• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

Sion

Island of Horizon
The only possible thing i can bring is gamecube with melee. Don't got small TVS or anything.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm not bringing a GC. I'm just bringing my wii which can have melee on it so it's like a GC. I guess it counts as a Brawl+Melee set up lol
nvm

And I just looked at my first post on this thread, lol @ me not coming and then all of the sudden bringing everything + 3 other people haha.

Rampage

vx
Hey, I'm not bringing a GC. I'm just bringing my wii which can have melee on it so it's like a GC. I guess it counts as a Brawl+Melee set up lol
nvm

And I just looked at my first post on this thread, lol @ me not coming and then all of the sudden bringing everything + 3 other people haha.
GHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

LOL @ YOU FOR SURE!!!

you can't see this LOL

Rampage

vx
Oh, I'll also be bringing a wii with brawl + melee (<3)

c'mon you guys, jack is doing all he can to make this thing work out. We have THE GUESTS BRINGING TVS

What kind of sh*t is that? if I had a car or ride I'd always bring a tv but I don't so for those of you that do have rides or a car Just bring a tv. Remember a little while ago we had about 7 tvs? The entire tournament was done by 4-5 from what I remember. It would be great for that to happen so that we could get in a lot of extra friendlies/MM's afterwards.

BRING SOME F*CKING TVS BC

unityole

Smash Lord
Tony wants to know how few people can be in a crew so he can split the winnings with fewer people ;)

A crappy joke, that actually makes the person saying it look really childish in the real world, that needs to die already. That's what it means.
stop lying to urself man, its ****!

crew members, 3-6 per crew

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
No seriously. The overuse of the word **** in SmashBoards makes the community look like a joke even to other internet sites. And it makes us look like ****ing tweens to people in the real world.

unityole

Smash Lord
No seriously. The overuse of the word **** in SmashBoards makes the community look like a joke even to other internet sites. And it makes us look like ****ing tweens to people in the real world.
lol kk

i donno about u, but im a ****ing tween? whats a tween?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
this just in, Hotztuph wont make it. His parents just told him it's his ONLY weekend at his cabin. And Jumble is now unconfirmed cause he's getting his wisedom teeth out the day we leave. I'm thinking he wont want to go :\

I've got issues too but I wont bail. lol

unityole

Smash Lord
this just in, Hotztuph wont make it. His parents just told him it's his ONLY weekend at his cabin. And Jumble is now unconfirmed cause he's getting his wisedom teeth out the day we leave. I'm thinking he wont want to go :\

I've got issues too but I wont bail. lol
THE KELOWNA CREW !!!! James lives ! :D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Tony wants to know how few people can be in a crew so he can split the winnings with fewer people ;)

A crappy joke, that actually makes the person saying it look really childish in the real world, that needs to die already. That's what it means.
I have to disagree with this. I'll reiterate my response at a later time.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Me lives foreverz

Also, I'm bringing melee too, jeez...get it right ;)

How many players are in the Kamloops Crew?

Edit: btw I should have a blue name cause I'm special >;^] I main Random, and tvs, and peeps, exeteraz

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
maining random is a john imo.
It has happened. Though when I counter pick I can use every character so it evens out that way and makes it fairz so no johns.

i think so too, but it also takes lot of skills to main ramdom. soooo many characters to know and stuff. it's also true that James has good spacing.
I duuuu? I don't think it's that good. Using random can actually screw up my spacing sometimes (Lucas bleh) from swapping characters so I think I have good match ups and good mindgames. That's how I "roll" ;]

I might start maining Random with a side of Azen if it helps me out to. Just to have a different base character every day. Just keeps me more organized sort of lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
i think so too, but it also takes lot of skills to main ramdom. soooo many characters to know and stuff. it's also true that James has good spacing.
I agree, but I think that one should only main Random in friendlies. That way, you get used to every character and as many matchups as possible in a situation where it doesn't matter if you win or lose. That way, when it comes to the actual tournament matches, you've got a whole variety of characters to pick from that can have favorable matchups against your opponent, and you're free to try and win in the way you see fit.

I personally don't like the idea of not knowing who I'm going to play and possibly getting a bad matchup, but on the other hand, neither does your opponent, so it's not too bad. I will say, though, that the Random mains have a lot of guts. :p

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't like the idea of not knowing who I'm going to play and possibly getting a bad matchup, but on the other hand, neither does your opponent, so it's not too bad. I will say, though, that the Random mains have a lot of guts. :p
its mostly ppl who cant win so they "main" random so atleast when they lose they have a john.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
its mostly ppl who cant win so they "main" random so atleast when they lose they have a john.
Being prepared is the most important in tournament. ;)

Also I can't bring T.V again. I'll have 2 VCR's, infinite tapes, and a cube I guess.
Please just don't take my tapes this time, or be recording noob and go over tourney match >_<

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Can we do Melee crews instead of Brawl crews? >.>
Or both >:^]
I'm looking forward to playing melee with others on the competitive side again. I get to play an StD with Tims ****** Falco tomorrow night and I'm ACTUALLY GOING TO FINILIZE WHO I AM MAINING by the end of the night. That's right, I'm not maining Random in melee anymore. It's just too much to catch up on and keep up with after the 5 month break from it and do that in 2 weeks.

So I'm liking Link, YLink, Mario, Fox, Pichu, Pikachu, Marth and maaaaybe Jiggs, Samus, ICs but I need to work with them still. I'm gonna narrow it down some more tomorrow to hopefully just 6 or so but does anyone here have a request? I at one point mained every character so I can pick them up fairly quick so if anyone wants to see a character stated above in particular I'd gladly main them. (I'm mainly doing this because I can't decide on a main myself, they're all so fun :D )

I agree, but I think that one should only main Random in friendlies. That way, you get used to every character and as many matchups as possible in a situation where it doesn't matter if you win or lose. That way, when it comes to the actual tournament matches, you've got a whole variety of characters to pick from that can have favorable matchups against your opponent, and you're free to try and win in the way you see fit.

I LOVE not knowing who I am before the match starts! It's like 3 - 2 "k I'm *character*" - 1 - "k this is how I need to play as them in this match up" GO

SO FREAKIN COOL
That's another reason I'm dropping Random in melee, it isn't the same as Brawl Random and kind of isn't fun lol.

But yeah, I main Random because it's the funnest way to play smash (for me). I wont John about bad match ups (although I easily could) or anything cause it doesn't apply to me. Random is my character, if I have an advantage from "MY CHARACTER" then so be it, if I have a disadvantage because of "MY CHARACTER" so be it. I have to win no matter who my character is because that's what we all try to do. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy, it's no different than any other character in the game. If I get MK vs a Peach, no johns, if I get Peach vs an MK, no johns. Fair game. MK has an advantage over most people and Peach doesn't but that applies to every character as much as any other character. Random just happens to be every character.

It's like if someone mained Kirby in melee instead of Fox, like whatever, it's their choice, they are expected to do their best to win, BOTH of them. If I'm the Kirby or the Fox, I expect to do my best to win, cause it's my character.

Random to *insert character here*???? I main *insert character here* for that match. NO exeptions.

And guts are one thing, mindgames are another. OMG OMG WHO'S HE GON BEE?!?! I DONNO!! OMG ITS ITZ *character to be announced in 3 - 2
lol

Tween is the word used to refer to those in the ages just before 13. Around 10 - 12 =)
**** doesn't even compute with tweens man, it's teens that would actually understand/use that word. Nothing wrong with a 19 year old saying Falcon+Sex+Awesome kneeing someone in the face isn't insane/holly ****/****

or is there? We'll see when I main *coughrandomtocough* Falcon at SFU

Like when I got Ike against a Lucas on FD at the last SFU. Soooo annoying ;]
Seriously though, you are right, I suck at smash. lol

*notices you said "mostly" and poses alone a top a mountain*
SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
RANDOM!

Being prepared is the most important in tournament. ;)

Also I can't bring T.V again. I'll have 2 VCR's, infinite tapes, and a cube I guess.
Please just don't take my tapes this time, or be recording noob and go over tourney match >_<
Oh cool you're recording then. Glad someone is doing so. Would you mind coming to the Okanagan tourney and recording here too? Free entree for you... ;P

theres both melee and brawl crew...
nvm 1/2 brown town lol

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Dynasim, play Fox I hear his a good character.

Tony I'll MM your random vs my something. ;]

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
ill go random if u go random
I did last time and will again. In Brawl that is. Only do it like the first match against me or something though, if we do play that is. Cause I wanna get pwned as much as the next person.

Dynasim, play Fox I hear his a good character.

Tony I'll MM your random vs my something. ;]
Maybe I will for a match, never know. And I'll mm you, me vs you I go Random anyway.

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
Can you confirm me for both days? I can't bring a TV, but I can supply both a wii and a cube if needed.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Put me as a maybe for sunday as in brawl singles, im still not quite sure yet though o_O

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I did last time and will again. In Brawl that is. Only do it like the first match against me or something though, if we do play that is. Cause I wanna get pwned as much as the next person.

Maybe I will for a match, never know. And I'll mm you, me vs you I go Random anyway.
How much$$

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
How much$$
Depends what you're up for. I've got mms for $5 and mms for $20 to do here. $10 is probably good though. Best of 5? Fox ditto in melee for $5 too, best of 3.

Btw all that have lined up mms with teh Dynamism, I'll be at SFU at 9am ish with ma TV and stuff so come early for them k? I'll be friendliesing it up all morning.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ah crap. I'm scheduled for work on Sunday. I'm trying to get the day off again like I was supposed to.

Will be a good week though.
Sunday the 13th: Tournament
Monday the 14th: Microsoft E3 Press Conference
Tuesday the 15th: Nintendo and Sony E3 Press conference
Wednesday - Friday: E3

yay gaming ^_^

Top Bottom