• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby BC, May 31st + June 7th - 64/Melee/Brawl

Lageno

Smash Rookie
oh buddy you should have come to sfu 6

We had rohins and...silent wolf, eggz, and djc

D:
Not familiar with all the big names yet haha, sounds like it would have been quite a spectacle though!
I plan on attending as many Vancouver events as I can involving Brawl, so I guess I'll get to meet some of you pretty soon :)

Rampage

vx
Not familiar with all the big names yet haha, sounds like it would have been quite a spectacle though!
I plan on attending as many Vancouver events as I can involving Brawl, so I guess I'll get to meet some of you pretty soon :)
most likely not unless there will be melee : P

with that being said Put me down as a maybe for 31st

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally coming to this, if I don't space out on the date or anything like that. G&W is actually good in Brawl, which makes me very, very happy. But I have no idea as to what the competitive scene looks like for Brawl, so I'll probably suck.

I hope somebody shows up without a teammate for stuff, because I'll probably end up wanting one!

Gono

Smash Cadet
I'll be coming on the 31st, this will be my first tourny, or even meeting anyone on the boards in real life, kinda intimidating XD

unityole

Smash Lord
for people coming on the 31st

5 TVs confirmed, 1 TV needs an RF SWITCH and 2 TVs unconfirmed as of now.
and also only 3 setups being provided atm.

PLEASE DO BRING EXTRA SETUPS, WII + BRAWL as well as SPARE TV IF POSSIBLE. (controller is a must, of your own)

PLEASE HELP OUT, MAKE THIS TOURNEY RUN SMOOTH

Lageno

Smash Rookie
If needed, I can bring my Wii + Brawl over. If it's not urgent though, then I'd rather leave it at home rather than bring it over a ferry ride to my first tournament.
Let me know closer to date.

*edit*
I also have a friend who will be coming with me to this event, so you can mark me as a +1 or something on the list, unless it's required that he sign up on the forums.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I like how Dieslow is **** lol. Me and Daltsy have surrounded him with our D's according to the alphabetical order of names on the first post, this is a sign, we will finally (attempt to) take him down!!! MUHAHA... No really

I'll know exactly what my situation is and what Daltsy is doing on the 16th. That's when all of the details of everything that I'm doing in Van that weekend will clear up. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a ton of this. How late do you think doubles will go? And how long is pizza break? lol I'll be there for sure, for mms to take down the winner of the tourney for his prize money if nothing else, but I really don't want to miss the tourney itself so I'll find away.

I don't think I'll be able to get my set up to the tourney first thing in the morning but maybe, really depends, I'll keep you posted and if it's still needed when the time comes then I'll bring it to Van with me. I'll try and meet up with you or possibly call you when I arrive in Vancouver on the 29th or so Jack. I have your number, don't ask, long story ;)
Also, I could even just get my set up to Eric and he can bring it there if it really is important. :ohwell:
Hitsugaya NO!!! ok, fine then. Wish them happy Bday for me.
And will there be melee there just for friendlies? lol

unityole

Smash Lord
I like how Dieslow is **** lol. Me and Daltsy have surrounded him with our D's according to the alphabetical order of names on the first post, this is a sign, we will finally (attempt to) take him down!!! MUHAHA... No really

I'll know exactly what my situation is and what Daltsy is doing on the 16th. That's when all of the details of everything that I'm doing in Van that weekend will clear up. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a ton of this. How late do you think doubles will go? And how long is pizza break? lol I'll be there for sure, for mms to take down the winner of the tourney for his prize money if nothing else, but I really don't want to miss the tourney itself so I'll find away.

I don't think I'll be able to get my set up to the tourney first thing in the morning but maybe, really depends, I'll keep you posted and if it's still needed when the time comes then I'll bring it to Van with me. I'll try and meet up with you or possibly call you when I arrive in Vancouver on the 29th or so Jack. I have your number, don't ask, long story ;)
Also, I could even just get my set up to Eric and he can bring it there if it really is important. :ohwell:
Hitsugaya NO!!! ok, fine then. Wish them happy Bday for me.
And will there be melee there just for friendlies? lol

melee friendlies on the 31st, just not possible. with only 5-6 TVs confirmed, there will most likely be some that are out of reach. I won't believe there are actually 6 TVs coming unless i actually see it that day, as for now i'll count what i can see, SFU's TV and my TV, so 2.

june 7th is mainly for melee, really, and brawl singles. I want melee to be big, as it was just LIKE YESTErday.

on 31st, it goes like this:
- Brawl doubles START AT 11:00 AM, NO LATER THAN 11 am.
- Brawl singles will start near the end of brawl doubles.
- pizza break will most likely to be between brawl doubles/ singles, its not really a break...
- 64 will then finally start when we have enough TVs, if we get all 6 or more TVs, chances are it'll start round sametime as brawl singles, or later.

ONE MORE THING,

Dieslow IS **** @ SFU 5,6,7 and 8.
brought to you by, ronaldmcdonald500.

eat the food, and sTay healtHy!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Firestorm: I live in the Okanagan, so that may be awhile. How long do they take normally with the Wii? I am coming down on June 2nd/3rd, for other reasons, so will it be fixed by then?

Rampage: I won't be bringing a TV, that I know. So, I should just bring the Wii anyway?
You should call them, say you'll be in the area and if it's possible to transfer your saves + VC games to a refurbished Wii on the spot if you bring it in.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
for people coming on the 31st

5 TVs confirmed, 1 TV needs an RF SWITCH and 2 TVs unconfirmed as of now.
and also only 3 setups being provided atm.

PLEASE DO BRING EXTRA SETUPS, WII + BRAWL as well as SPARE TV IF POSSIBLE. (controller is a must, of your own)

PLEASE HELP OUT, MAKE THIS TOURNEY RUN SMOOTH
I can bring Wii + Brawl for the 31st (also confirm me for the 31st, and not the 7th). I could bring a cube too, but I don't think a lot if any melee is happening on the 31st.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that 95% of the people coming and hoping to play dieslow in the tournament are gonna get wrecked by non-dieslows lol.

It's the people who hope they _don't_ have to face him that have to face him :urg:

unityole

Smash Lord
Pretty sure that 95% of the people coming and hoping to play dieslow in the tournament are gonna get wrecked by non-dieslows lol.

It's the people who hope they _don't_ have to face him that have to face him :urg:
Tiep!!! you and Ryan coming for June 7th as well right.. MELEE!!!

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
ya... im kinda hoping i dont get dieslow XD or tiep or ryan or john XD the rest im ok with XD

Metà

Smash Master
I'm totally coming to this, if I don't space out on the date or anything like that. G&W is actually good in Brawl, which makes me very, very happy. But I have no idea as to what the competitive scene looks like for Brawl, so I'll probably suck.

I hope somebody shows up without a teammate for stuff, because I'll probably end up wanting one!
But you can't play G&W then, because he's actually good! You'll have to play Jigglypuff, or Ganondorf. XD

Jk lol, long time no see. What have you been up to? Do you still play Melee?

unityole

Smash Lord
ya... im kinda hoping i dont get dieslow XD or tiep or ryan or john XD the rest im ok with XD
does this mean that u and scott are coming? better be coming..

anyway, PLEASE BRING MORE TV PEOPLE!
WE WILL NEED AT LEAST 6, SO BRING MORE AND MORE!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
If anyone's bringing an LCD TV or something, bring component cables. If not, tell me and I'll bring mine. I think the 480p signal will help the lag issue. I've never noticed lag on my TV. I play on an Acer 32" LCD TV.

Rampage

vx
If anyone's bringing an LCD TV or something, bring component cables. If not, tell me and I'll bring mine. I think the 480p signal will help the lag issue. I've never noticed lag on my TV. I play on an Acer 32" LCD TV.
Bring it just in case

Having a tv that people refused to play on at sfu 6 wasn't that great...>_>

unityole

Smash Lord
tiepp and ryan!!!!!!!!!! r u guys coming on the 7th or only 31st?

melee needs to stay alive

unityole

Smash Lord
$_$

i need a partner for doubles! prefers someone who plays G&W
its like, anyone good with G&W team with dieslow takes 1st in doubles, ****? ****

tony: which part of surrey you from? im from strawberry hill if you kno where that is.

unityole

Smash Lord
you should make lylat cruise and pokestadium counterpicks, pretty sure everytime i played those stages me and the person i played with agreed to do random again.

.. you and tiep should come on the 7th as well.. MELEE NEEDS PEOPLE!!!
i got the list of stages for brawl from superboom. yeah i'll change it.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I originally was going to bring one other for the 31st, but now I've got 6 people from Kamloops coming down to the tournament (31st only).

Top Bottom