• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I didn't say he mains him, but he picked him up. Think he's planning on using him in tourney though.
I picked back up falco now and got caught up on all of his whack bdacus tricks. Planning to use him for olimar and a few other matchups that I can never win.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
He told me once that he is switching to him cuz he thinks his Sonic sucks :l

Maybe I should consider picking up a secondary that can actually benefit me.
But like, I'm terrible with every character higher than C tier lol.

:nifty:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He hasn't quit just yet. I know that he's been very inactive, but he's been to a tournament in the last month, and is planning on going to MLG Dallas in November.

As to why, I really have no idea. I think it might be a lack of interest...or college. Not entirely sure.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I didn't say he mains him, but he picked him up. Think he's planning on using him in tourney though.
I picked back up falco now and got caught up on all of his whack bdacus tricks. Planning to use him for olimar and a few other matchups that I can never win.
lol why would you use Falco for Olimar? That's stupid xD it's like 50-50

You're better off going Marth or someone like him who has a clear advantage by just using one or two moves

NH Cody

Smash Champion
And lately I've been seeing it's easier to fight Olimar than I thought. You just can't SDR too much because he'll just pivot grab it. Once you "get in his zone" then you just keep on beating him down lol

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
cool wat console did u get it for?
I got it for the Wii. Right now I'm playing the final boss and OMG it is a *****

Edit:
Just finish fighting the final boss. I still need to get the Chaos Emeralds. I only got 3 of the 7 Emeralds. I started with 23 lives when I got to the final boss. I beat the boss with only 7 lives remaining :(

0mega 75

Smash Cadet
I refuse to believe he's going to Marth.

As much support he's given me to keep me from becoming a Fox main, he'll realize that Marth isn't him lol.

Your right, Marth wasn't going as great as I thought lol. Im sticking to Scourge, but Im going to start using Marth as a secondary.

No, never would I go Marth in tourney. Marth is good and all, but I just won't have that same connection like I do with my Sonic.

BSP

Smash Legend
lol why would you use Falco for Olimar? That's stupid xD it's like 50-50

You're better off going Marth or someone like him who has a clear advantage by just using one or two moves
People need to start picking up Luigi.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Marth does sound like a good secondary for sonic. Takes care of all of sonic's worst matchups and then some right? Then again so does metaknight.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. wedge picking up falco? baby boy stays jockin on my swag.

2. also, it doesnt matter who you use to fight olimar if you dont know the matchup.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i got all the emeralds today on sonic 4. For those having trouble here are two huge tips i figured out

1. You can pause and hit "retry" - this is great if you are going to run out of time or screw up early but if you hit a goal it won't save you so...

2. Around tricky parts, pause often- sometimes its hard to react to things, and if you think you're about to run into a goal pause the game

made life so much easier. I can't imagine restarting a level everytime i screwed up, and i know some people have been doing that. D:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And lately I've been seeing it's easier to fight Olimar than I thought. You just can't SDR too much because he'll just pivot grab it. Once you "get in his zone" then you just keep on beating him down lol
Exactly. Olimar makes or breaks you as a player. If you can't get around his wall of BS, chances are you'll probably have a hard time elsewhere once people figure out your playstyle and you cannot adapt.

People need to start picking up Luigi.
He's too slow. and unfortunately Meta Knight has too much control/too many options, and as strange as that sounds, it's for that reason I can't play Mk for my life. :X All the other top tier characters just don't give me the speed I want from this already-slow game.

Not olimar....
However, I will agree with you on this that you do not need to use a secondary as long as you know not to spam @#$%.

Granted, don't let me hold you back from having it easier regardless. If you can sweep LOLimars with Sonic, make it easier for yourself and use a better character you're good with/can beat him with. This only applies to non-fanboys and people like me who are bad with every other character aside from Sonic.

1. wedge picking up falco? baby boy stays jockin on my swag.

2. also, it doesnt matter who you use to fight olimar if you dont know the matchup.
I've been talking to Wedge, the guy played Falco long before this was ever brought up. Really, I encourage you two to stop hacking at each others' throats and you may just find some common ground amongst you two, as strange as that sounds. :X

calm down scrubby little boy, I cant see, nor do I care about, what you have to say. lol
=_=

C'mon you two, I know there's some heat, but I hate to see anybody argue. I rather everybody get along, since we're all working for a common goal ((I assume) to advance Sonic's metagame to it's fullest.)

KID never gonna see this unless someone quotes it though I believe.
Being blocked is oh so much fun.
Of course he wouldn't normally. I can understand that he'd be annoyed with you when you're going out of your way to do it, but now's the perfect time to redeem yourself, because if you keep this up Kyle is just one of the few/many people that will go out of their way to ignore you and when you need help the most, you'll be all alone.

Plus it's a good policy to at least be on neutral terms with everybody. People can speak on your behalf if the situation calls for it, and it's all about them connections.

Kyle, are you planning on making a second trip to California sometime next year to attend Genesis II? I'm very curious, and if things go as planned, I may be able to make an appearance there. It feels like I should be putting in more work, and that means getting outside and doing more than research. If not, then it's fine. I'll try to do some damage, especially now since I feel like I've improved so much, and I've still got a way to go.

... Not before I have to bargain with my mother to make a trip to Cairo and Jerusalem in the Middle East. :X *Sigh* Oh well, I'm glad I'm no longer a child (and it'll be official tomorrow once midnight hits).

so i got all the emeralds today on sonic 4. For those having trouble here are two huge tips i figured out

1. You can pause and hit "retry" - this is great if you are going to run out of time or screw up early but if you hit a goal it won't save you so...

2. Around tricky parts, pause often- sometimes its hard to react to things, and if you think you're about to run into a goal pause the game

made life so much easier. I can't imagine restarting a level everytime i screwed up, and i know some people have been doing that. D:
I can't wait to get my hands on Sonic IV. It sounds like a good game, and with enough practice I'll acquire some bragging rights.

Speaking of bragging rights, I finally beat Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. I got all the Chaos Emeralds too; I had to, I needed the continues at first. Second time around I could almost do it without getting a game over but the last boss. :X Patience and prediction. It helps me improve my Barlw skillz loooool.

Next game to finish off is Sonic Spinball for me. I don't know when I'll be able to do another sit-down and beat it, but I will. I've got almost, if not all of the well-received classic games beat, I'm not sure what I could go for after Spinball. Any suggestions? 92', 2, 3, & Knuckles I've already beat, so don't mention those please.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I too have yet to play Sonic 4. I'll most likely be getting it sometime this weekend...hopefully.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Kin, I think the only way they could settle their differences is with a good ol gentlemen's challenge/MM.

But then again, I could be wrong, but from the way I see it. This is all happening because neither party respects one another as a player. So what's a better way to go about settling the power struggle?

At least...imo

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i propose,

sonic vs sonic, sonic vs falco, falco vs sonic, falco vs falco, and ganon vs falcon, all matches being worth 1 dollar

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Welp, I've no objections. I just want to see it actually happen. I think it's a sound idea, since some bad blood probably needs to be shed, and more often than not this kind of thing is the end-all be-all seal-dealer so long as both parties attempt to settle every and all disputes like this and leave everything behind once it's all said and done.

Also, maybe it got lost because there was too much I said in one instance.

Kyle, are you planning on making a second trip to California sometime next year to attend Genesis II? I'm very curious, and if things go as planned, I may be able to make an appearance there. It feels like I should be putting in more work, and that means getting outside and doing more than research. If not, then it's fine. I'll try to do some damage, especially now since I feel like I've improved so much, and I've still got a way to go.

... Not before I have to bargain with my mother to make a trip to Cairo and Jerusalem in the Middle East. :X *Sigh* Oh well, I'm glad I'm no longer a child (and it'll be official tomorrow once midnight hits).

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Dear Pikachu Sonic General Discusssion.

Kita.

has made a deal.

<%Browny> <Kitamerby> Browny if you send me a few bottles of vegemite like you sent Alex that wuffcap I will go to the boards and post in big red text "I AM A FURRY" and make sure it gets the top of an important page like 1500
<%Browny> he has the vegemite... time to honour his part of the deal
<%Browny> muahaha
<ZeroSuit1amus> LOL
<ZeroSuit1amus> no way
<ZeroSuit1amus> did he actually say that
<%Browny> yep
<%Browny> <DMG> post it in Lucario, Pika, and Luigi
<%Browny> <DMG> and then Sonic
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> fuuuuuuuuuu-
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> oh well
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> it's for the vegemite
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> Yeah I'll do those 4
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> I gotta
<%Browny> <Kitamerby> a deal is a deal
<ZeroSuit1amus> lol
I have the intention of screencapping all 4 of these.

if you so please. tell me what number post you are on 15PP as that is what kita uses.

I shall be following this more actively in hype/anticipation~

- With Love, FlameWaveK.~

PS: Hi Kinzer!

PSS: Hi Jerry!

PSSS: Hi Espy!~

PSSSS: what up speed ;o

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Ahh okay. Thought it was some sort of Black Mage from Final Fantasy lol.

While I'm posting here
I'm sorry Kinzer, I won't be able to finish your Sonic texture in time for your birthday, despite the time you gave to do it :(

Top Bottom