• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Satau, Melee/Brawl - Burnaby BC, Canada. November 8th/ 08

unityole

Smash Lord
David: brawl doubles probably start at bit later than melee doubles, so be here at 11:00 should be fine.
well thanks for the confirming TV thing and all, i really needed help.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Jack can we have Brawl first? That way people will leave towards the end.. it's gonna be packed. Oh yeah I'm entering brawl with my horny peach.

Is MK banned now?

anyone wanna MM in melee? [probably not LOL]
I'll take you on it. I wanted to MM you last time but I had no moolas.

I have my gamecube and VCR there at SFU. My cubes the one with the missing compartments so technically it's not a cube lol.

I bring tapez.

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack can we have Brawl first? That way people will leave towards the end.. it's gonna be packed. Oh yeah I'm entering brawl with my horny peach.

Is MK banned now?

I'll take you on it. I wanted to MM you last time but I had no moolas.

I have my gamecube and VCR there at SFU. My cubes the one with the missing compartments so technically it's not a cube lol.

I bring tapez.

brawl will probably have to be later on though. we got keith/manli/evan all are leaving pretty early, so i want them at least be able to participate in melee singles. as for brawl we can probably run it at the sametime while some friendlies can happen as well as melee singles/brawl doubles etc, that sort of thing.

PLZ HELP ME OUT WITH TVs, MORE TVS = MORE FRIENDLIES, THANKS

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Can someone with an sd card bring their "legit" brawl save file to replace mine for nov 8th? Otherwise my brawl setup may freeze tourney matches. Hacked brawl isn't friendly I guess >_>

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I been asked by clouderz before but im missing some stuff to do this.

I have recording equipment :O
Quality here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzGDiS0Nvuc

what im missing : A Laptop that actually RECORDS OK

If anyone has a 2ghz+ laptop and don't mind bringing it along, Call me at 604-374-1921.

this is assuming we want to have our games recorded or not, it also up to the person with the laptop to upload it as well, unless they send it to my hotmail.

please call after 5 pm :o

Clouderz

Smash Ace
I been asked by clouderz before but im missing some stuff to do this.

I have recording equipment :O
Quality here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzGDiS0Nvuc

what im missing : A Laptop that actually RECORDS OK

If anyone has a 2ghz+ laptop and don't mind bringing it along, Call me at 604-374-1921.

this is assuming we want to have our games recorded or not, it also up to the person with the laptop to upload it as well, unless they send it to my hotmail.

please call after 5 pm :o

*Drools* offline recorded matches...YES! firestorm can he use yer laptawp!!?!!?!1111? =D

plz ;_;

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
*Drools* offline recorded matches...YES! firestorm can he use yer laptawp!!?!!?!1111? =D

plz ;_;
If he sets up on the TV closest to where the laptop will be yeah. I can probably do the encoding as well. I'll try to free up some hard drive space.

My Laptop:
2.0 GHz Core Duo
2GB of RAM
256MB GeForce Go 7600
Windows Vista Business Edition

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
If he sets up on the TV closest to where the laptop will be yeah. I can probably do the encoding as well. I'll try to free up some hard drive space.

My Laptop:
2.0 GHz Core Duo
2GB of RAM
256MB GeForce Go 7600
Windows Vista Business Edition
actually i'll be setting it up anywhere, im bringing extension cords as well, as long noone steps on them.

Well ok stepping on htem ok (tbh i do it alot) but no breaking it, it costed me $50 to get enough cords.

x__x

Smash Rookie
i'll be coming and bringing 4 with me lol. btw registrations for brawl singles/doubles starts at 10am also? what time does the brawl part of the tourney start?

unityole

Smash Lord
i'll be coming and bringing 4 with me lol. btw registrations for brawl singles/doubles starts at 10am also? what time does the brawl part of the tourney start?
brawl doubles will start at noon, so be here at 11 am or 11 30 am.

Melee doubles at 11:00 am
Brawl doubles at 12:00 pm
Melee singles right after Melee doubles
Brawl singles right after brawl doubles

the est to finish doubles for melee/brawl is around 2 hrs, 2 and half hrs max. this is just an estimation, so dont give too much credit

Clouderz

Smash Ace
im bringing my friend...yeah, he's not that good but ..yeah he has a real nice camera that he's gonna bring and take pics n shiet v.v cant waitttt

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
The events are usually over by 6-7pm.

It depends though, seems like there's a lot of people coming so it might last longer, But friendlys go on through the evening.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
oh shoot almost forgot, firestorm, when it records it already encoded so none needed, but do you want to post them on youtube or you want me to? Depending on how many we record, we probably record at least winner/loser/grand finals for melee and brawl...... maybe 64 too, if i cna get that setup properly.

Top Bottom