• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

Clouderz

Smash Ace
You can confirm me for sunday, rofl

Dieslow wnana be my brawl doubles partner? XD

nvm, ill probably be their around 10:15 -_-;;

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lots of unfortunate things. First of all, Tim can't make it as he has a soccer tourney next weekend. Joey, who I got to replace Kurtis, is not allowed to go because of his parents. So now it is down to me and my bro. Kurtis just happened to invite him to the cabin for the weekend so now it's between the cabin and smash and he's in a dilema now so he might not come but he might after all. So it's either me, or Tony and me in terms of Kelownians.

I WONT BAIL though. I even had to pass up 2 shows in Penticton to make it to this. I WILL be there even if I have to walk all the way there alone with my TV on a dolly.

I'm gonna be there early. If I'm by myself then find me and smash me or I'll be getting trained in 64 by Jack. If I'm with my bro, find me and we will smash for hours on end.

I'm maining Random but I'm not chosing Random for this tourney. I don't care if that's the funnest thing, I'm angry and I'm going to actually try and win this.

Ah crap. I'm scheduled for work on Sunday. I'm trying to get the day off again like I was supposed to.

Will be a good week though.
Sunday the 13th: Tournament
Monday the 14th: Microsoft E3 Press Conference
Tuesday the 15th: Nintendo and Sony E3 Press conference
Wednesday - Friday: E3

yay gaming ^_^
Monday - band practice, other band meeting, Tim and Joey StD
Tuesday - band practice, studio work with other band
Wednesday - playing on the cruise ship, possible StD
Thursday - either one show or if I cancel it then cruise ship again
Friday - driving to Van
Sat - tourney, book tour dates
Sun - tourney, head home
Monday - square 1

*lacks gaming but will hopefully get enough at the tourney for the next year*

dynamism: wanna bet $ on that??

also i'll do my DK vs anything MM's $5-$20
I'll go $5 Dedede vs DK. ;}

I think I'm changing all of my mms to $5 because there are so many.

The money I'm betting is hopefully the money I get back when I hopefully win the pot. I'm going to try to win which is something I don't think I've ever done since 05. I'll do my best because in the end that's all I can do. I'm looking forward to the challenge you'll surely give me. I can tell it'll be fun from the doubles matches I got to play against you. See you in the finals dieslow.

Dyna...I'LL TEAM WITH YOU.

With the money that I win in our mm ;)
I've totally lost track of all of the mms but in melee, we can double. As for Brawl, didn't you stop playing or something? It's for nubs after all. jk But what were the conditions of our mm again? Olimar vs Marth or something? I should keep track of this more.

You can confirm me for sunday, rofl

Dieslow wnana be my brawl doubles partner? XD

nvm, ill probably be their around 10:15 -_-;;
You 2 would be broken, but I would really love to play against that crazy team. How about you double with me if you show up and I still need a partner? lol I'd really rather play against everyone that's really good though. I'll wait until the last second if I have to. Maybe Brown Town will need a spare and call me up or something. ;]

Edit: I officially haven't slept in 46 hours. WOW!

unityole

Smash Lord
btw, I'm gonna win this f***in tourney for smash. Gonna win it for Ktown.

PS: I now need a doubles partner.
for someone thats entering every event, hes a **** =O

just a head notice, the tournament will be this comming weekend, 12th/13th. Meleers and Brawlers please do bring your own controller. Also, please bring cube and wii with you, we will need it.

another reminder from the first page of this thread, please do look after the stuff you bring here. do realize this is a university, try not to be too loud ;), also my cell is on the bottom of post #1. 604 722 7798, call me if you/your friends can not find the room. Room number is 10806, which is extremely difficult to locate if you don't follow my hand drawn map =)

i will open up the room at 9:30 ish in the morning, but try to be there by 10:30 - 10:45. Doubles will start at 11:00 am strictly on both days, I will most likely not hold doubles for people past 11:00, unless its our guests from out of lower mainland/province.

anything else post here, or pm, won't be checking this thread for the next 2-3 days. msn is jack_tuboogee[at]hotmail[dot]com

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Lots of unfortunate things. First of all, Tim can't make it as he has a soccer tourney next weekend. Joey, who I got to replace Kurtis, is not allowed to go because of his parents. So now it is down to me and my bro. Kurtis just happened to invite him to the cabin for the weekend so now it's between the cabin and smash and he's in a dilema now so he might not come but he might after all. So it's either me, or Tony and me in terms of Kelownians.

I WONT BAIL though. I even had to pass up 2 shows in Penticton to make it to this. I WILL be there even if I have to walk all the way there alone with my TV on a dolly.

I'm gonna be there early. If I'm by myself then find me and smash me or I'll be getting trained in 64 by Jack. If I'm with my bro, find me and we will smash for hours on end.

I'm maining Random but I'm not chosing Random for this tourney. I don't care if that's the funnest thing, I'm angry and I'm going to actually try and win this.

Monday - band practice, other band meeting, Tim and Joey StD
Tuesday - band practice, studio work with other band
Wednesday - playing on the cruise ship, possible StD
Thursday - either one show or if I cancel it then cruise ship again
Friday - driving to Van
Sat - tourney, book tour dates
Sun - tourney, head home
Monday - square 1

*lacks gaming but will hopefully get enough at the tourney for the next year*

I'll go $5 Dedede vs DK. ;}

I think I'm changing all of my mms to $5 because there are so many.

The money I'm betting is hopefully the money I get back when I hopefully win the pot. I'm going to try to win which is something I don't think I've ever done since 05. I'll do my best because in the end that's all I can do. I'm looking forward to the challenge you'll surely give me. I can tell it'll be fun from the doubles matches I got to play against you. See you in the finals dieslow.

I've totally lost track of all of the mms but in melee, we can double. As for Brawl, didn't you stop playing or something? It's for nubs after all. jk But what were the conditions of our mm again? Olimar vs Marth or something? I should keep track of this more.

You 2 would be broken, but I would really love to play against that crazy team. How about you double with me if you show up and I still need a partner? lol I'd really rather play against everyone that's really good though. I'll wait until the last second if I have to. Maybe Brown Town will need a spare and call me up or something. ;]

Edit: I officially haven't slept in 46 hours. WOW!
Rofl, if dieslow doesnt want to be my partner, then Camerician was originally next, but if he has a partner, sure, ill be with you XD

for someone thats entering every event, hes a **** =O

just a head notice, the tournament will be this comming weekend, 12th/13th. Meleers and Brawlers please do bring your own controller. Also, please bring cube and wii with you, we will need it.

another reminder from the first page of this thread, please do look after the stuff you bring here. do realize this is a university, try not to be too loud ;), also my cell is on the bottom of post #1. 604 722 7798, call me if you/your friends can not find the room. Room number is 10806, which is extremely difficult to locate if you don't follow my hand drawn map =)

i will open up the room at 9:30 ish in the morning, but try to be there by 10:30 - 10:45. Doubles will start at 11:00 am strictly on both days, I will most likely not hold doubles for people past 11:00, unless its our guests from out of lower mainland/province.

anything else post here, or pm, won't be checking this thread for the next 2-3 days. msn is jack_tuboogee[at]hotmail[dot]com
It'll be in the same room that i attended on the 31st right? XD

dieslow

Smash Ace
dyna: kk cool.
cloud: i'm teaming with ryan but if he doesnt go i'll team with u.

yo cloud whats ur msn we need to play wifi =]

Rampage

vx
omg you guys.

Tony and cloud PRACTICING TOGETHER

I can feel the **** severely increasing within the next few months.

Cloud I'm adding you just because, k? k

Clouderz

Smash Ace
omg you guys.

Tony and cloud PRACTICING TOGETHER

I can feel the **** severely increasing within the next few months.

Cloud I'm adding you just because, k? k
Lol why is it such a bad thing we practice D:

XD, addming me on what, msn, my friend code? o_O

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hey Clouderz, I'd recommend you not write your email out like that. Go dodavy [at] hotmail.com or something like that. The reason is that spambots just go through forums and web pages and automatically add email addresses to their list of emails to spam. If you do it the way I said, they won't recognize it as an email address and just move on.

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
Would it be alright for me to bring 2 or 3 friends? They're even more of a n00b then I am, but they wanna learn.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hey Clouderz, I'd recommend you not write your email out like that. Go dodavy [at] hotmail.com or something like that. The reason is that spambots just go through forums and web pages and automatically add email addresses to their list of emails to spam. If you do it the way I said, they won't recognize it as an email address and just move on.
Do this and be safe

It's a bad thing cuz you guys will **** even harder LOL

msn
well that just means the rest of us have to pick up our games. It's a good thing ;)

Would it be alright for me to bring 2 or 3 friends? They're even more of a n00b then I am, but they wanna learn.
yes bring them, make up for the 3 decently good players I was gonna bring but ditched lol

Edit: Jack, we should SC again sometime. It'll take a while to get used to it again (it's been 4 years lol), it's all about timing things but we should 1v1 again and vision each other so I can recall how to do things by watching. It's not serious or anything so who cares if I can see you, you saw me last time ;) lol my bad Oh, and dittos too, so it's easier to pick up when things should happen.

Edit Edit: I'll need a crew to join in melee and Brawl and a melee and Brawl doubles partner if my bro is not there. Rampage for melee possibly, anyone else want me to join them? I got 5th last SFU tourney in Brawl doubles using Bowser with my bros Mario, I've always been really good at teams so I'll fit in with anyone. Just a little incentive to pair with me lol ;) I plan to win this ****

Trozz

Smash Ace
I'm just playing Random for everything. Using Snake against other Snakes and MK. Should be fun.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If Trozz doubles in Brawl with someone else then I'll double with you in Brawl but right now he's me Brawl Doubles Teamate. Why wont you enter melee doubles? Be my paaaaaarteeeeneeeer!!
Want to see vids of me getting owned by Tim sandbagging this weekend? lol Oh and I found vids of Tim vs the ICs player Scrubs in aussie from 4 months ago and I think he's about half as good as he was then, or at least when he's screwing around against me lol.

well, apparently Dyna *needs doubles partner for melee, crew for melee and brawl.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
btw, I'm gonna win this f***in tourney for smash. Gonna win it for Ktown.

PS: I now need a doubles partner.
I assume you're referring to Brawl when you say "I'm gonna win this ****in tourney for smash." I'll gladly MM you in Melee as well. My Anything except Zelda, Pichu, Pikachu, Ness, Bowser, M2, and Roy, vs your best character(s). $10 best of 5???

dynamism: wanna bet $ on that??

also i'll do my DK vs anything MM's $5-$20
dealsies. Melee obv.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
ohh....good point, Thx Lol ill remember that xD

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Soneone challenge me to whatever money match they want for any amount =x.

Edit: Oh and to reply to the sig above me, mine and Eggz last names both happen to be Johns so get over it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Adam: I'm only doing $5 MMs cause there are so many, but sure.

Well fine, I'll melee his DK, he's gotta be more clear.
Yes I'll win this Brawl section, I have to be more clear too apparently lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Link/Ganon or Mario/Bowser are the raddest duo. Ness/Lucas is pretty fun too.
Are you just saying that because me and my bro were strickly Bowser+Mario and Link+Ganon when we got 5th in Brawl doubles at SFU 7? Or is it just coincidence that you said that and we're gonna double so more signs that we'll do well on a team? Cause either way you're totally right! :p

Pshht I always team with noobs. some noob team with me!
I used to not be a n00b but now I am cause I just picked the game up last weekend for the first time in 5 months.

Here's a sample of me playing Marth for the first time. There's links on here to some other vids, Tim just sanbags me sometimes but it's all good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZmMc0hrcY&feature=related
Am I n00bish enough or too n00bish? lol

Edit: PS Falcon vs Marth on Yoshi Story includes sick backwards WD to grab lol

BTW, I'm working hard on my techskill to get close to where I was, so I'll hopefully do some damage at this thing. :p
Give me some notice if there's a character you want to match up with cause I used almost the whole roster at one point. I can work on it and I'll do what I can. lol

Edit: Jack, a few questions!

1. Is there parking there and if so where, pay or what? How far? I'm carrying a tv, wii brawl melee etc myself so it better be close.

2. Is it the same room as always or has it changed since the last tourney I attended?

3. When are we playing SC again? I need to get my grove back in that game :p

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
so uhm, sorry to sound out of place here, but i dont understand the concept of a crew match, like what are the rules to this, and does anyone want to team with me and ced for crew? whatever that is

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
so uhm, sorry to sound out of place here, but i dont understand the concept of a crew match, like what are the rules to this, and does anyone want to team with me and ced for crew? whatever that is
I'll join your crew, I need one cause my crew ditched me. (btw, I'm the Bowser player that beat you than lost to you and ced in doubles May 31st, just so you know who I am, that's the only time we've played along with some friendlies right after the matches to anger Jack ;] jks)

A crew match is essentially a team of more than 2 players. Each team gets a certain number of stocks and the players on each team cycle until all stocks are depleated. That's basically the general idea.

Edit: dieslow, DK ditto or DK D3 mm still on for brawl?

Trozz

Smash Ace
There are a couple spots for visitor parking just east-south-east of the science building. Make sure you don't confuse the visitor parking lots with the permit only lots. I got a parking ticket the first time I went to SFU. T_T

And crews are typically 3-6 people. Each crew is given a certain number of stocks and you divvie them out among your crew (typically giving more stocks to better players).

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
So far I have MM's with Silent Wolf Fox dittos $10 outta 5? Dynasim $5 or $10?
And Nate do you wanna do fox vs marth $5 outta 5?

All these mm's will be put into my video thread under video discussion>friendlies regardless of results.

unityole

Smash Lord
Edit: Jack, a few questions!

1. Is there parking there and if so where, pay or what? How far? I'm carrying a tv, wii brawl melee etc myself so it better be close.
2. Is it the same room as always or has it changed since the last tourney I attended?
3. When are we playing SC again? I need to get my grove back in that game :p
1. just as Trozz said, theres permit and visitor parking. visitor parking isnt really far away, its just on the opposite site of the corner stone building, which is facing down hills. (the other side of the corner stone building are the bus stops)

call my cell when you get there i guess, i will help you carry TV and stuff, TV and anything else you bring with you :o, more info ask eric/tiep. they = veteran

2. yea its the same room, if you are asking about the 2nd floor up stair lounge, with vending machines and foosball table.. room # 10806

3. im always down for sc, just talk to me online whenever ure on msn?

crews are like team with more than 2 players, min 3 max 6. melee crew is 20 stocks and brawl crew is 15 stocks, those stocks are then divided among the players.

example would be, a 5 people brawl crew, each player would have 3 stocks.
another example, a 4 people brawl crew, 3 players with 4 stocks and 1 with 3 stock.

No switching characters between matches unless both teams decide to allow character changes otherwise before the full set begins.
Stock carries over, not %
Character counter-picks are allowed only when a new player is entering
Starting characters must be chosen by double blinds
Player starting must be decided ahead of time and stays the same throughout the tourney
No set player order after the starters
One stage ban per team

Bwmat

Smash Ace
hey vanityangel, i'll team with you. I'm matt from saturday, we played at sfu.

Unless nathan decides to come, which is unlikely. And I'm talking about melee, of course.

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
I'll join your crew, I need one cause my crew ditched me. (btw, I'm the Bowser player that beat you than lost to you and ced in doubles May 31st, just so you know who I am, that's the only time we've played along with some friendlies right after the matches to anger Jack ;] jks)

A crew match is essentially a team of more than 2 players. Each team gets a certain number of stocks and the players on each team cycle until all stocks are depleated. That's basically the general idea.

Edit: dieslow, DK ditto or DK D3 mm still on for brawl?
ah yes i remember you, that was teh lulz. Thanks for clearing up the ambiguity, and Dynamism we will see cause a third buddy of ours might come, but il message you if your available still for teaming.

Top Bottom