• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
OMFG I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME TO THIS!!!

Sweet. Alright Jack, put me down as maybe for both days (this is Saturday and Sunday?) What time does it end on Sunday and what events are what day and will they change at all? And I have a vehicle so I'll bring my set up and TV if I do come. Put Jumblez as maybe too just because I might make him come. And maybe Dalty too (I'll try to force it on them)

Edit: I just spoke with my bro and he's in so expect that sick doubles team The Classic to get 5th or better again.

MARIO + BOWSER FTW RRRAAWWWRRR~!!!!
from your edit, i assume you guys are coming for sure? well this is great, you don't really have to wait till aug 15, and i probably will have my final exams around that time, which is unlikely for me to make stuff happen.

hope that you guys can make it, the smash community should grow =O.

John: you are coming right? and june21st too?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
from your edit, i assume you guys are coming for sure? well this is great, you don't really have to wait till aug 15, and i probably will have my final exams around that time, which is unlikely for me to make stuff happen.

hope that you guys can make it, the smash community should grow =O.

John: you are coming right? and june21st too?
Well I don't have a gig that weekend and my bro is free all summer. Tim's coming over tomorrow for smash and we'll talk then so hopefully he can take a day or two off and I can bring my stuff because I can get there by car so it's looking good. I just have to see about work and if my aunt's around so we can stay at her place but there shouldn't be any problems. :D

And John, you bettah!

lol Yeah the smash community is growing that's for sure. Tim and I always played at a decent level in melee (before Brawl came out and I lost my disk haha) but we could never get around to anything. Now, my bro is at a good level too. Hurray! We'll be entering the melee stuff too btw, just for fun if anything but I'm sure we could do a little damage ;p

Not 64 though sorry. My bro has that on his computer but I really suck at doing anything except Link projectile spam in that game HA

Eidt: Btw, I'm not bringing a GC but I'll bring my melee and we can play that on my wii I guess

Trozz

Smash Ace
Three people from Kamloops will be going (maybe 4).
Confirm Trozz, Jeff, and V.

Odd numbers ftl. I might need a doubles partner for Brawl. I'll definitely stick around for some MMs.

Trozz

Smash Ace
We've played some Melee, but we never wavedash. We'd get destroyed by the "My attacks are frame specific!" people. Brawl only for us.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
What's an RF Switch anyway? Is that needed to play 64 or something these days? I'm a little curious lol
It's what old TVs used instead of the 3-color wire cables so you can plug in consoles to TVs. Older TVs don't have the slots so you can insert A/V cables, just RF stuff. It produces a lower quality image, but it works.

unityole

Smash Lord
im still expecting more people to come for the tourney, especially melee and brawl.
ppl that haven't post here, plz let us know if you will be coming or not, even if its unconfirmed, let us know.

it's always more the better. post here so everyone will know approximately how many people that are going to show up. it helps me and also brings up level of interest in people so more would likely to come for the tourney.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Haven't played in a year but my Hugo, Yang, Ryu, and 12 will **** your Ken XD
Bring it, b*tch.

SF3 third strike is a good game. I can parry and stuff >.>

This is looking to be quite the tournament. We definetly have to make up for yesterday. That was some pretty weak **** by the BC smash community there :/

SION RAAAAPES!!!!

Trozz

Smash Ace
If someone brings a separate setup and SF3, I'll definitely play. Not for money though until I get some practice. Friendlies ftw.

unityole

Smash Lord
If someone brings a separate setup and SF3, I'll definitely play. Not for money though until I get some practice. Friendlies ftw.
well, first of we need to get at least 6 TVs each day. 5 TVs would PROBABLY work, but 6+ is the best. and no please dont bring SF3, we already need to use all the room for all 6+ TVs. this is a smash tourney, just bring smash setups + TV. thanks

unityole

Smash Lord
i'm also thinking of adding brawl crew, requested by me and a few people.

this might be the first time, so i donno if anyone knows how this work. unlike melee, 4-6 people/crew team and 20-25 stocks/crew team, i am thinking of having 15-18 stocks for 4-6/crew team.

crews from kamloop: Trozz, Jeff and few others
crews from kelowna: Dynamism and his brother, Dalty and couple more
crews from victoria: Talking_chicken, Liverymen, Sherminator and others (assuming they are coming in group, for brawl as well as melee)
crews from richmond, vancouver, surrey, burnaby and coq, etc. : Viets ****, Brown Town, Coquit. group.. etc.
crews from north van: Gerald and his brother, and a couple more?
maybe even crews from states? xD

from looking at this, there are possibly more brawl crews than in melee.
post your opinion and we'll see if it's doable.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
As fun as it would be, I dunno who from Victoria can make it. Mat (Hillary) can't for sure, Ross might, but I dunno, Francis probably will, I'm thinking about it but I really don't know if I'll be able to or not (and if I do, it'll probably just be for Melee day because I've gotta catch the boat on Sunday), so I dunno if we can get a Victoria crew going. I support the idea, though.

unityole said:
well, first of we need to get at least 6 TVs each day. 5 TVs would PROBABLY work, but 6+ is the best. and no please dont bring SF3, we already need to use all the room for all 6+ TVs. this is a smash tourney, just bring smash setups + TV. thanks
You don't even need a TV. Just get a good computer and emulate it with MAME. I've got some PS2 to USB adapters for controllers/sticks if that's the version you normally use, or you can get them for cheap at The Source or something (at least, that's where I got mine a few years ago). I'd play, but I suck at most other fighters, despite liking them a lot.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
This is looking to be quite the tournament. We definetly have to make up for yesterday. That was some pretty weak **** by the BC smash community there :/

SION RAAAAPES!!!!
Not all of us can really make it on like 1 week notice. My schedule for June was made up around the last week of May.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I don't think city specific crews would work without filler people being from outside those areas. Brawl crews would be pretty fun though. How about a tourney where MK and Snake are not allowed?
xD

unityole

Smash Lord
I don't think city specific crews would work without filler people being from outside those areas. Brawl crews would be pretty fun though. How about a tourney where MK and Snake are not allowed?
xD
c falcon rules!!

crews not necessary seperate by district, crews can have anyone, random people as well. as long as they can make up a crew team, theres stuff to be played.

im just hoping that more people would show up. some of the states players are making their ways here, same goes for kelowna and kamloops players. more would mean more games and more friendlies for everyone. and hopefully more TVs :o

Bwmat

Smash Ace
aww, that sucks.

k, sean, want to be my partner for 64 doubles again?(if you ever even read this thread)

and I suppose that means nathan won't come either, so.... yakal, want to be my partner for melee doubles?

the yeast infection

Smash Rookie
hey, i just stumbled on this forum today. myself and two friends are interested in coming if there is still room. we've never competed in a tourney like this, but i'd like to think we are competent enough. we are coming from the island and will only be there for the sunday, but we'll compete in all of the events. is three people enough to constitute a crew?

we can bring a wii, gamecube, the games, and a tv.

let me know anything else that us first timers should know.

Rampage

vx
I would if I was at least decent at doubles, but I'm sure I'd just kill myself on my last stock...then I'd steal and then die right after LOL but if you really want to >_>

@ yeast:
BRING THAT TV YO! and welcome to the community.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Things have come up that have clouded my certainess of making this but it can still work out. I might be a last week bail or last week BOOHJYA! so I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I can obviously, Tim and Tony needs to come to this and I needs to be there and you needs my stuffs.

And welcome to the comunity TYI

unityole

Smash Lord
hey, i just stumbled on this forum today. myself and two friends are interested in coming if there is still room. we've never competed in a tourney like this, but i'd like to think we are competent enough. we are coming from the island and will only be there for the sunday, but we'll compete in all of the events. is three people enough to constitute a crew?

we can bring a wii, gamecube, the games, and a tv.

let me know anything else that us first timers should know.
hey yeastinfection, glad that you know of this event and good to kno that ure coming, island as in victoria? yeast infection + 2 buddies are confirmed for sunday.

and please do bring that TV we will sure need to use it. thanks

Things have come up that have clouded my certainess of making this but it can still work out. I might be a last week bail or last week BOOHJYA! so I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I can obviously, Tim and Tony needs to come to this and I needs to be there and you needs my stuffs.

And welcome to the comunity TYI
DONT BAIL OUT MAN, DONT LET US DOWN!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I was at Tims yesterday (really long story how I got there lol) and we spoke and it looks like him and Tony are totally in, and I can stay at my aunts, and all is well in terms of having the day away from music as of when I phone my bands and ask what's up lol
Should be fine, I'll know in time.

unityole

Smash Lord
great turn out = lots of friendlies, only 3 weeks away, plz provide TV if you can, it'll help me out a lot!

also bring as many players as possible !! its always fun to play with new players, and get to know people!

Trozz

Smash Ace
Remember to bring your own controllers. Last tourney, some clowns were confused as to why they weren't being supplied controllers for Melee or Brawl. Bleh.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
4/5ths of the Kelowna Melee Krew is now coming. Maybe we should start playing melee again so that name would mean something lol

Anywho, confirm Hotztuph too. Dang, we're gonna have to pack light with 4 people and a TV in my car haha o.O

Top Bottom