• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
pretty sexy

so now i see what Boxy andCat mean.

we should spinshot moar
OMG this should be sigged.

I got spinshot>bair from Boxob.

Everything else I came up with using common sense.

Spinshot is what makes My/RATS/Boxob's Sonic look so fast.

Spinshot, combined with shield cancel and spring.

:093:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Spinshot is so so so so so so good.

Anything you may be thinking, any practical applications for it, I've probably already found and use, but keep trying, see what you come up with.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Spinshot is so so so so so so good.

Anything you may be thinking, any practical applications for it, I've probably already found and use, but keep trying, see what you come up with.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you are going to make this a boxtech thread, im just going to delete the box tech section from my thread and link it here when you are done.

lol @ boxy taking credit for everything before hand, and people think I have a big ego lololololol.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Wow that DID sound really egotesticle.

I'll rephrase that:
Keep working on spinshot and using it more in your game, while me/CiTH/other spinshot advocates may have found most of useful stuff, we probably missed something.

**** it, that still sounds lame. I just know that I probably have already done a lot of what could be listed. Not even claiming anything, it's just truth lol.

Edit-Oh, and spinshot > HA was the very first thing EVER done out of Spinshot, if you recall the video I surfaced to the sonic boards, flipping out about how cool it looked lol.

But that was on my old old account, Green&Watch.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
lies, vids or it didnt happen.

also, im going to be doing a lot of experimenting with spinshott to b moves
Half of my ASC's are landed via spinshot. CiTH <3's spring out of SS.

I don't think I've ever done anything too cool with Side B out of SS though, Hmm.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I do <3 spring out of spinshot, thank you very much.

ledgedrop > spinshot away > side -b back onto ledge (I'm 99% sure no ones ever thought of this one. Yeah you too Boxob).

spinshot > offstage bair > stage spike (Boxob pulled this off in tourney. **** was sooo cash)

Trillion

Smash Ace
thats really risky, on FD i've done, ledge drop > asc + up c to the wall > wall hop > forward b rolling over the ledge onto the stage. i'm still working on doing it consistently. its funky looking.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its scary enough for me to do the mess that malcom does,

and thats just SDJ of the edge to SD back onto the stage

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
ledgedrop away by flicking the stick back. immediately side-b spinshot > side-b.

you can also ledgedrop down > down-b > spinshot > walljump > side -b onto stage.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Against others? Yeah, I play risky.

Against you? Hell no. I actually slow down for you. Risky = death when playing you.

infomon

Smash Scientist
its scary enough for me to do the mess that malcom does,

and thats just SDJ of the edge to SD back onto the stage
This is annoying because you can't fastfall the SDJ... and I looooove fastfalling my SDJs. But it doesn't leave you enough time to side-B onto the stage... you go too low.

And you have to be cautious about how you started the SDJ, whether or not your midair jump is available to jump-cancel a failed side-B attempt...... you know that, but thought I'd restate it because of spindashjumpdatafailz.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, thats effing bogus, even that would make sonic better it they just gave him his jump whenever he hit the ground, that would give sonic a lot more mobility options.

Tenki

Smash Hero
**** so while replying to the other thread, I just remembered you could do some funky inputs to screw with spinshot.

In otherwords, something similar to a combination of RAR and spinshot.

The one I can remember is [aerial down-B spinshot] > [C-stick back] and you can do a spinshot > forward facing B-air or even a reverse-facing D-air.

o_O;

I think I messed around and had an input to do this out of side-B but I'll figure it out later lol.

¦D

oh wait, nvm.

thinking about it, the reverse spin was just the 'backflip' animation for Sonic.

lol too bad.

RAR spinshot woulda been cool.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
**** so while replying to the other thread, I just remembered you could do some funky inputs to screw with spinshot.

In otherwords, something similar to a combination of RAR and spinshot.

The one I can remember is [aerial down-B spinshot] > [C-stick back] and you can do a spinshot > forward facing B-air or even a reverse-facing D-air.

o_O;

I think I messed around and had an input to do this out of side-B but I'll figure it out later lol.
I'm pretty sure you can't do this, Tenki.

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol, I just spent like an hour experimenting with that and other stuff trying to figure out what you were talking about :)

I found two irrelevant things, anyway:
1. When you're on the ground and want to do an immediate SDR.. if you release it at its earliest, it does 8%, but it's hard to get the timing down; you'll almost certainly get the 7% version unless you practice. You can easily tell the different charge amounts by doing an immediate SDR-turnaround. Hit the C-stick backwards during the down-B start-up lag for an easy way to do an 8% turnaround; it takes a larger distance to do the turnaround than the 7% version. In fact, the smash forward (or backward) seems to help get the 8% version, although I think that's just me being silly and not concentrating on the timing window.

2. ASC follow-ups are nifty. I mean like, I find myself often enough missing an aerial follow-up, or just getting the first hit from an Uair or w/e. So instead I've been experimenting.... ASC > spring is fun (the timing is a bit funny to actually spring immediately out of the jump-cancel of the ASC; but this seems like a useful thing to be able to do as a "yikes my ASC's gonna be punished" option).. but this is funner: ASC (hit their head) > shield-cancel > hop + side-B into them as a follow-up. (The ASC knocks them up and a little away.) You don't want to just ASC > jump-cancel > side-B because then you're stuck, but if you shield-cancel the ASC and hop, the side-B's invincy frames can prolly get you through an attack and lead to an easy aerial follow-up. Actually at high percents you can sometimes follow-up the ASC hits (good knockback) with spring > aerial chase. I guess it's all very DI dependent but idk, it's not a sequence I normally pull off... I guess cuz I never actually hit anyone with ASC :urg:

ok so that's all useless but w/e.

Trillion

Smash Ace
i was playing with the asc too, i came up with something funny, that may be useless, but someone tell me what they think of this. If you hold forward you get that beloved extra hitbox, but when you hold backward, you get no hit box at all. So if you see someone, trying to shield it, then you hold back to eliminate shield hit stun and then you just footstool and spring right away. Knocks them away and lets you get back to the stage unpunished. Good? Bad? Thoughts?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive noticed that a lot of the time, if someone is trying to shieldgrab you, they will wait until they get shield stun, and theyll wait until they see that they have visual confirmation that their shield has been hit. and than after that, they will go for the grab. You can easily take advantage of that, and magnums idea does that. that concept is how people pull of empty hops and then hit the guy with stuff.

I do it all the time, i just jump and if i see them in their shield, ill just land behind them and run up and grab. Because by the time they realised that they arent going to get that shield hit confirmation (lol SC terminology) they are going to try to hit you with something and at that point my grabbox is already out.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
<3

This sounds like a great idea.

Maybe to get things going a bit...(since it's been a hot-topic recently)

I've been messing with the ROB FSJ thing, and even though the jablock doesn't work past 50%, you can still go to ASC > FSJ > FF Bair at any %age for KOs. The Bair is a sourspot though, so be aware that it will send ROB forward if you're setting up a kill.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Okay, so I understand this isn't a spam thread, but I want to know, can I say something like," Xiivi has no friends so he really doesn't love us" in here?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So guizes, do you have an ideas on how to bait attacks other then ASC and SDC?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
side b cancel can work, and for a character that runs so much, a simple walk does the trick as well in the right situation.

I'm picking up ZSS, and i was wondering what you guys think the average sonic main seconds and why. I tend to be about setups and mindames, and characters that have a good ground speed so i guess that works. you guys?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
<3

This sounds like a great idea.

Maybe to get things going a bit...(since it's been a hot-topic recently)

I've been messing with the ROB FSJ thing, and even though the jablock doesn't work past 50%, you can still go to ASC > FSJ > FF Bair at any %age for KOs. The Bair is a sourspot though, so be aware that it will send ROB forward if you're setting up a kill.

Ever since I found the silly jab lock below 40%, I haven't messed with the set up at all.

Makes me wonder if ASC > FSJ > ASC > FSJ is plausible until the higher percents...

@Kojin: I dunno about it. Sonic mains secondary whoever else for whatever reasons. Kinzer mains like, half the cast, you're going with ZSS, I'm fond of Jigglypuff for retro-Melee reasons, and Browny and I both have used Lucario in tournament.

However, according to the Pikachu/Lucario/etc. chat, I apparantely secondary Lucario for furry reasons.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@cama: no point , it wont kill them so you might as well use something else for damage or is a bit quicker, like Fair or Uair. If only because of DI.
I'm pretty sure you can't DI away from the Bair if done right...I don't really have a way to test it atm, but if ROB is on the ground, you ASC and FSJ immediatley, that leaves ROB on the ground for the Bair. I'd imagine at high %s (Like above 150%) it could kill...

I mean, we've seen Uthrow kills at around 200% (lol) so this seems at least somewhat more feasible.

EDIT:

Ever since I found the silly jab lock below 40%, I haven't messed with the set up at all.

Makes me wonder if ASC > FSJ > ASC > FSJ is plausible until the higher percents...
That was brought up in the Tech Lab and shot down for the following reasons...

...Is ASC-> FSJ-> FF->ASC->FSJ plausible by any chance? It was too difficult for me to get the second FSJ when I tried earlier.
...the ASC>FSJ> FF > ASC>FSJ won't work because of this:

what really happens is

ASC > DJ > FSJ > FF > ASC > ...

and Sonic doesn't regain the double jump until he lands or hits a spring, so there won't be any footstools after the first one, lol.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Thats true, can you post a vid possibly? I dont have my wii currently so I cannot try it out.

@kojin: For a secondary, i've been using a little bit of everyone No one really emulates Sonic's playstyle very well. I recently started using marth because he covers all of Sonics bad matchups (save MK) abd really helps me in learning how to space my attacks properly.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thats true, can you post a vid possibly? I dont have my wii currently so I cannot try it out.
Umm...well, I can't post a vid any time soon, but I was thinking about making a video that could show all the possible things that can come out of ROB's FSJ animation for Sonic.

It would take a little bit (I would need a partner with me to test if things can be DI'd out of, and I would have to borrow my friends capture card) but it would certainly be possible for me to make.

Thoughts?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva

@kojin: For a secondary, i've been using a little bit of everyone No one really emulates Sonic's playstyle very well. I recently started using marth because he covers all of Sonics bad matchups (save MK) abd really helps me in learning how to space my attacks properly.
that's a good idea.

i also tend to know how to play a good portion of the cast, even if half decent. i dont think i'll be all random but who knows. and it is hard to find someone similar to sonic's playstyle. characters will be fast but lack the numerous mindgame potential he has, or some have great setups and mindgames but can't gimp or be as aggro offstage as sonic can. its give and take, and for someone whose lookign for a solid secondary its driving me nuts. .easily the hardest descion for me in brawl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
xiivi loves no one.

the majority of sonic mains second lucario or pikachu

the majority of sonic mainers are not while

lucario is egyptian, thus he attracts black people

i did a lot of research on this stuff...

most sonic mains are EC as well

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
When did I main half the cast/what gave you that impression Espy?

The only other character I could consider playing for lulz is Ike. Sure I beat my friend with anybody and everybody, but I still have loyalty to the Steak.

Edit: Oh s***, I didn't notice this was a sticky... oh well... I guess nothing can go wrong from this, and even if it does, it doesn't really matter, we still have the Xat but this is fine I guess...

infomon

Smash Scientist
wait why isn't this thread closed yet

wait what!?!??

oh word maybe this will bring boxob back

like how boxob once brought sexy back (or was that someone else??)

Why is the ROB FSJ stuff unique to ROB? Does he have an uncharacteristically long get-up-from-a-footstool animation or something?

Also I'm sorry guys I haven't been able to upload any vids, and won't be able to until a lil while yet

moving houses and jobs and aaaaaaah

Top Bottom