• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well interesting finds today.

Hotztuph hasn't played any smash since May, so I was talking about my bro yesterday about getting him up to speed. So I just got home from a show and unloaded gear then found that Hotz and TMDub were in my basement getting schooled in Brawl by my bro and JP(Reptiles) so that was pretty cool. Dedication? lol
He has much to improve though, 1 month to catch up on. I'm gonna go join them now ;)

unityole

Smash Lord
I believe the one cry baby shouted, "You're all flaming homosexuals!" and was then running down the stairs before anyone could say anthing back.
yea some weird people, its clearly in the thread that for melee and brawl, players need to bring their own controllers. i apoligize for them, since they are too self centered and don't know how to read stuff properly..

4/5ths of the Kelowna Melee Krew is now coming. Maybe we should start playing melee again so that name would mean something lol

Anywho, confirm Hotztuph too. Dang, we're gonna have to pack light with 4 people and a TV in my car haha o.O
woot, noice

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...WD'n down the highway, see you soon?

I am going to do what I can to make it into Vancouver via the highway drive through the Rocky Mountains in time for this tournament.

They call me RJM--destined to host good tournaments and doomed to travel far and wide to lose in two rounds at everyone else's. :luigi: Fear me.

:)

But seriously, I really might just make it. Gimme one of them bolded and italicized asterisks on the attendance list and I'll give you a half-assed promise that I'll do my best to be there!

unityole

Smash Lord
I am going to do what I can to make it into Vancouver via the highway drive through the Rocky Mountains in time for this tournament.

They call me RJM--destined to host good tournaments and doomed to travel far and wide to lose in two rounds at everyone else's. :luigi: Fear me.

:)

But seriously, I really might just make it. Gimme one of them bolded and italicized asterisks on the attendance list and I'll give you a half-assed promise that I'll do my best to be there!
ROGER THAT!, and your title is awesome :o

talkingchicken: making it? with the crews from victoria? ask em for me xD

We will be able to have a few dedicated Melee setups Sunday correct?
if we got a lot of TVs, then its no problem.

people plz help out with TVs and setups, we will definitly need both! thanks

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
ROGER THAT!, and your title is awesome :o

talkingchicken: making it? with the crews from victoria? ask em for me xD

if we got a lot of TVs, then its no problem.

people plz help out with TVs and setups, we will definitly need both! thanks
I'm personally a maybe, and for Saturday only - travel is expensive for me and I've got a full course load to worry about too. Ross (Shermanator) has been really busy with work and classes and motocross and I haven't seen him since SFU6, though he might go, Mat (Hillary) is on vacation, Rob (Blue Yoshi) can't make it to anything this summer because of work and he's going to UWaterloo after (which sucks, because I think he's got great skills with the bottom tiers and he's an awesome 64 player, too), Francis may go, haven't heard if he will or not. I made a post to our facebook group about it a few days ago, and I'll ask whoever shows up on our Wednesday meetings.

Anything from September to December I'm pretty much guaranteed, though. I'll be on the mainland because of a work term (EA w00t!) so getting to tournaments will be a lot easier for me.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'm personally a maybe, and for Saturday only - travel is expensive for me and I've got a full course load to worry about too. Ross (Shermanator) has been really busy with work and classes and motocross and I haven't seen him since SFU6, though he might go, Mat (Hillary) is on vacation, Rob (Blue Yoshi) can't make it to anything this summer because of work and he's going to UWaterloo after (which sucks, because I think he's got great skills with the bottom tiers and he's an awesome 64 player, too), Francis may go, haven't heard if he will or not. I made a post to our facebook group about it a few days ago, and I'll ask whoever shows up on our Wednesday meetings.

Anything from September to December I'm pretty much guaranteed, though. I'll be on the mainland because of a work term (EA w00t!) so getting to tournaments will be a lot easier for me.
victoria ftw, gogo rush to mainland quick!
well i just starting to look for a new job and i found this alarm security company where u sit there and answers call to solve ppl's problem with THEIR alarms.. guh

anyway, if i do get this one, all my working days would be on the weekends, FREAKIN **** IT. tourney will still happen, i basically told them to falcon off on the 12/13, as well as aug16.

this 2 days tourney ftw, please bribe me with more TVs, or i'll be upset.
also im looking forward to see the players from states, alberta as well as UNITED KINGDOM to show their skillz!
thats right vanity angel, must make it! we are all waiting for your superb samus.

ps. rohin, can u make it? can, u?

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
@talkingchicken

Dude you know I'm down if I can get a ride. Msg me onn here or on facebook or wherever when you find out if you can go because I wanna come with. You know we gotta bring the double Matt power.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
We will be able to have a few dedicated Melee setups Sunday correct?
I'm always on top of that when the silly B.C kids decide to go press buttons in brawl.

Also whoever wants to do serious MM's holla me, I plan to have several uploaded in my video thread. (yes we can finally upload) I'm mostly doing this to improve and see where I stand with everyone now and by end of summer.

unityole

Smash Lord
@talkingchicken

Dude you know I'm down if I can get a ride. Msg me onn here or on facebook or wherever when you find out if you can go because I wanna come with. You know we gotta bring the double Matt power.
ftw, smash = ****

put me as a maybe for a tv on sunday.
you got red name and no scott and maybe for a TV... :(

Sigh.. sign Sion and Coud for Saturday and maybe sunday.
SIONNN *****, some serious player with good falcon skills need to be feared!
i would love to see more falcon and falco action from u xD

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I'm always on top of that when the silly B.C kids decide to go press buttons in brawl.

Also whoever wants to do serious MM's holla me, I plan to have several uploaded in my video thread. (yes we can finally upload) I'm mostly doing this to improve and see where I stand with everyone now and by end of summer.
Cool because I'd prefer not to go both days unless on the second day I can be playing Melee the whole time.

Edit: Or Frog Bug, that game is also superior to brawl in every way.

unityole

Smash Lord
Cool because I'd prefer not to go both days unless on the second day I can be playing Melee the whole time.

Edit: Or Frog Bug, that game is also superior to brawl in every way.
theres a falcon only tourney on the 2nd, so we can prob get 1 or 2 TVs on melee if brawl tournaments go smoothly.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
@talkingchicken

Nice, I wasn't sure about you so I didn't say anything. I would provide a ride and stuff, but if I go, I'd bus to the ferry on the Friday where my dad picks me up (and there's only usually room for two) and I stay at home in Abbotsford (which is about an hour away) and I've got other stuff to do on Sunday before going back. I'd talk to Francis about it, he might drive you if you pay for the boat or something, because I think the cost of getting on the ferry with a car is the only reason he doesn't drive down himself.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I challenge anyone to an MM that consists of: My anything of your choice vs. your anything, for $5 with stage counterpicking, or $5-10 FD onry.

I'm doing this because I'm a cocky **** and it has nothing to do with having fun or improving at the game.

Also Adam, we confirmed more than one won't kill us.

sarophim

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys!

Im new at this, first tournie im every coming to!

I'll be there on sunday for brawl with two other friends

Sarophim (Me)
Uni bomber (Friend 1)
DuD (Friend 2)

I would go for meele but im definitly not confident in my skills anymore :dizzy:

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey Guys!

Sarophim (Me)
Uni bomber (Friend 1)
DuD (Friend 2)

I would go for meele but im definitly not confident in my skills anymore :dizzy:
welcome to the smash community since this will be your first tourney :o

GUYS WE NEED MORE TVs, PLEASE, we will need at least 7 TVs on both days, small TV would do too. TV and SETUPS are necessary, especially TV since almost anyone can bring a setup along with their bag.

right now we have only got around 3-4 TVs per day, PLEASE HELP OUT, it's less than 2 weeks and I need to confirm # of TVs we can get.

best regard, Ronald

dieslow

Smash Ace
1. if someone drives me to SFU and back i can bring a TV.
2. who wants to team for brawl doubles?
3. what is the minimum amount of people per crew? 2?

unityole

Smash Lord
I can bring 2 TVs maybe, definately 1.
wow, you guys making the states players bringing their TV? crying out loud, they are the guests.. THANKS FOR YOUR TV Nate, we will definitly need it.

can anyone give tony a ride? would be great help to you all, more TVs = more friendlies.
tony, see if you can get Rohin to come lol, his brawl skill pwns, maybe team with him again?

the minimum amount of players fro brawl per crew is 3 players. max is 6, no less than 3 and no more than 6, 15 stocks per crew team.

twilight shadow: is **** means is ****, like someone is ****.. get it?

edit: camerican, a good news for you and scott, if you guys aren't driving.
bus #319 is now extended from Newton Exchange to ScottRoad station, which the bus in the morning comes every 10-15 mins, and at night comes every 30 minutes. Much better than exchanging many buses that you guys had gone through before, waiting 1-2 hrs for a bus.

if you guys are coming by car, it'll be nice for you guys to support us with a TV, helps us all, im sure everyone would love to have more friendly matches.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lol, bumpers are so broken. I remember you can charge them and they do like 30-40 dmg with CRAZY knockback.
Seriously? I don't remember this!?!? OH... MY.... O.o

Hey Guys!

Sarophim (Me)
Uni bomber (Friend 1)
DuD (Friend 2)

Good day to join the scene for you 3, welcome to BC smash and the tourney. :]

welcome to the smash community since this will be your first tourney :o

GUYS WE NEED MORE TVs, PLEASE, we will need at least 7 TVs on both days, small TV would do too. TV and SETUPS are necessary, especially TV since almost anyone can bring a setup along with their bag.

right now we have only got around 3-4 TVs per day, PLEASE HELP OUT, it's less than 2 weeks and I need to confirm # of TVs we can get.

best regard, Ronald
GET THEM FOR THE LOVE OF CF GET THEM!

1. dang, I'd offer but I can't cram anymore people into my car with the 4 I'm bringing and the tv in the trunk.
2. I would but I really want to play against you. >:^] If you remember me and want to then let me know. I do have 3 Kelownians to team up with though.
3. 2? that would be doubles! lol Seriously though, for brawl and melee it should be the same so 3/4/5 is probably good. 4 in the Kelowna Smash Crew >:^]

I can bring 2 TVs maybe, definately 1.
YEEESSSSHHHH!!!

What does "is ****" mean?
**** is a name, the name of **** is ****.

It means "Person - is ****" as in they **** everyone in the game.
Just say "look up Falcon+Sex+Awesome in the dictionary of smash, life and all that ever is!"

wow, you guys making the states players bringing their TV? crying out loud, they are the guests.. THANKS FOR YOUR TV Nate, we will definitly need it.

can anyone give tony a ride? would be great help to you all, more TVs = more friendlies.
tony, see if you can get Rohin to come lol, his brawl skill pwns, maybe team with him again?

the minimum amount of players fro brawl per crew is 3 players. max is 6, no less than 3 and no more than 6, 15 stocks per crew team.

twilight shadow: is **** means is ****, like someone is ****.. get it?

edit: camerican, a good news for you and scott, if you guys aren't driving.
bus #319 is now extended from Newton Exchange to ScottRoad station, which the bus in the morning comes every 10-15 mins, and at night comes every 30 minutes. Much better than exchanging many buses that you guys had gone through before, waiting 1-2 hrs for a bus.

if you guys are coming by car, it'll be nice for you guys to support us with a TV, helps us all, im sure everyone would love to have more friendly matches.
I'm from Ktown and I'm even bringing one. All guests lol

Yes Tony bring his Samus :lick: I must play it cause I missed him last time.

soooo.... how many tvs is that now?

OH!
and.....

HAPPY CANADA DAY

unityole

Smash Lord
well the 1st page is updated, and if you checked near the bottom is the stuff we've got so far.
THIS IS LAME GUYS, we've got ONLY 4 TVs and 2 Cube setups for Saturday, i mean what the heck is going on here. Same with Sunday, 5 TVs and 3 Wiis and a Cube setup.. COME ON HELP OUT PLZ.

what will happen is that, everyone would think that others will bring setups, so themselves dont need to get anything, result in that no one brings anything. for crying out loud PLEASE BRING at least a setup, if you can not help with the TV.

setup = console + game + 2 wires in a bag, thats all you need, lighter than my freaking text book and fits well into a backpack.

I WILL SWEAR IN THE NAME OF FALCON, if we do not have enough stuff, I will cancel some minor events right on the spot. That would mean no crews, no falcon only, no low tiers, and if worse, maybe no doubles. SO HELP OUT PLZ.

its less than 2 weeks, and i've been asking for help since i made this thread, and i get no respond. If you can bring ANYTHING, plz tell me here and let everyone know. THANK YOU.

edit: Roby, i still have keith's VCR here, is it alright if you can bring your TV again? sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help

Top Bottom