow storyline.

Sonic 2006 had a lot of great ideas, great music and great locations. The glitches and horrendous loading times are what truly killed the game for me.

Make adjustments to the speed and gameplay of some of the other characters like Knuckles, Sonic and Tails and everyone else is fine and dandy imo. Oh and imagine this. Mach Speed sections that played like Unleashed/Colors/Generations.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Did I seriously just read that post? :applejack:
I knew you'd say that. And yes, yes you did.

The writing, though cheesy, was decent enough. Especially the Shadow storyline.

Sonic 2006 had a lot of great ideas, great music and great locations. The glitches and horrendous loading times are what truly killed the game for me.

Make adjustments to the speed and gameplay of some of the other characters like Knuckles, Sonic and Tails and everyone else is fine and dandy imo. Oh and imagine this. Mach Speed sections that played like Unleashed/Colors/Generations.
I know it has great ideas, but I honestly don't think it's worth a remake. Why would they remake the mach speed sections to be like those three games when they could just make another game? The great ideas in here just aren't worth it IMO.

I personally hate the story. Sonic didn't have any witty lines and is boring, Silver believes that sonic's the iblis trigger, the romance, etc.

Shadow's story was pretty good, but honestly it's not worth a remake.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My ideal sonic game:
Combat that incorporates the best of many genres
-Freeflow combat system similar to the recent batman games, on this note the "earned combo rewards" in batman are also a nice addition.
-Cinematic finishers similar to Bayonetta/God of War
-After defeating a group of enemies, Sonic taunts and they all explode (sort of like in Shinobi on PS2). Something not too cheesy would be nice, even just him showing off a bit without talking is okay. Its got to be the type of thing people won't get sick of hearing 100 times in a play-through.
-Large variety of moves and strategies to defeat a large variety of enemies.
-Combat needs to be MANDATORY. I definitely liked how Sonic Rush locked you in a room until you defeated all enemies. The game also needs to flow pretty seamlessly between modes.

Speed
-"speed" or "racing" segments of the game include eggman's baddies doing ALOT more to stop you from making good time getting where you are going. Something along the lines of a Mario Kart feel, with lots of traps from ahead and behind you on the track. Sonic will also have a precision shield/dodge action to avoid damage.

Platforming

-Needs to be incorporated into combat and speed modes while adding puzzle elements to the game

Music

-Needs to be fresh and nostalgic, but not always at the same time
-Sonic music has almost always been good so not much to add here.

This is just my wish list, I don't think SEGA will ever deliver on any of this stuff though.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Mines something like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

I want 3-D adventure type stages with the spin dash. I also want a good story sort of like Sa2's but without any plotholes. It should be big and escalating, but still be mostly about gameplay. I don't necessarily dislike the treasure hunting, but i'd have something else. Maybe 3D beat-em-up (without rouge). Sonic and Shadow would have 3D platforming, Eggman and robots would have shooting, Tails would have 3D platforming with a few Tornado stages, Knuckles would have the beat-em-ups.

There also wouldn't really be a good/bad mode for the story, but the characters would all get stages whenever the time comes.

Also, Sonic's soap shoes would be nice, as well as city levels, and City Escape would return.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just want another Sonic game that has a robust Chao raising/racing/karate/etc system. Online chao competitions would be absolutely amazing. :applejack:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Knuckles is a beast in Sonic Jump. His double jump would make Falco jealous.

If Knuckes is in Smash 4, he better have that jump.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
He probably won't be, but if he were, he'd likely be top tier.

If Shadow's in, he'd probably be higher tier and NOTTT a clone of sonic (though there's always a possibility).

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Froggy: you copy my font color bro? (Edit: nope :p)

Happy new year Sonics. Shoutouts to being 24 and having 17yr old girls refuse to leave you alone the whole night. Long live south dakota :/

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Don't think Carlos is going to Apex (He isn't on the registrar). Damn, I shielded/spotdodged too much that match rofl.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I beat Meek already. He took a game from me on Frigate because the stage flipped and I ended up on the bottom :c.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That's what his Chaos Emerald (according to SSBWiki) is for. :) so yeah, good luck!
Oh god I need to update that thing. Like, so bad. lol

Many a thanks! My goal is to place within the top 32 at APEX. Gotta bust out all the stops for pools, but I've gotta be confident, have fun and be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Who is giving me money by MM'ing me at Apex? Any :sonic:'s? I'll go high as $50.

Yo 50? fudge that. How about some friendlies lol. Or if ya really want the money match I think my code will allow me to do a 3 dollar money match with ya for a best of 3.

I beat Meek already. He took a game from me on Frigate because the stage flipped and I ended up on the bottom :c.

Sounds gay. Why were you on bottom? lol
Just disregard this. Me being dumb lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ah Kels is going? Sweet stuff! It'll be great to see X again too.

Guess it'll be up to me and her to hold down the Canadian Sonic fort. I'll be sure to try and make it for all the Sonics' matches to root them on.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Have Sonic players ever chanted "STEAK!!!" at a tourney before?

Oh, and how much do you think you'll be going Sonic. As it appears you main Charazard (PT).

Top Bottom