• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Speaking of west coast, anyone know of any active Brawl communities in NorCal (preferably around West San Jose)? Whenever I check out the smash tournies forums for brawl most of them are in SoCal and I'm in no position to be flying around just for practice =[
I'm sure there's a scene in Northern California... uhm, have you taken a look at AllisBrawl? I think they're more active there.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
...You DO realize you're talking about Jason Griffith, right?

Everyone's voice is better than Jason Griffiths...
who?

exactly

Speaking of west coast, anyone know of any active Brawl communities in NorCal (preferably around West San Jose)? Whenever I check out the smash tournies forums for brawl most of them are in SoCal and I'm in no position to be flying around just for practice =[
check All is Brawl

http://allisbrawl.com/

SWF is east coast / AIB is west coast

NorCal does have a smash scene, but they hang out at aib

BMX

Smash Lord
Ok, so the weirdest thing happened when I played Sonic on YI.

I ran all the way to the left ledge and all of a sudden, I fell of the stage and ended up in the freefall animation after doing his UP B, without actually doing it.

I have the video, but I don't know how to upload it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok, so the weirdest thing happened when I played Sonic on YI.

I ran all the way to the left ledge and all of a sudden, I fell of the stage and ended up in the freefall animation after doing his UP B, without actually doing it.

I have the video, but I don't know how to upload it.
That's that air tripping glitch thing.... I can't remember how it actually goes.... I think its if you land on a platform at the very apex of his Up B, then the next time to jump into the air, you'll go into the tumbling animation.

I'm pretty sure it's in a "Useful Facts" topic or something around here... I don't main Sonic, so yeah. :/

EDIT: Oh it was in the "The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*" thread, go figure. :p

Air Tripping:
If Sonic uses his up-b and lands on solid ground before he enters the tumble animation, he will enter the tumble animation the next time he is in the air and begins to fall and will be in a state exactly as though he had just used his up-b. He will not be able to recover if he jumps/runs over the edge unless he can footstool or gets attacked. This is something to be avoided, not replicated. [Credited to Perfect Chaos]

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
rofl
did SL show u that or something?

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Nah i got curious and searched for it

Also I just had a one on one talk with Syonryoken. He knows his stuff. Very legit player. Watching his style is very refreshing. He has his faults but I approve of this Sonic.

Now if only he died himself green.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Ironically enough, Seagull played that. And his thumbs up was funny for some reason...i dont know why. o_O
BEEEEEEEERRR? ugh, now im hungry from that again. <.<
HOBO 23 LETS GO. o wait a minute...asian girl avi...huminahimanihnianginhiani -dead-

EDIT: Kupooo, haha nice man. I wish Ps360 could spindash. fffffffff

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
What was the main reason for peoples dislike for the boosting system in Sonic Rush and Unleashed again?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Who's Da Jokester??

Who Pranked Meh?? Huh? Spit It Out!

:093:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
One button boosting was the best thing that ever happened to post-genesis Sonic.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know ill be called n00b, but does anyone know any good follow-ups for sonic's Dthrow?
Im tired of just tech chasing my more skilled friends lol
But any pointers? im tryin to get my sonic back on track

infomon

Smash Scientist
it really depends how they DI it, and what %s.
If they DI it up, chances are they'll get an aerial out that you'll be prone to running into :urg:

If they go long + low, it's nice to run past them + pivot re-grab. Or if you expect them to counterattack early, foxtrot forward into a well-spaced stutter-stepped Fsmash :D

idk

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
I know ill be called n00b, but does anyone know any good follow-ups for sonic's Dthrow?
Im tired of just tech chasing my more skilled friends lol
But any pointers? im tryin to get my sonic back on track
Learning to tech chase grab better is always an option :)

but there are lots of things you can do (sadly, most involve at least some amount of tech chasing)

if you predict a roll in a certain direction, run to the roll and fsmash or SH bair.

If your opponent is very ****ing slow you might be able to catch them in a jablock lolol. If you get this, be sure to make them feel bad about themselves as you walk them to the level.

you can charge a spindash and fire it off as they get up (at the right percents you can footstool and do this again)

you can just charge up there and see what they do. Most will spot dodge (or roll) on sonic if they dont really know what to do. Predict this and line up a move that seems appropriate. Pivot grab approaches are always an option.

you can do nothing.......

you can run away.....

you can get naked in an attempt to to throw them off of their game. (yet to be tested)

Sonic has plenty of options and I know if forgetting some..... but w/e

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ok, thanks pplz 4 the help!
Ill try it out, Thanks!

Top Bottom