• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Boxob ain't coming back for a good long while, not as long as he has a burning hatred for Barlw.

That's okay though... "He must have his reasons."

It probably has something to do with R.O.B.'s unique footstool. From what I hear the footstooler ends up below R.O.B.'s head during the footstool, and a bunch of other complicated crap I can't remember but it doesn't really matter to me because it's just something you can do and enjoy when you accomplish it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So guizes, do you have an ideas on how to bait attacks other then ASC and SDC?
Running, walking, empty jumps/ FF airdodges

Boxob ain't coming back for a good long while, not as long as he has a burning hatred for Barlw.

That's okay though... "He must have his reasons."

It probably has something to do with R.O.B.'s unique footstool. From what I hear the footstooler ends up below R.O.B.'s head during the footstool, and a bunch of other complicated crap I can't remember but it doesn't really matter to me because it's just something you can do and enjoy when you accomplish it.
He plays SF4 now.

And yes, ROB's aerial FSJ animation is unique.

It was funny because just a few days/weeks before the ZSS infinite was found, I messed around with footstool tricks and stuff with Sonic, and noticed the footstool>U-air on ROB. I tried to bring it to other characters but failed, so AFAIK it only works on him lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I guess this would be the best place and time to ask but how come I have yet to see you in the Xatroom Tenki?

Tenki

Smash Hero
i visit once in a while, whenever i remember it exists

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Let's discuss my hatred for these things.

When you ask someone if they like some band, and then they say yes, and then you ask if they've ever heard their most popular song, and they so 'I think so'. And through the moment, it becomes blatantly obvious that they've never heard it before. But it's such a minor thing that you can't call them out on it cause that just makes you look like a child. So you just let it go and carry on with an already awkward conversation about a band that you have to pretend the other person enjoys when they have no idea wtf you're talking about.

When you go to a place that sells singular uncrustables and they don't look like they're soggy and old and then you buy one and then they are soggy and cold.

People who stare at you from across the way, weather it be a classroom, movie theater, restaurant. ( I have green hair, I get it a lot) and you can't really be like, "Ayo, quit it". Cause I'm too not captain falcon for that kinda thing.

When you can't find the nail clipper.

When you run out of chapstick and you REALLY need it.

When people who respond to a text message with one word/thing such as 'k' or 'lol'.

Narutards.

Shopping for something wear all distributors of the same product claim theirs to be the best one.

When people eat with a fork and drag their fork on their teeth on the way out.

When you think you have a splinter but it's really a scab but you pull it like a splinter and rip up fresh, perfectly fine skin.

Pokemon not of the 1st generation.

When you hit keys too fast on a mobile phone (for texts) and the other keys don't register, constantly having to go back and fix messages before sending them.

Movies about penguins.

Animated movies about penguins.

People who find movies about penguins funny.

People who find movies about penguins cute.

People who find any of the practically standardized 'random' words funny in any way. Cheese, monkey, ninja.

People who don't know how to admit that they're wrong, and to just move on with things.

How meebo doesn't let you look at aim profiles without signing into aim on a seperate window.

Diablo three still isn't out.

Warhammer sucked.

Brawl.

When you order food from taco bell and they don't put a steak sticker when you order two of the same, closed items, with one being steak and the other being beef.

Working at taco bell and having people complain when I do the previously stated.

I can think of a lot more.

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
@kojin: For a secondary, i've been using a little bit of everyone No one really emulates Sonic's playstyle very well. I recently started using marth because he covers all of Sonics bad matchups (save MK) abd really helps me in learning how to space my attacks properly.
Yeah. My spacing got ****ing tight after picking up Marth.

So guizes, do you have an ideas on how to bait attacks other then ASC and SDC?
Well with Snake I would run around and shield alot to bait attacks and punish with Ftilt/Utilt. That works with Sonic. Just run and shield.

<3
I've been messing with the ROB FSJ thing, and even though the jablock doesn't work past 50%, you can still go to ASC > FSJ > FF Bair at any %age for KOs. The Bair is a sourspot though, so be aware that it will send ROB forward if you're setting up a kill.

I typically just follow with a tech chase.

@Kojin: I dunno about it. Sonic mains secondary whoever else for whatever reasons. Kinzer mains like, half the cast, you're going with ZSS, I'm fond of Jigglypuff for retro-Melee reasons, and Browny and I both have used Lucario in tournament.
I think you're thinking of me or KID for that.

However, according to the Pikachu/Lucario/etc. chat, I apparantely secondary Lucario for furry reasons.
lol. I make sure they know I'm not a furry. I still love the Cario's though. <3

I'm picking up ZSS, and i was wondering what you guys think the average sonic main seconds and why. I tend to be about setups and mindames, and characters that have a good ground speed so i guess that works. you guys?
Oh god.. who do I play.

Bowser, Falcon, Donkey Kong, Ganon's becoming more and more fun, Falco, Fox, Ike, Jiggs, I want to play DDD. he's kinda weird for me though, Link, KINDA Lucario I'm more just friendly with them so I pick stuff up, Lucas, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Admiral Pit taught me some Pit stuff, PT is fun I suck with him though, Samus, Sheik, Snake, Toon Link, Wolf and kinda Zelda. Bold ones are the ones I'm most confident with. I've considered them all secondaries at least at some point though.

No joke. Ask Cammy. lol

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I think we need better frame data of a high degree of accuracy (No offence DJB).

aeghrur

Smash Champion
When people who respond to a text message with one word/thing such as 'k' or 'lol'.

Pokemon not of the 1st generation.
The first one I hate sooooooooooo freaking much.
The second, WTF! Pokemon of the second Gen was amazing.

And I thought Dnes was doing frame Data? But meh, if someone wants, they can hack their wiis and find out, lol. =/

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
sonic mainers use lucario coz hes blue
i dont, sorry :p All Sonic boi.
This time around, i've been playing more better for some reason. I've been using more options, i think. For example, ASC>cancel> run behind> dash dance pivot> fsmash ko. I dont know why, but I've been experimenting with Sonic's options more throughly. Tourney time. :)

Oh yeah, Terios?
Does that run to shield work very well? I mean what if they end up grabbing you in the shield instead of attacking, knowing they will be punished badly?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I was also doing frame data stuff but I got pwned. Moving johns and whatnot, won't be brawling much for another 3 weeks in all likelyhood

but I'm still trying to go to Apex lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
ions more throughly. Tourney time. :)

Oh yeah, Terios?
Does that run to shield work very well? I mean what if they end up grabbing you in the shield instead of attacking, knowing they will be punished badly?
Well I use it more to bait. For example a Marth that is aware of the spin cancel might EXPECT a spin to shield and try to hit you out of the spin before the shield can go up. You want to be outside of their grab range too. It's just for baits. Also you ever run up and spotdodge? It sounds SOOOO dumb but it ****ing works. No lie.

For the shield. Take this into account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2...097A58AA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

It's something Ally does quite a bit.. So much so that his shield is actually low quite often.

Particularly here I thought was a nice usage of it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well I use it more to bait. For example a Marth that is aware of the spin cancel might EXPECT a spin to shield and try to hit you out of the spin before the shield can go up. You want to be outside of their grab range too. It's just for baits. Also you ever run up and spotdodge? It sounds SOOOO dumb but it ****ing works. No lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2...097A58AA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

It's something Ally does quite a bit.. So much so that his shield is actually low quite often.

I saw him run up and shield a few times but that was it.

lol,
gahd those kills were amazing.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I couldn't really see much with him running up and spotdodging though >_>

I saw airdodging, but that was about it.

The pit thing is a sort of joke, it's a few pages back in the SBR lol.

long story short, I had a dream where I, for some reason, knew and could use Pit's AT's really well and could use it to space and stuff.

Even though I haven't played Brawl in a while, and I don't use Pit at all.

haha

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

oddly enough, i do this sometimes. The dash to spotdodge though, not too sure on that one. Also, my shield doesnt get Dangerously low. I am getting these random habits, lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If anything, you need to find the amount of frames Sonic's side-taunt has/make sure it's accurate, since I think DJB looked for the frame data first.

This way I will know how much of my life I am jizzing in my pants everytime I tell my opponents how fast they are.

Tenki

Smash Hero
also, please check how many frames are in side-B's startup before you can shield (like, hold side-B and shield and see how long it takes to be able to shield)

and compare it to how long it takes to be able to do a normal release (no-charge side-B) and how long it takes to be able to a vertical spindash jump (side-B + A at the same time).

Another cool thing would be to get Sonic's screech stop IASA frames (it's his full dash's stop animation)

And maybe find when invincibility frames are for U-smash / side-B, but those aren't really too important lol.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i honestly think side doesn't actually have invincibility frames, just hhkj' priority making us think it does and look like flns;flnas' about it

illinialex24

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196148
if you cuold verify/change all those numbers to what they actually are, that would be nice lol. all my current numbers are merely rounded off values, they could go +/-1 either way
Yeah I could. I'll try to do some of it tonight :)

Oh and there's an easy way to tell if side has invincibilitiy. Test it on Wario's F-smash. If the moves cancel out, it doens't. If Sonic is hit, it doesn't. If the move continues, it does.

Tenki

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229768

April 11, 2009. Polybrawl 2

1: ADHD - Diddy
2: Anti - Mk, DDD, Wario
3: Bum - DK
4: NinjaLink - Zelda, Diddy, Pikachu.
5: Zen - Wolf, Falco
5: Basic Sausage - Pit, Dedede
7: Snakeee - ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Peach
7: Malcolm - Wario, Sonic
April 4, 2009. University of Miami Smashfest

49 Entrants, $5 Entry Fee

1. Chaz (Marth)
2. Tommy_G (Falco)
3. WindeX (King Dedede)
4. verycoolguy (Peach)
5. 8-bit (Snake)
5. AHD (Snake, Meta Knight)
7. Donovan (Kirby, Diddy Kong)
7. Riz (Meta Knight)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227429
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228741

April 3rd, 2009. AllinOne I

1: Flare ($15.00) (MK / Snake)
2: Chaos ($8.00) (Marth)
3: Elixir ($0.00) (Snake)
4: Blue (Sonic)
5: Rob M (Kirby)
5: Apple (Olimar)
7: Ryan M (Snake)
7: RUE (Lucario)
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

lol memphis

you should have included the quote describing it from the WCD in the thread

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's been a while, lol, i actually have to search for it now >_>

for your copy-pasting pleasure (edit it into the first post so people know wtf you're talking about):

WCD quote:

[quote=DastrnMarco; 5689454]
I beat Anther's Sonic, after being down a stock, because OS was standing right there and said "dastrn: don't move and hit down tilt."

It worked. Sonic is garbage.[/quote]

[quote=Ignatius; 5689576]
The last time I played Squared's sonic, was a few months ago, I pretty handily 3 stocked it. But I also had a lot of practice from playing against Rockcrock.

I like when Sonic's try to use their neutral B to recover, all you have to do is dodge and it sends them at a downward angle.

Past that, Sonic is pretty bad. Doesn't his dash attack go over Diddy Bananas, without picking them up. I think Prime told me that once.[/quote]

SBR MK podcast/other discussion:

[quote=Overswarm; 5882193]OS: "No disjointed hitboxes of any kind, spam works. And there's nothing that Sonic can do, because the only things that go around it are so telegraphed that the other person can just move out of the way. Like, I literally walked up to DastrnMarco and said
'hey, you're playing Anther's Sonic and you're down a couple stocks; Hold down and just hit A alot. He's gonna jump and do a neutral B. Shield and roll. Then down-tilt again. He then beat Anther's Sonic.'"
[/quote]

edit:

awe, it's locked.

keep this in mind for next time

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Lol today I beat a Lucas with Sonic, and he said I played gay...

I consider it a compliment, as I finally got the ASC grabs down!

STEAK...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol today I beat a Lucas with Sonic, and he said I played gay...

I consider it a compliment, as I finally got the ASC grabs down!

STEAK...
DSF said that my Sonic played gay at WHOBO during our live streamed MM.

That's quite the thing to say, coming from a top tier *****.

Top Bottom