• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
heh, ill probably come for brawl singles both days, sorry i couldnt make it last tourney, i was busy XD

anyways, i wanna know who won and came in 2nd :)
you probably won't come for brawl singles both days, since theres only brawl on sunday.
dav you'll have to read more carefully, skipping through details and assumption is no good.

last tourney, i won and i also came in 2nd, its true!

btw, good job on making to 2nd back in the 31st

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Jack, confirm me for both days. Also, I can bring a Cube, N64 and TV, maybe even 2 TV's.

Also, money matches, anyone? I play all 3 games.

Evan, I'll MM you in Melee for any amout of money. Name your price.

I'm gunna convince Nintensity (Nick) and maybe even Wilfred to come to this if I can.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I can't make this one unfortunately. I'll be in Alberta for a family reunion of sorts all through that weekend.

Its a shame too, I've been playing really well lately. I got 9th out of 40 people in a wifi tournament last night. I guess I'll have wait until the next tournament that comes up.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I can't make this one unfortunately. I'll be in Alberta for a family reunion of sorts all through that weekend.

Its a shame too, I've been playing really well lately. I got 9th out of 40 people in a wifi tournament last night. I guess I'll have wait until the next tournament that comes up.

Not to de-merrit your 9th place or anything, but most people that play on wifi are preeeeetttyyyyyy nub.

EDIT: To elaborate, they just started playing smash since brawl came out and don't have any of the experience carried over from the other two games which makes me auto-win @ Brawl cuz it's easy peezy. =)

unityole

Smash Lord

correction, not really a shame xD, well good news is that the dates havent been comfirmed yet. i was thinking of putting it a week or 2 later cause i also have some studies to do, my freaking labs with circuits and crap as well as my midterm exams.

5/6th, 12/13th those 2 weekends, 12/13th good for everyone?

Clouderz

Smash Ace
you probably won't come for brawl singles both days, since theres only brawl on sunday.
dav you'll have to read more carefully, skipping through details and assumption is no good.

last tourney, i won and i also came in 2nd, its true!

btw, good job on making to 2nd back in the 31st

yeah, i have a habit of not reading topics fully rofl, im wishing to do doubles on brawl for sunday, if someone would wanna be my partner XD, im not as good in doubles though =/

but anyways, gj on getting 2nd haha :)

cya on sunday if that is confirmed :D

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
Man, always so early. Put me as a maybe for Saturday, and if I do come, I can supply us with a GC and Wii. No TV unfortunately =/

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
*johns* But i need moar beauty sleep D:
ALSO, I MIGHT possibly be able to supply a TV, depends on the circumstances (Moving, so I'm depending on how that goes).

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
*johns* But i need moar beauty sleep D:
ALSO, I MIGHT possibly be able to supply a TV, depends on the circumstances (Moving, so I'm depending on how that goes).
You're worrying about that coming from Surrey? You've never tried to make it to SFU from Victoria and going back in the same day. Waking up at 5AM != win. I think I handled SFU6 on 1 hour of sleep. Not fun, but fun at the same time.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i proly wont have a partener for brawl doubles if you want clouderz XD, but i dont know yet i think livermen my normal teammate is going with superboom(not sure) and ya iono il try and find out soon : D

unityole

Smash Lord
I can assume Shane, Otto, and I will be there.

I'll only enter melee stuffs of course.
I assume you guys as in eggz, djcombo and silentwolf?
well, the dates have been changed to 12/13th but it wasn't really for anyone except for me, since i've got midterm exams like wednesday before the 12th/13th weekend :/

this is the confirmed and final time, will not change again..

unityole

Smash Lord
to TKB and victorian group (liverymen, hilary, rob and talking_chicken etc)

the date is now July12/13th for this tourney, see if you guys can make it, more the better.
this is a two day event just like SFU 6, and i will do my best to run this tourney smoothly so you'll all get your games done before you leave for the ferries or elsewhere.

people, please support me with your TVs and setups, this is really important.
we had roughly around almost 40 people at SFU 7 and we had 6-7 TVs, singles/doubles were all done before 4:30 pm, which was awesome. so please help out!!

TVs + TVs + MOAR TVs + SETUPS + WII + GC + lots of people = good tourney!

ps. don't forget players from WA are coming up this time, ive also heard news that in July they are having this passport checking thing, which is really a pain in the neck. show up and let them have a fun tourney! thanks again.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Nice, it's looking a bit more likely for me. I'll pass this on to whoever doesn't follow the boards (most of us communicate with our facebook group or on our smash nights). If I go, it'll just be Saturday, I think, because of semantics of vehicles on Sundays and getting to the boat on time.

More TVs is always a good thing. Actually, last Saturday we actually had the problem of not enough setups for a bit rather than not enough TVs, just because people left early. But we still got done really quickly (as in, we had Melee singles/doubles/low tier and Brawl singles done before 6, I think). We even got Brawl singles done for 18 people with only 2 Wiis. So if you think you might be able to bring something, anything, BRING IT! It's always welcome and it helps make the tournament a better place.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
It was actually 13 in Brawl singles; 18 in Melee. Poor Adam was the one who got 13th.

I REALLY want to go to this, but I don't think I can make it. Don't put me on unconfirmed, but I will come back if I know I can make it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
OMFG I DONT HAVE A GIG THIS WEEKEND!!!!

OMFG I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME TO THIS!!!

OMFG!!! CHECK THIS OUT

(My schedule)

JULY 4TH & 5TH ----- THE EDGEWATER INN PUB IN PEACHLAND B.C.
THERE IS NOTHING HERE
JULY 16TH ----- CLASSIC ROCK WEDNESDAY'S 'ROCK THE LAKE CRUISE, ON BOARD EXECUTIVE HOUSEBOAT CHARTERS 'THE BOARDROOM' (see the link for more info).

YES!

Sweet. Alright Jack, put me down as maybe for both days (this is Saturday and Sunday?) What time does it end on Sunday and what events are what day and will they change at all? And I have a vehicle so I'll bring my set up and TV if I do come. Put Jumblez as maybe too just because I might make him come. And maybe Dalty too (I'll try to force it on them)

This is very maybe but possible none the less.

And Eric, 20$ 5 match advanced slob picks in Brawl MM. And 3 match melee MM (maybe not 20$ but like 10$), I get to counter pick you every match and pick the stages lol That should still not do much for me haha

Edit: I just spoke with my bro and he's in so expect that sick doubles team The Classic to get 5th or better again.

MARIO + BOWSER FTW RRRAAWWWRRR~!!!!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hey, you coming to this Hitsugaya? I'd like to play you again. We played some doubles if you don't remember playing a Bowser lol

Top Bottom