• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Smash Tournaments - Burnaby, BC - Jul 12/13, 08 - 64/Melee/Brawl

unityole

Smash Lord
im totally going on Sunday. My first tourny ever!
ah welcome to the BC smash community, would be better to tell you this when you're at the tourney. great to know that you're coming, looking forward to meet with you and few other new players.

all the info is on the 1st page, phone number, directions, starting time and events etc..

Edit: I am glad to know that people willing to bring TVs and help out at the tourney, now all we need is few more Brawl setups for sunday. As of now we have only got 3, Firestorm, Dynamism and Canadian*sniper. It would be great if others can provide more wii setups, its only 3 days away from the tourney and we really need it.

another reminder that for Melee and Brawl, players need to bring their own controllers.
doubles will start at 11:00 AM on both day, so try to be there at least 30 minutes early for registration and warm up.

Melee doubles and singles will have priority over events such as 64 tournaments and Melee low tiers. I will make Melee crew happen but it will be near the end, late in the afternoon, possibly 5:30 - 6:00 pm ish depending on how fast we get through Melee singles, doubles, and other events.

Best regard, Ronaldmcdonald

Trozz

Smash Ace
Do you have a surplus of TVs?
I miiiight bring my Wii/Brawl, even though I lost my Wiimote last time. No car space for the TV though.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah and more **** is gonna get jacked now I'm not referring to anyone.

I know nobody likes to talk about it, but it's the truth we face in the community now.
And like I said, we've been facing it for ages. Remember when Evan had to threaten to call the cops to get back his stuff? The controller **** lately is getting ridiculous though. Keep an eye on your controllers at all times guys.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Eric, Adam, Manuel, Roby.

I know Roby's down. What say you Manuel?
Sick crew no fairs ;]

Do you have a surplus of TVs?
I miiiight bring my Wii/Brawl, even though I lost my Wiimote last time. No car space for the TV though.
I had car space even when I was gonna bring 3 other people, how many are you bringing? 6? Just razzing you, I have a lot of trunk space in my car lol. It would've been tight though.

And like I said, we've been facing it for ages. Remember when Evan had to threaten to call the cops to get back his stuff? The controller **** lately is getting ridiculous though. Keep an eye on your controllers at all times guys.
lol what? wow, how many times has this happened now? Like all of the recent tourneys or something?

I'm gonna make a corner for myself, and a big sign that says so. If anyone wants to store their stuff there too then you can but you'll have to ask and I'll keep watch on it all day, tiz only accesseddeded by moiz!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The controllers being misplaced/stolen has been happening since just before SFU #6 I believe. The huge iPod thingy happened a while ago.

unityole

Smash Lord
about stolen things, i'll keep my eyes out for it while running events.
a tip though, after each game or after lending someone your controllers, make sure to ask it back right away, right after his/her match.

that way u can keep track of your own controllers, and make sure to keep spare ones in ur bag, CLOSE the bag and put them into a corner, and I will specially looking over the bags.

Rampage

vx
Ok you guys I feel that everybody should do this JUST in case of anything. Please tag your sh*t. The chances of it being taken by accident will decrease by a huge amount if you do this. The chances of it actually being stolen isn't going to decrease by much but a lot of the stuff missing has been by things being taken by accident. Just put your name somewhere that's clearly visible on the controller or whatever it is you do not want taken. Also, KEEP YOUR CONTROLLER WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.

That is all.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Is it possible to have that nearby smoking patio unlocked?

Also, is that donair place open on sunday? They have suuuuch good food.

Teddyslayer

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have an estimate around what time the tournament will end? My mom has to pick me up so she wants to know wut time to expect.

And also, I was wondering if my name on the front page can be corrected. It says Teddybear instead of Teddyslayer. heh

Can't wait for Sunday! XD

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, count me in. Its a bit late but Yakal keeps bugging me about going so I'll go. Put me down as Hopscotch. Probably for just the melee day but i might pop in for brawl.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
so vanityangel, want to be my partner for melee doubles?

and we'll see about crews on saturday.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol teddybear! I hope I get to play you in the first round :p Just cause I can yell that haha. And Dynamism is going through much trouble again but I will make it to this because I SAID SO!!!

unityole

Smash Lord
Hey guys, count me in. Its a bit late but Yakal keeps bugging me about going so I'll go. Put me down as Hopscotch. Probably for just the melee day but i might pop in for brawl.
Hopscotch confirmed for saturday, unconfirmed for sunday :o

Teddyslayer said:
And also, I was wondering if my name on the front page can be corrected. It says Teddybear instead of Teddyslayer. heh
usually its around 6-8 pm when all events are finished. we've got a lot this time so it just might take all the way up till 6 or past 6 to get everything done. but it's really your choice, if you're only here for singles and doubles, you can leave whenever you're done, unless you want more friendlies.

xD sorry bout that i was really tired when i updated the front page :o

unityole

Smash Lord
Unforuntely I will not be able to attend this tourney. So I hope to be seeing you guys in the near future.
:( **** it

Edit:
Is it possible to have that nearby smoking patio unlocked?

Also, is that donair place open on sunday? They have suuuuch good food.
can't, i don't have the keys :/ there really shouldnt be any smoking near 30 meters of any building, but no one listens to that rule anyway :/

Nothing is really opened on Sunday, which is a bad day for a tourney :(. Coffee shop however is still Open on Sunday. All other places are closed.

Donair is open on Saturday but only till 4:00 pm.

Edit again: Down by the production way skytrain station theres a subway, which opens at 10 am on sunday, right inside the station.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hopscotch confirmed for saturday, unconfirmed for sunday :o

usually its around 6-8 pm when all events are finished. we've got a lot this time so it just might take all the way up till 6 or past 6 to get everything done. but it's really your choice, if you're only here for singles and doubles, you can leave whenever you're done, unless you want more friendlies.

xD sorry bout that i was really tired when i updated the front page :o
No Johns

Unforuntely I will not be able to attend this tourney. So I hope to be seeing you guys in the near future.
No Johns, I want to play you!

Eric, Manuel, Roby, Me.

OUR POWERS COMBIIIINNNEEDD!!!....

...are pretty ****.
No... aw man that's gonna...aww man...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Well I was gonna surprise everyone and bring 2 tvs cause the Ktown crew ditched and I thought I might have had room but I can't get the big tv in my car. :\

^this^

I'm on this team and pooping myself at the power of this crew.

**** I'm so drunk and using some random computer pertending to be a employee in this doctor place.
HAHHAHHAHAHA well if you didn't catch that, RECORD THE MATCH BETWEEN ZEBZ ZEH ZSAMUSESEXZZZ!!!!

I'm going to Vancouver this weekend, I wonder if there's anyone there I can play smash with? >;^]

Nathan9914

Smash Rookie
yo when is the next tourney? if its close to vancouver/burnaby i can bring a GC and WII (i only have 1 of each tho) o and is there and age limit cuz im only 13 or can ne1 join?

P.S i dont have SSBM i only have the GC and 4 controllers i used to have it would bring it if i still did but it went missing.

unityole

Smash Lord
yo when is the next tourney? if its close to vancouver/burnaby i can bring a GC and WII (i only have 1 of each tho) o and is there and age limit cuz im only 13 or can ne1 join?

P.S i dont have SSBM i only have the GC and 4 controllers i used to have it would bring it if i still did but it went missing.
next tourney for Melee is TOMORROW saturday july 12th.
SFU burnaby mountain campus. look up to front page for direction/ cell number for more info :O. you only have to bring controllers for yourself, I think we have got enough GC/Wii.

Sunday is Brawl July 13th. sameplace, sametime!

unityole

Smash Lord
could anyone please do me a favor by bringing some change? some coins, lots of 10s and lots of 5s instead of 20s and 50s. bringing change would really speed things up for everyone, when spliting the prizes it'll make it all easy, thanks!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
could anyone please do me a favor by bringing some change? some coins, lots of 10s and lots of 5s instead of 20s and 50s. bringing change would really speed things up for everyone, when spliting the prizes it'll make it all easy, thanks!
GREAT THINKING JACK! I know I only have about $5 to bring in the first place so once I quadruple that from my MM's, I'll have enough 5's to be of help.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I made it, and OMFG have I had an adventure so far sheesh...

Sorry Jack, I tried to get the 2 but I only got the 1. And I'll be there at 9ish/9:30

I have a TON of 5s. I collected them all after my show last night cause we had a $5 cover charge. I was gonna have them for mms but if you need em you got em.

Welcome to the BC community Nathan.

Top Bottom